All Comments on 'Andy's Big Commission'

by jake60

Sort by:
  • 170 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
lots of loose ends

ok the story wasnn't bad but there are too many loose ends and whats up with that ending? i hope there will be a part 2 to this story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
No Part 2 Needed

He's remarrying. She has a beau. They screwed up. It's over.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Sex Kills!

Sex outside of marriage will kill the marriage, despite all the stories talking about how great open marriages are. Lack of communication just throws dirt on the casket. Liked the story, Thanks.

RicticRicticabout 17 years ago
Good Story

I really enjoyed the story. I was hoping they would get back together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
nicely done

enough emotion. realistic characters. enough twist in the plot to make it interesting. 100

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Pride and ego ruin many things.

A fair tale of a weak man and vindictive wife. Bad choices and little thinking. One can always say, where was she went I wanted and needed her to help me get thru this. Some men are just weak. And her need to punish, that in itself says very little for the marriage. She never remembered he was Canadian, laffs a bit, how could one forget something so important about someone one loves so deeply? I think that answers the question. Had she hired an investigator that did something besides a computer search she might have found him.......

Average-JoeAverage-Joeabout 17 years ago
Good story

I thought it was a very good story. Realistic behavior and a realistic ending to the marriage. None of this sitting around for years waiting for your only true love bs that we so often see. Both screwed up - husband first and most but wife as well by trying to humiliate him in front of the town - not something you would do if you expected to stay together imo. <p><p>

I usually dislike the cheaters in these stories but I did like how you wrote the husband. Not what he did, but that he wasnt perfect. I liked how he reacted when she told him she was getting even. I am fed up to the gills with overly perfect husbands who always make the extra effort to stay with the wife no matter what she does. Its not being a real man or standing by your convictions, its being a chicken-shit loser. <p><p>

About the only thing missing was the husband taking out both of tiny's knees with a bat some night when he was getting off work. <p><p>

Thanks for writing.<p><p>

PS - Im not saying the husband deserved a second chance or that he was nice guy or that it was mostly the wifes fault. If it had been the other way around and the husband was making a loving gesture to surprise the wife while she was out of town, I wouldnt think she was too concerned with his feelings. Same here - I think the husband got what was coming to him (except for tiny and I dislike strutting jackanapes like I mentioned above so Im probably biased against him). The way he was treated by the wife made me glad that he had moved on though (I dont usually want to see the wife in cheating wives stories suffer either unless she is really bad - I just dont usually like to see the husbands stay with them).

The NavigatorThe Navigatorabout 17 years ago
Ugh

Jake, you should have kept this to yourself. The weak plot was so much like many others it was almost a carbon copy. Weak, undeveloped, unintersting characters, just floating with the tide. You have produced some excellent stories. This was not one of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Well done story.

This was well written and made a good read.

<p>

It wasn't clear why she would think he was dead. There was nothing in his note to lead her to believe anything but that he was leaving.

<p>

I could see him leaving - her telling him she was going to cheat 13 times was over the top. Yeah, he cheated, but ... well, you make you bed and have to lie in it. This applies to both of them.

<p>

Regards, Jack

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
rather silly ... and hard to believe

sorry this story need to be redone.

<br></br>

Does anyone believe she did NOT sleep with these other 13 guys??? I sure as hell do not and if yall have fooking brain neither should you.

<br></br>

Here is why: how was the wife's plan to get "even" made good when she saw her own husband get beaten up TWICE in two nights in front of her eyes and did NOTHING?

<br></br>

I mean come on.... The wife KNOWS that her attack on her husband when he was banging Brenda (which was justified ) had caused a major head injury.... <b> so when she ORDERED Tiny to take care of her husband ... and Tiny slams his head... she did NOTHING.</b>

<br></br>

The story was over right there. TINY's had slap could of re-opened his wound and or killed him. So what did the wife do... after checking on him he went and fucked the other guy.

<br></br>

Over. At this point the story is so over. The wife isnt a nurse or a doctor. Suppose he stopped breathing 5 minutes later?

<br></br>

Think about this ... she would not talk to him even over the phone... the ONLY place he could talk to her was at the Bar where TINY was around and <b>she KNEW and planned on him getting beaten up again!!! </b>

<br></br>

His 2nd attempt to reach his wife ONLY to find out that she had this bizzare sexual scheme to fuck 13 other was EVIL. As soon as he opened his mouth BAMMM!

<br></br>

At the end of this child like story Kathy says she came out of the bar worried that she <b>MIGHT </b >have gone too far. MIGHT. As if there is a chance she might not have...

<br></br>

She was so worried she stayed out at night... to hurt him again. Lets review... Her plan

<br></br>

<b>

1 do not talk to him exceot at bar.

<br></br>

2 have him beaten up twice regardless of his head injury

<br></br>

3 announced to everyone she plans to fuck 13 other men

<br></br>

4 do nothing when he gets beaten uop twice for even trying to talk to his wife </b>

<br></br>

does anyone believe she did NOT fuck any of these other men? sure I believe that but then again I thought Saddam had all those WMDs.

<br></br>

a damn silly sorry

acs_1acs_1about 17 years ago
Hmmmm

Ok, he fucked up big. But her turning herself into a slut, even if it was only an act, does NOT fix the situation. Neither does having her friends and the bouncer at the club treat him in such a fucked up way. I mean you don't shit in your back yard. Ever. Thats just stupid. Even if it did teach him a lesson, well so what? What happens then? Was she hoping then to live her life with a husband that everyone was laughing at, because of her? I mean I think everyone would be laughing at her too. The characters in this story, especially the wife just pissed me off.

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Good job

Good writing with solid prose. The characters were reasonably developed, and the storyline, even if familiar, is well-handled. The hook was weak, and that's my principal complaint with the tale. While I'm sure that a sale of medical equipment to a hotel chain is breaking news somewhere, it didn't do much for me except make me wade through some dross to get to the story.

<P>

I have one other minor complaint with the authorship. The "surprise" of Andy being Canadian should've been foreshadowed. It's not a big deal but little touches like that help the story unroll smoothly.

<P>

The playout of the story is well-handled. The author shows us that Andy and Kathy have some fundamental problems in their marriage. She's insecure, and he's unable to find a way to reassure her, to address her fears. You can say that her fears were unreasonable but, in fact, they weren't. His infidelity plays directly to her worst fears, and Kathy overreacts. She's suspicious that he's cheated before but her anger clouds her judgment so that Kathy blunders when she goes overboard with her revenge.

<P>

The basic lack of communication between them is exacerbated by Kathy's rage. They aren't talking at all; she's making demands and issuing ultimatums while what he says only makes things worse. Like the children's nursery rhyme, it all falls down. Whether Kathy actually cheated or not is mostly irrelevant. The deliberate disrespect that she shows him and the public humiliation was more than enough to cause them to split. No matter the mad, you don't disrespect your spouse in public if you want the marriage to survive.

<P>

There were no winners here, only casualties. Thank you, jake60, for an entertaining read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Not On This Earth

This is so implausible a thing to happen, there's no way to salvage the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
True

Pride was the reason they broke up, and truth be known that is why most of these marriages end. I don't know why some readers are having a hard time believing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
she fucked up

when she went for revenge as the saying goes two wrongs dont make a right...well if she didnt have an affair to pay him back she fucked up ...by seeking revenge she lost her husband and regardless she will never find that love again ....i feel as if she is more at fault than he ever thought about ...and tiny he needs to have a baseball bat taken to the side of his head ...he was also at fault for breaking up their ma4rriage and that definitely doesnt come under a bouncers job description ...if he had been killed for this his own death would have been his fault ..in this story no one won ...unless it was monique ...ahw got the best man his wife got the left overs

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Well done, excellent ending (again)

Jake,

This is a excellent story with an exceptionally dramatic ending (in certain ways paralleling "Amy Meets Her Muse"). This story could have gone in a number of different directions. I like the one that you picked, and I believe the happenings between Kathy and him were, under the rather complex circumstances, both reasonable and believable.

RAG

NucleusNucleusabout 17 years ago
Not really new

<marquee>Please look at</marquee>

"The Fifth Day" and

"The Fifth Day - Laying the Ghost" by VanCliffe

The Fifth Day: Another Ending

and

"Best Served Cold" by Night Writer (SOL)

but

your modification is not bad

<p>Thank you for good reading</p>

<p><b>Nucleus</b></p>

daluentdaluentabout 17 years ago
Canadian?

I liked this story. When he said he was going north, what the hell is north of Indianapolis? I immediately thought "Canada" Too bad this goofy chick forgot he was Canadian how stupid is that. I think he got very lucky losing a nut like his wife. The mental shit she put him through was unforgivable. Please give us more. Luis

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
A Talent Driven Plausible Story

Each more than fouled their marriage but she closed the coffin unfairly with intended overkill.<P>

Emotions run amuck and people being prideful people under tremendous stress.<P>

Thanks Author - you and the subject of marital consequence are both very appreciated as this was well conceived and delivered.<P>

With Very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
What does Andy's Commission have to do with it?

Is it possible that two otherwise sensible people can mess up their lives so badly? Yes it can happen! What was so unreal to me was the characters themselves. Andy is 30+ old salesman who let his penis do his thinking just when his wife show up. Then we find out that Kathy always suspected him of cheating on her. Perhaps her sudden visit to his hotel when he could not get a hold of her was a test to see if he was cheating. Anyway she blames for not getting home sooner. How did she get back to home so quick in the middle of the night? The fact that she put him in the hospital did not defer her revenge. She allows him to be beaten up twice in order to go through with her revenge. Lastly, Kathy convinces herself that Andy is dead. What? His note did not sound like he was going to kill himself. She had to know he was a Canadian so why didn't she search there? If she believed that he was dead why didn't she contact Andy's family or Canadian friends? Overall, Kathy comes off as a very shallow person._____________________________________

Andy is not any better than Kathy. He runs off scared about being called a cuckold and he refused to settle things with Kathy. What was he going to do just stay married to Kathy in Canada? After making a mess of his marriage he gets involved with someone else and knock her up. Andy despite being touted as this success can not do anything right!

Bottom Line: The marriage was fatally flawed even before the incident. I find myself not caring what happens to these two screwups! Good writing though!_______________________

SleeplessinMD

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalabout 17 years ago
Good enough

Reasonably well written tale detailing the consequences that can plague those who focus more on revenge than resolution. Both husband and wife were flawed enough that their marriage might have come unraveled sometime later over something else.<p>However, I did feel there were a few hiccups. That "Kathy" didn't consult "Andy's" family as to his whereabouts, and that she was unaware of or forgot his Canadian origin just doesn't fly. If his parents had been sworn to secrecy, at least she would have known he was alive. Any investigator worth his salt would have been diligent enough to research "Andy's" birthplace. And I agree with 'Alvaron' that this tidbit regarding his Canadian history should have been mentioned earlier in the story. It's akin to presenting a mystery without providing all the clues.<p>While "Andy" certainly is a cad, he exhibited little reluctance and lots of relish in his carnal adventure with "Brenda," it can be said that it was a private indiscretion. "Kathy" wanted her purported infidelity to be very public. This went way beyond simply getting even. It's unclear to me how she ever would have thought that any return to normalcy after that would have been possible.<p>I agree too with 'Harry' when "Kathy" eventually appears nonplussed with her husband's continually getting his bell rung. Apparently to her revenge was more important than her husband's increasing loss of gray matter. Had he hung around much longer, he probably would have soon been drinking from a "sippy" cup.<p>The story ended as it should have with each losing the other and part of themselves as well. An enjoyable read, Jake.<p>Footnote: The Catholic Church does not recognize divorce. With "Andy" being divorced, they would not have been allowed to marry within the Church . He and his new squeeze would not be allowed to partake of the sacraments of the Church. Only dissolution by annulment is considered acceptable. If "Andy" and "Kathy" were not married before a clergyman, then it's possible an annulment could be obtained.

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 17 years ago
Good story

I liked your story very much. It was a good example of a marriage of a wife who doesn’t trust her husband and has a jealousy streak that needs to be addressed. He was a man who let his love of his wife down by not really meaning it was really a deep love. We all do bad things at times and these two stumbled into the bad together. He started it and she finished it, it being the marriage. Divorce is not the end of the world, it just seems like it to so many people.<p>I must agree him being Canadian would not have been forgotten by the wife. I also believe, being a bouncer for a while when young, both the people, since they are married, would normally be asked to leave. Couple disputes are never tolerated as they never die down in the course of an evening. No bar wants fights to escalate as no one profits from fights.<p>Thank you for you good effort and entertainment.<p>PT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Sad Story of Flawed People

I could tell from early on in the buildup that this would be that rare thing, a Loving Wife story about an unfaithful husband, making the first half of the story into an excruciating wait for the consequences. The tale of the drunken seduction was well-executed, with this reader cringing at the wholly believable idiocy displayed by the husband - inviting a woman to his room, for pity's sake? At this point, he comes across as all dumbass. The wife's timely arrival after being incommunicado all evening just at the climactic moment coupled with her assault and departure, becomes even more interesting after we see her long-term reaction to his infidelity. I still find it interesting that she simply leaves him there, lying on the floor, without the slightest intention of either upbraiding him or getting an explanation.

The wife's apparent strategy for dealing with infidelity, remaining incommunicado until a public confrontation and threats of retaliatory adultery (made in front of witnesses), culminating with a fevered declaration of certainty that he's been unfaithful on every one of his trips and her determination to get even for every one of these hypothetical trysts, paints a truly unpleasant picture. Given all this pressure, it's no wonder that the marriage implodes.

There are lots of character details that deserve comment in this well-crafted piece:

The seductress was fairly well-drawn. She's clearly an egotist who enjoyed "scoring" the husband, but when she was confronted with the cost of her actions, she behaved with admirable honesty and care. She's not a likable character, but she's not too bad, really.

The bouncer is just a little ridiculous. He strikes a nonviolent man (merely trying to end unwanted contact) unconscious, and then puts the same man into a hammerlock for tossing money on the table? The author hints that the entire scene in the bar is an elaborate setup, with the bouncer possibly enlisted as an ally of the wife in publically humiliating the husband, but the guy acts unprofessionally, and possibly even illegally. I agree with the commenter that said that the entire disputing party would be ejected, and told NOT to bring their domestic squabbles back to the bar by a competent staff. So either this is a mistake or something a bit more sinister.

The wife's sister and friend are also key characters here. They keep the husband from talking to the wife, and participate in his public humiliation at the wife's hands. Without their help, it might have been impossible for the wife to carry out her plan to not discuss the marriage with her husband.

The wife herself is hard to figure out. We're led to believe that she started the story as a truly loving wife with a desire to spend quality time with her oft-absent husband. But her reactions paint a picture of a woman desperately trying to rid herself of her man, indifferent to the results of violence, and cruel practically beyond the pale. Most wives, faced with a husband who was concussed, would probably delay any plans to get him to do anything until he was fully healed up. Not this one - she cheerfully allows Tiny to hit him in the head and dump his unconscious body in his car. Wow. He could truly have been moments away from death by hemmorhage, and she LEAVES? Either she never cared for him at all or something has gone wrong for her in this short time span. I think that there are two effects, both hinted at, but never explicit: the friend, and the mention of children. Why is the wife so sure that he's consistent in adultery? Why is she committed to this insane course of behavior? I suspect that the isolation by the friend means that she's listening to the wrong counsellors. I think he knew also full well that she was ready to have children, and his irresponsible behavior enrages her because it fills her life with uncertainty just when she wants security. In her anger and blindness about him, she burns down the marriage. Her later regrets seem truly half-hearted (as do his) when they have their final confrontation. She's not a sympathetic character, nor was she a sensible wife.

The husband, I'm sorry to say, was little better. He behaves like an idiot when far from home, fails to realize that he cannot effect reconciliation without being able to see his wife, and runs like a coward when she pushes him too far. He did manage to realize that the plan was crazy and could only destroy the marriage, but he cannot bring himself to try intervening by finding the wife on day two. I'll grant that the head injuries put him off his game, but I'd rather see him push harder for resolution. And his disappearing act, coupled with his rapid acquisition of a new, pregnant girlfriend, make him into a weak, opportunistic coward. Granted that the wife's stated belief that he was dead was just a horrid - she had no evidence, her attempts to find him were clearly just window dressing, and she too has quickly found a new lover. All in all, a grim warning about how fragile marriage can be, particularly when pride, foolishness, and a desire for blood dominate. Good story.

Sparks373Sparks373about 17 years ago
A Possib;e Emdomg

I feel that when Andy left Kathy and went back to Monique, he told her how Kathy had reacted, and how he had messed up. I think that after Andy and Monique talk for a couple of days, she sees that Andy is still very much in love with Kathy, so when Andy is out of the hotel, she leaves a note and heads for home, saying that she could never be married to a man who was deeply in love with another woman. This paves the way for Andy and Kathy to put their marriage back together again and get on with their lives. Monique has the baby and marries a nice Catholic man who loves both mother and baby.

That is my take, and you are welcome to it.

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 17 years ago
Very good story

First rule of marriage!? Talk it over--communicate!! Things can spiral completely out of control otherwise.. And, that is what happened in this case.. So sad but true.. A complete discussion BEFORE she threatened him with HER infidelity could have kept the marriage alive.. In the long run, with counseling, maybe even stronger.. BUT, they'll never know!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
sorry but

if a part of my wife's punishment was to have me beaten I'm outta there forever. Whats worse is she still let it happen after she KNEW he had a concussion, no she was looking for a way out of the marriage and this was just convenient.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I enjoyed

I enjoyed this story. I found the story to be realistic that it would end in divorce.

zed0zed0over 16 years ago
Best Ever!

I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING! I'm just sorry the miserable prick lived happily ever after, and Kathy was to stupid to actually get a revenge fuck. At least she didn't wimp out and take numb nuts back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I too have to agree with that Harry Jerk

I was going to give this a higher score but Harry got me thinking. What was her plan? Pretend to fuck 13 guys in public... spread it all around town then say "OK Andy you can come home and resume the marriage?"

<br></br>

The wife is insecure and really angry and seemed to be listening to her sister and girfrinds alot. That to a certain point is understandable,.

<br></br>

The Key is the Bouncer Tiny. Beating up a Patron who had done Nothing wrong (In the bar/ nighclub) at that point is just wrong. Was TINY in on the wife's revenge? maybe or maybe not. Either way her reaction to seeming him get beat down ...knowing he was just out of the hosiptal was NUTS.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
well written depressing story

A vey well written story despite the typical sterotypes. Drunken celebration leading to his seduction, get even by acting the part of the slut by wife, total lack of communications between husband and wife first by her refusal to talk to him, then by his departure and diappearace for 17 months.Fine writing ,but the result is a depressing story about the destruction of a marriage.

60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Good story but.....

All the characters seem to go to some pretty "un-realistic" extremes. The plot included "Tiny" who obviously was part of the slut-wife plan, even decent bouncers [without pre-existing brain damage] understand the dynamics of managing a crowd which includes getting rid of both "self-announced" martial couple. The slut-wife got off easy. The stupid husband turned into a wimp and failed to get his self-respect back. Once again, good plot line but it was hard to "respect or even like " any of the characters. Hats off to the author for his "Memories story".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
I hate to say it but the wife is a neurotic idiot!

the guy fucked up no question, he drank but that is not excuse to commit adultry. A person has a responsibility to not drink to a point they can not think and act rationally. The wife played a game, not answering the phone and joining him at the hotel, that was a mistake, she could have at least answered the phone when she knew he would be calling instead of worrying him, she didnt have to reveal the surprise. Brenda was a nice slut, wanted to fuck, and knew who she wanted to fuck. And she did, and went out of her way to take care of him at the hospital and offered to make amends with his wife. She went above and beyond, even calling a few weeks later. He actually has no way of knowing whether the wife fucked the people or not. Her plan for revenge even if she didnt fuck the guys was way overboard. She had already ruined her husbands reputation and was ruining her own, the marriage could not have survived that. His thinking was clouded by guilt, injury and lack of sleep, and emotional distress. He made mistakes. He should have filed for divorce earlier than he did. There is no way the wife would have not mentioned to the PI, and the PI would not have found out that he was from Canada and included that in the search. The wife ruined her marriage, yeah he did a job himself with the adultry, but the terminal damage was done by the wife. She further ruined herself in that she still loved her husband even tho she had a male friend with benefits. A shame she couldnt have been a wife from the getgo and had a child for her husband. Now she really is what she pretended to be in the bar, a common slut.

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Super Tragedy

Like trying to stop a railroad engine with just your shoulder! Good work.

BriteaseBriteaseover 15 years ago
Nice

Having read your latest one, I have been slowly going through your other stories, and liked themall. But this one most so far

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
without a doubt the worst story ever from jake60

There are TWO massive plots holes here. And these plot holes strongly hint that the wife did in fact cheat at least once.

<br></br>

<br></br>

FIRST..as Harry and others have said...even if we all accept how angry and freaked out the wife was... what Exactly was her Plan???.

<br></br>

<br></br>

I will Pretend to fuck lots of other man... tell everyone at the nightclub/ friends and all of "our" friends what I am PRETEND doing... then tell ever my husband I was just kidding. Lets make up!!...

<br></br>

<br></br>

Second the final scene when Andy comes back... and Kathy confesses

<br></br>

<br></br>

<i>You left town a couple of hours before I came to find you. <b>I wanted to tell you the truth, and put an end to your suffering. I realized the second time was too much: I had seen it in your eyes just as Tiny came to throw you out of the bar. I came out to talk to you in the parking lot, but I was a little too late; you were just driving away.</b>

<br></br>

<br></br>

That night I stayed at Tara's, to give you one last night to suffer.</i>

<br></br>

<br></br>

whoa....whoa.... whoa. Back the fuck up bitch. If the wife realized she over did it and wanted to end his suffering WHY then still stay at Tara's 1 more night?

<br></br>

<br></br>

clearly she did NOT want to end his suffering.

<br></br>

<br></br>

Did she ever tell everyone that she did NOT cheat? That he was NOT humiliated.?

<br></br>

<br></br>

<b>If the wife did not want him to suffer anymore and IF the wife realized she over did IT... WHY spend that night at Tara's? </b>

<br></br>

<br></br>

She fucked those other guys.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good Story

I enjoyed this story I usually don't read long stories but I read this one the only thing I didn'y like was the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
good idea

The story plot was a good idea but you made two people look like idiots.In your first chapteryouhad andy making a successful presentation onsaving people lives from then on he was an idiot.read your own stories before posting them it will help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
took revenge too far

she made up her mind, and took the whole thing up a notch too many. there was the desire to make her point and it was made too well, and he left. her staying away, assuming there was no 2d episode of screwing whomever, compounded the problem. he left based on what she did and she felt remorse a bit too late. it was too much and life goes on.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 15 years ago
Sad Story but...

not that uncommon. Well, not specifically, anyway. When some people get hurt they get angry and then in that frame of mind, do something stupid to get back at the other. Making a workable situation into one where there is no way back. At least they didn't have any kids because parents like that will use the kids as weapons against the other when in that state of mind. Well written story. I can't say I enjoyed it because I don't like being sad but the fact that your writing can evoke those emotions means that you succeeded. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good

He was weak but she was cruel. To think if after she had followed him out to the parking lot, instead of spending the night at Tara's, if she had followed him home they could have resolved things. Instead she decided to torture him some more. In the meantime she found someone else to marry and have children with. She got what she deserved. Shows the importance of communication.

Orionman17Orionman17almost 14 years ago
I'm inclined to agree with the comments from acs_1. Good story, but the wife . . .

left me cold. For sure, 2 wrongs don't make a right. And to me, Kathy's wrong was worse than Andy's. Tit for Tat --- Her 13 Tits for his 1 Tat. Ok so she didn't carry it out, but in his mind she did; Andy had no reason to think otherwise. Thank you for a good read.

sexmatesexmatealmost 14 years ago
I guess married couples

don't know how to talk to each other anymore.

Story was pretty implausible. The husband just runs away without ever talking to someone he supposedly loves?

Pretty silly if you think about it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Husband runs away but it was the right thing to do! No sense continuing with another slut.

Yes, the male ran - he was better off for it. She was another frigging slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
He tried his best but to no avail

Hubby did actually attempt to talk to his wife twice but some Tiny bastard got in the way and severely injured him. Wifey just put so many roadblocks to hinder Hubby from communicating with her.

Wifey drove the nail onto the coffin using a jackhammer.

When they get back together, pigs will line up at a nearby Air Force base to enlist in the service.

swimwriterswimwriterover 13 years ago
ok assume she was right

but if she had already planned to get back with him, then why humiliate him publicly, I really tried to think from her point of view, then i though if i am sure he cheated on me and 13 times then i will just divorce him or actually go through with it, but doing publically means yyou dont want to get together again, why would you want ot be with some one you humiliated publically and you yourslef had no respect for. It was both's fault, but wife is one who put end to marriage, if she just had forgive him, he might or might not have doe it again, that was just chance but there was chance but doing what she did she put end to marriage, so he was wrong, but he did what any man would do, and she did what every woman who wants divorce, do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Ironic

and sad, but she was playing childishly with deadly fire. She allowed self-righteousness to blind her, insisting on the altogether fanciful thirteen lapses on his part despite his obviously sincere denials. If she were a grown up, or had grown up friends to advise her, she'd know she'd gone way overboard, way too self-indulgent. And anyhow, she was way too trusting that revenge balances scales when in fact revenge weighs them down doubly (or as she declared with pious certainty, thirteenly). But you do make us feel their pain and the situation's pathos! Very fine work!

bigguy323bigguy323about 13 years ago
One stupid drunken indiscretion does not justify this type of humiliating revenge.

Yep, Andy was an idiot and deserved to suffer. But women are experts at punishment of men.

I do NOT believe she only "pretended" to cheat. I think she did cheat and on top of that she did something HE DID NOT DO. She humiliated him IN PUBLIC.

She was a lying cheating cunt. On the other hand I don't expect she tried very hard to find Andy.

Thank GOD they did not have children.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Epilogue;

No one could recall hearing anything in the neighborhood. No one really missed her. It was only on Tuesday morning, after she failed to appear at her workplace for the second straight day that they found her in her living room; the back half of her head resting in the kitchen amongst the splatter that had been her brains.

Before she had pulled the trigger on her husband's forgotten handgun, she realized that she had really fucked up. Why hadn't she been willing to talk things through with Andy? A mirthless laugh shook her body as she realized that it might have been Andy using this gun only 17 months prior, had he the same fatalistic streak inside himself as she had in her. Still laughing around the barrel of the gun, she never heard it go off.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
The story is not plausible but I rated it 4 stars.

Any PI would have found him with just a simple credit check since his credit in the USA would have to be verified before he could get credit cards in Canada. Also, he would have had to file at least one tax return with the IRS. And, at the very least, he would have parents that he would have contacted.

There are just too many things in the story that are not plausible. However, it is still a nice story and it has a nice ending since both he and his find someone to marry. Therefore, no harm done due to his leaving.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncuck's scoring is meaningless

This same idiot voted 1* on a story because "cops are killers and cowards."

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
More revenge needed on Kathy.

For what she did and how she did it, she is a cruel bitch. Andy screwed up, but not intentionally, She purposely set out to humiliate him and succeeded. In a sequel, Andy would be happy and she would be abjectly miserable for her folly.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHAT DOES ONE WANT,,,,,WHAT DOES ONE EXPECT

UNINTENDED PAY BACKS ARE THE WORST KIND. TK U MLJ LV NV

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesover 12 years ago
Damn man

Sad story but also very plausible some people can be downright vindictive when it comes to revenge even if the hurt was truly caused by a 1 time fuck-up.

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
It's funny

I've noticed a few of the Burn the Bitch crowd have posted on this site, and, suprise suprise, they come out against the wife in this one. The. wife was not the cheater here. Or, if she was, it was in retaliation. But, the woman-haters (BTB is just a cover for many-they aren't so up in arms when the cheater is the guy) show their hypocricy. I liked the idea of the story-and I thought is was well-written. Retribution can lead to the ending of a marriage, even if the retribution is "justified." Pride goeth before the fall and all of that.

I'm still for a revenge fuck if that is what the wronged spouse needs to do to feel better. But, the wife obviously went WAY overboard. In the end, she paid the price for it.

I think the wife's most despicable action was to abandon her husband after he was knocked unconscious by a 300-lbs. body-builder/bouncer; when she knew hubby had been hospitalized for days due to a head injury and he had a concussion. That was cold-blooded. She supposedly loved him (the story doesn't work if she didn't). So, how can she just leave him to the tender mercies of "hopefully he will recover from being knocked unconscious by a gorilla, despite his serious head injury?" That part stuck in my craw a great deal. She didn't bother to EVER check to see if he was ok. Instead, she continued with her vindictive revenge scheme. Didn't she realize that the public perception of her public trists in a small bedroom community to obviously spite her husband would make his living in that town ever again impossible? In the end, the wife's stupidity and apparent lack of concern over her husband's welfare sabotages the underlying premise: she really loves him and wants to stay married to him; but she wants to teach him a lesson. So, a little more thought by the author could have resolved those issues and made the story more believable.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

@ Dear BTTap 1. The majority of the revenge story fans are not woman-haters only cheating wife-haters, for example I prefer such a stories where there is longer epiloge after the revenge and the exhusband finds a newer mate (girlfriend/wife).

2. The majority of the revenge story fans have not double standard and they (+me) think a cheater husband equals to a cheater wife.

3. BTW this sort of story I call consequence story.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

@Dear BTTap look at on SOL A.A. Nemo's last story "Heart Condition". Revenge story without any woman-hate.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Nice one

shit happens....bill

firas01firas01almost 12 years ago
how about e mail???

even if he had thrown his phone away and he doesnt have any known address....couldnt she just email him and tell him the truth instead of assuming that he is dead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I would have put a

bullet into Tiny's head.

carvohicarvohiabout 11 years ago
Andy ruined his marriage

I gave this a five in spite of my preference for happy endings. Andy was a creep, and his wife, though she would have been better served talk to him after her first supposed liaison, had caught him literally with his pants down, and would have been fully justified in divorcing him. Further, Andy's decision to run wasn't in anyone's best interest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Shit happens

It could have been worse. Both were losers,he screwed up and she lost him.but he got on with his life after he cheated. That's the sad part. Jake really knows how to write and is surely missed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
wasted

effort on me to read this wimpy crap. he deserved what he got.

2**

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
another

cheating ruined a marriage. there should never be forgiveness for cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
sucks

perverted

Tim413Tim413almost 11 years ago
A very good story,

but why did he go back to The Corral the second night. What a dumb shit! Why didn't he move to another suburb and keep his good job? The author's note re no sex must have been intended for another story.

JounarJounaralmost 11 years ago

Andy was a total asshole but Kathy was a worthless cunt. After hearing he just got out of hospital due to a head injury she caused, she not only still has to have her little revenge game, but leaves him alone to go back to her game after the bouncer knocks him out and leaves him unconscious in his car.

Hell the bitch pretty much set Andy up for a beating by warning the bouncer ahead of time and it still wasn't enough for her revenge as he just had to carry it on the next day. I don't normally take the cheaters side but hubby is way better off without her

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
voted down some

In this day a man who is not hiding will be found. The first place a PI or the police would look for a missing person would have been his hometown. As Canada is not Burkina Faso he would have been found in a week. Cheap plot device that wrecked a good story.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
Both Deserve What They Got

Two stupid people screwing up their lives

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Any time I read that response, I cringe...

Whenever I read someone say they couldn't help it I wonder about all the millions of men who go to strip joints, get lap dances, and manage to NOT get tossed out because they can't obey the rules...

Granted, you might think it's different because a woman actually TRYING to seduce you is unlikely to tell you no, but if you're married you should already realize you have self-imposed rules - ie marriage vows - so still no realistic excuse...

I don't recall the story saying that she didn't trust him (until she found she might have cause to) but rather that she was insecure... So seeing the man who professes to love her in spite of her less than generous breasts with a woman WITH generous breasts is likely to go a long way to making her short-term unhinged...

But to suddenly go from "I trust you" to "You've been having sex every time we've been apart" just shows bad story idea or a woman who always HAD trust issues and just never knew or expressed them...

I agree that her getting even alone was a bit much but to also do it local made it an order of magnitude worse than what she thought him guilty of... and to not be panicked when a man SHE professes to love who has a minor concussion is knocked unconscious...? Short of an actual doctor telling you there was nothing to worry about, you SHOULD worry...

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Thanks***

For sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

another chapter where andy goes back and tears up the divorce papers

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Another chapter where Kathy discovers her "friend" has knocked her up.

So goes the life of a revengeful bitch.

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 10 years ago
I'm not taking his side

You beat temptation by avoiding it. He shouldn't have danced with Brenda and definitely shouldn't have let her in his room; because, if we're honest; I think most of us would have been all over her too. That being said, what is it about vengeful women? I've pissed my wife off countless times, but almost always unintentionally. Does that matter to her? Hell no! She's going to get even. I can't get it through her thick skull that there's a world of difference between an unintentional slight and a deliberate effort to hurt me in return. As annoying as her tit for tat mentality is; it pales in comparison to what Kathy pulled. Andy's better off without her.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
He totally fucked up -

So did she - even though she felt justified in her actions -

They will both suffer for it - he pretty likely learned from his stupidity - let's hope she did too.

We all need to think before we act - even if we feel justified in our actions they have consequences we may not consider - if we act then think.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

A very sad story. He is largely the blame. Five stars.

If you don't realize a woman asking for a drink in your room means sex, your stupid. If you don't realize there is a remote possibility your wife is pulling your chain, then you must have never read any stories on Literotica. He got what he deserved.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago

To DrBeemer3333 - if you believe that a drink only means that ... wow. What a sad view of woman in general. Especially colleagues.

Bd4554Bd4554about 9 years ago
Great read

This is a terribly sad, but brilliantly crafted, story. I love this author's work. He is among the top handful of writers on this website.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great story

But so sad like was mentioned.

I've had women come on to me but never had a problem turning them down. I'm married to one woman and it'll stay that way. My wife on the other hand, was cheated on and I've listened to her pain. I would wish that on my worst enemy only.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
@Rhomanov

really? They just finished having drinks in a bar. She was laying hints and subtly hitting on him all night. Yes, he should have picked up on it. Very stupid guy. And yes, as a married man, you should never have a woman up to your room for a drink - even a colleague. Not a sad view of woman, just a realistic one about life.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
@Rhomanov

not a view I hold simply because I've read too many Literotica stories (which I do allude to in my initial comment - which has me even more perplexed by your jab - would you not agree that this is a common MO in Literotica stories). I actually have adhered to this practice since the day I married. I would never put myself in a situation that is not above reproach. Shame on hubby. He got what he deserved.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
I Hope She's Miserable!

"I had the option of saying no. It's what I should have done, in spite of how enticing you looked to me." – Unlike so many of the cheating wives here, who try to blame it on the seducer, conveniently forgetting their ability to say, “NO!”

She obviously DIDN'T want the divorce, and if he could/would come back she'd toss Joseph in a heartbeat.

She obviously had a right to be pissed off, but her game-playing doomed them. I'm, for fuck's sake, after Tiny knocked him out the first time that didn't tell her things had gone too far and they needed to TALK?

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
smells fishy

She claimed that he cheated on thirteen trips out of town.

She never answered the phone when he was out of town.

She never answered her cell phone, to the point where he wondered why she had one.

Maybe I'm just an overly suspicious LW reader, but many of her actions point to her cheating on him for a long time.

Was she thinking that she could openly cuckold him now?

Since she had him for real cheating not just what she made up?

Then when he returned she told him a story to cover it up?

checkaho013checkaho013almost 9 years ago
Good

Real Good, Damn Good

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
The bottom line

A sad story with no winners, just pain and recourse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
4*s

Cheater reaps what he sows.

Well written story about consequences. I enjoyed it very much, 4*s.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
die

i would have murdered tiny and his whole family

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 8 years ago
They were both wrong!

That said, she knew he had a concussion, yet set it up for him to take a hit. She couldn't have loved him to leave him in his car right after he got out of the hospital. There was a case not too long ago when something similar happened to a guy. The bouncer knocked him unconscious two days after he had a minor concussion. They left him in his car, but, when they made a check of the parking lot they found him still unconscious and had vomited all over himself. That is a classic sign of a major concussion. He also had blood coming out of his right ear, which is indicative of brain damage. He did get better to a point, but sued the bouncer as well as the club/restaurant. The wife had also only told him she was going to sleep with someone else but didn't do the deed. He spent over four months in hospital and rehab after. The ADA, decided to also levy charges against his wife, even though he didn't want to charge the wife. Since she had set him up and told the bouncer and confided in her friends as to her plans, they charged the friend as well with conspiracy to commit felony assault. The wife and friend only got probation, fourth hours community service and a five thousand dollar fine (the judge and the DA both were divorced due to cheating, one his wife did and the other the husband. In both cases they came out with next to nothing. The only reason the women got off with a light sentence was due to the husband asking for leniency for them. The club paid out in the seven figure range, and the bouncer got a heavy fine as well as well as 3-5 years locked up for using unnecessary force since the husband wasn't intoxicated or violent. The wife stayed with him through everything and they did stay together. That alone was a miracle in and of itself.

I can understand the revenge bit, and I am a BTB mentality however in this story, she accused him of multiple times cheating on her, which as when women do the cheating she perceived as being the case. The trust was gone, yet they failed to communicate after he basically told her what his stance was, he was willing to get over the first one. The second time though, it was too much for him especially in the most public place a small town has even after he made his stance clear. She listened to her friends as opposed to communicating with him. As too the cell being off all the time, to me that sounds very fishy. So maybe she was and maybe she wasn't. Either way, he should have said no to the drink and everything else that followed but he went with the small head. And we all see what the resulting ending came to be.

Just MHO here. Take it or leave it as you like.

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
"i should have just talked to you"? bullshit

Cheating is cheating no amount of fucking some other woman in front of her to celebrate his big win will change th at. Hell the cunt can . Apparently afford to knock up so mm e other slut while he's married and penniless, but couldnt do the same for hiswife.

She should have hust divorced the cunt, hes obviouslt a serial cheat.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 8 years ago
She is a true nut case

If I was him I would go to Canada also. They both got what they deserved. Did she not send her thugs after the other female yet alone talk to her without hurting her ?? Still a sad story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A very good read !

Jake, that was one of the best stories I've read on this site; and I've read a lot of them. Realistic actions and emotions, I don't blame either of them.

BDEarth

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wife's fault

I blame his wife for the break of marriage.

She is a nut case...wanted to sleep with half of the town men for his one mistake...she a born whore... I am also suspect her sleeping a round on him when her phone is always off.. when ever he called her from out station tour...where was she all those times...when she was not home n off her phone..ANSWER... whoring herself out...I don't believe her when she told Andy she didn't sleep with any of her revenge dates...

There's a big difference between what Andy n Kathy did. .Andy's was a mistake...while Kathy did it intentionally to break him... is she seriously thinking that by cuckolded n breaking him her marriage will get back on tract..n b lovy dovy again?? No man will accept that...she just seal n destroyed her own marriage ..

If I were Andy I would have told her after signing the divorce paper.. I would have took her now she is free to FUCK all the men of the towns she wanted to...

And live the life she wanted...whoring herself out.

Good riddance..

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
THE COMMUNICATION JACKPOT

or lack thereof. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Married to a whack-a-doodle like her

leaving the country IS a rational response. Like chewing your leg off to escape from a trap.

Mind you, a civilized "I want a divorce" would be understandable -- he DID cheat on her. But mind games are almost never a good idea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What goes around- Comes around!

She shouldn't have involved other people into her personal business with Andy. Her sister and friends got their cookies off by putting those hare- brained ideas into her head. He's better off with out her. She was a vindictive conniving whore at heart. She was out fucking behind his back when he went on those trips. Those so called dates she went out with had already been in place before she caught Andy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Kind of how we all feel about you aasshole of LIT

no one likes you but Zed and he's you fag lover. Gave this story a 5 to help offset the 1 vote this asshole and his queer boy gave you!!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

A heartbreaker. Still five stars. Still a favorite.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 8 years ago

Andy was pretty stupid, but 'two wrongs doesn't make a right'. That's what he should have said when his wife came with that ultimatum, he should have just suggested a trial separation, or divorce rather than letting his wife ruin their marriage further.

I don't know whether Kathy was just playing a malicious game to punish Andy, or if had sex with other men and lied about it, anyone in Andy's situation would certainly wonder, either way she must be an excellent liar, so I can't fathom why Andy was so quick to believe her story.

Something of a downer ending, both had found someone new, neither of them seemed all that happy.

This story could also use a bit more proofreading, especially on the first page, there were some shoddy paragraphs; incomplete words/wrong tenses.

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 8 years ago
Second read

I stand by my previous comment, however just wanted to ask/add some things. First, she had these investigators looking for him, did they fail to contact his family? Anyone from his past? She was his wife of how many years that she forgot that he was from Canada? A person can disappear these days with a lot of hard work, but had this been real I would doubt very much that she looked hard for him. As for his getting with another woman, yes the true honorable way to act should have been to get a divorce first. That having been said, I can understand his actions. She played mind games, and irregardless of whether she slept with someone else or not, she made him the laughingstock of the entire community. And in a place that small she just left him no choice. This is not to condone what he did. As he said he screwed up the marriage first, but she still felt that he was always a cheater.

She can thank her good friends for all their "great" ideas. She knew he had a concussion yet left him alone in a car after he was knocked out by a bouncer right after he showed her his bandage on the back of his head. That my friends could be termed depraived indifference on her part. She didn't even mention it to tiny either.

Regardless, thanks for the offering.

dissmissdissmissalmost 8 years ago

You need a cool head if it's revenge you're looking for.

No winners here.

A good story .... Tiny was a bit over the top. Not a particularly nice character. Surprised no one has tried to hurt him in some way .....

4* from me

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
lb_says comment

Two wrongs may not might a right but adultery comes with price.

I have always maintained that the scales need to be balanced.

Both need to feel pain of betrayal, or his will come up again in future arguments. Also, he would know for certain the cost in the future. She doesn't even score and he might figure he got away with it once she will forgive him again.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous