Andrew & Elsa: How We Met

Story Info
Does love at first sight exist? Maybe for some.
8.7k words
4.67
6.8k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story was cowritten by JaneAustenButSexy and Nemasis84. Enjoy!

*****

Part 1: Elsa

When I think back to the night I first met Andrew, it feels like another lifetime.

I was in Manchester, UK visiting a college friend, Heather, who had moved to England to get her PhD. She had planned to be in England for four or five years, get her degree then move back to the states but she had fallen in love with England and visiting for the first time I could totally see why. I had been in the UK for only about 6 days and I could already imagine it being my home.

The first few days we had been in London and what a dream that was. Seeing the famous sites that had forever been in my dreams from movies and TV. And of course the West End! But then Heather and I had traveled to Manchester where she now taught drama at the University of Manchester. Classes resumed after the autumn break and I kept myself busy while Heather taught and at night she showed me the Northern sites.

On this evening we had talked of driving down to Liverpool and seeing some Beatles related tourist traps but class had worn Heather out and she talked me into checking out her favorite local pub instead.

For me, as an American being in the pub felt so surreal. It felt like I was in a movie at the turn of the century. I could almost imagine the bartenders in wool vests and checkered hats as they yelled out orders with their adorable Northern accents.

Heather saw some work colleagues and we joined them at a table in the corner. The first topic of conversation was American politics which I could keep up with but soon the subject turned to local political news and I had no idea what they were talking about. I tried to smile and nod along while sipping on my ale but my eyes wandered around the pub. A group of men was having a very animated chat in the opposite corner. I couldn't be sure, but I assumed that they were talking about a soccer game- or excuse me a football match they would say.

Someone at my table asked me a question pulling me back to the conversation. A few comments later and I was out of the conversation again but Heather leaned in and whispered to me, "Elsa, one of the guys at that table over there keeps looking at you!"

"Which one?" I whispered back.

"Green shirt on the far left."

I slowly and subtly turned my head to look. As I made eye contact the man in the green shirt looked away quickly.

I look back at Heather with a giggle.

"Oh, not bad!"

"Oh my God, Elsa. I have been coming to this pub once a week for like 3 years and no guy has ever gazed at me across the room!"

Heather said it loud enough that a couple others in our group heard her and wanted in on our conversation.

"I'm sure he's just wondering why a weird American is in his favorite pub," I shrugged and took another sip of my beer.

"I don't know the guy in green," said Olivia, one of Heather's colleagues. "But I do know the guy sitting next to him; I could make an introduction."

"What? When did this turn into a set up?" I laughed. The small group of us saw that the man in green and friend were approaching the bar for another round.

"This is the perfect opportunity," Olivia whispered. "Just come up to the bar with me to order the next round."

"Oh my god..." I rolled my eyes but also stood to follow Olivia to the bar.

The fellow she knew saw her coming and he opened his arms for a friendly hug, "Olivia! I thought I saw you over there!"

"It's great to see you Brent! This is a friend of a friend, Elsa, and she is visiting from America!"

"Very cool," he offered me his hand as the green shirted man stepped up from behind him.

"Who's your friend?" Olivia asked, rather unsubtly.

"This is my mate, Andrew! We're toasting his promotion!" Brent pulled Andrew forward and he also offered his hand.

"Oh lovely, congratulations!" Olivia said. I attempted to make a similar comment but Olivia beat on with her matchmaking. "Brent, I'm so glad I've run into you and I had something I wanted to discuss..." she placed a hand on Brent's shoulder and steered him away from the bar leaving me with the green shirted stranger. I watched her leave, mouth agape at her abandonment.

Andrew chuckled, "I take it that was a planned exit?"

I felt my cheeks redden, "Yes, very planned and I am so embarrassed."

"Don't be. I'm glad I didn't have to come up with a plan to meet you myself." Andrew motioned to the bartender to pour another round for his group and I did the same.

"So are you admitting to watching me across the pub for the last hour?" I asked cheekily.

It was Andrew's time to blush, "...yes I will admit that."

"Well, I am very flattered," I admitted. "But as Olivia said, I'm visiting from America and I'm not really looking for a fling..." I awkwardly trailed off.

"That's good; I'm not really a fling kind of guy myself," Andrew said.

I laughed shyly again.

"Listen, I don't know how long you're in Manchester but I'd love to be able to show you around some evening if you're interested."

His face was so earnest as he made the offer and though it was pretty far out of my comfort zone to give my number to a random man in a bar, I went for it.

"You know what? I'm going to say yes. Because it's not everyday that you get asked out by a guy with a ridiculously adorable accent like yours." I pulled out my phone and Andrew gave me his number. I texted him so he'd have mine.

"I don't want to keep you from your group," he smiled. "But I will call you tomorrow if that's alright."

"Of course," I nodded. The barkeep set two trays of drinks in front of us and we took them to our respective groups.

The group in my corner applauded as I came back with the drinks.

"Get it girl!" One of them yelled and they all laughed in agreement.

I lifted my own refilled ale and toasted myself, "To having a funny story to tell when I get back home!"

Part 2: Andrew

I woke the next morning a little worse for wear and thinking it must have been a dream. Surely I hadn't really met a beautiful girl last night at the pub, and no way had she given me her mobile number. Yet when I checked my mobile phone there it was, the text message she'd sent me so I could call her today as I said I would.

I lay in bed looking at her number for a long time. I was still feeling tired and things were still muddled in my head somewhat, so before anything else I needed to wake up. I left my bed behind and went to the bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror briefly before I ran some cold water and splashed it on my face, the coolness instantly jolting me awake and now my head was more clear the events of last night flooded back to me.

I'd gone out with my work colleagues and friends to celebrate, expecting nothing more than to have some drinks and a good time, and that is what happened until I looked over at the noisy group of women at a table across the pub.

I didn't know any of them, and none caught my eye at first glance as I sat with my friends, but then I saw her and suddenly I couldn't take my eyes away. I'd never believed too much in love at first sight, but I have been more open to the idea after seeing Elsa that first time.

Everything about her was so perfect in my eyes. She had the shape that I looked for in a partner, curvy and full bodied just like a woman should be, and her hair was blonde and thick, cascading down her shoulders like a waterfall. I was amazed how beautiful she was too, with lips that I just wanted to kiss that curled in the cutest smile I'd ever seen, but her main feature that caught my attention were those bright blue eyes.

I knew I was staring, but couldn't help it, and thinking about it that next morning I could still remember my heart pounding when she came over with her friend, and when we shook hands and I heard her speak with that cute American accent I knew I had found someone that I would never be able to get out of my head.

I dried my face on a towel and went back to the bedroom to sort out my clothes for the day.

"You know what? I'm going to say yes. Because it's not everyday that you get asked out by a guy with a ridiculously adorable accent like yours," That's what she'd said after I suggested I could take her out, then she'd given me her mobile number so I could call her, and never had I been more excited in all my life.

I genuinely couldn't believe she'd agreed, and after we'd gone back to our own groups I couldn't stop gazing over at Elsa laughing and smiling with her friends. If I had been a bit more self confident I would have just gone over and kissed her right there in the pub, and let everyone see and say what they wanted, but at that time I was too shy to be so bold and just go for it.

I looked at the time and wondered if it was too early to call Elsa. My head said that I should give it another hour or two, but my heart was screaming to do it now, she was only in the UK for another few days so time was limited after all. In the end it took me about ten minutes to finally make my decision.

My heart pounded and I felt a sudden rush of excitement. As I waited for Elsa to pick up, I started to feel more nervous.

"Hello?"

Just hearing her sweet voice and wonderful American accent again sent a pulse right through me, and even now after so long together I still feel it, but that morning it took my breath away and reduced me to a nervous wreck.

"Oh hello, it's Andrew. We met in the pub last night. I was in the green shirt celebrating. You said I could call you today," I said, and knew I must sound like an idiot. I had to get a hold of myself but Elsa could get me flustered like nobody I'd ever met.

"Hey Andrew, I am so glad you called me, I wasn't sure if you would," she replied in that American way that I already knew I wanted to hear every day for the rest of my life.

"How could I not call such a beautiful girl right away?" I asked and smiled when I heard the way her voice changed when she replied, I knew that she must have blushed.

"You're just flattering me," she said and hearing that light, sweet tone of hers had me smiling broader and settled my nerves.

"Yes, you are, and if you're still up for it then I'd be happy to tell you just how beautiful you are... Say at dinner tonight?" I asked hopefully, and suddenly I had a knot in my stomach. It was scary just how much I wanted her to agree.

"Sure! I'd love to go out with you for dinner, but you'll have to make the arrangements, I don't know anything about Manchester or where's good," Elsa said and my heart started beating again and I took a deep breath. I realised I had been holding my breath through the conversation.

"Great, shall I pick you up at say seven?" I asked and in my head I was already jumping in excitement and trying to make arrangements. Where could I take her, what would she like to do? I knew nothing about her, but wanted this night to be perfect. Elsa agreed and told me where her friend lived so I could pick her up. After that we said our goodbyes until tonight and hung up and as soon as I ended the call I cried out "yes!" and felt a huge wave of excitement fill my whole body. I was feeling like a five-year-old on Christmas day with a huge pile of presents waiting for me under the tree all with my name on them.

The next few hours were a blur. I brushed my teeth and got a shower, pulled on some clothes and had some breakfast, but all that happened on autopilot. My thoughts were only focused on the gorgeous girl I had met last night, the wonderful girl I had a date with tonight, the special girl I was already dreaming of potentially spending my life with.

I know that must seem foolish to some. We'd only met so briefly and said just a few words to each other in a pub the night before, but honestly I had already been enchanted by Elsa even then. I knew I had met someone special and despite any nagging doubts that I knew I should be having, I was only feeling positive as I started to plan out the date.

*

"Hi Elsa... oh wow you look stunning! If I knew you were going to dress so nicely I would have tried harder!" I said when my date for the night opened the door and I got my first sight of her all dressed up in her finest outfit.

It was 7pm on the dot. I had arrived at her friend's place half an hour early and waited. I'd sat in my car eagerly looking at my watch and rehearsing what I would say when I knocked. But now I was in front of her, looking so gorgeous with a radiant smile on her beautiful lips, everything I had planned to say had simply gone from my head.

Honestly, Elsa looked like a goddess in human form that night. She'd put on a wonderful, blue dress that showed off her figure perfectly and brought out the intoxicating brightness of her eyes. Her make-up was superb too, lipstick that made her mouth beg to be kissed, some blush that gave her face a look that took my breath away and eyeliner that made her already blue eyes seem even more startling and drew me into them like a lake I could drown in if I wasn't careful.

She blushed a little at my gushing compliment at how beautiful she looked and that just made me like her more. Elsa looked so adorable when she blushed.

"Thanks, I tried my best!" she said with a laugh that lit up her face. "So where are we going tonight?"

I looked at my beautiful date and for a second I couldn't quite remember what the plan was. I was too busy admiring her and thinking just how lucky I had been to catch her eye the night before.

"I've booked us a table at Ivy's if that's alright. I've been there before and it's got excellent food," I said, remembering suddenly the booking I'd made that morning after Elsa had agreed to our date.

"Oh that sounds great!" Elsa said excitedly, and her blue eyes gleamed. "My friend has told me about that place!"

I grinned, unable to stop myself, and I felt a rush of happiness that she was excited. I had been to Ivy's several times for work, taking potential clients for the firm to business dinners. It was an expensive place to eat out but I wanted to impress Elsa that night, to make our first date one to remember, and Ivy's boasted a romantic atmosphere given the right company and Elsa certainly was that.

"Well then I am very glad that I can be the one to take you there! Shall we go?" I asked and after Elsa said a goodbye to her friend who was looking somewhat amused at us from inside the flat, I escorted my gorgeous date to my car and drove us to the restaurant.

Traffic was light and we made good time in arriving. That didn't leave us much time to chat in the car but I did give Elsa a few quick glances whenever I could, I simply couldn't help it, her dress was short enough that it showed a little leg and my eyes were drawn to them, as they were to the swell of her beautiful breasts, which I will admit held my attention especially when they jumped or jiggled a little as the road became uneven.

We arrived early and were told it would be fifteen minutes or so before we could be seated at Ivy's so I suggested we could have a drink at the bar until our table was ready. It was an idea Elsa was happy to accept and so it was there that we started to get to know each other better.

"So what do you think of the UK?" I asked, making small talk after we'd been served our drinks.

"It's a beautiful place, I am so glad that I visited," Elsa said with that twinkle in her eye that I was already addicted to. My future wife did then, and still does have, the most gorgeous eyes in the world.

"So am I, because if you hadn't I wouldn't have had the opportunity to meet such a beautiful woman and take her to drinks and dinner," I said with a smile, turning on the charm as much as I could and my heart jumped when I saw how much Elsa was liking it.

"It's a good thing that not all British men are as flattering as you; I would never leave!" she protested and I could tell she was in desperate need of reassurance. Obviously she didn't see what I did, the gorgeous smile, the easy to like personality and fun demeanor. Well I would make sure she heard me tell her until she did believe it.

"Maybe that's the plan!" I said with a joke but made sure she could see I was partially serious as she looked into my eyes. I really did mean it.

Elsa blushed a little again and changed the subject quickly, asking what I did for a living and listening politely as I told her about my job.

"What about you?" I asked, honestly intrigued to know more about this beautiful American who had captured my attention so easily. Elsa was about to start telling me about her job but a staff member interrupted our conversation at that moment and informed us that our table was ready.

"I guess we can carry on our conversation after we eat," I smiled and offered my arm to Elsa, who giggled at the old fashioned gesture but slipped her arm through mine anyway as we were shown to our seats.

Just as I had requested when I booked our reservation that morning we were seated in a low lit, quiet area of the restaurant that set the mood of the evening perfectly. It was every bit as romantic as I had hoped, with candles on the table and soft slow music floating around us.

In that setting Elsa looked breathtaking and as our orders were taken and we waited for our food to arrive I couldn't help but look at her and flirt, making comments about her accent and how cute it was, as well as her dress which she revealed she'd made herself.

"So you're as talented as you are beautiful, well you really are the perfect package," I told her and got the expected response.

Elsa fidgeted a little and grinned, she was really responding to my compliments now. No more deflection, she was accepting them and I knew she was growing to quickly like how I made her feel pretty.

We chatted for a little longer, and I learned I was a little older than Elsa by a few years but she quickly added she didn't mind that, she liked older men. I told her I really didn't think seven years made me qualify as "an older man" which made her giggle.

When our food arrived finally some ten minutes later we were very comfortable in each other's company and sharing jokes as well as our histories. It was honestly like we'd known each other for years, not hours and I couldn't believe how much I already liked Elsa, and how much I didn't want her to go back to America in just a few days' time.

The food was rich and so delicious, and as we ate I kept finding myself looking at her, my gaze drawn to her bright blue eyes that drew me in and wouldn't let go, and I was delighted that Elsa kept looking back at me and smiling. I could sense something growing between us and every nerve in my body was telling me I had to pursue it.

By the end of our meal both Elsa and I were stuffed and so comfortable with each other that we were now openly discussing things that in my past it had usually taken months to feel close enough to someone to reveal. But that was just how it was with Elsa, everything was easy right from the start.

"So what do you have planned for us next?" Elsa asked as the cheque was brought.

"Well there is a park close by and the sun will be setting soon, what do you say to having a slow walk and watching the show?" I suggested, thinking how nice being alone with Elsa would be right now.

"You read my mind," Elsa replied and without having to say another word we left the restaurant together and walked the few minutes to the park. It was still warm despite being late in the evening. Luckily Elsa had come to visit the UK during our autumn and for once it had been a dry warm one, even there in normally drizzly Manchester. I like to think that was fate when I look back on that night.

The sun was still up but setting fast, and the park all but empty apart from a few other couples also out for an evening stroll, so Elsa and I could enjoy each other's company without disruption as we walked side by side and just talked about whatever came to mind.