All Comments on 'Another Love, Not'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 371 Comments (Page 2)
iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Better ending, as the original was pure sh*t.

Though a word of advice stop using the time worn cliche of having women tossing out the "fragile male ego" line. Its a weak way of driving male readers into a misogynistic rage. Its also a weak way to achieve that outrage. Other than that I enjoyed it.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

A good rendition, but it did not the sheer raw angst of the original tale or the sequels.

It was too short to capture that raw emotion.

Because of that, l gave you 4/5 instead of 5/5

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

This version still lets the cheating whore, her lesbian lover who's still cuckolding him, the Asswipes family all off the hook! Rob may have divorced her but he's still just a pussy who let that whole family walk all over him.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Burn her

If ever a woman needed to be totally destroyed, this cheating monster Karen is the one. I enjoyed your version of the story, but I agree with others that his reaction was too unemotional and analytical. I guess a scientist and engineer would react like that. There never was a real confrontation or appropriate anger from a man treated with such disrespect. He should have slapped the old bitch grand-mere out of her slippers for the way she spoke to him. Like CD, I wonder what he put in Phillipe’s tea to make him stroke out. I wanted the same for Karen and Avril, but they got off with just a little humiliation and no real retribution. I like burning the painting, but not letting the two bitches know about it sort of muted it’s impact. Still it was very well done, and my usual *5 for your work.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago
A very good retelling of this story

It worked very well and earns a well-deserved 5*

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 3 years ago

He's still a piece of fluff cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
cant complain

the original's ending was hard to swallow... Big Richard Gerald fan but man he has a penchant for RAAC stories.

Omart57Omart57over 3 years ago
Good one H!

I too, was never happy with the original ending! The tea thing was great!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

About fucking time that someone recognized that a top-secret government project would run background checks on the main participants in the program.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 3 years ago
The demise of Phillippe

"But I taught her well, didn't I?" he asked. "All those positions and those moves that she told you she learned from reading books. God, you were a gullible son of a bitch. It was so easy to cuckold you."

I started to get up from my seat, but then I thought better of it as I knew that time was on my side.

"Five, four, three, two, one," I thought to myself and smiled as he continued bragging.

Du Monte looked perplexed for about five seconds before the light bulb of recognition flashed in front of his face. He then suddenly grabbed his head as if he had a bad headache. He slid out of his chair in front of me. I sat there watching as I heard someone talking to 911.

Well it sure looks like Rob knew Phillippe was going to stroke out - good for him!

Now after taking care of the arrogant bastard, why did you let Rob suffer through the entire DuMount clan invading his house rubbing in his wife's cheating all over again? He should have walked down the hill from work at (RPI) and kicked their asses out of his house - turned them over to ICE!

I agree with the Portrait burning but, paying for it was too much. Good Job!

Ironman52Ironman52over 3 years ago

Great re-spin! I read the original and most of the others.

No too long and drawn out. Just right.

You don't have to BTB. He did it right.

Only nit is that I don't think she ever knew the real reason she didn't have a chance was "No Remorse"

5*

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

sorry to say, this was a disappointing story.

thought he should've moved out after getting kicked out of his apartment during Thanksgiving.

interacting with the Du Monte family and his own family during this time didn't make much sense, I would've expected him to be seething.

divorce was abrupt, what happened to him or Karen? it was only about the relationship with the sons

story needed a bit of karma retribution like the exhibition was unsuccessful and the cost ate up Karen and Avril's savings.

it would've been nice to have a small romance story at the end to get him back on his feet.

Highway69_50Highway69_50over 3 years ago

This version was the best fit for me. Three pages were just enough to tell a good story. I was a little worried Rob would give in when the Avril and Karen had him in bed. Thank you, Hooked1957 for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Give it up with this already!

RG is a great writer who doesn't write the same story over and over. You're not bad (your dialogue can be somewhat forced and turgid), but write your own story. Write what you actually know from experience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A distinct improvement.

Thanks for the effort.

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
Magnifique

I have to say in this one Hooked the story was at RG's level. RG is a great writer, writes really compelling, interesting and gut wrenching human tragedies, and this one was one of his epic stories. The thing about RG is that the stories are amazing, amazingly written at an extreme high level, and it's as if the engine (see what I did there) dies off about 90% into the story, and the story just completely collapses at the end. I think his life theory is that sometimes shit happens to you and you just have to swallow it and move on. That shit happens to you and you can either be bitter for the rest of your life or just swallow the shit, accept the person that served you the shit and simply move on. However, I think there are many alternatives in between.

So, RG's original, the first three-quarter of the story was at a level ten out of ten, and the last bit where he just sucked everything up was at a level of one. The first three quarters of your version was at least at a level of 8 or 9 (even though you had borrowed RG's story and his rich characters you dealt with it with great insight and maturity, but because you had borrowed his rich characters and storyline hard for me to give you a ten for it as you didn't create it or them), but the last third of yours was at least at a level of 6 or 7. I wasn't too fond of him just accepting Karen having Phillipe's family over, accepting being kicked out of his apartment to make room for Phillipe's daughter, going back to the same bed with Karen and Avril the second time, not destroying the painting (my word to someone like Karen or Avril would be worthless), and paying $50,000 for the painting to just burn it (not about the money, but that he had to sacrifice once again to deal with Phillippe's shit).

So, the last bit could have gone any way and still been better than RG's original version, but yours was still pretty good. But what makes your version an easily 5 star for me was that you handled the part that RG did great at a very high level yourself, and the part that sucked you improved. Again, easily 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent...

...story telling. Well written. I do agree with Harryinva that he should have vandalized the painting. I would have sliced through it with a butcher knife. I also wouldn't have been so nice about all his dam relatives moving in, but thats just me. 5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This is the BEST ending I have read fro this story!!!!!

This is the BEST ending I have read fro this story!!!!!

This captured the true personality of an officer in the military.

The only thing missing is a better roasting the the two whores.

I would like to give this 7* but I can't

THANK YOU!!!

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 3 years ago

5 stars. I really enjoyed this. Writing was very good and the story was excellent. We need more like this.

tizwickytizwickyover 3 years ago

I always thought the the original story was a masterpiece but now having read you ending I think that I like it better. Just for the record, I don’t think that after he poisoned Dumont that he would have paid $50,000 for the painting just to burn it. I think it would have been better to have him return to his former home and take the painting and destroy it in her fireplace. He also missed a golden revenge opportunity by not playing the recording for the entire Dumont family exposing P. Dumont for the manipulative philandering ass wipe that he was. That would have poetic justice on an enormous scale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awful original and this is just as bad

The naval part of it is absurd. An f14 did not take people to meetings. It would not fly supersonic without a great reason. The reserve fuel would be same as main fuel. He was invited to a strategy meeting for the war? He was an engine mechanic.

The Japanese French Canadian War bride? Couple issues. First is French canadians did not fight in large numbers in ww2. Second is canadians fought in Europe and not at all in pacific. No chance for them to meet.

Never try to polish a turd. All of RGs stories are turds. Avoid them

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why?

What does this add to the original? 20 years of his life wasted on a narcissistic bitch. How can a man recover from that without some form of real revenge? This wasn't even a slap on the wrist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Teenage sons not lashing out or telling is impossible but since we are in the realms of impossible. Might as well let him have second wife in another town or even across the street known g about the affair lining up for max burnage, maybe a fake photo showing Philip a petobear or more voice clips like that. 20 years engineer with prior navy with the right lawyers even destroy Philip family, years of planning can accomplish alot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Sadly this isn’t an improvement on the original story. It seems to be largely a cut and paste effort. All the worst bits from the original are still there. We are told that Phillipe was a member of the communist party in Canada....and then nothing.

He was informed his wife had had a long term affair but did nothing, no confrontation or anything. When shown the nude portrait of his wife he gets upset, again then nothing. Any husband with anything about him would have either completely destroyed the painting, or, written the word Whore across it in red paint and even slashed it from corner to corner and left the knife embedded in it with his wedding ring attached, but not our hero obviously.

Why did he allow the family of her lover to take over his house for what is described as a Canadian Thanksgiving, surely anyone with a set of balls would have kicked them out! Not our superstar, he rolls over and allows them to stay, giving up his own bed as well.

Despite your best efforts with this I still scream at my computer when reading this.

I have always thought that the story should have had the husband being called back to the US from the Gulf to help sort out problems with the production of a new engine and having a 72 hour pass during which he goes back home unexpectedly to see his family only to discover his wife and lover in his bed. The ensuing confrontation sees lover boy physically kicked out of the house. But........?

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 3 years ago
What absolute

Drivel.

The original was a waste of time and this is even worse.

RGRSHANRGRSHANover 3 years ago

I felt trying to bring in the view point from Du Monte and make the affair cheap was unnecessary. It could have been a love story between them. It doesn't interfere in anyway how the husband would react and if not it could increase the intensity of the revenge. The moment it was revealed to the wife that she was only considered as a cheap whore, I lost my passion to see a revenge and started feeling pity for her.

But I too believe husband's character could have been more developed. I also love the idea that husband had a chance to get some satisfaction and self respect, though I'm not in to burn the bitch or murder. It would have been even better if the husband let Du Monte family and Karen know, he had a part in the heart attack. Now that would be a classic revenge, especially for the Du Monte's who takes pity on the poor husband.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
@njlauren — almost autistic

I think you’re spot on. Look at the way he sees jet engines. He’s exactly like several high-functioning autistics/Aspergers’s Syndrome people I know. It’s also why he trusted Karen so long and thoroughly. The one fault of this theory of autism/Aspergers is as soon as he found out she cheated, and confirmed it, he most likely would have cut himself off from her — completely. It’s usually all or nothing for people like that, very black or white. But, there are many degrees of it, so I’m sure there is some degree of it that would allow for him sticking around for a while.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

One thing that puzzles me in most (all?) versions is the sons. I can understand how as kids they listened to their mother's instructions to "not tell Daddy," but once they were closer to adulthood, why wouldn't they confront him and ask how he could accept the situation?

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
In the original story Philipe was a artistic photographer, not a painter.

Also, what’s with the 5-4-3-2-1 and the stroke? You left that hanging. Did he poison Philipe? Maybe a huge dose of Viagra? What’s the deally-do there?

If he’d stoop to poison with Philipe, why not off Karen too?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Someone asked the question about Dumont's death. I totally believe that Rob drugged the tea. He was counting down to when he expected the drug to take effect.

ibbunkibbunkover 3 years ago

Seems like a watered down version of the original.

DazzyDDazzyDover 3 years ago

This is wonderful and yet awful! I would have been EXTREMELY unhappy knowing what had happened and in such detail! Morally bereft people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The WIMP

was betrayed by everyone and WIMP still holds true. he barely avenged anything...

TreymonTreymonover 3 years ago

At least you put a little meat into it. The original was the usual Literotica strong man accepts being a cuck before and after.

In this one at least he had some self esteem if just as clueless.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

COME ON LAP TOP WRITER

this story suck Moose cock, The original and so does this one. Its not a 5 star story at all

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

WHY THE ORIGINAL RG STORY SUCKED MOOSE BALLS.. WHY THIS ONE DOES .. and so do ALL of the variants.

You read some of the comments here and you say to yourself God damn it what the fuck is wrong with some of you people.....

FACT#1 a husband showing some emotion and outrage is NOT the same thing as BTB Burn the bitch.

It just isnt

FACT #2 Extraordinary events require extraordinary foundation AND extraordinary reaction to make them believable. This story does not do that

Given ALLLLLL that has happened... given all the effort from everyone on trying to get the husband to accept everything and the widespread refusal to not even recognizing that he has even a REASON to be angry….

WHY.. WHY … WHY

is the horrible french Canadian family in HIS home on Thanksgiving and shitting on him?

WHY.. WHY … WHY

does he spend all this time in the original story and in this story and in most of the other versions of the story ... trying to communicate to his wife about how badly he is hurt ….how badly he was deceived ...how badly is the Betrayal?

It is OBVIOUS that she doesn't get it and she never will.

IF she understood and or \ recognize the Betrayal she wouldn't have done it to begin with and she certainly would not kept fucking Phillp in a secret life for 20 years.

"DID YOU EVER THINK OF ME??....."

Are you kidding me? The husband is actually asking that question after finding out all this information?

WHY.. WHY … WHY???

Why is he even talking to her? What possible outcome could there be? This is what I mean by extraordinary events require extraordinary reactions and Foundations to make them believable.

There was no possible reason why ANY rational human being ...whether man or woman ...would spend any time trying to talk to a spouse who is this twisted and Disturbed mentally morally and ethically.

WHY.. WHY … WHY????

….is he spending all this time trying to talk to anybody in the French Canadian family or the soon-to-be ex-wife when they do not even recognize that wife lied for 20 years to her own kids in order to keep the husband out of the family?

Nobody even recognizes this as a problem -- that the wife's actions are morally and ethically EVIL and vile . So again WHY WHY WHY he spending all this time ….page after page …..in all of these different stories talking to these people?

just take a gun and shoot all of them.

what's the point?

Take the painting ...burn to the ground … then burn the whole house to the ground when nobody's around. Then Pack up and leave.

cybojicybojiover 3 years ago
To start with

Hated the original version. The fench philosophy of love is bullshit. Nothing works for the french from cars to food to love....all crap. To resurect this story was not something worthy of your excellent writing. 1. Sry hated to do that.

The only version worth a crap is the one where they turn him into a child molester upon his death. To spend 50k on a picture then to burn it is nuts. I would of burned it when I first saw it....

FantasyTrainFantasyTrainover 3 years ago
ehhhhhhhhhhh

Should had the bitch holding the painting while they both burned in the fire pit!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
another rendition... of shit

The original sucked as it showed a man being less than a man (especially one who swore and oath and donned a uniform). This was no better, since it showed the same.

When you make changes to a story, you need to alter the entire perception of the ending, not just make the final scene in a different location. There was no retribution against the wife or the communists. They get away free and clear. The man never recaptures his self esteem and is wandering without a "man card". Some would write a young vibrant whore into his life to replace the testosterone loss.

A rewrite NEEDS an awakening of the perpetrators. Killing the whore-master was a good move, but the poison wasn't discussed (what was laced into the funky tea?), but could have been a partial rejuvenation toward man-card reinstatement. You don't go through basic training and not understand how retribution works. You don't rise in the ranks if you cut the legs out under those you serve with.

Sorry, this sucked - like the original!

Smokepole

stev2244stev2244over 3 years ago

Very good alternate version, very entertaining and enthralling. Well done.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
The greatest pain was . . .

. . . a story by Mr 1957 in which the cheating wife was not named Traci.

Everyone assumes that a person cannot have two lovers whom he loves differently but still the same. One commenter wrote that the French way cannot work, but it has worked in Europe for thousands of years.

Monogamy, at least for men, has a shorter history than men having multiple wives.

The

Of course, this story was written from a different perspective, from that of Karen’s real husband. That’s the odd part of the equation, and the part written for an American audience. The recording of Philippe saying that Karen was just another whore to him does not ring true, because Philippe lived with Karen for two years; that’s just a sop for the American audience.

This is a story about a meeting of cultures that turns out poorly., but it turns out poorly because the American cannot understand the French.

It also turns out poorly because the husband has no fucking idea what to do. He wants to go all macho BTB, but doesn’t know how; why else would he have stayed in the fourth floor apartment? Why didn’t he fuck Avril? Why did he agree to stay in the same room with Karen and Avril that second night? And why did he allow the du Monde family to stay in HIS HOUSE at all?

And what macho American father would accept that his son had a boyfriend?

In the end, this doesn’t work because Mr 1957 is saddled with Mr Gerald’s characters, and he doesn’t believe in them. Collaboration is difficult, but Messrs Gerald and 1957 didn’t collaborate; one simply picked up the other’s story and tried to change the ending. The same problem afflicts all of the redo versions of February sucks.

kimi1990kimi1990over 3 years ago

This was very well done, Mr. 1957. The original, while well written, set up a situation where a man is forced to contemplate the unthinkable. The problem was, it set up a situation where the betrayal was so horrendous, so appalling, that there could be only one solution. Mr. Gerald gave us the opposite of the only solution. This drew the ire of everyone who read it, including me. When you create a villain who is Satan, the obvious answer is the flame.

I have to smile as such creatures as "Smokepole" and Harry. "Men, do this." As if they are men and speak with any knowledge of what "men" do. I suspect, somehow, that the male of the species is as diverse in reaction as the female.

Writers with a knowledge of the craft appreciated your effort. Others, who write imitative and descriptor-laden tripe, lack the depth of character to appreciate what you did, and in their jealousy and smallness of soul, made rude sounds.

Your character managed to do what Mr. Gerald's did not: escape with his integrity intact. I gave it a five. I would like another, please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
1 star cucku shit

Cucks react so soft. Burn her burn her lover burn the boys burn everything. They say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. I'd say if you wrong me like that I'd hell hath no fury for I have it all.

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
A worthy effort. 5*s

The only real alteration I would have rather seen here was that the MC not spend $50K, which was probably a significant portion of his bonus for the "Karen" engine. Instead, while he was being forced to endure the Du Monte clan invading his home, at Canadian Thanksgiving, albeit without his permission, I would have enjoyed the entire household being awakened by shot gun blasts ripping the painting apart, just before it is set ablaze in the fireplace as a copy of Phillippe's voice played over a sound system, describing his attitude towards ALL of his whores. Let them all hear just what an ass this French prick really was.

But I tend to me an over the top vindictive asshole myself...

carvohicarvohiover 3 years ago

I have some things to say. First, the original R.G. story was a fascinating tale, and well worth the five I gave it. Second, I know it was a fascinating tale because of all the comments it garnered and because of the reprises, like this one, it has engendered. Third, it created at least quazi-believable characters. I say quazi because I don't know a damn thing about jets or jet engines. (I read my kid's interpretation of String Theory once. I knew every word, but didn't know a damn thing when I was finished.) Fourth, it was a five because, even if the guy was cuckold, I still enjoyed reading it.

I read some of the comments below. A lot of them make sense, and maybe someone will take a few and do a rewrite of this story again. I'd read it.

I read Harry's remarks. Usually he just pisses me off. This time he pissed me off, but made sense too.

Finally, we've got two really good writers putting up free stuff for us to read; one is Richard Gerald and the other is Hooked1957. Keep it going fellas. You write em and I'll read em.

An last, thanks to Laurel and Manuel for creating this web site. I really enjoy it.

carvohi (Jed Clampett)

awyldsideawyldsideover 3 years ago

The bitch needed to be burned. Big time! At least fucked Avril in front of her and not touched the wife.

He should have destroyed the painting the first time he saw it with her in the room.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

While there have been many attempts to bring reason into the absurd story posted by RG, in the end you can’t make gold from lead.

The apparent murder of Phillippe was so obscure that it had no impact on our perception of the MC. Not only that but he hangs around the murder scene until the EMTs show up. How stupid is that? Finally, he never reveals his hand in Phillippe’s death to any one. Minimally, he should have at least suggested to Karen that Phillippe’s death may not be what it appeared to be and she could end up the same way. That would surely get her attention. Assuming he has an iron glad alibi.

I can’t understand Karen virtually ignoring the revelation that Phillippe never loved her. Her big move was to remove her painting from the exhibit. One would think that a woman, used as a whore for twenty years by a man who professed to love her, would have some type of emotional response to this egregious betrayal. And all Rob does is go upstairs to pack? No gloating, no derisive laughter, no cynical comments about Karen's great love story? The man is wooden.

This may be the most boring ended yet written for this awful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A Wasted Effort

You write well but you didn't change the tenor of the this failed epic much by killing off DuMonte (20 years after he started screwing your wife and your life) then little dabs here and there followed by yet another ineffectual ending. You didn't do yourself a favor by not modifying this tale into a powerful BTB. It is loaded with possibilities and like so many others you stuck with the original premise and except for a few places it wound up being the same story. Don't be tempted to do this again. You can do so much better.

JeffTomJeffTomover 3 years ago
Thanks

Good joke at the end.

Nice to finish with a laugh.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

I don't think you can write many very different sequels to the original one because of the long (20 years) set up.

However, I read all (at least I think) sequels. Some are good, some are not so good. What I'm missing in every story is the following: Didn't this family have any friends and neighbors (except the extended canadian family)? If there are friinds of the family they would have known about the lover. You can't keep all the neighbors and friends in the dark or to keep silent about it. According to this story there were never family friends when the husband was overseas and the lover was living with the family. Even when she explained that he was just a lodger, some neighbors or friends would have mentioned it casually.

LoejtcLoejtcover 3 years ago

I take exception to Reed Richards' interpretation of the essence of this story i.e. "This is a story about a meeting of cultures that turns out poorly., but it turns out poorly because the American cannot understand the French."

Because RG chose a French Canadian aristocratic family, we tend to equate this story to that of François Mitterrand and how civilized the French behave as compared to us American barbarians. Maybe that was his intent. But there is no comparison between the behavior of Karen and Mitterrand's situation e.g. his mistress was never married, his wife was acutely aware of the relationship and she had a lover of her own among many other factors.

If instead of the Du Monte's the Kennedy's or any other rich, elitist American family was substituted into the story Karen, being who she is, would still have betrayed anyone or anything who threatened her fantasy existence.

Rather I see it as the story of the damage one delusional woman can do to her husband, children, herself and those around her with her obsessive pursuit of an absolutely self absorbed lifestyle.

This story is not about the lack of understanding of cultural mores, it is about a husband trying to come to grips with a wife who is so out of touch with reality that she is completely oblivious and uncaring of the damage she willfully heaped upon him and his family for 20 years.

Perhaps we can be a little forgiving of Rob’s behavior. Few of us have come face to face with a truly amoral person especially one who we loved without limit for decades.

jesemmojesemmoover 3 years ago
Good Story

I read this story a while back, but with a different ending. I'm not certain that the other story was written by Hooked 1957, but the story followed this story until the ending. The earlier story had Karen dying of cancer and still begging for forgiveness and the husband getting together with Avril. The painting wasn't destroyed in a camp fire, but the husband took a shotgun and blew it to pieces and then put it in the fireplace to burn the pieces.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Much better!

At last, a realistic ending; one that the vast majority of NORMAL husbands facing this betrayal would pursue. Thanks for speaking out and letting wives who might think this behavior could be tolerated, isn't. He lost an unfaithful wife (no loss, there) and retained his man status. Much better ending.

tralan69ertralan69erover 3 years ago

@sbrooks103x6 days ago

Someone asked the question about Dumont's death. I totally believe that Rob drugged the tea. He was counting down to when he expected the drug to take effect.

Yer tho thmart.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

@etchiboy, in the original Philippe most certainly WAS a painter, a celebrated art restorer at that. In at last one alternate version he was a photographer.

/

While the countdown was unrealistic, the context makes it clear that hr somehow caused Philippe's stroke, doing the same to his wife likely would have brought to much suspicion onto him.

/

@ReedRichards - "This is a story about a meeting of cultures that turns out poorly., but it turns out poorly because the American cannot understand the French." - You seem to be blaming things on the American's inability to understand the French, instead of on Karen's and Philippe's deceit. Now, if they came to Rob FIRST, and proposed the arrangement, you could legitimately blame his refusal on a "lack of understanding!"

/

"And what macho American father would accept that his son had a boyfriend?" - Um, a "macho American father" who has some compassion and understanding. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

mainer42mainer42about 3 years ago

touche on the ending!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Not enough

More should have been done against the women. Why would he allow them in his home and let them party during the holidays. They should have been refused to enter. And his wife should have been kicked out as well as his family. Fuck them all!

Karn9Karn9about 3 years ago

Great ending! 🤙

vickitvohiovickitvohioabout 3 years ago

I love your stories, however I couldn't be more disappointed in this if he was a willing cuckold! Other than actually killing him(death porn) what did you do differently that hasn't been done by others? Both the Original and others? you just made it concise. I was really hoping for something different because the wife was a piece of shit doing that to him with his kids. But to let that painting go unscathed?!? or at least tell her he "offed" him while he was there-please! this is FICTION, give us at least something.

robdh51robdh51about 3 years ago
to vickitvohio

by vickitvohio

03/05/21

... But to let that painting go unscathed?!? or at least tell her he "offed" him while he was there-please!

READ THE END AGAIN VICKI. HE MURDERED THE DUDE AND BURNED THE PAINTING!!!

bruce22bruce22about 3 years ago

nice rerun. better than a chapter 2!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Should have taken the whore mountain climbing... WHOPS, she fell down..WAY DOWN!!

jsch1947jsch1947about 3 years ago

I like this ending best.

What did he put in the tea???

Destroying the painting was FINALLY done. I didn't think anybody was going to bring justice to that.

jsch1947jsch1947about 3 years ago

I hear all these anonymous idiots wail about "no ass kicking". Strange. They're eager to hide themselves behind "anonymous" but the wronged husband is supposed to go to jail for assault. Idiots

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 3 years ago

Except for the last few paragraphs this was a rehash of Richard Gerald’s story. It actually ended in the same place, divorce. She cuckolded and humiliated him. She ripped his guts out. He wouldn’t stand for it. She had no remorse. He divorced her. So what’s different.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

The French think everyone should understand the French. Seems to me they have an unearned collective superiority complex. His wife fell for that BS. Adios bitch.

He's male. Find a young woman and make a new family.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 3 years ago
Amazing!

I can't get over the number of comments this recent story has generated. What a strong tribute to Hooked!

.

With some exceptions, I found I liked this ending. For example, why did MC continue the charade for weeks after getting the proof from the Feds? Why was he not GONE? Why did he not bolt when his apartment was confiscated for Phillip's daughter and family? Why would he lie between his wife and an equally stupid, oversexed Avril in a single bed? Why would he return days later to that same bed and partners? Why was the friend's recording of Phillip recounting his stable of 4 long term, on-demand whores not the first recording shared with the two silly women?

To the positive: cool trick inducing Phillip's stroke and escaping all suspicion and blame. Clever writing to have the wife embarrassed by the two questions about who she is really thinking about when bumping uglies with her two lovers. On the whole, a good story. I don't object to the basic plot where the MC is the loser in the "musical chairs" game of sex because both his own, plus the Montreal family all rig the rules.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

fuckin drivel....a cuckold wimp of a soldier....

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 3 years ago

He really should have burned the painting in front of Karen, maybe immediately after she returned from California. He also should not have allowed his home to host Canadian thanksgiving.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What a wimp, no wonder she went off with other men! Can you really blame her for wanting a real man?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It is just as pathetic as the others.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Karen is a self center wife who believes she done nothing wrong. A total queen bitch. I would find where phillipe was buried and shit on his grave. I wish his death was a long painful death and force Karen watch his demise

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Read and enjoyed both versions - thank you both. And I thought MY LIFE sucked! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Still a pussy.

No different than the other version, a whore and a fool

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

Poor bastard. At least he has one son making grandchildren.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Crap ending! Karen wasn’t important to Philippe, she was just another whore! What was important to Philippe was his paintings. I don’t understand why the author didn’t have the cuckold husband setup an fire untraceable to him (i.e., a fire which would be found to be non-arson) at the painting exhibition which would have destroyed all of Philippe’s best works. That would have been final justice. That would have hurt Philippe.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Many people have attempted a rewrite of RGs classic story, Another Love. Some have succeeded in writing a compelling revision or addition to the original; some have not. IMHO, Hooked 1957 has succeeded in writing a worthy story, with an ending that should have been a part of the original. Five stars ⭐️ for this effort.

sdc97230sdc97230about 3 years ago
So many variations on this story that seem not to change much of anything

The best of these was George Anderson's version where a bunch of angry vets brought down the art exhibit because its centerpiece was an erotic painting of a wife who was cheating on her husband while he was serving his country. Otherwise, it's been really hard to tell all of these "Another Love" clones apart.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

1 for this rendition.

I did not like the original and this does not fare any better.

The husband should have slashed the painting when he first saw it.

That would have been a more fitting revenge.

The wife would not have been in any doubt about how much her cheating slut ways hurt him.

There should have been a whole lot more pain and suffering for the slut whore wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I think I see the attraction: You have the bogeyman with a magic penis. He can have any woman he wants. Yes, even your wife. Yes, your wife who would never stray would be powerless before the Man With The Mojo.

People are afraid such a person exists. We know they don't. We know it's all bullshit. But then there are the stories. And we eat them up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

THIS BITCH HUSBAND ROB HAD NO SAY IN HIS OWN HOUSE...HIS WIFE DIDNT RESPECT HIM....HIS SONS DIDNT RESPECT HIM....AVRIL DICTATED TO THE BASTARD.....YET HE FUCKING SAT ON THE DIVORCE PAPERS LIKE THE WEAK PATHETIC BALL-LESS MAN THAT HE IS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

REALLY FUCKED UP END....KAREN IS A WHORE....HIS 2 SONS ARE BASTARDS....BUT THIS MAN/HUSBAND IS A WEAK PATHETIC LOSER

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Phillipe got his, too bad Rob didn't beat him nearly to death, or worse. Karen should have been beaten by a woman that Rob's best interests at heart. Karen wasn't a 1 time whore, she was a slut for 20yrs

gioul50gioul50almost 3 years ago

5 Stars

I would like if he invite anonymously Phillippe's family to another exhibition and there in front of them torch the damn painting.

robdh51robdh51almost 3 years ago
Wow, guess you don't know how to read the papers or the internet.

Anonymous

05/25/21

I think I see the attraction: You have the bogeyman with a magic penis. He can have any woman he wants. Yes, even your wife. Yes, your wife who would never stray would be powerless before the Man With The Mojo.

People are afraid such a person exists. We know they don't. We know it's all bullshit. But then there are the stories. And we eat them up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a naive pile of poop comment. OF COURSE THEY EXIST. Women cheat every day with men of power, politicians, bosses, rich men. They leave their husbands every day for men of power. Politicians, corporate big shots, millionaires constantly are in the news for seducing underlings. Many divorces are caused this way. To be so naive about that is amazing.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Read again. Good story but fukemall. Again ghost them all and fuck paying for the painting. That painting dies as soon as the french fop’s wife walks out the door. Find a young wife and make some more heirs. At least he got to kill him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I'm not going to comment on the story because it is whatever the author says it is! I'll just make 2 comments: 1. The U.S Navy doesn't have any "First Lieutenants". There are "Lieutenant JGs (Junior Grade)" and "Lieutenants". 2. A JET engine is not capable of going into orbit because there is no air (oxygen) up there. It needs to be a Rocket engine!

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 3 years ago

So the crux of this rewrite is when Karen listens to a recording of Phillippe saying "Karen was just another whore, a magnificent one but a whore nevertheless. I didn't love her but I loved having sex with her." That's her epiphany and her comeuppance. Weak

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It was really monotonous listening to them belittle him over and over. But he deserved it because he kept coming back for it as they kept walking all over him. What a pussy.

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

Hooked1957, you should take a gun and shoot yourself. You took idiotic plot that I am assuming you considered monumental and then wrapped it in a soiled toilet paper.

When a man discovers what a sorry cuck he has been the right thing to do is to cut all the connections with the people making him so. That is just to restore self-respect if nothing else.

When a man keeps on coming back "asking for answers" and "debating" with those than drove him down and still have an upper hand that is when he buries himself even lower in excrement they are heaping on him.

This is what this wimp of a character "Ronald McDonald" is doing. Since I have served it is hard for me to believe these types of wimps exist anywhere in the US military, I wonder how comes we did not exorcised them out. This character had a number of things he could have done:

1. Put a blow torch to that painting instead of forking "the best spent money" of $50,000 (?????) to the whore characters.

2. Throw sorry ass whore "Avril" out of his house the very first time he met her with a solid boot in her behind.

3. Throw out the whole fvcking DeMonte family out by the collar one by one, the time they occupied his house.

4. Play recording he had the very first day he met his whore of a wife.

But then again, what can I expect from a wimp created by a wimp writer? Obviously that light touch of gay son with his gay boyfriend was added to show how "liberated" our wimp "McDonald" is.

By the way, what fvcking genius "De Monte" was? I mean this is how "McDonald" is referring to him. Isaac Newton was a genius, Charles Darwin was a genius, Albert Einstein was a genius. There is no fvcking Canadian painter that can be called genius. There is no modern painter of any country that is a genius. These are all assholes living from selling gas to quasi-intellectuals and other wanna-be pretenders. I have a Jackson Pollock reproduction in my toilet so to prompt me to unload faster when I sit on the loo.

1-star.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Still too light on all involved parties. He should have cut all ties but first checked that his sons really were his sons (DNA and all). Then taken all the money and thrown acid in their faces, just for good measure.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 3 years ago

Thank you for this. I needed to stoke the fire in me. I got to page 2 i think, and I wanted to take a small club with nails in it, and beat her to almost death, then tie her to a tree, all bloody, and wait for all the animals to come and eat her while she screams, "it didn't mean anything", "it was just sex". Opposite, my 2 boys would be staked out to be eaten by bears coons, vultures, what ever wanted a bite. I wouldn't leave till i saw them all die. Send the painting to her parents, with a fire bomb attached.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked this one.

It would have been better if the husband had mentioned to his wife "If he hadn't died you will still be fucking him, wouldn't you"? I realize that this was obvious, but sometimes the obvious things need to be said out loud for all parties to grasp the reality of the situation.

usaretusaretalmost 3 years ago

I am not happy with how it just petered out to a simple divorce. Although I am not a BTB type usually, this tale pissed me off to the max. Could be a result of being a retired Army Vietnam veteran, and how Karen totally disrespected her husband and tiurned his family and her lovers family against their marriage. She deserved much more pain then a divorce from a marriage she disdained!.

While well constructed and written, it lost value for the weak ending of the storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good but it just fisseled out.Why are these men such wimps

0ldGriz0ldGrizalmost 3 years ago

Why do all the critics call him a wimp? He gets away with murdering the man who cuckolded him. Then he watches what his wife does for months while he immersed himself in the jet engine project. He waits for the perfect moment to destroy both Karen and Avril.

Five stars. So much better than the original.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I hated it. It was as pathetic as the original

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

This was a good one, but I still wish he could have put an end to Karen and April instead of a little mental anguish. If ever a whore needed ending, it was Karen.

other2other1other2other1almost 3 years ago

I really wanted to like this story, the emotion was there but it just never came out in line with the story. Right at the point where he should have given it to Karen he just took it like a chump. However the story positions him not as a cuck but a good solid man.

It’s a really good try, but feel like it could have used a little more of letting the rage out to explain his feelings

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Good story, I would have liked it better when all the Duprees showed up at his home if he told them al to fuck off and get out of his. and why the hell were they supporting his whore of a wife and treating her like family. And his wife, a very delusional woman. He was the epitome of the trusting husband to not find something suspicious about her travels and 20 year affair. Anf their is Avril, she must be a blond to accept live with Dupees indiscretions

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous