Andy Comes Home Pt. 02

Story Info
Daddy and Andy continued; Andi helps Daddy.
10.9k words
4.84
7.3k
13

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/17/2023
Created 01/15/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thank you for all of your kind comments and emails. I knew I had to continue Andi's and her Daddy's story. So, this is Part Two of Andy Comes Home and is a transitional story. Things are going to change a bit, but for the better, I hope. I have included a summary of the previous story, but reading it would be the best option. WARNING: Any medical treatment mentioned here is a product of my imagination and it should in no way be taken as any kind of fact. I hope you enjoy the story and as you read this I am busy on Part Three.

XXXXXX

What do you do when reality is better than fantasy?

That was how I felt whenever I was with or even thought of my son, Andy. He returned home after a very bad break-up with a controlling, abusive boy-friend. Home is where you go when you need to recover and heal, isn't it? And, I welcomed him home with open arms.

Andy and I had been on our own since his Mother left us when he was eight years old. I spent the next ten years being Mother and Father for him going to any event he was a part of: Parent/Teacher Meetings, School Open Houses, plays, sports - anything so he knew I loved and supported him at all times. And, I took him when I volunteered my time; it was important to me that Andy understand the value of giving back.

When he was 16, he told me he was gay. It was something I had suspected, and when he told me, we took the time to discuss how it would affect his life. We ended that chat with a hug and a reminder that we loved one another no matter what.

As a senior in high school, he worked behind the scenes on a play coaching people on their lines - it wasn't long before he knew everyone's lines and stage blocking. On the evening of the last performance, which was sold out, the lead actress was not able to do her part. The director and cast convinced Andy to step in. When he came out on stage, he was more beautiful than the girl playing the lead and when the final curtain came down, he got a standing ovation. That was the first time I saw him as a female and I was just amazed. He seemed so natural.

At graduation Andy was asked to give a speech. After struggling with the topic, he came to me and after we talked, he decided to talk about the importance of giving to others. Again, he received a standing ovation for a five minute speech. And, it was the day I realized I was in love with my son; and the day I realized that it would never be fully realized.

He went off to school for computer science on a scholarship, which left me with excess money because I had saved for his college education. Have I mentioned he was not only brilliant as a student, but liked by just about everyone? He graduated with a Masters Degree in 4.5 years and got a great job.

When he was a junior in college he began a relationship with Russell that lasted for years. During this time Russell encouraged Andy to be as feminine as he desired. So, Andy became Andi away from school and work. Both Russell and Andy got great jobs after college in a town about 4oo miles away and seemed to be happy. Then Andy arrived home one day to find Russell in bed with a gym rat, the exact opposite of Andy, and the relationship ended. Andy came home.

Having Andy at home again reminded me why I was in love with him. We worked so well together doing the little things of life! We laughed together so easily. The day he introduced me to Andi, changed our lives. Eventually we both admitted we were in love with the other. And that is how we became lovers, even if society wouldn't understand.

Our first real date as Andi and Daddy was dinner at Mario's, a favorite restaurant of our's that was owned by Mario, who loved Andy like a son. Tony, Mario's son, who was Andy's best friend, was the chef at the restaurant. While we dined as Andi and Daddy, every worker came by to express their happiness for us. Tony stopped by with a special dessert and Mario wouldn't let us pay for the meal. In fact, Mario announced that there would be a celebration at the restaurant for us next Wednesday evening at 8:30 and that he would close the place for it.

What could we do? We promised to be there and every worker was going to be there as well. I wasn't sure what we were getting into, but could see Andi's happiness. Then, Andi and I went home to the most exquisite sex and making love I had ever known.

The last few days had been the best of my life, and I think Andi would agree. The happiness we felt had only been a dream to me; something that I would never know, but see in movies, and we all know that's make believe, right? But, the reality that Andi and I knew was better than any I had seen in movies or read in books.

Wednesday arrived and Andi wasn't sure what she would wear, but finally decided on a little black dress and black shoulder wrap that had silver threads running through it. She was drop dead gorgeous in a very elegant, but relaxed manner. I really am not sure how she did it, and in the end she made it look so effortless; like this is how she is supposed to look. Imagine that!

When we arrived at Mario's we found that there was even a parking space reserved for us. As I parked the car and turned it off, I turned to Andi and just looked at her.

"Happy," I asked.

"More than I could ever imagine," she told me softly.

I leaned toward her and brought my lips to hers. It was a soft, gentle kiss; I didn't want to wreck her carefully applied lipstick. As I broke the kiss, with our faces only inches apart I whispered to her.

"You are better than any dream or fantasy. You, Andi, are my reality."

I smiled as she squeezed my hand and then I got out of the car to open her door. As I did, I extended my hand to assist her. She swiveled to get out of the car and exposed her beautiful, stocking clad legs to me causing my heart to just seem to stop for a moment. Andi is really my goddess.

We entered Mario's to applause and shouts of happiness for us. Everyone who worked there was attending the party - about 70 people. Mario and Tony gave us hugs first, and then an impromptu reception line was created as everyone just stopped to tell us how happy they were for us; how we were living their dream and thanking us. Andi and I had no idea how many people we had affected and were brought to tears often as we hugged them.

Eventually the line ran out and we got our food from a buffet that Mario had set up. All of our favorite things were there and we got a little bit of everything. Then we were guided to a table that had been set aside for us and began to eat. People kept coming by the table to talk, though, so the eating went very slowly. How could we not talk to these wonderful people? We both felt so privileged to learn of their dreams and desires that night. It occurred to me that with Mario's help, we were creating a large family who would celebrate triumphs and defeats together; to be there for one another. To celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas together. I remember looking at Andi during a lull in the folks coming by the table.

"How did we get so lucky," I asked her.

"By being ourselves and loving one another," she wisely told me.

As I was looking at Andi and being so thankful, I felt a breeze enter the room from the front door opening. I saw Andi's eyes register surprise and fear as I felt her body tense. Looking up I saw Russell walking in. Russell the ex who had abused Andi and cheated on her.

As I watched, a young male who worked as a server approached Russell and told him this was a private function and the restaurant was closed. Russell glanced at him and then shoved him away. Russell looked around the room, saw Andi and I. As I looked at Russell, I saw anger and a madness in his eyes I had never seen in anyone. His eyes were wild and he didn't seem to be able to keep his body from jerking; he couldn't be still. I knew there was danger for everyone in the room. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Mario approaching Russell.

"Mario, stay back. Let me,"I told him. Both Mario and his son, Tony, kept back a few feet.

"Russell, what do you want," I asked him in a clear voice from across the room as I stood up.

"I want the bitch," he shouted. His eyes were bright; a brightness broughton by madness, drugs, or both. "She's my bitch and she's coming with me." I heard soft whimpers coming from Andi who was slightly behind me.

"Andi is not going with you now, tonight, or ever. It's best that you leave now," I told him clearly. My voice was loud enough to be heard through the entire restaurant but I did not shout at him. My body was relaxed as I tried to gauge what he might do. As we exchanged those few words I took several steps closer toward him so that only about ten feet separated us. I needed to make sure this confrontation was between us and nobody else was directly threatened; I needed to keep his attention.

He looked from me to Andi and then back to me. His eyes and head moving in a jerky manner. It's drugs, I told myself. Russell reached behind his back and brought out a semi-automatic pistol. As he moved his hand to his back, I was picking up a chair that was heavier than I expected, and began walking toward him as I held the chair up in front of me as a shield.

The first shot hit my shoulder, I faulted, but didn't stop moving toward him. I couldn't stop and began moving faster as he kept moving back. I heard more shots, felt a few hit the chair, and then I was on him with the chair, trapping his arms and twisting it. I know I broke his arm based on the angle it was at, but he didn't let go of the gun. Mario ran to that arm and grabbed Russells wrist, squeezing it until he released the gun, and then Mario kept squeezing. Later I found out he crushed Russeell's wrist. But, Russell was so drugged up that he didn't feel the pain.

Tony, Mario's son, got Russell's other wrist in a grip and didn't let go. I didn't know until that night that Tony was just as strong as Mario; both of Russell's wrists were crushed. Russell was fighting to get free by using his legs to try and push me back. I was losing strength because of blood loss. Mario kicked Russell's knee so he couldn't run. As he did, I heard sirens approaching and fell to the floor as I lost consciousness.

I woke up in a hospital room to the sound of beeps. Looking around I saw Andi sitting in a chair asleep, covered by a blanket. Mario and Tony were there, too. Tony was asleep but Mario was watching me as I slowly became aware. Then he was next to the bed whispering to me to just take it slow. To breathe. I nodded and looked at the glass of water. I was suddenly so thirsty. He gave me some water and I closed my eyes.

When I opened my eyes again, I saw light coming in from outside. Andi was still there in the chair, but awake and looking at me. A huge smile on her face. I saw Mario leave the room and returned shortly with a nurse. She looked at the machines hooked up to me and then looked into my eyes with a smile.

"How are you, Mr. Palmer," she asked. My name is Jim Palmer, after all.

"A bit tired. Itchy. Sore. Thirsty. Shoulder has felt better," I told her after a moment's consideration.

"That's good and exactly as you should feel," she said with a smile. "The doctor will be in less than five minutes to see you," as she turned to leave.

Andi came to the bed and hugged me as she cried. I tried to hold her with my good arm, but I had so many tubes in me it was difficult.

"I'm okay, Baby," I told her softly.

"Daddy, I'm so sorry," she cried into my ear.

I pushed her back slightly so I could look into her eyes. I needed her to believe what I was going to tell her.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," I told her.

"But..."

"But nothing," I said. "This was not your fault. None of it was your fault."

"But..."

Mario was still in the room observing us.

"Tell her, Mario, that none of this was her fault, please," I asked him, my voice still weak from being shot.

"Andi, nothing was your fault. Russell was a very sick asshole," Mario softly said in his very direct manner.

"Was," I asked Mario. "What happened to Russell?"

"His heart stopped in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. They couldn't get it started. Russell had a lot of drugs in his system," Mario told me."I'm not sure he even felt his wrists being crushed or his knee kicked in."

The doctor walked in at that moment smiling at me.

"So, how's the hero this morning," he asked with a genuine smile.

"I'm not a hero," I nearly growled at him.

"Well, according to everyone who was at that party, you are. And I've seen the video that's posted online," he told me with a smile. "Sure looks like you were a hero to me."

I tried to shrug my shoulders and instead winced in pain. Shrugging my shoulders was not a good idea.

"The bullet passed through the top of your left shoulder. No bones hit, so that's a good thing. There was some muscle damage that will take a few months to repair, if it ever does," he told me.

"You might feel some discomfort for a few weeks. The best thing is to lightly exercise the area starting in three weeks and massage therapy to increase blood flow. I am going to prescribe physical therapy for which should begin in three weeks after you have started to heal. And, you will be wearing a sling on your left arm to keep it imobile."

"I understand. When will I be able to go home," I asked.

He looked at the bandages and the wound, saw there was very little bleeding and had me move my arm.

"It looks pretty good," he told me. "I'll release you later this afternoon. Right now, I think you need to eat a little. Drink some water and get some more sleep. You're going to be sleepy for a few days - sleep when you want. The nurse will be in later with instructions and paperwork for you to sign. There are some police in the hallway waiting to talk with you."

I nodded and thanked him. As he left, a policeman walked in. Mario and Andi remained in the room.

"This will just take a few minutes," he started. "We don't have a lot of questions. There were cameras in the restaurant so we were able to see what happened. You were defending everyone there. I really just wanted to thank you for your courage," as he held out his right hand to shake mine. "The shooter died on the way to the hospital due to a massive drug overdose."

"Thank you for letting me know," I told him.

"And, the chief..." he started as another person entered the room.

"The chief can speak for himself," the new person said. "I'm Charlie Philips, Mr. Palmer. It's a pleasure to meet you and to thank you for your actions. You saved people last night. If there is ever anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask."

I smiled and thanked him for coming to the hospital. Then I introduced him to Mario and Andi. Both men left the room quietly. Suddenly I was exhausted and closed my eyes thinking it would just be for a few moments. The next thing I knew several hours had passed and there was a food tray next to the bed. Andi was there, but had gone home to change into jeans and a comfortable shirt. Even with eyes red from crying, she was beautiful.

"Hey," I said to her.

"Hey, yourself," she smiled. "Hungry?"

I nodded and she helped me move the tray and raise the bed. As I was eating the nurse came in with instructions that Andi paid attention to and took notes. Then the discharge papers were brought and I signed them. Andi helped me get dressed; she brought fresh clothes from home. And, the nurse came in to put on the sling with a warning to use it until the doctor told me to stop.

An orderly showed up with a wheel chair and took me to our car. He helped me get in the car and wished me well. I just sat back in the car with a big sigh. I was going home!

Andi got in the car and started it. I hadn't noticed it before, but she was wearing my favorite perfume. That moment when I inhaled her scent was a truly healing moment. I felt so much better and knew all would be well.

"Are you going to be my nurse, Baby," I asked Andi.

"Just try and stop me," she replied.

"You might need some cute uniforms, you know," I said grinning. Andi just slapped my shoulder softly. Good thing it was a gentle slap because she struck my left shoulder!

When we got home she helped me change for bed and made sure I was comfortable. God, I was tired. A few minutes later she brought in a small cooler with water and sports drinks to help me get fluids like the doctor instructed. Andi also handed me a pill to take.

"What is it," I asked.

"It's a pain pill the doctor said you would probably need," she told me.

"Andi, let's save the pain pills until I really am in pain. Right now some aspirin would be just fine, I think."

"Are you sure, Daddy," she questioned with a cute pout.

"I'm sure, Baby," I assured her. "I don't want to take narcotics to deaden the pain if I don't have to. If it gets really bad, I'll let you know, and even then I want to start with just half a pill. Is that okay, Nurse Andi?"

She nodded and just looked at me. I could see her lips quivering and tears forming.

"Daddy, I could have lost you," she said through tears, "and it would have been all my fault."

"You said that in the hospital and I told you that you were wrong. Uncle Mario told you that you were wrong," I told her in a very serious voice that was approaching stern. I needed her to know that none of this was her fault. Know it and believe it.

"Come here and sit on the bed next to me," I told her in a softer voice as I extended my right arm. She came and sat down, careful not to move me as she did. I held her hand and looked into her eyes.

"Did you invite Russell," I asked her.

"Oh, God no," she exclaimed.

"Did you know he was going to be there?"

"No."

"Did you know he was in town?"

"No."

"Then how is it your fault," I asked.

"I dated him. I lived with him..."

"And, when you saw," I interrupted her,"what a sick son of a bitch and horse's ass he was, you had the strength to leave him. You broke the ties that held you to him and that took a lot of courage," I told her as I smiled.

Then I had an idea as I watched her give me a small smile.

"Did Russell ever lie to you," I asked.

"All of the time," she told me.

"Have I ever lied to you, Baby?"

"Never."

"And, I never will,"I told her as I squeezed her hand gently for emphasis. "I have never and will never lie to you. Believe me when I tell you that none of this was your fault. He was a sick bastard and he will never be able to hurt anyone else."

I put out my arm and she slid onto the bed with me. Wrapping my arm around her, I held her slim form close and just let her cry softly. The total experience had been so draining for her. I knew she needed the cry and would be better for it as I kissed her soft hair and whispered that I loved her.

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew it was dark outside. Sometime while I was asleep, Andi got up and left the room. I just lay there thinking about my son, woman, love and could only smile. Somehow I must have moved my left shoulder and groaned softly in pain. Andi came running to the bedroom door immediately.

"Are you okay, Daddy," she asked.

"I'm fine. Just have to remember that I can't move the left shoulder," I told her with a grimace.

"I'm sure you'll learn," she told me in her best Nurse Andi voice. She came in to make me more comfortable. "Mario and Tony were by with food so I can bring you something to eat."

"They didn't have to do that," I remarked, "but would love some soup if they brought any."

"I'll be right back with it."

As I looked around the room, I saw that she had brought in trays or small tables for each side of the bed while I was sleeping. Smart girl, I thought.

Andi brought in some soup and fresh bread for me. "Aren't you eating," I asked her.