All Comments on 'Andrea Donovan Pt. 05'

by ThickAsThieves

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Really enjoyed this episode. My Dad was an RAF bomber pilot in the war, in his early 20s. I have his logbooks and reading your story brings it to life again. The camaraderie was intense and they were a rare breed of men. Didn’t talk much about it after the war. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It was perfectly legal for even a non-pilot to sit in the right seat with a rated pilot in the other seat. It was not legal for the plane to be hired out to carry ANY cargo or passengers for hire. The b-17 was loved by the crews because it flew “easier” than the b-24. The b-24 was faster and carried a heavier bomb load, but it didn’t sit easy in the air and required more input from the pilots. It also had one less egress point and was harder to get out of either bailing out or on the ground in the case of an engine fire ( fairly common )

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThickAsThieves@ThickAsThieves
Just a guy in Alaska that likes to write periodically. The characters in my stories are real women, some are still among us and sadly, some no longer are. All of them were (are) special and beautiful in more ways than one. Peace!

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES