Anchors Away!! Pt. 15

Story Info
An old mans dream of sailing takes a few unexpected turns...
8.9k words
4.79
12k
11

Part 15 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 01/04/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We pull into the harbor at Muskegon late in the evening. The Marina is located in a rather "industrialized" area. With not much to offer as far as going ashore to explore goes. So, we decide to just fix an evening meal for ourselves on the boat.

Bob finds enough ingredients for her to make her "Cincinnati Chili" recipe...so we all pitch in to help her create her culinary masterpiece.

While I have to admit...when I saw Bob putting things like cinnamon and cocoa and allspice and Worcestershire sauce in her concoction...I WAS a bit skeptical about how this was all going to work out. But once I tasted the finished product...I must say that I was VERY impressed as was everyone else.

After we had finished our meal and helped to clean up the galley. We all went topside to enjoy the evening and watch the sun go down.

"Awe" said Ann "the sky is clear and there are no pretty colors in the sunset this evening. Wonder what that is supposed to mean"

"That the sky is clear and has no clouds" Max said dryly.

"Smart-ass!" Ann grumbles "I have a mind to take you over my knee and whip your butt good!"

"Can you use a hairbrush like momma used to do?" Max teases "that used to make my ding-ding SO hard when she did that!"

With that... Ann stood up and grabbed Max by the hand and said "Come with me young man! It's time I teach you a lesson!" as she leads him down below deck...

Bob and I are left alone...which I assume is why Ann decided to "take one for the team" and keep Max occupied...so that Bob and I can have a chance to talk.

I reach over and take Bob's hand in mine...give it a gentle squeeze...before I say to her "Girl, you and I need to have a heart-to-heart talk!"

Her eyes instantly grew wide, and she looked like she was on the verge of tears.

"First off, I want to apologize to you...for being such a fool! I honestly thought that I was doing you a favor by purposely putting you and Max together. I was totally convinced that the two of you...being close to each other in age...would make a great couple and have so much more in common with each other...than you and I might.

"You have no idea how difficult it was for me...to see you two together and having fun. On the one hand...I was happy that you two were hitting it off so well... But at the same time...I was jealous as fuck ... because Max was the one spending time with you...instead of me!"

"Being a thick-headed old man...it took me a while to figure out why I was feeling so jealous... it is because I am hopelessly in love with you!

"I was so worried about the "what ifs" in life...that I was overlooking the "here and now." I was willing to "let you go" and be with Max...NOT because I don't love you...but because I DO!

"I just wanted you to be happy and feel loved and wanted...more than anything else in this whole wide world...and I was willing to walk away...no matter how much it hurt... so that you could have that in your life."

Bob starts to say something, but I stop her "Please, let me finish...I have rehearsed this all day...and don't want to risk screwing up again!"

"I know that there is a big gap in our ages... you see things based on your life experiences... much different than I do, because of mine."

"But when you really step back and look at things...it is those "differences" that make you and I such a great pair! Your views of life... help me to see things in a whole different light...and hopefully, my views can help you see things from a different perspective as well...and between the two of us...we can kick this ole world square in the ass ...and live life as WE choose to live it... other than how others TELL us we should live!"

Still holding her hand...I get up out of my chair and kneel down in front of her... "Miss Roberta, I know that I am not a spring chicken, and that the days that you and I can be together, are numbered. But I love you more than mere words can say..."

"But the four words that have been on my mind for quite some time, are "Will you marry me?"

"YES!" she said with obvious relief "You old pervert...I thought you were never going to ask!"

"Now, I am not quite single yet... but I have signed all the papers and I am just waiting for the judge to make it official. But once that is done.... I just happen to know of a nice little wedding venue in New Orleans...and happen to know of a couple of people that would probably love to serve as bridesmaid and best man!"

"Awesome Possum" Bob giggles with obvious glee... before kissing me deeply and passionately!

"Let's go below deck and tell Max and Ann the good news!" She says.

We walk down the stairs...hand in hand.

There in front of us...on the bed... is Ann and Max. both stark naked.... Ann is seated on the end of the bed and there is a hairbrush on the bed beside her. Max is sitting in Ann's lap...both of his ass cheeks fiery red with obvious marks from the back of the brush...Ann has her hand wrapped around his cock and is masturbating him...much to his delight!

I look at Bob, and she looks at me...and we both turn back around and go topside again.

"Guess class is still in session and running a bit long" Bob says

"Yes...it would certainly appear that way!"

We take a quick look around...and since we are in a fairly secluded part of the marina and not near any direct lights...we grab a couple of tanning blankets and go up on the foredeck and spread one of them out...then we lay down on that one and use the other one to cover up.

We lock ourselves into a loving embrace...kissing each other deeply and passionately, neither of us sparing use of our tongues. Don't know if it is the heat of being under that blanket...or if it is our hormones heating up.... but both of us cannot wait to get naked!

We kiss passionately for a bit more, then Bob whispers "Please fuck me, I want to feel you inside me... so much that it hurts!"

With that she caresses my hard cock and smears the precum that is already dripping from it...all around the head. I roll over on top of her...resting my weight on my elbows as I get into position, and she guides my cock to her vaginal entrance. I push my pelvis forward and my cock slides effortlessly into her...almost as if it is saying "Home at last"!

For the first time in our relationship...we are NOT fucking for fun...we are "Making love" to each other...and it is the most wonderful feeling that either of us could imagine! There is no hurry to "get to the good parts" ... we are simply fusing our bodies and souls together in an act of pure love. If we could stay just like this...coupled together...forever. That would be the most wonderful thing that either of us could imagine! Even after we have both cum...we choose to lie there together...still coupled at the genitals...until my cock becomes too flaccid and slips out! We just lay there on the deck...looking up at the moon and stars...just wondering how much more perfect life could be right now, for the two of us!

"Suppose we ought to go below deck and see if Ann has beat some sense into Max.... or if she has fucked him to death and needs our help to hide the body" Bob joked

We wrap our naked bodies in the blankets ...pick up our clothes that are scattered about the deck and go below once again.

Max is laying there naked and is sound asleep. Ann is sitting up on the side of the bed, waiting for us.

"So, I take it that the two of you have talked and have things all ironed out now?" Ann inquired

"Yeah...you could say that!" I reply

"I've never been so happy!" Bob says as she gives me a hug "Thank you for playing Match Maker for us... I don't think this old fart would have ever "popped the question" if you hadn't pointed him in that direction!"

"Popped the question? Do you mean he..."

"YEP! Got down on one knee...the whole shebang!"

"Well congratulations you two.... I honestly could not be happier... you make such a great couple! Do we have any of that Champagne left from the boat ceremony...this calls for a toast!" Ann says

"I go over to the Queen Ann and retrieve one of the bottles still stashed over there and return with it and four glasses."

"This is kind of warm.... but we can make do" I say as I take the wrapper off and untie the wire holding the cork.

"BANG!"

The cork flies out of the bottle and ricochets off of the walls.

Max sat straight up in bed "What the fuck was that?" he asked sleepily

"Captain Rick and Bob are going to get married...so we are celebrating with Champagne" Ann replies

"Bout fucking time!" Max replies "Same me a shot or two" then flopped back down on the bed and was instantly asleep.

Ann filled all of our glasses... then raised hers high, and says,

"Here is to Rick and Roberta, two of the orneriest scallywags to ever sail the high seas. May they have a long and happy marriage and may both of them live as long as they want...and never want as long as they live! May they both arrive in heaven a half hour before the devil even knows they are dead! Slainte Mhaith!"

We awake the next morning to a bright red sunrise and overcast skies... "Red sky at morning" Ann remarks

"I just checked the weather" I say "Supposed to be a cold front moving across Wisconsin. We should be able to make our crossing long before the weather changes."

"What kind of weather are they predicting" Max asks

"Mostly just some rain, from what I hear...might be a little wind which will make for some choppy water... but I don't expect for it to get too bad...until later this evening. Lot depends on which way the storms track. According to the maps I saw...it looks like most of the bad weather is going to the north of us...back around where we just came from."

We watch as the Lake Express Ferry leaves loaded down with cars and passengers.

"They must not be too concerned about the weather...otherwise I doubt that they would be heading out!" I say

"Guess we need to be getting underway then" Max states

"I know that the girls have been switching back and forth between boats...and it is Ann's turn to go with me today. But if you all don't mind...I would like to take Bob with me...since the Queen Ann is so much lighter than the Tia Maria.... which means that I may need someone with more experience to help me...if we do hit some rough waters. No offense to Ann! I have no doubt that she could do fine... but I would just feel more comfortable having Bob to help me...since she has worked that boat most of the way since Norfolk."

"I don't mind" Bob says while giving me a wink "If it will keep ole whiney-butt here happy...then let's get this three-ring circus moving again."

Just before we leave the slips.... Bob rushes over and gives me a hug and a long deep kiss.

"Just to let you know how freaking happy I am!" She says, "I can listen to Max babble on...all day long about his loved ones... now I have my own to think about!"

Then off she went like a streak and hopped aboard the Queen Ann.

We followed the same path that Lake Express had taken....out to the lighthouse at the end of the Barrier reef...then set a coarse west tor Milwaukee. Depending upon the weather, it should be about a 3--4-hour trip.

Have to admit...it was kind of spooky crossing over the lake like we are. Even when we had crossed the Gulf of Mexico.... we were still within sight of land. But once we left Muskegon...the safety of the Michigan shore got further and further behind us...and no matter which direction you looked...there was nothing to be seen...but water in all directions.

But as they say..."there is safety in numbers"...and even though we are few in number....it is nice to know that both boats are traveling together...and we can come to each other's aid...if something goes awry.

Approximately half-way across the lake...we began to notice that the sky was turning a very dark grey/green color and the water was becoming very choppy. Nothing alarming just yet... but enough to make you sit up and pay attention to where you are going and what is happening around you!

We go through several rainy patches...which quickly pass on by...and we hit some areas where the winds pick up and causes the windows on the boats to be sprayed with water from the waves...almost as hard as if we were going through "natures car wash"!

"Guess this means we won't need to scrub so hard, next time we clean the boat" Ann jokes

"CHUG!" our boat breaks over the top of a large wave. Becoming airborne for a second or two before smacking down hard on the other side.

"What in the name of hell was that?" Ann asks with a worried tone to her voice

"THAT, my dear...is what they call a swell! That was merely a 2--3-foot swell. Nothing particularly dangerous.... just the lake trying to show our boats who is boss!

"Well, it can be boss all it wants... I just want to cross this lake safely"

"As long as it doesn't get any rougher than this.... we should have no problems. Might shake the fillings out of our teeth...but we should be fine otherwise.

We look over to check the progress of the Queen Ann...and quickly see that the lighter craft is having a bit more trouble than we are! Where the Tia Maria is heavier....it is cutting straight through most of the big waves...and is only bouncing across the water occasionally. Whereas the Queen Ann is bouncing up and down like it is on a pogo stick. When they get closer to us...I can actually hear when the prop of their boat, leaves the water and the engines rev up before the props dive back into the water again.

"We may have to slow down a bit...see if that will help with getting us through these swells." I radio to the other boat.

"Doesn't seem to matter where I set the throttle...the old girl has about so much bucking and snorting she has to do...to get through the waves" Max radios back

"Dumb question" Ann says "What is that up ahead of us...looks like fog or something.... all I can see is white or grey"

"Uh.... that looks like a squall line.... could be some very heavy rain coming at us!"

I relay that to the other boat...so that they can be prepared for whatever is coming at us.

In just a matter of moments...we went from a half mile of visibility...to NO visibility! We could have been coming right up on the back of the Lake Express Ferry ...and would have no idea it was even in front of us...until we hit it! "

I have no choice but to cut the throttle back and let the storm pass over us. We can hear the roar of thunder all around us...but cannot see any of the lightning, because of the heavy rains.

If I did not know better...I would have thought that we were in a tropical storm...like those that pass over New Orleans. About the time that it seems to be letting up...we get hit with another deluge...sometimes mixed with big chunks of hail! Sure, hope that the glass in the portholes can withstand the onslaught...otherwise we may have a lot more trouble than we can handle!

Then, as if being in a boat, with zero visibility... out in the middle of a huge lake is not "fun enough" the water decides to show us what a REAL storm feels like...as the waves go from merely being choppy and rough...to becoming windblown white caps...with 10--12-foot swells!

This SHIT is getting REAL! Sad part is.... all that I can do about it...is shit my pants and hang onto the wheel and hope that we can survive all of this. This is probably not a good time to remind myself that I am piloting a 60+ year old boat through a major storm!

One minute, the bow of the old boat appears to be pointing skyward ....and the next minute, it is pointing straight toward the muddy bottom of the lake! I am hoping and praying that we don't catch a cross wave and flip us upside down! I look over at Ann, and she that she is holding on for dear life...and has her eyes closed and appears to be deep in prayer.

"Sure, hope her conversation with God has some pull.... because I am running out of ideas for what to do....to survive this mess!

Just as quickly as it started...the rain and hail came to an abrupt stop. The waves were still just as brutal as ever...but at least now we will be able to see when that big wave comes along and takes us to the bottom!

I am able to adjust the throttle forward a bit more....and gain some forward movement. We are still being hammered by the waves...but not nearly as bad as they had been hitting us earlier. Once the rains have passed by...I pull a handkerchief out of my pocket and wipe the condensation off of the side windows, so that I can look out and see how the Queen Ann is faring.

I do not see the boat...but considering how badly we were battered by the waves.... I am sure that they had to take their engines to full stop and just ride the waves until the storm passed.... which means that they could have been blown off course by quite a distance.

The Queen Ann has good modern navigation equipment on board and Max knows how to use it....so I am confident that they will be back on course and be right behind us...in no time.

The closer we get to the Wisconsin shoreline.... the more the skies clear and the water becomes calmer. It is still a bit choppier than I would like.... but it is at least manageable. Enough that I feel like I can at least let go of the wheel with one hand...and try to radio the other boat.

I call for the Queen Ann...but only hear static on the radio

"That storm must still be screwing with the radio signal, I tell myself"

"What is that over there?" Ann asks

"That my dear, is the smokestack of either a factory or a power plant! We are almost back to dry land!

We stop at the Milwaukee Marina and reserve two transient slips for the night.

Ann and I get our boat secured and I do a quick walk around to check for damages. Other than one cracked glass in a topside porthole window....and several dents and dings in the wood...where hailstones had pounded the ship. We seemed to have gone through the storm relatively unscathed.

I kept trying to contact the Queen Ann by radio for well over two hours.... nothing but static. Ann and I watched for the boat to come into view...until it was way too dark to see...

Nothing! No lights, no shadowy outline of a boat... just open empty water...

This is when a very sick feeling of dread, began to take over....

"What if they did not make it through that storm?" What if they were hit by one of those cross waves?"

The more I thought about it...the more worried I became. To the point that I could stand it no longer and had to find someone, somewhere to report our missing boat to!

I tried to run, to the U.S. coast Guard Office Lake Michigan Sector but my legs were so weak and wobbly that I knew I had to just slow down and walk. My heart was pounding in my chest so hard that I thought sure that I was going to drop dead of a heart attack at any moment...but if it took everything, I had to get to that office...and try to get some help for Max and Bob.... then I was going to use it all.

It is all my fucking fault that they are in this mess. The stupid ass dream of a fucking old man...may have very well just cost two people their lives!

If it has.... I hope I die right here and now and burn in hell for eternity...because that is exactly what I deserve!

By the time I reach the coast guard office...I am so out of breath that I can barely speak. Luckily, Ann is in better shape physically and has followed close behind me....and is able to explain what happened.

As she is explaining the whole thing to a couple of people at the desk...My nerves simply give out on me...and I can do nothing but sit down on the floor and cry.

Cry like I have not cried since I was a tiny baby... nothing anyone could say or do at this point...is going to console me...for what my stupidity has done!

"Sir, Sir" One of the men tries to talk to me...

"I've got a medic coming to check you out...is that okay?