All Comments on 'And The Bride Wore White'

by SadieRose

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
wierd

wierd but ok seems a little strange that she say she loves her brother but marries someone at the drop of a hat it would have been better if when she told him she was getting married he said go ahead i won't be there you obviously don't love me or care about me and don't expect to hear from me or try to contact me again

SadieRoseSadieRoseover 16 years agoAuthor
An Apology

In response to the previous comment, I think that I made a mistake in trying to tell this story in such a short time-frame. I didn't want to get bogged down in another long storyline at the point of writing it and it was intended as an interlude between two story arcs, to give some flesh to the backstory between Rayne and his sister. In truth their relationship is much too complicated for a short story to encompass (although I fret that a novel would be too depressing!) Rayne loves her without reserve (unless I've missed one somewhere, there are only two people in his life that he's ever admitted to loving) but knows he can't have her. By this point he is beyond jealousy and just clinging on to what he CAN have. Skye's feelings for him are different; she's slightly older and she's already more manipulative than he'll ever be. She's marrying the father of her baby simply because he's got two things she wants; money and social acceptance. That sums her up neatly. Her attitude doesn't come across strongly enough in this feeble attempt but I will have another bash at her before long. (I always like writing the manipulative characters best!) It was my original intention to try and illustrate how she took after her (their) mother but that just didn't come across in the mix. Sorry.

civicchickcivicchickover 15 years ago
I think it was beautifully told

Just wanted to assure you that some readers did understand what you were trying to convey. It is very hard to tell such an involved story and describe such a complex relationship in a short format. You did a wonderful job, and it broke my heart how desperately Rayne loves his sister. It is obvious she loves him too, and the bond they have is quite apart from any other relationships they develop. Just a lovely story, sad and bittersweet. Can't wait to read the rest - and that novel when you finish it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
suggestion

delete all your stories and rewrite them and give all chapters of a series THE SAME TITLE. you admit this didn't come out the way you wanted SO DELETE AND REWRITE. use your head and either do it properly or not at all. stories like this just piss off readers and make them ignore the rest of your stories especially when you post a reply like you did. before post ANY story put it aside and read it out loud several days later, then wait and reread it several days later again, and have somebody you trust to be honest read it then and only then post it.

SadieRoseSadieRoseabout 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks Anonymous

You clearly thought long and hard about that comment. I've only been writing for about thirty years so of course I've never tried any of your suggestions before. And yes, if you actually read any of the other stuff you'll have noticed that each series DOES have its own story title and distinct chapter headings. This was a storyline apart, hence the fact that it doesn't have the same title as any of the others.

Even excellent writers with a fabulous critical record like yourself (I wouldn't know since you don't give anyone the opportunity to read your obviously amazing writing) will admit that sometimes something slips out that with hindsight wasn't ready to go. When this finally does go out as a finished work it won't be here and you won't care anyhow. So cheers for that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
R.W Awsome !

Who ever doubts you're writing skills needs to get there heads out of there asses this was great I loved it you're story's are excellent I don't think you should change anything if I may ask do you just sit and write as thought's and idea's go through your mind? because that's how I write and I was wondering if its the same for others or do you need to make a chart and write down things ?any ways you're very talented are you ever going to make Rayne's story into a book? I would love that! stay awesome SadieRose you'res truly R.W ♥♥♥♥

SadieRoseSadieRosealmost 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the support...

I don't disagree that this is a fragment of a story, I say as much in the intro and I DO actually think it needs some tweaking but in answer to RW (anon)'s question, the writing process is different from story to story.

A Boy Who... was plotted from stage to stage once I knew it was going to be longer than just a couple of episodes. I don't think I could have written it any other way. But basically yes, once the idea is there and I know who the characters are, I do just sit down and write. The idea for this snippet had been going around in my head for a little while and I wanted to get the night before the wedding down so I could see for myself what was there between Ray and his sister. There was always going to be that incestuous element in his storyline, it's not the last time it will occur either but I'll say no more about that for the time being.

The Rhythm of His Blood sequence from Dark Paths to London Loves...? is slightly different because it's been written in collaboration but generally what happens is that we sit down at our respective machines and pass the action back and forth. The best scenes happen when we just can't stop, we become a bit like mind readers, both knowing where the other is trying to go with the scene and not able to wait to jump back in. It's a great creative boost when one or the other of us is a bit stuck as well though, having a collaborator to bounce material off is great motivation most of the time.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

What's ray doing here with Katie, Joe, Skye, and Rayne

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSadieRose@SadieRose
426 Followers
Sadie Rose Bermingham has been writing the Tales of Rayne Wylde on and off since about 1999 - he's a millennium baby. For a few years now some of his steamier adventures have been posted here on Literotica but as of 2014, he and Xavier have been on hiatus. Excitingly, Dark P...