All Comments on 'Another Love: Fallout'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 409 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
l liked

The original story but I like this ending better. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I've read different sequels to this story

But I've never been able to understand why he would want Avril, after everything that happened. In this telling, she's pretty much just as awful as Phillipe. ie.,she and Phillipe got to make decisions about their open marriage but the partners of their partners don't seem to have been asked whether they wanted open marriages of their own.

She also may not have known that the divorce total was six she was certainly aware that she and Phillipe had killed some marriages. Doesn't seem to have bothered her a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Can't you write your own fucking stories?

This has been done to death and you aren't half good enough at writing to try this.

woodwardwoodwardabout 4 years ago

Finally, he showed some guts. Couldn't stand the original story but hoped you BTB.

sdc97230sdc97230about 4 years ago
It was going fine until the last page

Rob ending up with Avril was like one of those cheesy bodice ripper romance novels where the innocent virginal heroine ends up falling for one of the gangsters who kidnapped and raped her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
selfish slut gets cancer and dies while incels masturbate furiously

But of course the hero gets to keep his security clearance after the pinko copied his engine plans, thanks Obama!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Best of the sequels

Liked that Rob kept his balls. Karen actually found a soul at the end. Forgiving Karen was right thing to do. Not for her, but for him.

OK with him banging Avril, but not too keen on proposing to her. She doesn't deserve it. I think a great ST ending would be Rob somehow finding a way to get Lisa switching to Team Rob and then send Avril packing. But that wouldn't be Rob's nature. Maybe make Lisa number one and keep Avril in the fold in case Lisa needs some carpet to munch?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

You did all of the right things.It's time to live, love and be loved!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Must be a joke

I think you wrote this as a joke. Is this correct?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So the cuck forgave the cheating whore

and saddles his ass with a second cheating whore?

cucks get one star

Unless there is a sequel in which he finds his balls, and throws a family reunion and murders all the duplicitous liars who facilitated the dead whores cheating

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Meh

Minor changes from RG's. At least the others went a different route.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
3 stars

Really, this story is one that I cannot get my head around. You write very well, and you do try to capture the feelings and emotions of the characters in the story. I simply cannot fathom the ideas and emotions that would lead Karen to do this to her husband. I see selfish motives everywhere. It is the content of the story that gets the three stars, not your writing. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
as limp as a wet dishrag

This ending is even worse... to live with the constant reminder instead of a clear break... makes no sense at all. 1 *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Frustrating to read

I keep reading sequels on this story just hoping one would actually be based on how any sane person would react to this situation. But no, this is more of the same crap as the original. Yeah, it showed that the slut had some sort of remorse but her and her family still didnt feel like they did anything wrong. I just want a sequel where he burns the her, the lovers wife, the lovers family and his stupid ass kids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
From the pot to the fire he goes

Can't imagine being civil to her, never mind marriage. Why would you get involved with a self confessed cheater, who was an active participant in the destruction of your marriage. The morals he exclaimed that where so important to him, he just chucked, for what? A piece of tail. Sorry, just not buying what your selling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
good alternative but Avril doesn't add up...

His "wife"dies and suddenly Avril is divested of all guilt? Nothing like remarrying the problem that almost killed you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not sure of story arc

Nicely written. A bit stereotypical in some of the dialogue but you were constrained by original story, characters, etc. Not sure about your ending, though. Just does not seem to fit with your protagonist.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 4 years ago
Liked this even though I thought not Another love.....again

I like many have always liked the original story and some of, but not all, of the sequels and variations. I had thought it had been done to death to be honest but (and yes I'm a ST fan) I really did enjoy this one. Thank you ST.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well written

I liked it up to the end. Too easy to end up with Avril.

YouamiYouamiabout 4 years ago
A creditable alternative take on a classic tale!

saddletramp1956

I always worry when I read attempts to extend and/or provide an alternative ending to a classic tale. As far as classics go, RG is truly a master storyteller. But I read your take on the saga of betrayal and was pleasantly surprised. You did well, my friend. I can't wait to read your next contribution.

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 4 years ago
An impossible ending

Nice try, but there is no redemption for Avril or Karen.

He should have had another (fatal) heart attack while Karen and Avril were still tormenting him. No way should he have anything to do with Avril.

The councilor should have banned them after his first session. He should have instructed the hospital/attorneys that neither ladies were to have anything to do with him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
oh damn

Really? He hooks up with Avril? Oh ST it was so good up to that part. I am not always a huge revenge fan but I would have preferred he either didn't show up at her death bed or when he did I just looked her in the eye and said die bitch and go to hell.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Stinks

This story line was lame . It never needed sequels. The.plot was shit grade .you better then this .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Avril really

The woman she cheated with up till the divorce was final.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 4 years ago

Avril? That's an unexpected twist. Very entertaining alternate outcome. Thanks. I enjoyed your reinterpretation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A good take on a good story .......

...... except for the ending .

Really don't see how he could accept Avril , intimately into his life .

What happened to his shame and anger over this huge betrayal ? After all , like her late husband , Avril too was a serial cheater .

Seems to me that Karen dies and everyone else the enjoys a happy ever after .

Avril needed to feel pain going forward for her part in being complicit in Karen's betrayal .

His sons need to understand they were manipulated by a devious mother .

This was a good read though , nice dialogue throughout . Just needed , for me at least , a more vigorous ending ........ cheaters like these should never prosper .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Personal opinion. I just can't see him getting together with Avril. I think that woman would be a constant reminder of everything that went wrong with his marriage

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
No

You were going well until you had the spineless wimp accept the gigolo's widow into his life. She was, after his wife and the gigolo, the person most directly responsible for all the betrayal and lies. She had shown by her actions, that she wasn't any better than the slut or the painter, so why would any men accept her, and worse, propose marriage to her in the end?

It makes as little sense as the original third part of this sorry tale. The MC is not real, he is too much damaged, too spineless, too much of a wimp, to be relatable to.

It might be the version more faithful to the original, but because of that it is almost as disgusting.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 4 years ago
One well deserved star.

Another story where the cuck gets the girl, the gold watch and everything. Another story where the wife says that she loves her husband more then life itself, with all her heart....but...she lives another guy. Or his cock. Or whatever. Another story where everyone supports the cuck and everyone hates the adulterous wife. Another story where she is dying of some disease and with her dying breath proclaims her undying love to the husband she cheated on. Blah. Blah. Fucking blah!

ranec1ranec1about 4 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

penneydog55penneydog55about 4 years ago
Wowee!

He B.T.B. but inherited the Slut.?..That's how I see it.

Fantastic Story 5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Sorry for my English, but you are one of the authors I love, but being frank it is difficult to see a man like him being in the hospital openly accepting the case of his wife and Avril, Karren never stopped betraying him.

Without understanding the American laws, the moment he is informed of the investigation into the possibility of a leak of a state secret, he would request a divorce and request an investigation if his wife conspired against the country.

After all, I doubt that, being a rational person, I would not prefer to save what remains of me, which is her job and her team; who were the only ones loyal to him.

Conclusion: I really liked the story, but I still believe there are other possibilities for the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Always a good writer but i dont know why people insist on trying to add to the original

It was good but Karen is a nut job and quite frankly Avril is too. You arent the first person to thrust her with Rob in the end. Why? She is as much a whore as Karen and she was still having sex with Karen up to the divorce. Why would Rob want to be with her? He talks about being emasculated but he is essentially giving them a pass by shacking up with the bitch.

Well writen but no ending feels satisfying unless Rob gets the hell away from all of them, his two shit head sons included.

bioman57bioman57about 4 years ago
Hummm

He is going to marry the woman that empowered his x wife to cheat. And as a second point she cheated on her husband, plus she is on the watch list for the US Government. So he has no more clearance of any type..And any project he has worked on will place him in the cross hairs.. Seems that he is afraid of being alone and rather than find someone to love he wants to gamble on another slut.. Final page did it for me. Well written but I gave it a 1 *..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Terrible ending

The ending was abominable and ruined a story that was more realistic than the original. I do not believe that Rob would have married Avril and accepted the Du Monte family as part of his life. The story was well written and had no distracting grammatical errors. Because of the ending, I give it a 2. The rest of the story deserved a 4.

tangoperutangoperuabout 4 years ago
Why would you trust in her accomplice?

Avril cuckolded him, too. And all of them turned his children against him -children who never apologized, not even once- so, why would he wanted to rebuild his life with that woman?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
You missed a cliche

Took a cuck story and failed to improve it. 0 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nothing new here

All this was was a mishmash of all other stories written about Richard Gerald's Another Love.

And the worst part of it all is why would he get together with the wife of the man who stole his life? Not good at all and totally unrealistic. She repeatedly said she loved him. How? She didn't know him well enough to love him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
NO!

I had a cheating wife of 20 years. She was quite secure in telling me and suggested we share the home, living in separate areas, and she would be discrete while having a ‘friend’ over for the night.

After my NO, HELL NO she moved out leaving me depressed for months. BUT, she never came back to stay. My daughter and I lived with the trauma and destruction that haunts us 20 years late.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

"In the original story, Rob is somewhat of a shy, introverted man who mostly keeps his feelings to himself. He also suffers from high blood pressure." - The first half of that statement doesn't fit with my recollection. I remember him being a real "take charge" guy, which is what made his rolling over in the 3rd and 4th parts so hard to take.

"I say" "He comes" - Please don't use present tense.

"We can get past this" - "We." Yeah, it's easy for HER to get past it. Nothing happened to her, SHE had a good time!

"I'll die without you." - They always say that, but they never do!

Why were they worried about the fire? Hadn't he effectively destroyed the painting with the shotgun? Burning it was more symbolic than anything.

"As I looked, it seemed as if everyone knew that my cheating had put my husband in the hospital." - Must be a guilty conscience, he hadn't even spoken to the doctor yet, certainly nothing specific even when he did.

"Maybe a counselor could help Rob get over his hurt feelings." - "Hurt feelings?" Hurt feelings are when you're not invited to the big party, not when your wife has had a years long affair.

"For the first time, I truly began to realize what my affair with Phillipe had done to him and I felt horrible." - This is another one that always gets me. Don't they ever think about what it would do to them if things were reversed?

"I truly felt lucky to have her in my life at that moment." - Maybe, but she serves as a constant reminder of your betrayal. Any remote chance of reconciliation is going to require a TOTAL banishment of Avril.

"Phillipe is dead, after all." - What if he WASN'T dead? Would she continue seeing him?

"How can I forgive someone who thinks she's a pure as the wind-driven snow?" - He doesn't know it, but she's already admitted that she'd do it all over again!

The security risk is a silly addition. He can hardly be blackmailed about the affair!

I don't understand the big deal about losing their jobs. Aren't they getting their full pay anyway?

"I had always hoped all three of us could be together," - What about Avril?

"I never meant to." - They never MEAN to hurt, but do things that they HAVE to know will hurt, that would certainly hurt them.

I know his relationship with the boys is strained, but they've never visited since his heart attack?

If she's getting the house, why is she getting half of the cash? Her share of the cash should be reduced by half the value of the house.

Why are they always asked to "put their pride aside," as if having pride is a bad thing?

If I were his sons' partners, I'd be concerned about their casual attitude towards fidelity.

I could NEVER forgive her, but any CHANCE would be a believable admission that what she did was wrong.

There's NO WAY that Karen can be hurting as much as him, because she wasn't hurt as much as him.

"Karen often said she never wanted to hurt you." - That's NOT the same as having any concern about him.

He should have taken them up on the offer of a threesome, then still walked away.

How wonderful that now when she's dying she realizes she was wrong. Too little, too late.

Sorry, lost a star when he got together with Avril and her family. I might have given her a couple of rolls in the hey, then sent her on her way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
zzzzzz

This story has been done to death and, to be honest, it sucked to begin with.

Nobody has a 20-year relationship that their spouse doesn't know about. And no man would want to have anything to with either Karen or Avril.

Score: 1

Because you really didn't have to do this and the result was pretty much a rehash of others' work.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 4 years ago
Such a Long Diatribe to Not Further the Story One Iota

His wife does not display ANY regret until cancer is whipped up on the page, presumably just to weasel out of the story. Just a waste of time to read.

tejmjm55tejmjm55about 4 years ago
balance

I read the original story and was left thinking ,I would have told the family I would have burned his studio to the ground . You just burned the one photo after using it for target pracby tatice .You surprised me me by taking up with Avril. Real good job.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyabout 4 years ago
Like ST1956...

...I enjoyed the original story. ST1956’s conclusion is exceptional. Bravo. 5*.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago

Karen didn't deserve forgiveness after her appalling betrayal. She did deserve an agonising death from cancer though, so that was a nice improvement on the original.

JackallsJackallsabout 4 years ago
Stick

To your OWN stories. They’re better than warmed up stories from others.

rnebularrnebularabout 4 years ago
Mixed feelings but good

Of all the alternate endings to this story, I think this in probably the best so far. The end of part 2 by RG left the MC painted into a corner, and the situation was at best completely fucked up. I still sit and think "How would I feel" in that situation?

I think this ending had the most credibility of what's been published, although I kinda had to stretch to get there at the very end. His involvement with Avril and her family was a bit hard to accept, but I also can see that over time emotions can change.

Thanks for sharing ST.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
swinger wife becomes widow, marries amazing catch of a man

amazing one-woman man marries swinger slut, i'm not sure how that translates well for him.

I loved your version of the story Saddle, this is just a VERY long rant about my feelings on him ending up with avril. A good story makes me rant sometimes. Because the husband IS the sort of man that would settle for less than he's worth, so you stayed true to his character.

i wont begrudge him some easy experienced french woman. i do wonder WHY he'd care about teaching a slut how to be loyal. she's already lost any pair bonding ability. it's not something that heals like cuts and abrasions. a person can only have a finite amount of partners before their ability to pair-bond is destroyed.

i mean, she CAN be loyal. she's already old and barren. she's already tasted every cock out there. her self esteem is in the toilet, and she can choose him or a life of lonely hook-ups with older men. she'll choose him because there's no good options besides him. HE on the other hand is a dashing older and successful guy. he can afford to pick a younger woman with less experience. he can actually pair-bond with someone else. it varies from person to person, but 4-10 people is probably where it maxes out. and i noticed as a guy, where pair bonding isn't even needed, i'm pretty much only staying with women for logical reasons. i enjoy them, but pussy is pussy for me. After i'v fucked 6 women into my life. i was pretty much garbage at romance by the age of 24. i can still charm women, show loving gestures, fuck with passion, and i can honestly enjoy their company. but the idea of being upset or elated over one specific woman died completely by then. hell' i'll go on a limb and say by partner 3 as a teenager my capacity to pair bond was down over 50%. and women are apparently even more sensitive to this phenomenon than guys are.

remember, this avril slut is loyal because she's a much older woman. not out of love. The word love got tossed around a lot here. but love was the main thing lacking in this whole story. the slut karren went from the husband being her everything to a mere 5th place after cheating on just one man and woman. he never left her, and she still demoted him by huge gaps. we're not even talking about a NEW man in her life. that's just how critical pair bonding is. it's super fragile. but the husband has only had sex with two women, he can have a whirlwind love with a 25 year old woman that's smart. i mean, he can really upgrade. he doesn't have to settle for retired porn star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Ugh. Why on earth would he get together with Avril? Wouldn't she forever be a reminder of the enormous betrayal?

And perhaps someone can explain how and why Avril fell for Rob. All Rob did since she came to Albany is (quite justifiably) insult and reject her and Karen. What about that behaviour would make her swoon for Rob?

As always, the retribution is never severe enough for Karen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not your best

I usually like your style of writing, however this load of trash doesn’t measure up. Really disappointed.

LesM

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 4 years ago
Nope

Avril was complicit in the affair. She showed him disrespect after he found out the truth. She is a communist. There are lots of attractive women out there, Avril was ugly inside. Good story until he took up with that French whore. Dropped the story score as it made Rob look very weak.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
The original can't be fixed

The MC in this version is still the typical cliche of an LW Soy Boy. Such angst; such ambivalence; such indecision; and, ultimately, such lack of character (marrying Avril? Really?). This ending does comport with Gerald's characters, but the fundamental problem is that the warrior is portrayed as too much of a pussy to be credible. Any normal man would go medieval on the cunt wife and the entire DuMonte clan given the opportunity. Shooting up the portrait was a nice touch, but it was about the only evidence of spine that the character showed. Decent job of writing given a terribly non-credible character to begin with.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I know this is your universe, but even so .....

This just is too unlikely, his wife would not even attempt to pretend that what she had done was excusable and he would not have anything to do with April. It's all just too unreal !

saddletramp1956saddletramp1956about 4 years agoAuthor
I'm not one

To comment on my own stories, but I'm going to make an exception in this case.

My desire was to remain as true to the original characters as possible while providing an alternate ending. I could very easily have had Rob utterly destroy them all, and I considered it, but I thought that would be way out of character for him.

I also wanted him to have a happy resolution.

I realize there's always a risk in a project like this. Sometimes you get the bear. Sometimes the bear gets you. I get that. Oh well...

As the French might say, c'est la vie.

statestreetstatestreetabout 4 years ago
Good story, but....

Mr. Saddletramp1956,

Thank you for your story. I read the original and the premise disturbed me. Then I read earlier follow-ups and none of them were satisfactory to me. Yours was the best, until I got to page 5. Rob seemed to do his best to purge Karen and Avril and his 2 sons from his life. The shooting and burning of the painting was most satisfying and his having Karen served with divorce papers at the Canadian Thanksgiving Day family dinner was excellent. Yet on page 5 Rob learns Karen has advanced terminal cancer with a very short life expectancy and he rushes back to Albany to be by her side. She finally apologizes for her behavior, 20+ years too late, but she did. Rob and Karen's 2 sons and Avril worm their way into his life again and he moves back to his former house, asks Avril to be his partner and appears to accepts his sons back into his life. Why the 180? Had he decided life was better with the people and places that had demeaned him and hurt him so? Avril had had plenty of lovers outside her marriage to Philippe, including the late Karen. His sons saw how that family lived and who's to say they won't cheat on their significant others thinking it was perfectly alright to do so? To me it makes no sense. But, as you point out, the story and characters are part of your universe, so while I don't like or understand your ending, I accept it. Just please, no additional follow-ups to this tale! 4 *s

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013about 4 years ago
Very unsatisfactory.

He managed to be a cuckold twice over - three times when his new wife takes her first lover, and she will.

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveabout 4 years ago
Pre-Nup

He absolutely needs a Pre-nup.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 4 years ago
F14

Could not reach mach 2. Pointless speed anyway as you could not fire missiles.

The original was horrendous.

There was no way to raise it above 1 star.

TajfaTajfaabout 4 years ago

Such a sad but good conclusion to this story. However, how any normal person could think what she did was okay is beyond me. Also hooking up with her partner in crime wasn't believable. Still, I loved this and the death scene was emotional. Despite above comments still a 5 star ending. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Will continue to read your stories

because I really like your writing but this story didn't do it for me. There was no true remorse for the act, only being caught by Karen. The sons never did show any remorse or feeling that anything wrong had happened. Pretty quick and unexplained romance with Avril so there was no time to develop any positive feelings towards her so still feel negative towards her and her family. I enjoy both BTB and RAAC when they're well written but when I finished this it really felt more like a cuck story. Sorry. It just didn't feel good. Keep writing though. You're fun to read.

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnateabout 4 years ago
Just Seeing the Title Has Me Reaching for the Antacids

First of all, I think what you did here was pretty remarkable. You stepped out of the style you write in for your own stories (The Uni-tramp? Saddleverse? Earth-1956?) and, for the most part, put on the style of RG from the original. It wasn't a perfect impersonation, but then again, it couldn't be if you were to end it differently than the original. But the effort to adopt a different style and the vision you had here is admirable to say the least. Well done.

After I read the original, and many of the reboots, I though that this may be an impossible story to write an ending to. Well, a good ending to. That's not a slap at any of the authors of the stories in this particular plot line. But, RG dug such deep holes for these characters that getting them out and into something resembling a satisfying ending was the Gordian Knot for Literotica that's been awaiting its Alexander. I'm still not 100% there, but for me this was pretty satisfying.

My problems come with so many loose ends in the forms of the different characters. There's so many people who betrayed Rob that getting them all addressed is suited for those with extreme OCD. For example, I always felt that the sons got off light, and while it was noted that Karen had used them to keep her secret, she was never really called out for how different Rob's relationship with them could've been. As a parent, the betrayal of turning my kids against me would be worse than the slut's decades-long affair.

She effectively taught her sons that she didn't respect Rob, and that lying to him was OK, so what were the boys to do when they grew up? And, by the time the action in the story rolls around, the sons are men, and capable of knowing right from wrong. In not a single one of these stories have they ever said "sorry" to their father, let alone taken any kind of responsibility for the damage they caused to Rob from their own disrespect, when they damn well should've known better. Honestly, they're both pretty despicable.

The Avril in the original was the epitome of the self-absorbed, pompous aesthete. My comments in the original noted the "quiet desperation of the 50-year old woman who wears leather pants". Avril here starts out that way, mostly as a cipher who defends Karen. But later she "loves" Rob. That was a pretty drastic transition to make, and one of the spots here that I think needed more filling. RG did a credible job with developing the Rob-Avril relationship. Not that I bought it then either, but there was a bit more meat on those bones.

Finally, there's Karen. Karen the cunt. Karen, who I named as one of the three most loathsome woman characters on this site. Congratulations. You broke the edges on her so that I saw her as something more than an accumulation of every Loving Wife cliche that this site has produced. You finally made her lose things which were precious to her - the painting, her marriage and finally her life. Only through loss would someone as selfish as her begin to realize what she had done to Rob. And that's one of the reasons this story is so tough to properly end. The hole dug for her was so deep, that she had to die in a painful and pathetic way to get out of it. The way this plot was set up, Karen would have to suffer beyond what Job did in the Bible to finally get her out of her selfish awful mindset. Such was the poison put in by Philippe.

I saw a lot of borrowed pieces in here. Nothing too egregious, but a nice tip of the cap to those that came before. I like the destruction of the painting. Maybe if Rob's cats could've pissed on it as well? And call me petty, but I would've liked to have Rob walk out of the house on Thanksgiving after announcing that he had put his dick in the mashed potatoes and wishing them all Bon Appétit. It would give Nana Aimie something to whine about.

Nice work with tough subject matter, and taking on a story guaranteed to bring out the 1* brigade. I have more to write, but I'll stop. This story really gets the agita going and the writing distracts me long enough to get the reflux medicine working.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
April loves him?!?

As a French Canadian, shouldn't it be Avril?

I think I am missing something from the story. April claims to love him, but as far as I can tell, she has only spent a couple of hours with him, all of it traumatic. At what point did she have the chance to fall in love with him? I would think being in the same room as her would give him a heart attack. I also had trouble understanding why he didn't block them from his hospital room. They seemed to be doing their best to finish the job on him with more stress.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 4 years ago
Nice touch with the shotgun...

That was the high point of the sequel. I am not sure that marrying Avril is credible - seems to me that she would be more likely to seek out one of her former lovers.

kiteareskitearesabout 4 years ago
4 Pages...

With him driving off to Cincinnati would have just about been ok. That 5th page destroyed everything you wrote. I read your note about trying to stay true, but you didn't by pushing him down the route that you did. The original Rob, I guess ended up in a triple with the 2 sluts.

I do not get how he even tolerated Avril's presence, she was fully complicit with the affair and showed no understanding of the pain that had been caused. She was directly the cause of loss of jobs for Lisa and the others. I would not have allowed her in my house to start and my hospital room after. At any point she was present I would not have spoken to Karen, having explained why. And there is no way in hell that she would have been allowed back in my life. I MAY have agreed to Karen's last wish, to placate her, then again. From Hell's heart I stab at thee... But I would have told her to fuck off as soon as Karen died.

I'm not sure I could have told Karen, even on her deathbed that I forgave her, I quite possibly just would not have gone. In those months after they split she continued her affair with Avril (which was the 2nd one she started while married), she went ahead celebrating the life of the man that destroyed her marriage with her, along with 6 others and his suspicion of kiddy fiddling and treason, both against Canada and the US.

Maybe it's my Catholic upbringing, we were taught that everyone can be forgiven, but they must genuinely be sorry. Karen, with her ongoing affair with the couple showed no sorrow, right to the end.

I would say you kept her character the same, a delusional cunt.

I would definitely have pissed everyone off by calling Avril and the grandmother interfering old cunts and told them to fuck off at thanksgiving.

As for the son's where was he on this? They sent him a xmas card but only seemed interested in reconciling properly when they were losing their other parent. Was this before or after they found out she had deeded the house back to Rob? However, they were his sons, supposedly, so there is the possibility that bridges may be rebuilt.

Now the final disrespect, his wife, whom he has said he still loved is diagnosed with cancer, but for those 2 months no one thought to contact him until it was almost too late. Look how that worked out before.

Sorry ST, he didn't need to burn her, but the attitude he had to her and the affair, was not consistent with how he acted, especially toward Avril.

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 4 years ago
Excellent

I've always enjoyed your stories. This was stayed true to the original. I'm not sure if I would agree that he would get together with Avril, but it is possible. Thank you again, and keep writing.

likeboblikebobabout 4 years ago

IMHO this is a decently written story. The problem is the story itself. If this guy had any self respect at all he would have dumped her immediately and told his kids to get lost. As for taking up with his wife's cheating bisexual lover, well that is absurd.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyabout 4 years ago

As a big fan of yours, I enjoyed most of this story, especially the shotgun brushstrokes applied to the painting. But Rob's character evolution was inconsistant.

" ... My whole life for the last twenty years has been a goddamn LIE. And you wanna know the worst part of all this? Everyone in this house except for myself and a couple others knew about it. And not a single one of you lifted a finger to stop it or let me know."

I can't believe he would ever accept anyone in the Du Monte family, with the possible exception of Simone and Georges.

4*s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
5*

Hey saddletramp1956. No matter what anyone else has to say, I liked this. I have read all previous versions and like one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fuck these

Sorry-assed whiny bitches. I loved it. 5*

Phoenix2019Phoenix2019about 4 years ago
...Never read the orginal.

But hey I read to be entertained. I read the story on its own merit.

My only complaint was the ending. While I agree his forgiveness of her was for his own salvation. I highly doubt I could have a relationship with someone who so willingly destroyed My original relationship. I might forgive those who had a hand in it, but not wanted anything to do with them. All those people who looked down on him for divorcing her suddenly loving him as part of the family? But the rest of the story i enjoyed.

Some of these cuck complainers make me smile though. I don't know why they read this category, there will be a fair bit of it as the category pretty much infers a wife having sex with others. IT'S FICTION....get a grip on reality. Stop whining and write your own story and publish it...Or better yet write for the local political party of your choice...it's all fiction there too.

I can't write so happy to read and offer CC once in a while. Keep writing My man...

darthnader19darthnader19about 4 years ago
5 stars

Really enjoyed your take on the story, felt much better compared to how to original story went. Keep up the great work and as always ignore the anonymous retards :)

SkubabillSkubabillabout 4 years ago

I always enjoy sequels to this story although I hated the original so I give it 4 stars. Although frankly if those two whores spent a month in the Sahara without water I wouldn't let them drink my pee. Saddletramp always delivers a good stor.y

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
WTF??

A truly STUPID addition to a truly STUPID story!!!

KRD19254KRD19254about 4 years ago

I liked it except for Avril and how trite this story became. Her charm and looks overcame his morality. I was very surprised that Rob/shrink did not ban Avril from visiting Rob's hospital/rehab rooms - that one made no sense. Keep his stress low and then allows Karen's Bi-Paramour to continue arguing/agitating Rob with her words and presence.

Rob a Sr Engineer/USN Officer (jeopardizing his nation) would resolve to think with his dick in honoring Karen's memory/request to take Avril's hand ----> was just to unreal. 3* at best

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
Damn fine story

This was a truly great story.

FD45FD45about 4 years ago

I always like to see competent writers take a stab at strong stories.

And taking a stab at an RG story is fraught. He puts a lot of craft into his stories and can evoke emotions and be quite descriptive.

This is no easy task.

So plaudits to SaddleTramp for his work.

moblanemoblaneabout 4 years ago
dichotomy!

A well -told account of a cheating slut and her cohorts and how she abused and lied to a decent and responsible man. There are women like this out there and I can't wish them any better fate than that of this despicable tramp. I shall never understand how a woman can say she loved a man and constantly devalued it by disrespecting the love that the man displayed and professed. Such double-speak must be genetic to women as I have seen it in women in my time on this planet!

Jamborama2Jamborama2about 4 years ago

Even after Rob's heart attack Karen was sleeping with Avril and Rob doesn't care about that?

Avril supposedly loves Rob? How did that happen when she doesn't even know him?

If someone else tries an ending...please let Rob have some balls.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

Personally i find Mr R. Gerald (Another World) to be simply outstanding (A real Gem) Few authors manage with any real conviction the Subtle art of conveying that level of gut-wrenching agony the protagonist is subjected too. (A true Horror story for any married man) I found your sequel to be very true to the original charters & in away that's my problem with this sequel: It´s the same charters but with a different outcome? "A happy ending" by all means, however I would have preferred to read more about how the charters where affected by "their" respective realizations after the divoce. Alas, no tangible development, thus the protagonists redemption is shallow mainly because the characters haven't matured. (Just a thought)

Thanks again for a very entertaining read looking forward to your next posting

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow I hate doing this....

Okay, although I have never liked the ending stories that the original fostered, I am pretty sure that this one although the best, is still not really a good ending. I can't tell you how much I hate pg 5. It just does not make sense at all! Avril can not possibly love him, she might be infatuated with him, as she seems with all the men in her life, but she really has no idea what love is. Unfortunately the behavior is not terribly surprising given my experience in France, but they still understand what pain public humiliation would cause. The all stems from the royals having to maintain power via marital alliances, so lovers were actually the ones you love. But even they would not have thought that a public exhibition of her private infidelity was acceptable. It would humiliate her husband and subject him to public ridicule - it would just not be done.

Rob5373Rob5373about 4 years ago
Ok, I’m usually one for reconciliation but....

Karen’s behavior from the original story was way over the top. She should die in a pool of piss and shit. She disrespected her husband I so many ways that she deserved nothing but shame and misery for the rest of her miserable life. And take the bitch Avril with her. He should have thrown both of then to the curb the moment Avril showed up with the portrait. I know you’re catching a lot of heat on this one from the Anon Dicks but I gave it 3.5 stars anyway even though I didn’t care for the story.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago
Re: saddletramp1956

The most disappointing part of this sequel is that you DID stick to the original characters and the husband's weak response to decades of betrayal.

I was hoping for an over-the-top bitch burning in your distinctive style. After the wife made a mockery of twenty years of marriage, it would have been entertaining to see the husband go full nuclear and destroy everything she cares about.

The best ending to "Another Love" isn't actually a direct sequel, although the scenario is very similar. Check out: "Tradimento" - Italian for Betrayal, by Imhapless. It's a very good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow

Never thought I would see ST write a CUCK story. If this is the route you're going to be taking I think I'll be done reading your stories. Man first King Bandor then HDK now you......you all get bit by cuck bug or what?

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Saddletramp

You have written a very good sequel to an impossible story. I was surprised that you attempted this , as you have your own style and following. I liked the destruction of the portrait, especially the part where Karen and Avril are distraught witnesses. I also liked the divorce and final rejection of Karen. I did not care for the old death bed forgiveness for the total betrayal and destruction of his marriage, but that might be in his character. Being in a happy relationship with Avril , and by extension Phillipe's family is not in character. Being in company with people actively involved in Karen's cheating, and deception is not really a believable action. You did a good job , adding to your stature as an author, but this is a story where the wrong can never be righted. I'm still waiting for someone to go completely scorched earth on everyone involved in the cheating and deception. Maybe starting before the dirty bastard Phillips dies of natural causes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
HELL NO

Avril and her family heeeeellllll NO. a constant reminder of how he was lied to and betrayed for 2 DECADES and he accepts Aviril as Karen's replacement. NO NO NO

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 4 years ago
Avril?

Great job until the very end. Not crazy about the death and all the goo, and hooking up with Avril. That kept it from being a 5. Thanks

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoabout 4 years ago
At last...

Always thought that he should have destroyed the picture, or at least terribly deface it. That was always a week point in the original.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
I get him trying to save a long-term marriage.

What I can't understand is that he would decide to take the lover's wife when she was a part of the years of betrayal? She is no better than the wife he left. Why do that to himself?

SKHPSKHPabout 4 years ago

Despite the horrible ending: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ from me because of your effort (and success) to be close to the original characters without degrading and emasculating the MC as RG did in the original story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Liked/Disliked

Here's what I liked: Destroying the painting (brilliant); Announcing the divorce in front of the Canadian family and his sons while letting them all know he was not a willing cuck; Divorcing her and moving away.

What didn't work for me: deathbed forgiveness; sons angry with father for not understanding their mother's position; her lover's family all coming to HIS house to celebrate a holiday (seriously???); his wife maintaining a relationship with Avril the whole time telling him she'd remain faithful; promising his ex-wife to start a relationship with her lover Avril; no acknowledgement that he was the victim from his sons or wife before she passed.

Bottom line point 1: I'd rather live and die alone than be forced to be in a relationship as uncomfortable as this story made me. Botom line point 2: This story needs to die a quick death. I'm tired of it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
WTF ST

More CFS (cuck-fag-shit) adios saddletramp you have gone the way of many before you. It's a shame the cuck bug has bitten so many good writters that have now taken the easy way out writting shitty shallow cuck stories that a moron can predict! So like so many other writters, I now jump to the comments and see if it is a cuck story before I waste my time reading the god damn shit!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I Love Your Stories but...

I must agree with other commenters that the ending was completely out of character and essentially spoiled the rest. It makes no sense that Rob would turn to Avril and it makes little sense that she would fall for him.

3 stars because the writing was good and the story was good until it was poisoned with the endings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I agree with the anonymous who wrote that King Bandors, KDS and now saddletramp 1956 (some of my favorite authors) are turning into CUCK writers. I have to remove these writers from my favorite authors. The only reason I gave this 2* instead of 1*, is what he did to the painting. After that he turned him into a WIMP. You had a good following of readers and after this SHIT, I think you'll losing some of us.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleabout 4 years ago
You wrote it well enough to keep my interest...

...and you did do a fair job of sticking to the original tone of the story and characters.

I understand that you held a mild obsession for the original, and so for that, I understand why you took the effort to see this through. However, I personally was done with the story enough as it was. I do hope we've seen enough of this storyline, and I hope nobody else bothers with it.

It's like the story by Nici... Something We Have to Talk About. The original is flawed in it's very conception, but has caused author after author to revisit it. In my mind, you can readdress the imbalance of the action, but you CAN'T redeem the original. If you read the original of either, you are partaking of poison, lies, a large dose of self-deception, with a generous side helping of very ordinary, powerless responses from the cheated-upon. You will always have those original tales, no matter what parallel universe you take them to.

So for both of those stories, I hope we have flogged these dead horses enough.

Write a new story, different from the original ones, leaving the characters dead and buried. They can be the same themes, even similar titles, but please, let those ones die. The original characters do not deserve to have life breathed into them again.

Especially this one, where there was a huge cast, all working to deceive and steal from the guy for 20 years. None of those people deserve civility. All the relationships perverse. Even the relationships of sons to their father featured heavily with disrespect. That had to be the case for them to stay silent for so long.

Go back to BTB, Saddletramp, it suits you much better.

Our old friend JPB wrote many stories that were fine, reasonable in their outcomes. But then he deviated and wrote some very cuck shit. It's his choice to write, his to publish, but in the end I had to drop reading his stories because I came to the realisation that with a hit-and-miss outcome, I am better off not reading any more of his at all.

It sounds trite, but stick to your roots. Stick to your given audience. Then you won't lose them.

The best thing about this one was the destruction of the portrait. It was deserved, it was just, it sent a message to the women exactly what the portrait represented, and he was right. It also dealt a good dose of punishment to the women, but it was still not enough, in my book, to justify a revisit.

My two cents. Probably only worth one cent the way the world markets are going. Lol.

cybojicybojiabout 4 years ago
ST

You covered all the issues well. This is a better ending than original. Great work. 5

GrimmerGrimmerabout 4 years ago

The ending with Avril is completely out of characterto both the original characters and the development you added. By doing so he became accepting of complete betrayal and his cickolding. Totally out of character.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Worst finish to this story yet

I didn't think you stayed true to the originals characters, I still think he was a massive cuckold and didn't really get any revenge. But having him sail off with Avril was the biggest load of manure yet. Not the ending I expected from Saddletramp1956. You sure MM didn't write this?

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
The whole story...

...was stupid, but the ending did not even make sense. A man that could not stand up for himself. A man who let the slut play games with him and then he keeps the other whore and end up happy? Loll.* because I can't give you zero...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

was not

a bad story except for one big area. The national security concerns. There can not be ANY man on earth who would say he loves his wife after the BS she pulled on him even to date.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
No

No. Just no. Three stars. A better ending away from 4 stars.

Only thing he knows about Avirl other than looks is that she help ruined his marriage, screwed his wife, had an open marriage, and lied to her own kids about his marriage. Why would he want that woman?

If you are going that route, at least Avril could have honestly regretted and apologised for the part she played in ruining his life. Then let her go on to "steal" him from Karen and earn his love and trust.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

SIMILAR Stories