All Comments on 'Anchors Away!! (Pt. 01)'

by buckneckid2000

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Love the story , it needs plenty more chapters. AAAA++++

tazmuntazmunover 2 years ago
My kind of fantasy

Now this is how you get back at all those naysayers, living well!

Snowman992Snowman992over 2 years ago

Great story , can't wait for the next installment. Doing the Great Loop is a dream on mine....hopefully in a few years I can figure out how to make it happen. I still haven't convinced my wife as of yet, maybe I can get lucky and find a deck hand like you did.

mbh129mbh129over 2 years ago

More please.like to hear about the journey all the way back .

Walker0307Walker0307over 2 years ago

Nicely done. Just waiting for the next chapters.

mr6x5mr6x5over 2 years ago

Ok I’m hooked, looking forward to the next leg of the journey.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great Part 1 - looking forward to Part 2

GrizzzfanGrizzzfanover 2 years ago

Few typos, run the spell check, otherwise nice start.

AileyInnAileyInnover 2 years ago

Hey, great first story. Since I am not a member of the Literary FBI, I won’t fuss about what my be considered errors… Great story and I look forward to coming chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A 40’ power boat is neither a ship nor a luxury yacht.

You don’t turn the engines off to save fuel, with no headway you can’t steer to miss those sand bars.

Carry on, at least the relationship piece seems viable.

AngusMAngusMover 2 years ago

This is gonna be a hell of a trip

BigJim48BigJim48over 2 years ago

*5 and I don't give those out much! Being an ol' fart myself, I can appreciate this fantasy! My only problem, aside from being an ol' fart myself, is the lack of appreciation of his wife & kids for the time he spent rebuilding the Chris-craft. Seems, with little or no explanation, that the MC's family only saw "Dad" as a security blanket that provided them all of their needs but drew the line when he had some of his own needs. Maybe you can add some of the family's dynamic so we can further appreciate his decision to go on this 'trip of a lifetime'. BTW, please don't let the Bitch & the Kids fuck this trip up!!!!

BigJim48BigJim48over 2 years ago

*5 and I don't give those out much! Being an ol' fart myself, I can appreciate this fantasy! My only problem, aside from being an ol' fart myself, is the lack of appreciation of his wife & kids for the time he spent rebuilding the Chris-craft. Seems, with little or no explanation, that the MC's family only saw "Dad" as a security blanket that provided them all of their needs but drew the line when he had some of his own needs. Maybe you can add some of the family's dynamic so we can further appreciate his decision to go on this 'trip of a lifetime'. BTW, please don't let the Bitch & the Kids fuck this trip up!!!!

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 2 years ago

Great first effort. Keep writing!

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

*****I love adventure stories with a little sex! Very entertaining read. Thanks for sharing.

Richard1940Richard1940over 2 years ago

I do like stories with original plots and this one is off to a very good start. Keep up the good work and thank you. 5*s

oi_biscoitooi_biscoitoover 2 years ago

Agree with the comment on steerageway. Keep one engine idling! And starting the GreatLoop without a shakedown cruise? Taking on an unknown crew? This skipper is living dangerously. Can’t wait to read more about his risk taking ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
love it !

U R living my dream as well..agree w/ others no spinning props -- no control 40 foot chriscraft is a BOAT...nit pics i know lol great story so far 5* !! stlcris

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit24601over 2 years ago

Just once, (JUST ONCE!) while reading one of these stories where a guy feels he is dreaming a blow job, I’d like to have him waken to realize it WAS a dream!

Other than that hackneyed, ubiquitous trope - great start.

BTW, in the Upper Mississippi we call them “wing dams”, though I realize both terms are common.

He should have had the boat shipped to Minneapolis. Then he could have seen the majestic upper Miss, not the flatlands that start below St Louis.

geo1977geo1977over 2 years ago

Reminds me of a woman that ran a small coffee shop in central Iowa. Her husband was retiring from a engineering job and planned on traveling Europe. With regard to the coffee shop, he said that was that was up to her. When asked about the trip, he commented that she was his first choice for a traveling companion, however, that was her choice. 6 months later the shop was closed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written with a crazy sense of humor, loved it thoroughly, looking forward to the rest...!

Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrelover 1 year ago

Actually, the proper nautical term is:

Anchors Aweigh ⚓

The nautical term "weigh" means to lift up. It is derived from the Old English term "wegan" meaning "to lift". It was often, but not always, used in the context of "lifting to determine an object's weight".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbuckneckid2000@buckneckid2000
just a horny old man with a penchant for telling stories, or so I have been told. Now that I am retired, I hope to put a few of the stories, gathering dust in the back of my mind...into print. Hopefully, they will be as much fun for the reader, as they are for me to write!

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES