All Comments on 'And the Grass Won't Pay No Mind'

by Candy_Kane54

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighabout 3 years ago
A wonderful story...

...a real throat-gripper, told from Bonnie's viewpoint and made all the more poignant because we, your regular readers, know what is coming. There's not a lot more that I can say except thanks for this, Candy. Anyone who isn't held tight by the emotions in the tale must be lacking a soul.

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienElleabout 3 years ago

Yep. Mom always makes the best pancakes. Glad I had the box of tissues. Bonnie's story is the definition of bittersweet. Another good one, CK.

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94about 3 years ago

So grateful to have had another story with Bonnie and more Virginiaverse to enjoy. I had to read through tears but it was worth it to read such a wonderful and well written story. I would shed a thousand tears to get more wonderous tales. Gems such as the Virginiaverse and the Blue Girl Universe is why I read stories on this site. Stories that touch the heart and soul can never be appreciated enough.

Slurpy29Slurpy29about 3 years ago

For me this was both a heartwarming and heartbreaking story.. I’ve been following you from when you posted your first Virginiaverse story and in the beginning of this story I was a little hesitant reading it because of Bonnie. However, as I read on I found a greater appreciation for the love between Bonnie and Virginia, which I didn’t think possible. I have admit, Bonnie’s premonitions/dreams were gut wrenching as was her writing the notes and I had to dab my eyes more than once. As always, I can’t end my comment within acknowledging Virginia’s beer selection. During the period in which this story occurs Dos Equis was not as well known as today and was one of my favorites. So CK, stay thirsty my friend.

BillyslateBillyslateabout 3 years ago

Wonderful Story / Sad Reading It:

We all know of Bonnie's early death in previous Virginia stories, however it was difficult reading her POV, since Bonnie alluded to her death throughout the story. I think both both Virginia and Kathy realized that Bonnie was experiencing a difficult time, however "respected & loved her totally🎉"; therefore, neither one aggressively questioned her regarding the excessive tearing up on several occasions.

It was quite interesting with Bonnie's "premonition of death" being experienced the form of Dreams-Nausea-Restlessness, since it appears she had not yet received her diagnosis for having Terminal Cancer!

Another Awesome Story From Virginia's World!!

LargoKittLargoKittalmost 3 years ago

Candy, I can feel that you are able to really identify with your characters and that gives them authenticity. You could give more energy to your stories by really trimming in the second or thierd draft. Keep an eye out for repeated words or phrases, especially in consecutive sentences. Details should serve the story not just tell what happened next. We don't need to know she took her blouse off until something is happening by that reveal. Show or rather feel, don't tell. What is an orgasm, to you, and thus for Virginia? How is it unique to her? Okay to write in the third person to show the whole story but still reall get inside one characters head. Keep up the good work.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyalmost 3 years ago

You ripping my heart as well in parts ...... Not shure if its just a fantasy or part of a tale tou walked through ...... Im so taken, as out of own experiences, the knowledge of loosing a soulmate is so unbelievably painful so dramatic so indiscribable ..... The holes in heart and soul cant be filled anymore and the life goes on, but its truly not worth it anymore ...... So i do understand your statement, how much tears you shed writing this ....... Thank you and take your time to recover and fweling the love for your love ....... All the best for you

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicover 2 years ago

I'd say I loved this story. But then someone would say, "I loved it more." And I'd have to say, "Not possible." It's the comfortable and relatable little interactions like those that really bring your characters to life. Looking forward to the next installment.

Runner4069Runner4069about 2 years ago

It so heart breaking that she knows she dying, she's throwing up at night sometimes, and won't go see the doctor to potentially spare everyone else the anguish her death will surely cause. It's very stubborn, and in a way very self-centered of her, and as much as I love the stories, I think alot less of Bonnie because of it, but I appreciate her effort to make sure everyone knows she loves them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCandy_Kane54@Candy_Kane54
*** IN MEMORIAM *** 13JUN23 - It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that Maonaigh had passed on 11JUN23. I hadn't expected it since he had just written me 06JUN23 about his next lesbian story he was working on. Apparently he had been quite sick for some time. His body wa...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES