All Comments on 'An Unexpected Reaction'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 1,123 Comments (Page 5)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved it. I've read a couple of your other stories (and enjoyed them as well), and I think you're a damn good writer. The stories keep the reader involved, and that's a big plus. They also seem to flow very well, which makes reading the story that much better. Thank You for sharing it with us. I gave it 5 stars, as that's the highest I could give it.

hdwg2003hdwg2003over 2 years ago

LOVED your story....I know I'm repeating what others have stated but this is the THIRD time I have read this story and I read it ALL the way through every-time....it makes me sad, happy, appreciative, angry, untrusting, hopeful, ultimately it has entertained me completely ....very thorough, detailed with thoughts and emotions..WOW, Bravo to him to recover....THE BEST REVENGE is success, which he got to experience with his Ex at the end, nice twist. Thank you again for the effort on your part, it must drain you to pour out these stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

First story I've read three times. Want to say more, but the quality has left me a lil speechless. This story doesn't require a 6th star, but an option so folks can select between 9 or 10 stars. I so relate to that guy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very sweet story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Super good! Felt sorry for Don up until the head board noise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

great story thank you only thing I found unbelievable was the cop being disciplined for a "family matter" but other than that i could feel the pain ya know

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

BRAVO! Very well written indeed. I wish there were more than 5 stars, but I maxed it out for this absolutely amazing story. Thank you so much for your awesome story. Please keep up the fantastic work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful story, lovingly told. Felt the humiliation & bitterness he felt with Becky, & the love from Amanda. Wish you had a paragraph or 2 concerning Celeste's later graduation. Would've been nice if she attained some sort of honor, making a speech honoring her "father & mother". Oh well. The only criticism I had was, sometimes things got too wordy. And punctuation. Nothing huge, but I minored in journalism, so it calls out to me. And the fact that Amanda's much younger than Jace. It tells that she's ready to dump him in a minute.

All that didn't stop me from giving you 5stars, perhaps one of the rare stories I've read that I could easily give you 7. Having read other stories from you, enjoyed them, but this's by far your best. Thank you.

dirtyharry6971dirtyharry6971over 2 years ago

Great story I could tell a similar tale about my ex and my wife of 40 years, who I would never have met if she hadn’t cheated.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

SHIT ! I will be glad when i find a bad story you wrote, been reading for two days and need to click off and get some sleep. 😉

awr75bsawr75bsover 2 years ago

Who ever is giving you advice, thank you for following it.....a great story!!! I loved the twists and turns you presented us. I look forward to reading more of you work. Thank you!

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 2 years ago

i loved the story and gave it 5 stars. Very well written. Jace made a huge mistake with his first wife and he should have paid attention when she cheated on him before they were even serious. She seems to have no conscience about cheating and this is bad. He met a wonderful woman in Amanda and was smart not to fall for Becky's attempt to get back together with him. There are some women out there like Becky and they are doomed to flit from male to male. There are also wonderful women like Amanda who should be treasured. Loved the story. great job!!!!!

Casual_Writer21Casual_Writer21over 2 years ago

Overall, I really liked this story. It was a long read but the MC's witt and rational demeanor held my attention.

Although well written, I had trouble determining where I was in the timeline of the story. Sometimes I didn't know if I was reading a memory or advancing into the future.

The divorce was expertly portrayed because it made me feel frustrated and angry at all the characters who wanted to tell Jace how he should feel. How he should just forgive her like it was easy and get back together. It was also infuriating seeing the hoops he needed to jump through just to separate from her.

The second half was wonderful as well. His witt fit right in with the south. I even started reading his dialog in an accent haha

My only other complaint is I wish the sex was a little longer and more detailed, but other than that great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

anon from a few hours ago: someone must have really singed your tail feathers in the past! A few others seem to have burnt asses as well. Must be the female version of the BTB club.

My god people, it is fiction and good fiction at that. Your hurt feelings of the past are not part of this story! Thank the author and move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is a mans fantasy gets rid of cheating wife an ends up with a young pretty adorable new gf or wife……. Sorry to say that never happens or rarely most 20 year old don’t want someone divorced an certainly not with his baggage he failed to mention to Amanda his sadistic tendencies an cruelty he’s inflicted in the past

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A great Author that can add this story to the growing list of their success'. I loved it. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another self-righteous prick story.

Kryms1nKryms1nover 2 years ago

I… wow. I was fighting tears at pretty much every step of Amanda and Celeste’s character development… you have a true gift for twisting the heartstrings however you want

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh the smell of testosterone, the taste of wounded ego. Routine BTB fodder with a little fantasy romance thrown in at the end. An originality free zone. Tedious.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like the author. Maybe this ended up being a good story. The reviews suggest so... Which is the only reason I even got to the beginning of page 3. But the main character, Jace, has been sick an annoying asshole since the very beginning. As of page 3, not one character is at all likeable. I'll still be reading stories by Q... a really good writer and storyteller... But I just couldn't get into this one.

_h

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Generally speaking with redemption stories, it’s a 10% break up and the rest of the story arc is the HEA, not so here, and I suspect not so in qhml1’s life, definitely wasn’t in mine, I took 3yrs coming to terms with a betrayal, and it coloured the next 10yrs of my life with my HEA. All that said this is Lit - not real life, and devoting 30% of a story to the negative doesn’t really make for a good easy to read flow. This is an old story now, so I’m guessing the author isn’t too worried about my comments, that said I liked it, but it’s not without flaws, like your newer stuff better.

DarknsDarknsover 2 years ago

Another great reading experience from @qhml1. So many other stories never have enough detail when closing the story out and can seem a bit rushed. Or worse, leaving the reader with questions.

That’s not the case here, you tied up all the loose ends perfectly. Yes, it was a perfect ending. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have read this so many times now that I don't even bother reading about Becky, I just pick it up where John Charles moves to his new life, in a new town, where he finds a real woman to grow old with. I would have liked to have had a blurb when they told Jace's mother that she was going to be a grand-ma, again. Since she had decided that Celeste was her grand-daughter from the first time they met.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 2 years ago

As many times I have read this, I can't accept, even as a joke, her threatening him if Becky is even in the same room as him, something that could be totally out of his control.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sooo.....when is the movie coming out .....

and who's gonna play AMANDA ?????

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

What a fantastic story. It covers so many raw emotions from love to anger, to indifference. I love how Jace stuck to his convictions and would not take her back. Cheating over a period of time us not a mistake. Then for Jace to find true love and happiness again really gave the story depth of emotions.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Wow. Great, just great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story. The part I didn't like was the ending where she squeezed his nads til he almost passed out then threatened him. He had NO control over his ex being in that room. How could she expect that in the future? That part really turned me off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

wow captivating great story thanx for the ride one question though why the hell did Becky's friends and his own mom cover for her like that to garner that kind of loyalty would need an impressive heart ya know just a thought

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A mistake is one time, "A" mistake is not an on-going affair organizing and planning behind a spouses back. Why do cheaters try to say sorry, it was a mistake? Why? Because they were discovered and their selfish happy little world bust open. Those people that do that are the lowest form of human existence, to hurt one you claim to love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fantastic! 5 stars. Don't worry about extra chapters when they are written this well. IMHO the extra chapters were essential for character dev. You had Jace nailed early in the 1st part and the others properly as well. A new life,wife & work focus takes more time & words. Jaces growth and happiness seems true to real life. Superior writing and excellent content judgement. Don't stop!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My favorite story on this site. A lot of what happened to Jace in the beginning happened to me with the exception being we were married 20 years and had two wonderful boys. My ex cheated on me and chose her "boytoy" over her family and things have gone to hell since. Only now, 6 years later, the boys are older, one having graduated high school and in college in AZ and the other about to graduate high school this year. I yearn to get out there and see the world again. Be with people who like me for me and for my money (no surprise that there are a ton of scammers out there). So, for the meantime, I am careful with my trust and my heart as I will certainly not fall for it again. My heart has been broken a long time now...Hopefully there is someone out there for me as well, because I am jealous as hell for Jace's success!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the very best I've read. Incredable job, a few small gaffs and typos, so what.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love this one, make me happy with just a few tears. I'll be reading it again in a while, can't help it.

Btrying2Btrying2over 2 years ago

Came across this one again and could not help myself I read it again and cried again. Great story. Interesting characters. Wonderful writing. Thanks for sharing. John

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

I kept looking at this title as I do with most I have read and finally decide to at least read the first part again where he tells everybody off for not telling him about his cheating wife. Then of course the excellent writing drew me in again and I had to read all the way thru. Excellent the second or maybe it was third time around including some editing I'm sure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There was no need for her to try and tear his Balls off .. I would have told her that I do not care for Physical Violence . I would have told her One more time and I am gone .

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Outstanding....yet another great one from one of my favorite authors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lost for words..great story !

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

Reminds me of something Jan Karon, Miss Read, or Gail Fraser would write, hybridized with a revengeless BTB that recognizes that almost all RAAC is a fantasy for those who want to evade personal responsibility for their actions. Becky does not get burned; she gets made irrelevant. In my experience, this is what the universe does for people who do not take responsibility for their actions. They go into the sociopath, bully, liar, and cheater file and no matter how much they succeed, they remain empty. Great story, a real tear-jerker but it makes its point: love involves the soul, and you cannot substitute for that with words, money, or sex.

RakshiLundRakshiLundover 2 years ago

If you are able to move on.

I recommend this story.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

This is exceptional story. If you divide number of sentences with number of events in the plot you will get the maximum possible number. As a matter of fact you can read one paragraph per page and then some comments and you will not miss anything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

More sex, with detail.

Also, more "Romance" or "Mature" than "Loving Wives."

Lastly, GREAT!

Five for you.

MellowJoeMellowJoeover 2 years ago

Great stuff! So good I'm making my first-ever comment on Literotica.

I have but two minor nitpicks that I'm almost ashamed to post.

Jace should have let the other guy's wife know he was cheating. He was so upset that nobody told him that he pretty much torched his old life. It was out of character for him to not let her know.

The other one was where Becky's cop brother couldn't quit because nobody else would hire him. Cops get fired for worse things all the time, then move across the country and get re-hired by another department with no repercussions at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, I'm very happy with Jace's outcome. WOW. I was looking for a story to just cum but found an interesting story that made realize that I need an Amanda in my life. Great story, tho. Looking forward for your other ones. Thank you😁

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Terrific story; it’s one of my favorites. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'd buy this if you published it a little longer on Amazon. This was really good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

After rereading this several times, I find I skip to the Amanda parts. Hope you don't feel I am cheating, but Amanda is where is new life really begins. Who doesn't like a happy new life?

Tonyusmc3051Tonyusmc3051over 2 years ago

Bettina "Bang Bang" Burke hahahaha you linked the stories!!!! Great job, I was all smiles when I was listening to this story. I came running out of the kitchen so I could read it for myself. Now I have to go through your entire list of stories to find the other links. Thank you for sharing!

KarenCDFLKarenCDFLover 2 years ago

Incredible beautiful story! Thank you!

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

Brilliant story, reading for the second time and loving it just as much as first time around. Deffo a favourite to savour.

rayskibbarayskibbaover 2 years ago

I read Literotica for the sex, pure and simple. BUT, this is a wonderful, very well written story. The details were perfect. This is my very favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, although the last paragraph was hurtful. He had just finished espousing his live for his wife. Why did she threatened and hurt him?

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

WOW! Keep up on your writing. Really enjoying your stories. One of my favorite authors here.

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Truly, an exceptional and rich story.

One of the best here.

Thanks.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

This story has a lot to commend it, and it is well written, BUT, it follows a predictable and pedestrian plot. It morphed from a traditional Loving Wives BTB plot (with Becky) in the first half into a romance (with Amanda) in the second half. There is nothing wrong with that, but it didn’t give me that gut wrenching feeling that comes with a really good erotic story with unpredictable twists and turns, well rounded characters and a creative plot stuffed full of lying cheating unlikeable characters. The MC (Jace) is such a Saint that I expected him to polish his halo. I want my hero’s to be sleazeball cheating bastards. So if you like a ‘happy ever after’ romance then this is the story for you. But if you want an erotic story stuffed full of cheating scumbags, bitches, whores and sluts (like I do), where there is no happy ending, look elsewhere. 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the best written stories I have read in 2021. I even teared up near the end. If this doesn't rate 5 stars, nothing does.

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 3 years ago

This is my favorite story on the Literotica site. I know I've read it three times, maybe four. I just posted my first story yesterday and now want to pull it back. I want to write stories like this one. After the failure of his first marriage, the story is great but the dialog is even better. I scanned through a lot of the previous comments and see that many people feel the same way. Maybe I can be just like QHML1 when I grow up but I have to gain a heart like his to do it! Just beautiful!

other2other1other2other1almost 3 years ago

My third time reading this one, the story builds and make you wonder what’s next. the introduction of Amanda gets me each time. And I love that there is a small piece of real closure with Becky at the end.

Really great writing!

SeaChangerSeaChangeralmost 3 years ago

Gifted writer explains how to choose friends.

mrdata9770mrdata9770almost 3 years ago

Oh, I forgot to mention that although she wasn't a regular, I loved the character of Aida, the dark goddess with her average size white dildo that in the end, had her own HEF ending with a bun in her oven by her big badass white biker fiance. Can I give this story another star?

mrdata9770mrdata9770almost 3 years ago

(7/29/2021)

Okay, I need to apologize; this was my second attempt at reading this story and I must also admit that I will need to go back and read sections at the beginning. I'm a romantic drama happily ever after reader, and after reading stories like "That's What Friends Are For" and "Sales Team" I figured I'd give this story a try since it was on the suggested reading list at the end of these stories. I could not get past the first page believing this was one of those masochistic humiliation cuckold sharing "Loving Wives" stories, so I bailed. I'm glad I returned and reached the end but I'm quite pissed at myself for not being patient and enduring the painful beginning as it jumped around the timeline. IMO, it would have been best not to start with the bar scene, but rather with how he met Becky, then flowing through to the divorce and the beginning of his new life. But that's just me. The ending was great especially having Becky witness his success and happiness. I think Amanda would have wiped the floor with Becky even though she was tiny. Never, ever underestimate a redhead; I have real-life experience. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thanks for this storey - I've just read it for the third time!

I'm sure that the writers here can comment on the technical aspects of it, and are probably qualified to do so. I am just a reader, and I loved it! I can however appreciate to some extent the work that went in to produce this. More please!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just finished reading this for the nth time. Its still delivers a strong punch.

Undertaker1953Undertaker1953almost 3 years ago

I never leave comments but this one story is so dam good 5 stars and plusses to match loved it it went everywhere and had everything a great story needs well done

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just loved it! As I've gotten older I've come to appreciate stories lime this, keep it up, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Absolutely one of my three favorite stories here on the big "L". I have no idea how many times I have read it, but it has been quite a lot. There have been times when my nightmares kept me up all night and this story helped keep the demons at bay. Amanda is my favorite character of all the stories I have read, and her and Jace have been my friends from the first time I read this. Yes, I know they are fictional characters, but, as I said previously, they have helped me keep my monsters in check more than once.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I've read this story before. Almost exactly weird for word

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Excellent

Almost ruined when the cheating cunt came back around. She didn't the big ring and married. She deserved shit. However, our hero made tremendous decsions and had a wonderful life. Way to go.

Five Stars

DarkCoco69DarkCoco69almost 3 years ago

5 stars

LOVED IT. I would like to make it known that mid 30s is not old 😄

Cracker270Cracker270almost 3 years ago

I wonder how many others caught the irony of Becky, who swore to never cheat again, tried to get him to cheat with her

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

juvenile...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You could have very well have patterned this story after my life. The Slut, cheating wife with multiple men thinking I was to dumb to know. I stayed because of two minor children I couldn't leave with her. Eventuality, I ended up raising my daughter & son alone after the divorce. She didn't even try to keep them. I did find another woman I could trust years later and have lived quietly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very good one i'm sure it can be made a disney movie with some minor modifications and reduced (Xual) activity

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Its nice to see so many comments, ninety percent positive. I've read this a few times - love it every time. Thank you Q. 5 STARS

somewhere east of Omaha

metropolitanmusemetropolitanmusealmost 3 years ago

Well yes, several typos, a couple of usage/singular-plural disagreements and... never thought I'd have spent so much time crying while reading a story on Lit - damn, you've cost me a full afternoon, and so I both dread and delight in the thought of what's ahead as I see the number of stories you've got here. I've written a few screenplays, a low budget feature and - I'm damn jealous. Thank you. h

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Fifty years ago, as a young marine, I used to listen to my fellow jarheads talk like this. It was stupid then

and it's stupid now. Real Neanderthal bullshit. You, sir, are a certifiable male chauvinist pig. This priggish, self

righteous, Christ-complex crap is so out of touch it makes me want to puke. God help any woman who ends

up under your thumb. You are utterly clueless about women. This is a prima facie example of Stone Age male

egocentrism--narcissistic, arguably sociopathic. Get your head out of your ass Mr Man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Absolutely an amazing story. Gave it a 5!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Great Story

But would have liked to have you develop more of the story on the back end after he moves south. That part of the story was heart warming and fun.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobalmost 3 years ago
Excellent story

I loved it beginning to end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I would have told the judge: “I’m not going to pay to be brainwashed into staying married to a slut! If you take any action against me, my lawyer will be on the phone with the local news with a story about a bullying judge. Also, I will fund and campaign for your opponent in the next election. Do you still want to order counseling?!?”

ZK

SemperSolus0198SemperSolus0198almost 3 years ago

Great story, but grabbing a guy by the balls like that! Not Cool!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story, but I didn't like what Amanda did to his b*lls at the end. Not good! First of all he only just bumped into his ex unplanned. Second he exclaimed his love for his wife. You don't do that to a guys you love!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He should never have given her a job. Way too worried about virtue signaling to be believable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This would be a great story on "Father Knows Best" but this is a site for sex stories! You need to find another site to put corny impossible stories like this on.

DUBLXLDUBLXLalmost 3 years ago

An absolutely beautiful story. Everyone goes through problems. He handled them in a very intelligent manner. His character with his new girl was exemplary, and she respected him as well as loved him. Simply beautiful. Thank you for your story.

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingalmost 3 years ago
Outstanding!

I'll piggyback on DazzyD's comment - third reading, not just great but unalloyedly awesome!! So powerful, it matches "Unicorn" as one of my all-time favorite reads on this site. Mega kudos. 5+ stars!!!

WS

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 3 years ago

Second reading, still great!

jneric2691jneric2691almost 3 years ago

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

kinda corny...

SignedBTWSignedBTWalmost 3 years ago

After Having Read This

Story several times before, I had an epiphany:

"We need to talk."

"I was instantly alert. Nothing good ever came after those words, in my experience."

This is absolutely the first and only time I've ever heard anything good come to be after those four words from a woman's mouth, either here or in my own life. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Epic. It makes me want to twll my story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's a great story. The characters are well defined my only complaint on stories like this is that we never see things from the cheating wife's perspective. It would be challenging for authors to really get inside the mind of the supposedly cheating but loving wife. Nearly always the cheating wife wants to be forgiven and to be given another chance but we as readers don't get to see why they cheated in the first place or what pain, as a loving wife, they experience.

These stories are always one-sided told from the perspective of the cheated husband.

This is an excellent story well written and well thought out but it's not complete without the cheating wife's experience of the failed marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Let Me See if I got this right in my mind . She almost tears his manhood off and doesn't want to have a Child with him until he is 90 .. I would have Divorced her Ass and left her at the Bar . Wow what a Loving Lady .. Not

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story is fantastic!!!! It warmed my heart! Your character development was superb!!! I've read your other stories and this is hands down the best. PLEASE stay with it...you have real talent. Thank you for sharing this! :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Outstanding story

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

2nd time through and this still rocks!

I doubt anyone will ever knock it out of its place as one of the best in LW's. Its THAT good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Wow Karen Is At It Again!

@Meridethx wow you didn't read the story if you're asking those kinds of questions. This is one of the highest rated stories on Lit and you are a clueless idiot if you can't answer your own questions after reading the entire tale. Maybe I need to explain fiction? Or maybe you don't comprehend that all these stories, while maybe based in truth, are made up? These people aren't real and the events are contrived. IMO it's better than the 50 Shades or Twilight bilge. But that is only my opinion. People are entitled to theirs as you are entitled to yours. But your crusade to trash the stories of this author because you abhor strong male leads don't hold water. There are plenty of cuck stories to read on here, leave this author be and go read those since real men are not your thing. Either way none of his fans actually care what you write or that you're stealing oxygen from those who really use it.

fredbrownfredbrownalmost 3 years ago

I'm hooked! Your writing isn't the porn I usually go for but you sure do write well-rounded stories that I can't put down. love your writing but I do get the idea you're a businessman at heart. On to the next tale, I love'em ........

tazz317tazz317almost 3 years ago
WHO IS TO KNOW WHAT MAY HAPPEN....WHAT COULD HAPPEN.....TOMORROW

no one knows for sure, even the good guessers. TK U MLJ LV NV

1...34567...12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories