Anchors Away!! Pt. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Only thing hurt is my pride" she replied "Guess those handrails have a use other than to just look pretty...huh"

"That's a lesson that you have to learn for yourself!" I tell her "I had to learn it the hard way too! Had bruises on my ass for almost two weeks before they finally went away."

"Damn! I hope I don't bruise!" she lamented.

"If you do....I will kiss it for you and make it well!"

"I bet you would love that" she teased back.

Once we reached Sandy Hook Bay, the waters calmed down and the ride was much smoother. I know that the distance from Sandy Hook Bay to the Hudson River is about the same distance as we just traversed....but with the calmer waters it seemed like we were traveling the distance much faster.

Wasn't long until the first landmark we see is good ole "Lady Liberty" standing there with her arm stretched high welcoming us to New York City! I no sooner spot the statue before I hear Bob whooping and hollering from the other boat...waving back at the giant lady. We cruise to the East of the Statue and glide past the Governors Island and the East River. All of our heads on a swivel as we try to take in all of the sights and sounds, we are experiencing.

Boats of all shapes and sizes are everywhere...everything from little dinghies with people in them fishing...to beautiful sail boats and huge ferries and cargo ships.

I see a marina ahead with fuel docks and some specialty shops, so I radio Max to tell him that we are going in to fuel up.

As the tanks are being refueled, we all gather together to discuss our plans.

"Well, we made it to the Big Apple!" I say, "Do you all want to spend some time here, see the sights and experience the city...or what do you want to do?" I ask

"Personally, I am just fine with seeing what I can see, as we travel on through. I just do not like big cities no matter what and am just not comfortable with huge crowds. So, if the rest of you want to stick around and explore. I will be quite content to stay back and keep an eye on the boats.

"Honestly" said Ann "This is the very first time that I have been to New York...when I do not feel like I am being swallowed whole by the city. Guess it's the absence of congested traffic or something. I've been here before and I have enjoyed it but was happy as hell when we made it back home, all in one piece. I'm just along for the ride this time. It makes no difference to me, whether we stop here or keep going."

"How about you Bob?" I ask.

"I guess I have been "out in the wild" too long... I would rather keep going. Maybe check out the city on the next time around the loop....if not, I can always say that I have been here, and leave it at that."

"Guess that settles it" I say " We are actually running a few days behind schedule....due to the extra time we spent in Norfolk getting the Queen Ann ready. Be just fine with me if we press on and try to make up some time. I don't think we have anything to worry about...but I know that many people have warned that we need to be across the Great Lakes and to Chicago by early fall...or we can run into some very rough storms as the seasons change. So, I would like to avoid that if at all possible!"

"What kind of storms" Ann asks.

" High winds, Rain and hail...white cap waves, large swells...not something you want to face in a small craft like ours"

"What are white caps and swells?" She countered.

"Those waves we experienced this morning... they were just mildly choppy....white caps are much bigger waves that just pound the hell out of a boat as you try to pass through them...better have everything tied down, including yourself."

"Swells are giant waves...that can easily flip a boat upside down if you get caught up in them. Ever watch that movie " A Perfect Storm"...it was a giant swell that took that ship and those men to the bottom. Luckily, you are not likely to encounter a giant swell on the great lakes, like the one in the movie. But when you hear about giant cargo ships seeking shelter from a storm...as big as they are...little boats like ours won't have a chance of surviving!

"What the hell are we waiting on... let's get these boats fueled and get to going!" Ann orders

We finish fueling and grab some more supplies while we have the chance. Before getting back out on the river.

Despite the fact that this portion of the great loop is rarely mentioned. We found it to be one of the most interesting parts of the country that we have visited. We got to pass by the grand estates of such notable people as Rockefellers, Vanderbilts and Mills....we even saw the Mansions of Franklin Roosevelt and Martin Van Buren and many others

We even passed by Dobbs Ferry and "West Point Military Academy...

There were several historic lighthouses along the way, and all in all it was a nice relaxing portion of the trip.

We arrive at Waterford New York around dusk...and decide to drop anchor and raft up for the evening, so that we can begin the Erie Canal route at first light.

I drop Anchors and Bob and Ann start tossing bumpers over the sides. Ann is Mirroring Bob's actions this time...and is at the ready when Max slowly pulls the Queen Ann alongside and Bob tosses the bowline to her.

Once she has the line in her hands...she pulls the slack out of the rope and holds it while Bob tosses the stern-line to me. I pull the rope taunt and secure it to the cleat. By the time I make my way to Ann...she has already pulled her line taunt a has tied it in a perfect "Cleat Hitch"...and is standing there feeling very proud of herself!

"That is awesome!" I tell her "Just might make a sailor out of you yet!"

Next morning at 7am sharp, we are at the Lock offices to purchase our 10 day passes. So that we can travel through all 57 locks without having to stop and pay a toll at each lock. Average trip only takes 6-7 days so the 10-day passes should allow us to travel the entire length of the canal and still have time to make a few stops along the way if we choose to do so.

Bob told me just this morning that she has been "Jonesing" for a Big Mack and Fries....so if we even see a set of "golden arches" along the route...she says she just may have to abandon ship and go grab herself a burger!

Due to height limitations....we have to take down an antennae mast on the Queen Ann. It is a fairly tall boat to begin with and the mast puts it well over the 15ft 6in. limit to clear some of the bridges and overpasses along the canal route. We were given the option of taking the Oswego Canal to Lake Ontario... to avoid those obstacles but decided to just modify our boat and take the Erie Canal all the way to Buffalo and Lake Erie.

Taking the Erie canal all the way to Buffalo is a more direct route...although a much slower route. Speed limit is 5mph in a lot of places and never more than 10mph anywhere along the route. Don't think anyone will notice if you hurry along faster than that? Guess again....your progress is logged with each lock you pass through. Get to the next lock too fast...and you may get fined...or at the very least "detained" long enough that you will lose any time you may have gained...and then some. So, it's best to just cruise along between the locks and enjoy the scenery. Something catches your eye, and you want to stop and take a few photo's...go ahead and make the stop. The journey through the canal is most certainly a throwback to a more relaxed period in time...when "hurry up and get there" really was not an option.

We made it as far as Amsterdam Ny. by dusk...and find a small marina to moor for the night. Unbeknown to Bob... I had checked Google and found out that I could have McDonalds delivered to the marina by using the door dash app. So, you can imagine her surprise; when we had no sooner got the boats secured in place...when a young man wearing a McDonalds hat... brings us a huge sack full of "goodies" that I had ordered. Big Macs, fries, fish sandwiches, chicken nuggets...I hopefully had something everyone would like.

"Oh My god! This tastes SO fucking good!" Bob announced with glee.

We all ate until we were so full, that we felt miserable. Almost afraid to move...for fear that our bellies might explode.

"This is probably going to give us all the McFarts" Bob surmised " But damn it will be worth it!"

"What did you think about going through those locks?" I ask Max

"Definitely do not want to have any more forward momentum than is absolutely necessary, otherwise your wake will make your boat rub against the walls! Found that out the hard way...."Said Max "Good thing Bob had thought to toss a few bumpers over or we might have had some damage.

"Speaking of damage, whatever you do....DO NOT tie off the boat to anything inside of the locks. Just loop your dock lines around a guide cable and hold the line until the water has reached its final depth. If you tie off and the rope gets caught...it can capsize a boat before you can cut the line or catch anyone's attention to let them know you are in trouble!

Some of the newer, or updated locks will have "lock Bollards" that raise and lower according to the water levels. You can loop both lines....bow and stern to the one bollard. But you still have to keep a close eye on everything...in case the bollard does not raise or lower as it should...and you have to make sure a bumper doesn't get wedged in the bollard guide tube.

"Man, I wish we could communicate by radio, not being able to talk to you about this kind of thing, really makes me nervous" Max said

"Radios would be handy but look at it this way. While we are in the Canal....the chances of you veering off course is zero. I say "Practically" because if you take a right turn on the Niagara River, instead of keeping left...you could get to see the Niagara Falls... up close and personal!

As long as we stay together...we can stick close enough to each other to be within "hollering distance" and won't need a radio other than to talk to the lockmaster at each lock to announce our intentions. Which I can do on my radio.

"I think I am going to go ashore and go for a walk. Just feeling the need to have a little solid earth beneath my feet for a bit. Anyone want to come with me?" I ask.

"I'm going to do an inspection on both boats, probably service them while I am at it. I know it hasn't been that long ago that they were serviced. But the Queen Ann had sat for a long time before we serviced her last. Might be a good idea to change oil and filters... just in case."

"Was just thinking about that this afternoon.... Glad we are thinking alike!" I say.

"I think I will hang with Max" Bob replies.

"I'll go for a walk, with you" says Ann.

We take off at a nice slow pace...wander through the park and find a covered walkway that takes us over to a shopping area. We leisurely stroll around looking in the shop windows. Cross a main street to the west and find a nice Pub with billiard tables and go inside.

We order a couple of beers, more for the excuse of just sitting down...than actually being thirsty.

"So, how are you enjoying your excursion so far?" I ask Ann

"Never in a million years would I have ever believed that I would be doing anything like this!" She says with a smile. "When John, my husband died... I was a complete basket case. I had thought I was prepared for what we both knew was going to happen. But it still hit me like a ton of bricks when it did!"

"I can't even imagine what it must have been like for you, to lose someone that you were so close to" I tell her "Really don't know which is worse, to have someone that you love, slowly wither away and die... and there is nothing you can do to stop it from happening. OR...have someone that you truly loved at one time... slowly drift away from you, but you both have let so much bitterness build up between you...that you simply give up trying to correct the problems. THAT is exactly where I was...before I embarked on this journey. Felt like I was trying to carry the weight of the whole wide world on my shoulders. The only thing I could do was walk away and let everything crash in a heap...and see if I can pick up the pieces later."

"That was exactly how I was feeling too!" Ann replied "Every day I was simply "going through the motions"...but really feeling no enjoyment in my life...until you ornery scoundrels entered my life...and helped me to learn to live once again! I sincerely DO appreciate that...so much more than you will ever know!"

"I am not sure that I believe in "destiny" or "god's will" or God's plan... but I certainly believe that there are very strong outside forces that have an influence on our lives. This whole trip has been constant proof of that. Seems like there is more of a reason for me to make this journey other than just to see if I can do it. Every step along the way...is like "this is where you need to be in this moment, and this is who you need to meet, and this is what you need to do...and so on and so forth."

"That is what I call "listening to your gut." Which is something that I had stopped doing after John died. It wasn't until I met you...and demanded that you make your "kids" keep their clothes on in public...that I actually started listening to my gut again! According to company policy...I SHOULD have just called the cops and had you three tossed out of the hotel. But for some reason...my gut told me not to! So, I listened to it, for once. Also, I should have simply refused your invitation to join the three of you for dinner at that restaurant...but again...my gut told me to "go along and see where this leads" ... again, I listened...and look at where it has got me! Sitting in a lovely "pool hall" in the middle of nowhere, drinking a cold beer with a man that has turned my life upside down...which is a GOOD THING! Let me be the first to tell you!"

Well, My lady....my gut is telling me that I REALLY need to go pee! Then we probably ought to head back to the boat."

"Amazing!" Ann says, "My gut is telling me the same thing! That's the bad thing about beer...you don't buy it...you just rent it for a bit!"

We make our way to the restrooms and just before going in I tell her "Sure hope that I can pee while standing still...I'm so used to having to sway with the motion of the boat...I may have troubles"

" Glad I don't have that problem....just stay seated for the entire performance and women are good to go!"

As we are walking back to the boat. We spy a little ice cream shop and purchase four milk shakes with whip cream and a cherry on top. Figured Max and Bob deserve a little dessert as a reward for their diligence with boat maintenance.

Turns out, they were already having their dessert when we came down below deck! Max and Bob's clothes were strewn from the bottom of the steps to the bed in the front cabin. There they were, locked in a lover's embrace...with Bob's legs wrapped around Max's waist...with ankles crossed. While Max was matching Bob pelvic thrust for pelvic thrust.

Ann and I put the milkshakes in the fridge... and pulled up the same chairs that Max and I had before...and just sat down to watch. We were both quite content to simply put our arms around each other...and watch the two young people in front of us... enjoy a healthy sexual relationship. Sure...we could have torn our own clothes off and joined them on the bed. But we were content to just hold each other close and let the younger couple have their own moment and enjoy themselves without us disturbing them.

It was actually very nice, to have the chance to just sit and watch... rather than be one of the performers as well. Ann and I sat there all cuddled up together....her with one hand inside of my shirt, playing with the hair on my chest...and me, brushing her hair with my hand and caressing the skin on the side of her neck and along her jaw. We both tensed up at about the same time...when we realize that the young couple is on the verge of orgasm. I think both of us were holding our breath as we watched them getting closer and closer...until they both cried out with pleasure and their body movements became erratic. Then and only then did Ann and I finally exhale...and start breathing heavily right along with them.

It was only then...that Max and Bob noticed us...

"Damn!" says Bob "When did you two get back?"

"Apparently, just in time for the evening performance" remarked Ann with a laugh

"Brought back milk shakes" I announce.

"Hot Dam!" says Bob " Should have said something....I can get dick anytime...Milkshakes have been pretty fucking rare!"

"Well, thanks a lot" Max retorted.

"Hey, don't you try to tell me that you wouldn't suck a dick yourself....for an ice-cold milkshake!"

"No! I would not!" Max replied.

"These have whipped cream and a cherry on top" I respond.

"Oh, then that changes everything" Max teases as he drops down to his knees in front of me!"

"Better drink the milkshake before it melts...we can work out payment arrangements some other time!" I tease back.

Next morning, we are all up and ready to go by 6am. Unfortunately, the locks only operate from 7am to 10pm. So, we have about an hour to kill before we can get underway.

Max and Bob decide that it is their turn to go for a walk...So we tell them to take their time....get some exercise before we get back to the slow but sure grind of traveling through the locks.

They return about 45 minutes later, with Max carrying something behind his back. They had discovered a bakery!!

They had a whole assortment of doughnuts for us to enjoy Bear Paws with slivered almonds for claws, Apple fritters, Filled Bismarck's...some with raspberry filling some with Bavarian cream. Cinnamon rolls and good ole glazed doughnuts.

We all go below deck to the galley and each get a cup of coffee and sit down to enjoy our pastry treats.

Before I start to take my first bite, Max teases me "How about we consider this donut a fair trade for the milkshake you brought last night. Might save both of us from wearing blisters on our knees"

"Works for me! But I'm pretty sure that two donuts would be a fairer trade! I tease back."

"As long as I don't have to suck a dick....I'll agree to just about any terms you want!"

"Awe, come on!" Ann says, "I was looking forward to watching you pay up!"

"Well, I think we best be getting underway, I am hoping that we can make it to at least Utica before we have to stop for the night.

"Mind if we change things up a bit today?" Bob asks "Thinking that maybe Ann might enjoy riding on the Queen Ann today...give her a little change of scenery...and someone different to talk to besides this old pervert" she says as she gives me a hug.

"Yes" Ann agrees " I would love to spend the day with Max and see how it feels to travel the canal in a MODERN boat!" She emphasizes the word modern, just to tease me.

Ann goes with Max and helps him get the Queen Ann underway. Bob jumps right in and has the Tia Maria ready before I have to tell her anything.

We pull away from the dock and head down the channel toward our next lock. This happens to be one with the lock bollard, so we are able to take both lines and loop them around the same bollard...giving us a chance to just sit there beside each other while waiting for the water in the lock to do its magic.

Bob Is unusually quiet for a bit...then say's to me "Cap'n Rick, I got me a problem, not quite sure how to handle it"

"Be more than happy to help in any way that I can...no matter what it is!"

"I know that... which is why I wanted to talk to you first...before I let things go any further.

"Oh...Kay" I say questioningly.

"Well, it's like this" She begins "You and I have had great chemistry together...right from the get-go! I knew you were a good man...and one that I could trust and be myself around. Right from the very start of this journey."