All Comments on 'Another Halloween Party'

by dreampilot79

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Godd ol' what's her name!

Good story but I can't quite see a man crying like that!

But the story does bring out the necessity to talk things out with your loved one.

I did kinda wonder if Megan wanted anything important and how 'Susan' found him!

But I enjoyed this story very much!

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
absolutely

loved it. felt his total frustraion. almost wanted to cry. had a feeling tho that there was going to be a happy ending. great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great Story

I loved the irony of the whole situation. Good job.

Boyd

AliyahlovinsexAliyahlovinsexover 18 years ago
hi :)

This was a really great story and one of the first I've read with great writing :D I loved how you described the sex, it was amazing.

elfin_odalisqueelfin_odalisqueover 18 years ago
What's in a name, anyhow?

Lovely story, super writing and great romance. Loved it.

Best of luck, DP!

don87654don87654over 18 years ago
Great

When a dick is in a pussy and shooting its baby batter, who cares what a name is? A name is only needed when the baby becomes a human being at birth.

My Erotic TaleMy Erotic Taleover 18 years ago
another good story

This story is riddled with wit and a humorous situation that leaves the mind untangled from a great write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
nice work!

This is a great story. It's got a couple of minor flaws (course/coarse, e.g.), and I could have done with less of the "hero" crying himself to sleep.

But overall, I liked it, and far better than I expected. (I started out with giving you half-a-page to keep me interested. You succeeded wonderfully.)

-- KVK

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Wonderful

That was a great story made better by the happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very nice

Nicely done ! A wonderful story !

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Really good.

It was great the way to brought the story to a climix. Then let them wonder where you were going. But it more of a girl story. thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Rape is serious business

I cannot accept the heroes(?) lack of sympathy for the real Susan. His attitude sucks big time. Rest of it was very enjoyable tho.

SalamisSalamisover 18 years ago
An edgy romance

What a different and creative kind of romance story. I enjoyed it, but it left me quite uncomfortable. I thought that Tom’s attitude and emotional investment in this woman was almost irrational, so much so that he ignored any semblance of concern for another’s suffering.

He loves this unknown woman but fails to ask her name or number? That aspect of the story was surprising but important to the tension woven around Tom during the remainder of the piece. However, the oversight says loads about the character himself.

I consider myself a romantic so this genre appeals to me. However, I cannot help but wonder if Tom’s single mindedness at the expense of compassion did not have a role in his divorce. Unlike some others, I do not foresee a happy ending for these two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
"Leave a PC, Leave a PC, Leave a PC"....

Happy Samhain... and Happy Halloween... nicely done.

Always, Lizzy

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Couldn't get to grips with Tom

Sorry, this one didn't work for me. As I think another reader pointed out, Tom's obsession with this blind date is, in addition to being very sudden and thus hard to accept as sincere, unsettling and ultimately offputting as he repeatedly dismissess Susan's rape as insignificant. I could not manage the transition from having her pass him in the hall screaming and crying, with Tom assuming that she was just raped, to him shrugging it off and immediately proceeding to a carefree necking in the car. The process of looking for the blind date after the party was quite drawn out and felt repetitive, especially given that this was clearly coming from the beginning of the story. A tighter conclusion would have helped a bit, but I'm not sure that there was much that could make me care for the two leads given their rootless obsession with each other and their callous disregard for the world around them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Whatever

Happened to strong men. Weeping over a one night stand seems a little irrational. Well written, but I'm sorry, I think I'd be more concerned over a rape than I would over a single night in the sack with some woman...sorry...

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101over 18 years ago
Excellent Romance

Excellent romance, even though Tom would have been more concerned about finding the rapist of the real Susan. There was a certain amount of hyperbole here.

I also can't helping thinking that sometime in the time you were together, one of you would have called the other by name or mentioned Megan, or whoever had set up the other Susan, and that would have led to you finding out the error. Also, Tom would have gotten the phone number, rather than depending on Megan to have it, and having to call her the next day. That would have been "the guy thing" to do, much like not asking directions.

Those werer minor quibbles, though. I really enjoyed the story, including the sex, even though there was no oral, at least not described.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
WTF?

I know it's already been said below, but what the fuck?? The man sees a woman obviously traumatized, assumes she was raped, so shrugs it off to go fuck? And then feels sorry for the rapist because pissed off women are bitchy? And is enfuriated that the woman's friend is more concerned with finding a rapist than finding the chick he fucked? Talk about giving men a bad name! I wanted to beat the shit out of the asshole.

That has got to be the most insensitive, offensive, egocentric story I've ever seen tried to be classified as a "romance".

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Perfect!

Too bad basic 3rd grade reading comprehension seems to have eluded several of your readers. Ah, the irony of those being the very ones to point out your "errors". ;op

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great Story

Enjoyed this. Super story.

playingcardcompany

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinover 18 years ago
Good work

What I liked most was your imaginative reworking of the oft used Halloween Party device to launch the story. Good luck.

Rumple

thebulletthebulletover 18 years ago
Sorry, it just didn't work for me

The story would have been okay. But the protagonist's total indifference to the rape and his constant whining just wore me down.

I ended up wishing he never found his dream girl. I just wanted him to shut the fuck up.

cookiejarcookiejarover 18 years ago
Good work...

I must admit his single-minded attitude was a little disconcerting but basically the story was fine. Good luck!

Cookie :)

Selena_KittSelena_Kittover 18 years ago
Confused?

I kept thinking that Susan must be a ghost or something, and he must be possessed somehow by her, which is why he was so obsessed with finding her and so unconcerned about the other woman? Not sure what exactly you were going for with this one, but it didn't turn out anything like I expected. Great writing, though, and I enjoyed the "tracker" line! :)

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
well done

I enjoyed it - a sweet, romantic story. Good work.

Black TulipBlack Tulipover 18 years ago
Of course

this is unrealistic. It is, after all a S.T.O.R.Y!

I liked it a lot, especially his singlemindedness. Maybe I'm a sick bitch, but I could relate to that. LOL

Good luck.

Black Tulip

Honey123Honey123over 18 years ago
Your story

was well written. I have been hearing all the BS going on about the "story" within the story and I have to say that even though it made some readers unrealistically angry at you ~ I have to agree with BT...it's a story!

You did what all writers want ~ you made people FEEL.

~Honey

English LadyEnglish Ladyover 18 years ago
Keep it up DP!

You're a good'un love. keep on writing!

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
While I loved the romance

the extended search seemed contrived. The real Susan had been raped. The hosts of the party, Megan, and Susan should have reported it as soon as they spoke to Tom. The Police would have found the unknown phone numbers and the perpetrator. And as a side benefit, Genie would also have been located and identified.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
???

what kind of girl jumps in bed after meeting someone after just a few minutes??? what kind of guy would allow that?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Garbage

What a waste of 10 minutes... hes pissed she cares more about the woman who was raped than his “lost love”? What an asshat.

This should be in erotic couplings... its not a romance at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Nice

Erotic Couplings story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous