An Unexpected Romance Ch. 054-067

Story Info
Retired Baseball Player continues romance w/ young woman.
4.9k words
4.76
10.3k
5

Part 4 of the 13 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/01/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ajroye
ajroye
345 Followers

Chapter 54

Angela was in the bathroom, drying herself after a morning shower, when she heard someone enter her bedroom.

"It's just me, Angela!" Brenda barked. "I brought you some clothes for the car dealership appearances today."

Angela was curious, she purchased the clothes Brenda suggested 2 weeks ago and had already set out her clothes for the day. She put on the heavy terrycloth robe and entered the bedroom.

"Good morning, Angela."

"Good morning," she replied... surprised at the scene before her.

Brenda had set out a few royal blue polo shirts and navy wide-legged slacks on the bed. There was also a stranger with her. An older woman. She was smiling cheerfully.

"This is Mrs. Williams. She is here to tailor your slacks. I bought you some navy pumps. I sized you up and there are 3 sizes for you to try on."

"But, why?" Angela asked. "I bought the clothes you..."

"The dealerships have an image to sell,' Brenda replied. "Employees wear these shirts and navy slacks. We need for you to fit in with James, who will be wearing the same shirt and colors as his employees. It's a brand. An image to sell cars. Coffee and cups are over there on the bureau. I can have tea brought up, if you like."

"Coffee is fine, thank you," she replied.

Angela picked up the polo shirt, a women's cut, and read the logo over the left breast.

Young Turner Auto Group.

While Angela was trying on the slacks and pumps, her phone rang. She walked over to the bureau and picked it up. It was James calling.

"James, I'm right across the hall," she giggled.

"I haven't had a chance to call the number a pretty girl gave me on the plane."

Angela began laughing. "You're silly. Come on over. Brenda is here."

A few minutes later, James knocked on the door and entered her room. "You look great! I'll buy a car from Yoooou!" he laughed, as he approached her.

She did look great. She rocked the feminine cut polo shirt and fitted wide-legged slacks. Both accented her feminine and petite figure. Her perky buns were clearly displayed in the fitted slacks, and, he could see them wiggle against the inside of her slacks, when she walked across the room to put on a necklace. Her hair was pulled back with a royal blue headband, and strands of hair fell from the sides to kiss her face and neck.

She really looks sexy this morning, he thought. And those eyes are messing with me.

While she was placing the necklace on her neck in front of the mirror, Angela said, "I see you checking out my ass."

Brenda and Mrs. Williams began laughing and James began to turn red. Brenda spoke first, "I don't blame him. I was checking it out, too! I wish I had a tiny one like yours!"

Angela turned from the mirror, approached her man, grasped the back of his head, and pulled him in for a whisper.

"Thank you. You can look anytime you like."

She released him, gave him a kiss... and a wink.

Chapter 55

James just finished the last photo of the day with a customer who purchased a new minivan for his family. He gave Mr. Redding three autographed baseball cards and three autographed baseballs for him to give to his three sons, who also play baseball. Mr. Redding left having met "The" James Young.

"Are you done for the day?" Angela asked, as James approached her and Brenda.

"Yep. All done."

"Good! I'm starving!" she giggled. "I'm going to the bathroom before we leave."

As she walked away, Brenda stepped next to him and watched her with James.

"James, she's beautiful. Inside and out. I'm impressed. She's eighteen years old and she told me she has a net worth of $4.4 million dollars; most of it in cattle. Especially the prized bulls she owns. I didn't know there was money in bulls," she giggled.

"Thank you, Brenda. And, yeah. There is money to be made in cattle, but, you have to know what you're doing. It's a fine art because cattle markets fluctuate so rapidly. I was impressed, too, when I found out from her father. She learned everything from him."

Brenda stepped from his side and faced him head on. She tilted her head, arched an eyebrow, and said, "I've been watching her the past four days. I would say she's in love with you." She paused to gauge his reaction. "I'm the first one to tell you this, aren't I?" she asked, when she saw the surprised, but, guilty look on his face.

He nodded. "She's hard to resist. She's so youthful and vibrant. A smart ass and funny. Brilliant negotiator. I saw her fleece my brother over three pregnant heifers. She's so petite and sexy. Her skin and hair are irresistible. And her eyes... they're hypnotic. Seductive."

"Your description is the same as mine. So... What's next for you two?"

"Patience... I promised her parents. They like me, but, they are cautious about the age difference."

Brenda firmed up her tone as she spoke, "Don't you dare let the age difference come between you two. You've been lonely for so long, James; you need her. I've never seen you so happy as I have these past four days. And, she is happy, too. She never takes her eyes away from you."

Chapter 56

"Good morning, James."

"Good morning, Brenda. You look pretty. I didn't expect you this morning," James offered, with a furled brow.

James slept in today. The last four days had been busy with appearances, pizza commercials and photo shoots. He had planned an additional 2 days in Kansas City for him to spend some alone time with Angela; to show her some of the sights of Kansas City.

He stepped into the kitchen of the Turner home, still sleepy, wearing cargo shorts, a Royals t-shirt; from when they won the World Series; a Royals field hat, and flip flops. It was a little warm, this July morning, in Kansas City.

"Thank you, James, for the nice compliment. You look a little scruffy, this morning," she offered, with a chuckle. "I've been here about 30 minutes. I stopped by to visit with Angela. We've become good friends the past four days," she offered.

"Oh? Why do I get the feeling that may not go in my favor," he groaned.

Brenda laughed a little too hard.

"I placed coffee and orange juice next to the swimming pool for you. It's a beautiful morning," she offered, with an arched eyebrow.

"Oh?"

James thought it was odd. She had never done that before. And he gave her a look of... confusion.

As he approached the large, windowed doors to the backyard, he froze in his tracks.

Next to the pool, reclining on a chaise lounge, was Angela.

She was wearing a bright white bikini and matching white rimmed sunglasses. Her bikini contrasted beautifully with her naturally tanned olive skin. He had never seen anything so sexy.

"Is there anything the matter, James?" Brenda mused, sarcasms leaking from her lips, as she approached him from behind and stood next to him.

He turned his head to Brenda with a dropped jaw and stunned look. Brenda was fighting off a near irresistible urge to burst out laughing.

"Aren't you going out there for coffee?" She burst out laughing.

After James regained his composure, he opened the door, and walked toward Angela.

"Hi, James! Isn't this a gorgeous pool?"

As he approached her, he replied with a smirk, "I'm not looking at the pool. I see someone who is much more gorgeous."

Angela began laughing and when she recovered, "Do you like it? I bought it just for you."

As he stood there admiring the beautiful sight before him, he considered this was the first time he had a good look of her figure. Previously, she had worn jeans and work shirts, except for the time she wore the yellow sundress to the dance and social. She had worn a conservative sundress to her graduation, and, during their first date on the porch of her home.

This morning, she was wearing a slide triangle bikini top with tiny strings behind her neck and back. Her bottom was string tied on the sides with bows... tiny strings. He could see, from the edge of her lounge chair, the rear of her bikini bottom was hidden from view, suggesting the bottom didn't cover all of her "bottom." Being much closer than when he first saw her this morning, the white bikini blazed with the morning sun, enhancing her beautiful olive skin. Her white rimmed sunglasses suggested mystique. She had a white headband holding her hair back and to the side of her shoulders.

She was petite, as he had expected. She was not skinny, but, slender. Feminine and small arms, neck, shoulders, and torso. A narrow waist with gently widening hips; slightly wider than her waist. Perfect for her height of 5 feet 5 inches. Slender and sexy legs. A very flat tummy, due to the work she did with her business and cattle. He had suspected her breasts were small, and today, it was confirmed. Perfect for the size of her petite and feminine chest. He was no expert, but, suspected a B cup bikini top.

As he took a seat on the edge of the chaise lounge next to her, he replied to her question and comment, in a slow and deliberate tone, "For me? I believe you succeeded in getting my attention. This is one, very, unexpected, and beautiful, surprise. Thank you."

Angela giggled, "You're welcome. I feel great wearing it. I don't wear bikinis often, but, I saw it when Mama and I went shopping in San Antonio. I thought you would like it when you told me the Turners had a pool."

She paused to gauge his reaction, and giggled again. James was roaming his eyes from top to bottom across her body, and, then back again.

"Brenda left you a coffee carafe and a cup over there on the table. I already had a cup."

James didn't respond. He just kept admiring. She giggled a little too loud to break his trance.

"Oh, I forgot," she said, as she reached to the small table next to her. She tossed him an envelope.

"That's the money you gave me for clothes. I didn't need any. I bought everything on sale and I used my own money."

Afterwards, they swam in the pool together. Hugging. Kissing. Laughing. Giggling. All the while Angela had her arms around his neck and James had his arms around her.

Angela was impressed with James without his shirt on. He obviously kept his athletic build.

Chapter 57

"Brenda, I just got off the phone with Dolores McKuen. She heard James was in town and wants to know if he would be her guest tonight at the Royals baseball game. What are you looking at?"

"Sure, I'll speak to him about it. I'm watching Angela and James. I'm spying, I suppose," she giggled.

Mrs. Turner crossed the room, stood by Brenda, and looked out the window.

"Oh, my," she offered. "Oh, my indeed."

"Yes, Ma'am. Indeed," Brenda laughed, as she continued to look out the huge window.

"I will have to remind James of my 'no illegal activity' policy after this," she laughed.

Chapter 58

Mrs. McKuen was nearly squealing when James Young entered the owners suite, escorting a beautiful young woman. She had been told by Mrs. Turner, James would be with Angela this evening. She had tried for years to find him a woman to love. She nearly cried when she was introduced to Angela.

Angela was wearing a royal blue sleeveless sheath dress with white pumps and white headband for her long hair. She was wearing a faux pearl neckless and matching earrings.

"Angela, darling. Come sit with me," she sobbed. "James is my favorite player to ever play for Tony. I'm so happy for him; and you. And, here you are!"

"Thank you, Mrs. McKuen," Angela replied, while she sat next to her hostess. "James and I are friends, really. We just met a few months ago."

"NONSENSE!' she yelped. "I see how he looks at you. And, how you look at him. He would never bring a woman here if he didn't have feelings for her! Your accent is so cute. I love it. Now! Tell me how you two met!"

After Angela told her story, Mrs. McKuen melted into tears. "How romantic."

Chapter 59

"This is where I lived for 13 years."

"This house here?" Angela asked, as she pointed to the house out her window.

"Yes. The one where the father is playing with his two sons, and the mother is sitting on the porch," James sighed.

"Ahhh. They're so cute," Angela chirped.

"I brought you here for a reason. To see my old neighbors. To introduce you to them."

Angela turned to her man, arched an eyebrow, and smiled. "Is this a turning point in our relationship, James?'

"I'm hopeful," he replied, with a grin... and a wiggle of his eyebrow.

He got out of the car he borrowed from Mr. Turner and opened the door for her. They began walking along the sidewalk, hand in hand, and soon the neighbors began exiting their homes to greet them. Overjoyed their famous neighbor had returned to say hello. With a pretty woman, no less.

They spent the better part of the morning drinking iced tea and shaking hands. James introduced himself to the new family who purchased his home, telling them he prayed for a couple like them to move into the neighborhood.

Angela was received with welcoming and open arms. She visited with the wives, older couples, and played with the children.

James was saddened when he had to say good bye. He had known his neighbors well and watched their children grow up, some of whom were gone, raising families of their own.

"You loved it here, didn't you?" Angela asked, as they drove away.

"Yes. Very much."

Chapter 60

"Hi, Maria. How's Michael?"

A pause.

"Really! You'll have to tell me all about it when I get back!" Angela yelped.

She had taken a phone call from Maria and moved to the living area next to the kitchen, so she wouldn't disturb her hosts and James with the call. But, James and Brenda could still overhear the one-sided conversation from the kitchen.

"OK, what does he want?" A pause.

Brenda leaned over and asked James in a whisper, "Maria?"

James whispered, "She's Angela's best friend and partner."

"And he wants twenty two breeder heifers? The ones in the west pens?" A pause.

"OK, tell Mr. Morton I'm taking those heifers to the livestock auction in Thermopylae next week and I'm going to get $1,600.00 each for them. He can call the brokers if he doesn't believe you. He's getting a good deal for $1,500.00 today." A pause.

Brenda raised her eyebrows and looked at James. James chuckled.

"Well, he can go to Beeville if he wants. Remind him, my heifers are still better than those in Beeville, because I've seen them. Also, he will lose his savings by driving the 500 mile round trip to get them. I'll sell them for $1,490.00, but he has to bring you a certified bank check in an hour, or they go up to $1,550.00. I'm not taking any more bad checks from him. Tell him that's my firm offer because I can wait and get the sixteen hundred next week. I could get $1,650.00 if I'm lucky." A pause.

James was nearly laughing at Brenda's "I can't believe what I'm hearing" expression on her face.

"OK, send me a message after you talk to him, and tell Michael I said, 'Hi.'"

Angela ended the call, returned to the kitchen and took a sip of coffee, as though nothing ever happen. After her sip, she saw Brenda staring at her.

"What? Is there something on my face?"

James nearly fell from his chair in laughter.

An hour later, a young woman announced, "The limousine is here."

Chapter 61

"OK, here is your flight information. I'm getting you to the airport in plenty of time because I know you will be delayed by fans. I wish you would use Mr. Turner's private jet. It would be so much easier."

James chuckled. "Sorry, I can't tarnish my image. You know that. Using his limousine is about as far as I want to go."

Brenda huffed and gave a playful scowl.

Angela's phone pinged with a message and she retrieved it from her purse. She looked at the message and smiled widely.

"Is it from Maria?" James asked.

"Yep."

"Well? I overheard your call this morning."

"Eavesdropping are we?" Angela giggled, with a faux scowl. "Well, seems Mr. Morton wasn't back in an hour. He was late by an hour and a half. Maria told him the price was back up to $1,500.00. And, if he wanted them, he would have to pay the difference in cash, in an hour! He was back in 37 minutes!"

James and Angela laughed, but, Brenda was stunned to silence. Her new friend was an expert negotiator beyond her years.

Chapter 62

"Angela," James whispered. "Thank you for being with me. This trip was totally different because of you. It was a good different. I had someone to come to after a long day of appearances."

"I enjoyed every minute," Angela whispered. "You are some man, James Young. Handsome, well liked, admired. I knew when you stopped to help me that first day, you were a special man. I wanted to get to know you. I did get to know you this past week. You are much more than that silly man in the pasture that day."

"Would you consider going to the KOC dance with me this Saturday? I promise more than three dances," he mused.

"Yes, I would love to go with you. Call me to tell me what time you'll pick me up."

James stepped forward and took her into his arms, pausing to seek her approval. He received it. He then moved toward her for a kiss. She took the back of his head with her hand and pulled him to her lips.

They kissed. A gentle duel with their lips and tongues. It was tender and loving.

When James broke their kiss, he took her hand and said, "Good night."

Chapter 63

"So, what do you think of James' life beyond George County?"

"He's the same man I met on the side of the road," Angela mused, as she answered her mother's question. "Yes, he is very wealthy, but, you wouldn't know it from his behavior. He interacts with the least wealthy at their level. He lived in a blue collar neighborhood when he played baseball and his neighbors love him and he loves them. We went back there to say hello and they treated him as though he was one of their own. They accepted me immediately."

"Did you two have a chance to be alone?"

"Yes, for two days. We hung out by the pool and took naps one day. We were invited by the baseball owner one evening to the baseball game. The next day, we spent the morning with his neighbors and we went sightseeing that afternoon. And, I know what you are going to ask next," she giggled. "We did kiss every evening before bed. And every morning before breakfast. And when he wasn't working, we held hands and gazed into each other's eyes."

"What about the bikini?"

Angela began laughing, "He drooled for two days. I think he liked it."

Chapter 64

"Good morning, Brenda. I didn't expect to hear from you today."

"Good morning to you, too, James. And, I didn't expect to call you either."

"Oh? Problems?"

"Only if you think they are," she began. "You and Angela made the supermarket gossip mags today. I wanted to give you a heads up, in case someone says anything. Call Angela. Tell her to be herself and to ignore any hateful comments. Kill them with kindness. You know the routine."

"Is there anything I need to know?" James asked.

"They know she is a successful cattle woman. They're fascinated with her beauty and ruggedness. I'm not sure how they found out so quickly. Her business, I mean. There are also photos. I suspect Lisa sneaked a couple because they are at the auction. They're pretty harmless. You and Angela aren't touching, just smiling. Mr. Turner is involved. He is reaching out to editors to let them know he knows," she giggled.

"I'll call Angela and ask for an invitation to her home. I want her parents involved just in case."

Chapter 65

"Thank you for meeting me so quickly this morning. I felt I needed to speak with you before... Well... This."

Angela, George, and Cynthia were gathered at the kitchen table and James dropped magazines and newspapers on it.

Angela picked one up and her eyes widened. She spoke first, "It certainly didn't take long."

"Should we be worried?" Cynthia asked, as she gazed at one of the magazines.

ajroye
ajroye
345 Followers
12