All Comments on 'Androshorts: The Village Witch'

by Androgynousother

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
good story

Gave me the feel goods. Well written, to boot.

wapentakewapentakeabout 6 years ago
A heartwarming tale

A well written, heartwarming story that is well worth its five stars.

WexenWexenabout 6 years ago

Another good tale of English mysticism from you. it reminds me of a visit to Bourton on the Water when I was younger where I visited a local Witchcraft Museum. In some of the Listed Buildings I surveyed, I came across several 'Witch proofing' items besides Horseshoes and shoes in chimneys the strangest being a set of Lime Plaster Hexballs which had a polished finish when the dust was removed.

Connar1Connar1about 6 years ago
Another great story

from this Excelent author; still 'enchanted' by the characters you create and how you weave stories around them, keep us glued to each page and always give us a happy ending! Please keep it up and let's not have to wait so long for the next one! Five stars again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Excellent

The most enjoyable short story I have read in a couple of years.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I'm a 70 year old man who having read this enthralling story, has just cried his eyes out!!

KaereniSisterKaereniSisterabout 6 years ago

What a lovely story! I kept expecting her to age or him to wake up from a dream.Thank you for not fulfilling that fear.

AxelottoAxelottoabout 6 years ago
That was sweet.

I thought she was just going to find out she had outlasted the curse, I loved it when Granny showed up, and when the squire got what he deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Loved It

Great story, excellent writing, loveable characters and I couldn't put it down. All of your postings have been excellent and this is the best yet. Thank you.

doofus67doofus67about 6 years ago
Top Notch

Outstanding story, and a local one to boot!

Loved Ella's backstory and the historical side to it as well as Steve's dream of the Squires demise. I'm guessing Captain Clements was an ancestor of his.

Good stuff. Cheers! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Outstanding

Nothing more need be said than the title!

IaOldTimerIaOldTimerabout 6 years ago
Not what I usually read

BUT, really appreciate the effort and work that went into this. Really enjoyed this read.

RJKneesRJKneesabout 6 years ago
Great Story

Really enjoyed this! Obviously a romance story, but because it can't be in two categories it's rightly in First Time :).

I look forward to your next work!

-R

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 6 years ago
Amazing! This reminded me of one of those 1950s Gainsborough period romance/supernatural films

but obviously with some sex scenes added in!

It was a great plot, a good story and a unique first time story.

Well done!

txcrackertxcrackerabout 6 years ago
Excellent !

I laughed I cried and I swear , but loved it all the way through . 5*s are very hard to get from me as I read a lot on Lite . But you earned it . The English borough was tough at first for this Southeast Texan but I learned , the " overnight oats " looked like it me become a favorite . First time to hear of the oats .

Thanks for the GREAT read !

txcracker

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wunderschön

I love it. Truly beautiful. Five Stars ⭐️ Dankeschön

bruce22bruce22about 6 years ago
Superenjoyable

A nice waltz through English History and Countryside. It would have been fun if he had courted her before being interviewed and receiving the magic tea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A lovely tale of Gloucs

Cleverly written - a hint of the Pendall witches, and local Gloucester places. There was a Holbrow family south of Cirencester and of course the White Horse in North Wilts. Fun deciding where the mysterious village was - Forest of Dean maybe? A most enjoyable tale!

aptonthe503aptonthe503about 6 years ago
Pretty Impressive Story

There was lots of stuff going on here and you melded it all together very well. I enjoyed your characters and the overall plot. A few parts seemed a bit thin, but I really enjoyed your story.

Full marks!! * * * * *

Thank you for sharing and please keep writing!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 6 years ago
Thank you.

This was a wonderful story and I am very grateful to you for writing it. Want to do it again sometime? Don't have a theme, yet, but you are one of the very best writers on the site and I have been a huge fan for a long time. Wow, what a great story. Look forward to your next, Randi.

shaman43shaman43about 6 years ago
Agree

with the wise comments of a tremendous personality and wise woman blankrandl. May you both enjoy life and your talents

gordo12gordo12about 6 years ago
What a cool tale

Loved it 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Totally unrealistic and practically impossible, but like real love, it happens!

A fun fairy tale. Thank you!

OnethirdOnethirdabout 6 years ago
All’s well

Excellent story with a happy ending. Nice dovetailing of the evolving “new history”. Ella is a spunky salty woman, as one might expect for her age. Of course 5 stars for such a creative and fun effort.

xtchrxtchrabout 6 years ago
Very Different....And Good!

What an interesting and enjoyable tale. I usually don't care for witchy stories but this is an exception that I am glad I read. It was a real love story clouded in mystery and strangeness. The bottom line is that I enjoyed it.

Thank you for a very fine tale.

cavalier68cavalier68about 6 years ago
beautiful

this story is absolutely beautiful you are truly gifted...i loved how you developed the characters, the story and the erotic nature wasnt overwhelming although i have to admit some the british terms were hard for me to comprehend...i absolutely loved this story cant wait to read others by you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Brilliant

Original and beautiful story. I really enjoyed it. Well done grandma for putting everything right. But how did the non-witch people deal with a house that burnt down 300 years ago suddeny re-appearing in the middle of town? One huge collective amnesia?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
We are mostly pleased.

Mostly pleased by this story. It was very well written and interesting. Disappointing to me that it 'descended' into ordinariness. Although I don't know how else one would finish such a tale, perhaps the author has an idea for a variation?

KingCuddleKingCuddlealmost 6 years ago
Sure took a long loop from where it seemed to be heading!! :+))

But you kept the revelations interspersed enough

that I stayed with it...the whole long, winding path!

Very original idea. Very satisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent

I’ve been a regular reader for several years. This is my first comment ever! I really enjoyed this tale for what it is. A fantastically imaginative love story spanning multiple generations and centuries. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Long winded and boring drivel ! 1*.

How the hell this writer got such a high scores ???? By cheating !

Goddamn liar and cheat should be banned from this hallow website!

Tannish84Tannish84over 5 years ago
Illiterate Idiot anonymous redneck!

Not sure how an author would 'cheat' on here, but perhaps you know better? Nah, didn't think so...

You should probably avoid these slightly more cerebral pieces (that at least 59 different people like) that talk about love and complicated back stories with finer feelings and stick with the incest, rape and anal one page, in-and-outers that won't stretch you consciousness as chances are you have more teeth than brain cells.

This is a good story not a fuckfest, at least you know to avoid androgynousother now?

pumpop201pumpop201over 5 years ago

Simply wonderful. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Most Satisfying Tale

As few stories do on Literotica, this story satisfies on second and subsequent readings. Good show!

Barker57Barker57almost 5 years ago
Wonderful Story

Thank you for a great tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Heart

Anyone who makes adverse comments about this story, simply put - doesn't have a heart!

If you think this is drivel then read Mr. S. King!! AND - he gets paid for it!

I can visualise this story in book form and movie - it would be a smash hit!

Why not expand it into a book Andro?

5*

19pvc44

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Historic

Very cleverly written story enjoy it every time I read it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Exceptional Story!

This is the kind of story that makes you want to read it! I am a writer and developing two novels that are the basis for two different series! You show a mastery of character, plot and location development that will help me improve my own writing!

Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great folkloric fairy tale.

Cursed lady, whose curse can only be lifted by a fuck (and love) from a handsome man. Much more satisfying than the curse being lifted by a mere kiss, as in Sleeping Beauty etc.

Fairy tales and much folklore are not of course meant to be literally believed, but convey meaning, emotions etc. through metaphor. This does that very well.

Congratulations.

Handley_PageHandley_Pagealmost 4 years ago
Damned Good

A beautifully written and well-crafted tale.

Thank You

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

What a remarkable romantic story, I had a tear in my eye towards the end. A tribute to a great author.

Well done!!!

Scores 10/10

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Long but good

Enjoyed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Well though out and well written. I thoroughly enjoy it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Fantastically written!!

Loved the story and its development!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A beautiful story

I loved it, every word.

Just a refreshig story from all those 1 page wank offs

Tumblweed22Tumblweed22over 3 years ago
A Wonderful Story

Outstanding storyline. I couldn’t put it down and I’m really not a reader. I cant wait to read more.

Thank you for the adventure!

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 3 years ago

Wow. Well done! 5⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Excellent!

Like some others, I thoroughly enjoyed this and could not put it down. I’d love to read more!

stewartbstewartbabout 3 years ago

Great characters...intreging plot lines...twist and turns right up to the unexpected ending! Well worth reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story. I couldn't put it down.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a beautiful romantic story with the shadow of 'Brigadoon'. A tragic curse turned around from regret redemption to salvation by true love,hope and charity through sacrifice and grace.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hmmm... did the curse reach its expiration date or did they break it? Who knows! Anyway, good story, just a little depressing (reality and identity are illusions and all that).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Awesome well done very enjoyable read . Keep writing

SoleSurvivor1969SoleSurvivor1969over 1 year ago

Great!

Loved it.

Worth every second to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a wonderful story! Really gripping and enjoyable! Thanks for the experience. Great romance and interesting plot twists, and such a happy and "normal" ending. Well done! More, please ....

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 1 year ago

WOW! An amazingly wonderful romance! Thank you so much for you loaning us your readers a peek into your incredible scribes mind.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Beautifully done. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndrogynousother@Androgynousother
Let's not kid ourselves, I write long stories with happy endings - whatever section they're uploaded to, and my characters tend to drink tea and eat bacon and egg sandwiches, might as well tell you now. If you don't like my characters or what they do, please remember they are...