Angels of Christmas Ch. 03

Story Info
Christmas Eve revelations; legal problems for Don.
9.2k words
4.84
6.1k
7

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 01/24/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of an ongoing series. The chronological order of my stories is listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racism, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

***

Part 10 - The Guardian of Peace and Love

"What are you waiting for?" shrieked Harry R. Nance, who looked apoplectic with rage, both at the Christmas celebration and that his allegedly 'deputized' thugs were not rushing into the attack. "Shut this shit down!!"

"Hey!" a voice boomed over the speaker system. A child's voice. "Let go of your hate, and join our party!"

Tanya had turned her head and looked over her shoulder at the stage. I'd kept my head looking at the threat in front of us, but did see out of the corner of my eye that little Joy was the one who'd said it. I'd be told later that Joy had all but ripped the microphone out of Teresa's hands to deliver her message of peace and love.

Tanya grinned as she turned back around, and I might've been grinning a bit, too. And then we heard another voice behind us, coming through the wall of GOJMC members.

"Yes." said the Rev, Dr. Joseph E. Williams. "Lay down your weapons and your hatred. Join me and celebrate with us." He was putting his safety on the line to stop the conflict, exhibiting great bravery in doing so.

"I want that!" said a large black man at the front of the line, whose nickname I knew was 'Big Vic', and who was developing a rap sheet of small crimes. "I'm tired of the hate. I want the peace." He dropped the tire iron he'd been carrying and came forward towards the Rev. Williams. I could see a light in the man's eyes, the Light of a man turning to the Christ child. I nodded, and the GOJMC members let him through. "I want to know Jesus." Big Vic said as he and Rev. Williams hugged.

"Come, let's celebrate." said Rev. Williams. Another 20 or so in the group broke off and also came through, hugging the Reverend as they were applauded by the GOJMC members.

"You're all filthy traitors to your race!" yelled Dr. Lionel Carmela, his face red with rage under his unkempt massive black beard. He turned and said "Get them! Especially that kike Troy!"

"Hold on!" growled a voice behind me. It was Sheriff Griswold, who came up and stood between me and Tanya. "Even if you could deputize these people, Nance, which I doubt, that just puts them under my control. I am the supreme law enforcement authority in this County, and they answer to me, not you! And I'm telling you all to stand down, or I'll have all of you arrested."

"Don't listen to that old bastard!" yelled Nance. "You listen to ME!"

"May I join this party, Commander?" I heard a woman's voice say. It was FBI Special Agent Tracy Stone. She had come up and was standing next to me, and her eyes were unwaveringly fixed upon her target: the odious Dr. Lionel Carmela.

"By all means, Ms. Stone." I replied, then tapped my crowbar in my hand as I said loudly: "But be advised... we are not making arrests tonight. Any of these thugs that survive will be taken into the Hospital... for treatment of their hideous injuries."

The combination of Joy's message, several thugs joining us, the Sheriff's words putting Nance's authority and actions into question, and being outnumbered and about to take a massive crowbar beatdown, caused a large number of the red-shirted people to begin peeling off and heading back towards the road. Some of the green-shirted thugs stayed, wanting the fight, but Carmela's aides encircled him and started nudging him away.

"I swear to God I'll have your asses in prison!" yelled Nance, shaking his fist in impotent rage at us.

"You swear to Who?" I fired back. Ripples of laughter coursed through the GOJMC members as Nance retreated in disgust... and the shame of failure.

"Stand down!" I called out. "And thank you for standing with Commander Muscone and me tonight." As we went back into the ring that the bikers maintained, the most very timely music of Mannheim Steamroller's 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen' began playing, and the many hundreds in the audience began dancing to it.

After that, Teresa, having reclaimed her microphone from little Joy, said "They tried to stop us last year, too! But one man stopped them then, and he stopped them again tonight!"

The crowd roared, then Teresa continued: "I happen to know that Commander Don Troy likes this song. So I'm dedicating this to him, with our thanks for him standing up to Evil like he Iron Crowbar he is!"

The crowd roared again, and Teresa began exhibiting her beautiful voice by singing the lyrics of "Do You Hear What I Hear?" And it did remind me of the year before, hearing the notes and seeing the lights of the Town and the stars in the Heavens seeming to blink in time with it...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The rest of the concert progressed smoothly. International rap superstar T-Square sang 'Little Drummer Boy' as Booker T. Washington High School's renowned Drum Corps marched and played in a spectacular display of choreography. Then his sister Paulina Patterson joined him in a rousing rendition of 'God Bless America', followed by the Handicapable Veterans Choir singing 'Battle Hymn of the Republic'.

And it seemed like time had passed in the blink of an eye as the Cancer Kids and Alice came out to perform the Transiberian Orchestra's arrangement of Pachabel's 'Christmas Canon':

This night, we pray
Our lives, will show
This dream, he had
Each child, still knows...

And afterwards, those Cancer Kids that did not do so before rushed up to Alice and participated in another group hug with her.

Next to last was 'O Holy Night' by Teresa, the Cancer Kids, and Alice on violin standing by Teresa. I heard Carole tell Teresa's Aunt Clarissa "This is gonna be awesome sauce!"

And it was. The lights were dimmed and the sparkling points of lights of many smartphones were an amazing accompaniment to Teresa's amazing singing voice as she sang with all her heart and soul.

When she belted out "Fall... on your knees!", Clarissa murmured "Oh my...". And when Teresa hit the high note at the end as she belted out "No-elllll!, I saw a small tear form in Clarissa's eye, who knew she was seeing something special from her niece. She stood and joined the tremendous applause as Teresa and Alice hugged each other tightly, then were encircled by the Cancer Kids for yet more emotional hugging.

"They must be very close friends." Clarissa said.

"They got some bad news today." I said quietly. "That girl... her name is Alice... she came out of remission, and will have to go back into the hospital." Clarissa nodded her head in sad acknowledgement. My mother Phyllis, standing on Clarissa's other side, shook her head sadly, as well.

"Excuse me a moment." I said, and headed to the side, then the back of the stage.

A moment later, the Cancer Kids exited the stage; they were already headed back into the Hospital for some well-earned and much-needed rest. As they came into the lobby, they saw that Your Iron Crowbar was waiting to greet them. I high-fived them as they passed by, answering their one over-arching question by promising to bring Bowser to see them very soon.

Last in line was little Joy. I said to her: "That was a wonderful thing you did tonight, Joy."

"Does this mean I can be a Guardian of Jus-tiss too?" she asked hopefully.

"Joy," I replied, kneeling down to look into her sparkling eyes, "you are something much greater. You are my Guardian of Love and Peace. What you said and did tonight is everything that Christmas and the baby Jesus are all about..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Meanwhile, the final piece of the concert began. Anyone who could stand did so as the Orchestra began playing Handel's 'Hallelujah', following the tradition started by King George II. The choir had gotten larger as the evening had progressed, as church choirs had added their numbers to the ranks.

I had also observed that a number of the older members of the GOJMC had positioned themselves on either side of the Orchestra, near the front of the stage. And at one point they were singing the leading lines as the choirs followed them!

It was a magnificent rendition, and afterwards the audience gave them a huge ovation. A moment afterward, Hospital Administrator Seth Warner and Dr. Laura Fredricson came out on stage and called Teresa to join them. They gave her a bouquet of flowers as they praised her for organizing the event. The choir joined the audience in a huge and sustained round of applause.

As the crowd dispersed and people began leaving, T-Square, the BTWHS Drum Corps and the GOJMC formed up for Police Call. By the time they were done, there was not one speck of trash anywhere on the front lawn of the Hospital.

As Teresa and Laura came up to us, Clarissa Belvedere Esterson took Teresa's hand in both of hers and said "You have a wonderful voice, my dear. And you put this entire event on by yourself?"

"I had a lot of help, Aunt Clarissa." Teresa said. "A lahhht of help."

"Yes, I'm sure you did." Clarissa said. Another small tear formed in her eye as she said "My dear, I'd all but given up hope that the Belvederes would ever again be what they once were, and would be a force for good in this world. But you have restored that hope. Teresa, you are truly the pinnacle of the Belvederes..."

Part 11 - Visiting Angels

Before dawn, Thursday, December 24th. Christmas Eve.

By the time I was dressed and had gone downstairs, Carole was waiting for me, wearing her coat over her GOJ sweater. We got into my Police SUV and drove over the mountain and along Reservoir Road to pick up the Sheriff. Then we drove to the Nextdoor County Highway, which was a faster way to the Cemetery than going back through Town.

At the cemetery, we saw two bouquets of flowers at Amy's grave. We did not stop, but drove over towards Ward Harvester Park. We pulled up to the entrance to the Park, and saw Teresa unlocking the gate.

"I'll stay here with the Commander and Sheriff. You go on ahead." Clarissa said, seeing that we were there, and not having gotten out of the shotgun seat of Teresa's Police SUV.

Teresa nodded, then said "Would you like to come with me, Carole?"

"Yes ma'am. Thank you for inviting me." Carole said, bowing formally. Teresa bowed back, and she and Carole walked together to the statue, put a big towel on the ground, then knelt and bowed in formal Japanese fashion.

"She does this every Christmas Eve?" Clarissa asked me.

"Yes ma'am." I said as I stood next to the rolled-down window of the Police SUV. "Alexis died on Christmas Eve, and Teresa found Amy and Buddy on that day."

"And that is why you are here, Don?" Clarissa asked. "This was the day my niece saved your daughter so heroically."

"Yes ma'am, and I will forever be grateful to Teresa for that." I replied.

"Yes," growled Sheriff Griswold, watching the ritual with us. "But the Iron Crowbar is here for practical reasons, as well. He's here to watch over Teresa. He's got her back. He always takes care of his people."

"Yes, I saw that last night, as well." said Clarissa. "And who has your back, Commander? Who watches the Watcher?"

"My Crowbar Clan, especially my Klingon advisor." I replied, meaning Sheriff Griswold, who beamed as his mustaches twitched. "But above all... my three Angels..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Teresa and Carole knelt and silently looked at the memorial in front of them. Teresa heard Carole exhale, and remembered the teachings of Carole's great-uncle, the founder and great leader of 'The Vision', Dr. P. Harvey Eckhart, to clear her mind and concentrate on her breathing. She began doing the same, and opened her eyes to see an eerie glow behind the statues of the angels.

"Well done, Sister." she thought she heard Alexis's voice say. "As I told you last year, you fulfilled your destiny to learn our secret, and you avenged my death. You have freed me."

"Don't go!" Teresa called out, though the words were only in her head.

"I will always be with you." Alexis said. "But your destiny no longer includes me."

Teresa heard Amy say "You have more to do before this day next year, and I will be there to help you."

"What is that? What will I do?" Teresa said in her head.

Amy said "If you succeed, you will once again assure the continuation of the line of the Iron Crowbars. Until then..."

A sudden silence seemed to befall Teresa, then she began hearing the whistling of the wind. And then Carole's voice cut into her consciousness.

"They're not here anymore." Carole said. "And Alexis has crossed the Stream. She's in Heaven with your mom and dad, and they're all very happy."

Teresa was a bit rattled by Carole's words, but she did not doubt them. "So, what is my next mission? Will I have to save you again?"

"I don't think so." Carole said. "I don't know what it is. But we'll know when we see Amy again."

Moments later, Teresa and Carole bowed to the statues again, then got up and came back over to us. Carole had a happy look on her face, and Teresa had that inscrutable look on her face that I'd seen before.

"Why don't we go back to The Cabin," I suggested, "and I'll cook us up a big breakfast."

"Can I help make pancakes, Daddy?" Carole asked hopefully.

"No," I replied, "not until you earn your Chemistry degree, and can tell the difference between sugar and salt." I then explained to Clarissa how Carole had once made pancakes with salt instead of sugar.

"And I suspect that it was not an accident." Clarissa said, her eyes twinkling as she peered at Carole. My daughter just shrugged and raised her hands palm upwards, causing us adults, including Teresa, to break out laughing...

Part 12 - Truth vs. Propaganda

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Monday, December 28, from near University Avenue, with University Hospital in the distant background. "Commander Donald Troy is once again in huge legal trouble!"

After the hard-charging intro music, Bettina began: "Social justice groups are outraged at the actions of Commander Donald Troy and a racist, White Nationalist militant group that stopped Superior Court Judge Harry R. Nance and his deputized agents of the law from shutting down an illegal Christian concert on State property!"

Bettina: "The Citizens for Secular Atheism issued a statement condemning Donald Troy for abusing his Police power by threatening duly deputized agents of the law that were at the scene to shut down the religious concert on State property. They are demanding that Commander Troy be fired and criminally charged. Neither Commander Troy nor the Town & County Police responded to repeated requests for comment by KXTC."

Bettina: "As you know, last Thursday, December 24th, Superior Court Judge Harry R. Nance issued arrest warrants for Commanders Donald Troy and Tanya Muscone, as well as FBI Special Agent Tracy Stone, for leading the racist, White Nationalist motorcycle gang that physically opposed the deputized agents of the law. He also filed a Contempt of Court charge against the Town & County and Sheriff Antonio Griswold after Sheriff Griswold exercised his legal authority over all Town & County LEOs to order Judge Nance's deputies to stand down."

Bettina: "However, senior Superior Court Judge Patrick R. Folsom almost immediately canceled the warrants and vacated the Contempt order, citing that Judge Nance exceeded his judicial authority by re-issuing a Court Order that had earlier been struck down. Folsom also stated that Judge Nance violated the Separation of Powers clause, saying that Judge Nance was attempting to act as both the Executive and Judicial branches in his actions. Judge Nance has appealed Folsom's actions, but that appeal may not be heard until next year, by which time Judge Nance's term in office will have expired."

Bettina: "But it's not over for the TCPD! Let's go to our trusted reporter on civil rights issues, Carl Lemay. Carl!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said the handsome black reporter, who was on the roof of the building at Riverside and College with City Hall in his background. "As you know, the US DOJ Civil Rights Division has been investigating the TCPD for alleged institutional racist and sexist practices, and they are closely examining the Christmas Concert standoff. Lead investigator Ava Hinds made this statement. Roll tape."

Tape rolled, showing Ava Hinds at a stereotypical lectern of a Government office building, saying "Town & County Sheriff Griswold and Police Commander Donald Troy were leading a known racist, White Nationalist motorcycle gang called the Guardians of Justice Motorcycle Club, which we believe supports sedition and insurrection against local and State governments, and the Federal Government, as well."

Hinds: "The Sheriff and Police Commander were wearing sweaters with the GOJMC logo as they led the gang against what we believe to be a lawful effort to shut down an illegal Christian activity on Government property. We will be investigating if the civil rights of atheist citizens were violated by the insurrectionist actions of the GOJMC and the Town & County Public Safety Department."

Back to Carl Lemay live: "Neither Ms. Hinds's office nor the USDOJ had further comment on the ongoing investigation of the TCPD for previous allegations of racial discrimination and violating the civil rights of peaceful protesters over the last year. Back to you, Bettina."

Back to Bettina live: "Thank you for that important report, Carl. And now let's go to reporter Pat Stellum for an interview with an eyewitness to last Wednesday's confrontation. Pat!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said the 'well-fed' reporter as he came on screen, with University Hospital in the distant background behind him. "I'm here with respected Professor Lionel Carmela, who was at the scene assisting the deputized agents of the law that were confronted by Donald Troy and the racist, White Nationalist motorcycle gang, the Guardians of Justice Motorcycle Club. Thank you for giving us a moment of your time, sir."

"Glad to be with you, Pat." said Carmela.

Stellum: "Sir, should Donald Troy be criminally charged with opposing the lawful and correct attempt to shut down the illegal religious event, despite Judge Folsom canceling the warrant for his arrest at the local level?"

Carmela: "I believe so, Pat, and the Citizens for Secular Atheism are working hard to get warrants at the State or even Federal level to issue arrest warrants for Troy inciting that insurrection on State property. I also want to point out that FBI Agent Tracy Stone was standing next to Troy, assisting him in his insurrection, and I am calling upon the FBI to take strong punitive measures against her for her actions. For a Federal Agent to be supporting and assisting with an insurrection like that is chilling to the very foundation of our Democracy."

Stellum: "And if I may change the subject and ask, do you support the University Ethics Board's decision to table the allegations against Dr. Wellman, and the Trustees's accepting his resignation timetable of May, when the semester ends?"

Carmela: "While I would have preferred the Ethics Board to make a definitive ruling, it's not absolutely needed because Sidney Wellman's reputation is in tatters and he leaves in shame and disgrace, without any honor whatsoever. I also believe the Trustees should force Wellman to step down immediately, as the disrepute he has bestowed upon this University will not be mitigated until he is gone completely."