All Comments on 'An Unhappy Ending'

by ReedRichards

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

You were right, it was a very sad story. There wasn't much emotional impact though, as it was all narration.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Good story,and unlike 99% of the stories on this site, it sounds too true. Very depressing to someone who has seen it happen. Reed just ain't much for "feel good" stories.

luedonluedonover 4 years ago
It's stoeies like this

That make one really think about how lucky it is to be ordinary and have an ordinary and mostly untroubled life. Even in our relatively cushy Western society, there are those who work their way inevitably to "An Unhappy Ending".

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Lots of blame to go around

He never should have given hall pass. Emily and the narrator should have reminded laurie often not to use hall pass and laurie should have just not cheated. Plenty of ways for her to get off and remain faithful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

That was just meandering, pointless, and most importantly, not very entertaining

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Now whata day mon. Stories like tha truth shitty life but real.

Second today me give a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ mon. Damn, but betta than tha crappy cuck drivel we are flooded mostly.

Kaya tha day mon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Just a little nitpick - Shouldn't "release the hounds! being replaced by release the puppies" be the other way around, the "puppies" being replaced by "hounds?"

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 4 years agoAuthor
Mr Sworder:

You’re right about not much emotional impact, because that’s the way things happened in real life. You read it in three minutes, but it dragged out over seven years to me. It was a slowly moving train wreck, you could see it coming, but trains can’t stop quickly.

There’s no ending, either, because I don’t know how it ended. They could all be dead for all I know, because none of them, kids included, show up on internet searches. Did Rick stay off the grid and keep from getting hit with child support? Did Laurie find another guy? Most importantly, how did the kids turn out? All unknowns to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sorry Reed,

I clicked three stars instead of 4. I really feel you should have gotten the 4.

I do think that truthy stories like this are important food for thought, and I appreciate your efforts. You know that this isn't a story for everyone, but one that should be told to as many as possible.

Thanks again and sorry about the mistaken click on the vote.

Wonderman1Wonderman1over 4 years ago
Depressing but realistic

Since I live in this part of the country, I am aware of stories exactly like this. Good story even if it is uncomfortable. Thanks for posting.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 4 years ago

Capt. you claimed that Laurie had an IQ of 85, sad as it is I would have to wonder about yours as 24+29=53 not 49. Other than that I enjoyed (would that be the right thing to say about a sad story) it.

JayDiverJayDiverover 4 years ago

Life.

Personally I don't read cuckold stories on loving wives category. What I like our stories about life, real people, and honest emotions. This was one.

Thanks for the story.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 4 years ago
Well....

True stories are often fun to read.

Or hear.

This story wasn't one of them.

Too little caring all around.

Sad stories, like this one,

should only be told for a reason.

Which is missing here.

No rating from me.

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 4 years ago
Saddly a common story for military families

I was in the Army in the eighties. Stories like these are all too common. Military wives are usually young, alone away from home with husbands deployed or in exercises or guard duty. Sooner or later, Jody, the dreaded "other guy" of military lore crosses their path and many succumb to temptation ruining their marriages.

I've been thinking of a military series once some of my projects are done. But its too close to home. Still, it needs to be done.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 4 years ago
Not great

Certainly a sad tale with little entertainment value to my mind. It was emotionless, recitation of he did she did, well at least he was happy prior to deployment, not so much her. That said, it was different in a venue where different is rare.

Chilleywilley

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Mistakes were made.

Broken families really mess up children who later become adults who never had proper role models and make terrible life choices as a result.

Those two most certianly damaged their children in ways their ignorance cannot imagine. Even with all the advantages of having both parents around children can easily mess up thier lives.

In this true story, these two immature adults forced a miserable future on two small innocent children leaving them to figure life out themselves. It's not just stupid, what they did was evil.

terraknorterraknorover 4 years ago

My first reaction was a 1* because this story depressed the hell out of me. Then, my brain caught up and I realized you got the point of the story across, in spades. So 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
why?

What was the point to this story? I don't get it. It wasn't funny, interesting or sexy to any point. Why did you suddenly have the urge to practice your online reporting on other people?

At least your spelling wasn't bad, and your punctuation worked.

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This was surprisingly good

...like a mini verismo opera. Not popular, I see, but an interesting tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Hall passes don’t work if you are a happy couple . They work if you are a conniver who wants to cheat and have a reasothat i has to be ok because I let you . A guy I knew gave his wife a pass while she was going on a girls weekend to Vegas. He also told her if she did it he wanted to know all. Well she did and added pics on her phone. It was a much younger guy with a bigger dick than her hubbys because that’s what he said and it destroyed their marriage. There was oral, spanking , hair pulling, rimming , face slapping with his cock , facials and repeated anal. This guy was young and on a double viagra dose . She thought it was what hubby was ok with but he feel to pieces and were divorced within two years . Sad but also true

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
3*s

Not very entertaining. This story reminds me of advice my uncle gave me once. A long time ago.

He said "Be thankful for all the dumb people in the world. It it wasn't for them. You and I would have a much harder time being successful"!

That was true advice but it was also depressing 🙁.

Like this story...

AMerryman

javmor79javmor79over 4 years ago

Great story. Sad, but very real. As a guy who was in the Navy, I felt this one.

A part of me will always wonder if my wife ever had any "extra fun" when I was deployed for almost a year; TWICE. I then realize that at this point, I'm better off not knowing. My last deployment in the Navy was in 2000; literally 2 decades ago.

Some stones are better off left unturned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Javmor

You have the time to comment and read but not finish your own story....

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Listened

I listened to my dad and his ex military friends, and formed no deep or serious attachments before going into the military. One problem dodged. Good story with a lesson that won't be learned by those who need it.

writer888writer888over 4 years ago
Nice

Give this to a writer, and they'll make a real story out of it...

Tiger27Tiger27over 4 years ago

Why don't you fuckwads knock off the insults. jesus h christ, your like a bunch of whiney kids.

Hee Haw? Yer showing your age dude!

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 4 years ago
that was

something i guess seemed pointless unless this was some type of practice story. anyway wasn't much there reading about white trash. i wasn't sure why he was so worried about rick's wife she sounded disgusting. was there actually a chance that he would have fucked her?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Lousy POV

Flat, unemotional story. And here's a little hint - drop the "true" story garbage. You're on a porn site, on the world wide web. No one believes a single word coming out of your mouth and onto the pages. Telling us something is "true" just makes us laugh at you and does nothing for the story line.

1 star

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

As has been said, calling it a "true" story, whether or not it is true, adds NOTHING to the story.

Telling a story 100% narration doesn't help.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 4 years ago

Was there a point to the story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
If you don't see the point to the story

you are not very bright...like the tragic characters. Of course the point that shines through may not have been RR's, but it's there, nonetheless.

Things seldom end well for people who embrace "modern, enlightened" ideas about marriages and sexuality. These "ideas" are like fashion fads. They typically originate and are made seemingly glamorous by society's "arbiters of what's hip", in the last 100 years that means celebrities and those who control the mass media. Those most vulnerable to such idiocies are the less gifted, undiscerning "Ricks and Lauries" of this world, not terribly smart and without the financial cushion to absorb a lot of the fallout from their bad decisions. Of course, like so many style fads, the "modern, enlightened ideas" really aren't new, and they are generally incompatible with a high level of civilization.

Emily and her husband are the counterpoint to "what's modern and enlightened", and they do well.

I think RR has written something compact and profound, which means it's not going to be well-received here. In terms of perceptiveness, this is one of the best pieces (and that's a very small number) I've read on LW.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Good, SAD story...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What’s the point? One star

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

This story reads like reality. I don't know if it is, and I rather hope it is not, but the pain seems real and the choices suitably immature. It does speak to how badly we can mess up our lives.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If indeed true, in an attempt to paint a realistic narrative the story fails, and the storytelling fails on all fronts. Why tell such a miserable story so miserably?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
What

What was the point of this. It started with a whimper and kind of just trailed off from there.

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

I get it.

No drama, no action, no romance, no twists.

Looks like real life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Poor, simply poor. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really a sad & useless story. Nothing really happened. Just a slice of regular life without a point or resolution.

Bill S.

fredbrownfredbrownover 1 year ago

Yup, I was NatGuard, when I got back my spouse had turned into a follower of a religious "guru" type. I had changed from husband and baby girl's father to a child killer - according to her, she shunned me for a few days and disappeared - with the help of the sect. Gone forever it seems, I don't want her except as target practice but hope that my now 32-yr-old baby girl does a DNA search some day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WEAK WIMPY CUCK MC!!

CUCK WRITER

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Drop the "true story" baloney. It doesn't help the story and just makes us laugh at you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very 😔

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous