Angies Preserves Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good morning Skye. How was the week? Did you see anymore of Gus? Did he take you out New Year's Eve?"

The hurt in my eyes must have shown, she stepped behind the desk and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh no. What did you do Skye?"

I broke down crying, she quickly shut the door and motioned me to sit with her on the couch. Holding me softly she let me cry it out. After having gone through a half box of Kleenex I had regained enough composure to speak.

"I screwed it all up. He wanted to take me out for New Years. I was confused, and when he turned to walk away he told me the reason he wasn't going to ask is because he knew I didn't date white guys. My life has been a series of challenges, yet I overcame them all. Why can't I let myself get close to Gus? I really like him."

Being true to her nature she put her hands on my shoulders and held me at arm's length.

"I told you that not thinking white guys were worthy of your scrawny ass was gonna come back and bite you. Didn't I?" I nodded and sniffled some more. "You need to get your shit together girl, and I mean it. I aint talkin to you like you're my boss, I'm talkin to you as your closest friend. Hell, I might be your only friend."

She was right, "You are my only real friend Charli. What should I do?"

She looked at me sternly, "Get your head right and when you do, dig deep inside and have the courage to throw those old feelings of mistrust away. Then the next time you see him find a way to let him know you'd like his attention."

The week went by without fanfare, I didn't see Gus anywhere and wondered if he was avoiding me. It was Wednesday the following week before I encountered him. At of all places, the deli counter once again. I was behind him, he stared straight ahead not knowing I was there. I touched his arm and said softly.

"Hello Gus. Long time no see."

His face wasn't one of anger or discomfort. It was more like confusion as he grinned, "Hello Miss Skye. I've been extremely busy. And how was your New Year's Eve?"

The deli lady slapped the bag of meat on the counter, said, "There ya go Gus." Then yelled "next". As he moved to the side and I moved to the front I asked him to wait for me in the parking lot. He nodded and went about his business. It was at the checkout when I opened my wallet to pay that I noticed the number tag I'd had the first time we stood in the deli line together. The day he'd asked me to share a pizza with him. Walking to my car I noticed that he'd moved his service van next to me, as I got closer he walked to my car and took hold of the door handle.

I grinned and hit the unlock button. When I reached the car he put out his hand for the bag I was carrying and opened my door. With me inside he opened the back door and placed the bag inside. He was about to walk away when I lowered the window.

"Gus. I've had a roast in the slow cooker all day, I'm sure it's falling off the bone tender. Would you like to join me?"

His face looked confused and bewildered. "I'd like that a lot. But are you sure? I've heard what you say about guys like me. I mean white guys."

I tried to compose myself but a trickle of tear still cascaded down my cheek, "I'm sure Gus. I've been a little hasty in my judgement of you, I would like an opportunity to try and reverse it."

His face was stern but not harsh as he answered, "That may apply to both of us miss Skye. Is there anything I can bring?"

I chuckled, "Just an appetite."

He laughed, "I certainly have one of those. Are you sure you want to invite me to dinner? I eat a lot."

I smiled, "I'm sure. Six thirty too late?" He was shaking his head with a grin on his face as I drove away.

I had everything ready to go on the table when the doorbell rang. I had slipped into more comfortable clothes while I waited, a simple house dress with a light sweater. Opening the door was a surprise, standing in front of me was Gus with a small potted plant.

"Ma says it's impolite to show up without something. I hope you like plants."

I waved my hand in a sweeping motion across the room, the windowsills were filled with plants. How did he know?

"Come in, come in. Let me take your coat. Geez it got cold today, it's been a colder winter than normal."

"He guffawed, "Nah. 51 isn't cold. I saw some days when it was zero or colder when I was in the Army. How folks live in that craziness all their lives is beyond me. Man that smells good."

I was clearing the table after dinner, he insisted he was going to help. I thought to myself lets see how domesticated he really is. I was washing and he was drying, it was like we'd been doing that together for years. Moving into the den I asked him to sit with me on the loveseat. It was time to clear the air.

"Gus. I have an apology to make. I judged you by your cousin's behavior and that was wrong. I have to admit I've never met a man like you before, no matter what color their skin was. Your kind, caring, polite and from what I can tell you're loyal. I don't want the following to sound wrong, but I find you to be an unassuming person, a simple man that knows who and what he is. There's nothing about you that seems complicated."

He quickly sat back turning toward me.

"There's a song my sister always plays call Simple Man by Skynrd. AC/DC did it to, but I like the Lynrd Skynrd one better. That's what I try to be, something and somebody I'm satisfied with. Like my sister says, if I like myself, other people will to."

I slapped his arm, "You can't be serious. Holy crap, I love that song and I must admit I thought of it as I watched you working with the backhoe. A simple man. That's amazing."

He looked pensive as if he was searching for words when I figured out what my words probably sounded like.

"No, not simple minded. Please forgive me. Uncomplicated, unassuming, not pretentious or haughty. Help me Gus, I'm trying to dig myself out of this hole my words have created. How about this? You're a man who's confident without being arrogant."

He smiled, "I like that. The hole isn't as deep as it was before. I'll tell ya what will make it even more shallow."

I blinked a few times before uttering, "What? What will make it shallow?"

"If you'll go out with me Friday night. On a date, a real date. And I'm not talking about pizza at Big Al's. I'm talking about a meal at the supper club with both of us dressed up. Then we can go to Edgewood, the Acorn has a band every weekend."

He sat staring at me as he waited for the answer, "I think I would really like that Gus. Just how dressed up should I be?"

"Well, the way you look now is nice. Maybe some nylons or something, and maybe a necklace. Shoot, I don't know. Something that goes with comfortable shoes cuz I love to dance."

I reached over, took his big calloused hand in mine and tried to squeeze. There wasn't really any give, but I held it tight anyway.

"I have a new dress I haven't worn yet, I have some nylons as you call them, and a necklace or two. As for shoes, I'll take a pair of dancing shoes along and change when we get to the Acorn. Be forewarned, I love to boogie and get into the music, be prepared to dance nearly every song they play."

He turned his hand up so mine sat in the palm of his, he held it with such tenderness I nearly didn't know he'd taken mine in his. Lifting it up he kissed the back of my hand and smiled.

"Deal. I don't go to a dance hall to watch. Be careful what you wish for. It's after nine, I should go. I need to hit the rack and I'm sure you have a full day ahead. One more thing. May I have your phone number?"

I let go of his hand, "Let me have your cell, I'll type it in." When I handed it back to him he had a weird look on his face.

"Does that say #28 instead of your name?"

"It does. Hold on a sec."

I got my purse and took the wallet out. Holding the deli tag number I'd saved so he could see it I explained.

"Do you remember when we first met outside a work setting? It was at the deli. My number was 28, I saved that tag to remind me of you. Number 28."

He chuckled, "Number 28, I like that. Can I call you Skye? Will that be alright?"

"I insist. We should call it a night."

At the door he thanked me for a delicious meal and a chance to clear the air between us. I wanted to put my hand at the back of his neck and draw him to my lips but froze. I sensed he wanted to do the same but didn't. We stood with a smile on our faces as we said goodnight. I watched until the taillights were out of sight. Looking at myself in the mirror before lying down I muttered, "This might be the one Skye."

Rummaging through my underwear drawer in the morning I made an executive decision. I was going to take a step toward being sexier for Friday night. I wasn't ready to slip into a thong or transparent undies but I had always wanted to try garters and stockings. Silk ones. When I got to work it was one shit storm after the next, by eleven things were straightened out, I was exhausted. As lunch approached Chantell walked into my office.

"You okay boss? You look flustered. Anything I can do to help?"

I sat back in my chair and put my feet on the edge of the desk. "Boy, it's been a morning that's for sure. How did maintenance not see there was a problem on the assembly line? I need to talk with Slim, we can't be having things like this happen. There is something you can do for me."

"What is it boss? Just lemme know."

I pointed a finger at her in a non-threatening motion, "No laughing. I want you to get a garter belt and silk stockings for me. I wear a size 2, my waist is between 28 and 30. Would you do that for me? Please?"

The smirk on her face was priceless, "Okay girl, spill. A belt and silk stockings? Seam or no seam? Are you sure you don't want me to get some CFM heels as well?"

I was confused, "What are CFM heels? I'm not very good at this stuff, my life has been work for too many years."

She laughed, "Cover your ears girl, CFM. Come fuck me heels. Yes, I'll pick them up, after you tell

me what gives."

I told her about how Gus had come to dinner, that we talked afterward realizing we'd both jumped the gun in how we viewed each other. I was afraid to get close because he was white, he was afraid to get close because of what his cousin had done. I told her he was taking me to dinner and then dancing Friday night.

"I have nylons, but they're panty hose. I want to wear stockings, soft, sexy stockings. You know about that stuff, will you get what you think I need?"

She chuckled, "Do I know what you need? Oh yeah, I know what you need. You need to get laid. I'll get some stockings and a belt. What color you want?"

Another question I had no answer for, "I don't know. What do you suggest?"

"I'll tell you what Rex likes and I'm figuring those two are cut from the same cloth. White. He salivates when I wear all white lingerie. He says the white against my brown skin makes his dick jump, and it does, I've seen it. I never knew a man before him who would get hard just looking at me. White, definitely white. At least to start with."

"Now hold on Chantell. I have no intention of him seeing any of that. This is for me."

She laughed, "Right. For you my ass. He'll be seeing that and more if he's everything you say he is. A word of advice Skye and then I'll go. Just let it happen, he's a gentleman, he won't force you."

With her gone I immersed myself in work. I had Slim come in to discuss the maintenance issues. He confided in me that things had gotten lax over the holidays and they were playing catch up. It was well after two before Chantell returned. I was in the middle of an online meeting and couldn't stop. Just after four she poked her head in the door.

"This a good time boss?"

I nodded as she entered with a bag on her arm. Closing the door she smiled, "You're gonna like this boss. I went a little overboard, but I think you'll like it. I bought some panties and a matching bra to go with the stockings. I guessed your bra size was probably around a 32 B if your waist is 30. Was I close?"

I laughed, "Right on the money. Okay, show me what I'm supposed to be wearing Friday night."

She laid a pair of lace stretch white silk panties on my desk. Then a white garter belt followed by a pair of white silk sheer stockings with a rose pattern woven within. If that wasn't enough to make my mouth drop when she pulled out the sheer white bra I knew I was embarrassed. Between the sheer bikini panties and matching bra absolutely nothing would be left to the imagination. I loved the stockings, absolutely loved them. I'd seen similar on other women and loved the look but never had the courage to buy a pair for myself.

Without realizing my voice was audible I whispered to myself, "Can I really wear this stuff? What if someone sees it? What if I have to go to the hospital, they'll think I'm a slut."

Chantell was tapping a finger on my desk, "I can hear you, I'm standing right here. First, you aren't going to the hospital, second, nobody but you is gonna see it, yet. Third, it will feel wonderful once you have it on. It will wake up the new you within. Take a chance Skye, what do you have to lose."

I raised an eyebrow, "Yet? What's that supposed to mean?"

Walking to the door she stopped and looked over her shoulder, "Do you like this guy? I mean really like him?"

I nodded, "Yes, very much."

"Then he's going to see that stuff and more in the future. I've got a feeling there's a hellcat inside your scrawny little body, once he looses that thing he'd better be ready for you to ride him hard and often."

I threw a pencil at her, "Out, get out. Go do some work."

She was laughing as she walked to her desk. I was just finishing up the day when my phone pinged with a text.

Gus: Hi, how was your day?

Me: It started out dreadful but got better. And yours?

Gus: It was good. Are you in the mood for a burger or something?

Me: Mmm, not tonight. I have some homework to take care of before we meet with a new distributor for Canada. But I'm looking forward to Friday. I even bought some new nylons.

Gus: Your funny, you make me smile. I'll text tomorrow some time if that's okay.

Me: Sure, make it after three. I have no idea how long the meetings will take.

Following an evening meal and research for the meeting the next day I decided to try on the new underwear. I loved the feeling of silk against my skin, soft, delicate, almost sensuous. With everything in place I bravely stood before the full-length mirror. My nipples were not only hardening, they were visible through the sheer material. Then there were the panties, there would be no hiding my dark bush in those panties. Yet somehow, I found it exciting, the belt seemed to frame the valley between my thighs. The stockings were magnificent, they made my legs look alluring, as if to say, "look at me".

Having never owned anything so luxurious regarding underwear I took time to read the instructions on how to care for them. With everything laundered and drying on a rack I slid into bed feeling more like a woman than I had in a very long time. I saw myself as sexy, desirable, someone Gus cared about enough to ask on a date. Skin color and ethnicity make no difference, he likes me just as I am, that's what I've been looking for. Someone who accepts me as me, and if they stir up feelings within all the better.

The next day's meeting went better than anticipated and were over before noon. We took the entourage to lunch and were back at the plant by two. I decided I would text Gus instead of the other way around. There was no answer, I figured he was involved with work and hadn't heard the text tone. Just after four Chantell walked in with a dozen yellow roses in a pretty vase. At my desk she chided.

"An admirer. Sure you didn't send him a pic of you in that lingerie?"

Reaching for the card I shooed her away. The contents melted my heart.

'Sorry I couldn't answer right away. I was elbow deep in someone's sewage. Can I pick you up at six for dinner? Please text or call.'

I quickly texted.

Me: The roses are lovely. How did you know yellow is my favorite color? Yes, six will be fine, see you then.

I was leaving early enough to shower and get ready, walking by Chantell's desk she stopped me.

"You wearing those sexy undies tonight girl?"

I giggled like a schoolgirl. "I am, I feel kind of naughty."

"Oh Skye, you have so much to learn. Wearing sexy lingerie for your guy isn't naughty, letting him finger you under the table at the restaurant waiting for your food to arrive. That's naughty. Especially if he makes you cum and you have to be quiet."

My mouth must have been hanging open, she snapped her fingers. "Earth to Skye. Have fun tonight, and don't be a prude."

After a long bubble bath I donned the sexy underwear and stood before the mirror. Chantell was right, the bright white against my smooth brown skin was a tantalizing contrast. I now understood why Rex liked it so much, and I hoped that if all went well over the next few months Gus would feel the same way. I don't have big boobs, or what they call a juicy ass, whatever that's supposed to be. I have a pretty face but not a lot to go with it, none the less Gus seemed to like it and that was all that mattered to me. I playfully pinched my nipples making them hard and proceeded to finish dressing. I was ready well before Gus was due to arrive, which gave me time to do a once over of how I looked. I smiled and muttered, "I'd do you Skye".

Just then I noticed headlights pulling into the driveway. Gus was at the door in a flash, I was impressed at his attire. He was wearing a suit and tie, the tie being tied in a Windsor knot. This boy might be a plumber and look rough, but it was instantly apparent he knew how to dress for the occasion. Stepping inside he helped with my coat and offered me his arm. I found myself thinking, what was it about being on his arm that made me feel not only secure and protected, but special in some way?

By the time dinner and dessert were finished it was just after eight. The drive to Edgewood took another thirty minutes, when we walked in at 9 the place was already jumping. We no more than checked our coats and my clutch than we were on the floor moving to a fast tune I hadn't heard before. Gus put to rest the old saying that white guys can't dance to save their soul. He had moves I'd never seen and flowed with grace during the semi-slower songs. By the end of that set we needed a drink and rest. I commented I needed to powder my nose, he smiled.

"Yeah, me too. I'll walk with you and wait."

We collected my clutch from the coat check and headed to the rest rooms. As I was getting ready to leave the lady's bathroom the woman in front of me stopped for a second, long enough for me to peer past her. Across the hall from me Gus was leaning against the wall with one shoulder. In front of him was a buxom blonde who I'm sure the carpet didn't match the curtains. I held the door open an inch watching. It was obvious he was being polite without attempting to encourage her, he would give her a half smile or nod his head, all the time looking around for me.

Each time she would try to close the space between them he would step back enough to maintain a respectable distance. When I opened the door he looked at me and smiled as though he'd just won the jackpot. Walking away from said bimbo he stood next to me and took my hand. A thrill surged through my arm, it gave me goosebumps, boy was I glad to be wearing long sleeves. It tickled my innerds as Angie would have said, that the moment he saw me no one else existed. He drank me in with his eyes before taking my hand. I thought to myself, "yes, I could be his."

During the break for the band they had canned music playing, mostly slow stuff since what had been played by the band was mostly fast. Leaving me at the table he returned my clutch, grabbed a beer for him and a club soda for me. We sat in relative silence, both collecting our thoughts, and for me, it was also a time of conjuring a little more courage. I was ready to look beyond his skin color and ethnicity, I was ready to look at his heart. My magic moment came seconds later when an old Foreigner song began to play. I wanna know what love is, a song I absolutely loved and knew by heart. I scooted closer to Gus and took his hand.