All Comments on 'Another Love, Not'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 370 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 3 years ago

Sick nasty story, Mr. 1957. A worth successor to the original with a more tolerable ending. Well done. I look forward to seeing your story for the St. Patrick's Day annual event. Thanks for writing, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Well

Not sure why this was written. Not much by way of new ground was covered. I guess that the MC finally found his balls and dumped her without going medieval was different, but not as much fun as Van1's rendition.

Gave this a three. Didn't love it, nor hated it, just a very middle of the road indifference.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 3 years ago
Beats me

It beats me why authors keep trotting out this ridiculous plot. Who is stupid enough to believe a husband would forgive? Who is stupid enough to believe he would listen to one word of the bullshit about frail male egos? It's called pride. Who expects a man to give up his pride? Who would respect him if he did?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
A story can have too many sequels

This one has run its course

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
This was a "miss"

RG's original story was bad enough. All those years of her lying and cheating. Talk about depressing. But he was also a fool. As was your guy. All those trips and he never thought anything might be amiss? Are people really that stupid? I guess they are. Even your little "revenge" at the end by burning the painting wasn't very satisfying. Further more it supported his enemy and wasted his money. This just wasn't a worthwhile project. Try again.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago
hmm

ending felt rushed but at least it had one. the MC is a lot better here than RG MC swear that MC was meant to be a woman. guess it was ok skimmed most of it having just reread RG's stories including that one. still fresh in my mind. the best part i like that was diff than RG was he was strong enough to say no to the "magic pussy"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
the worst wimpybpathetic MC...

.... written story by another well cucked author... whatever u may tell urself when you look into the mirror...its time u stop writing...

Pappy7Pappy7about 3 years ago
Good job on the story

but it was such a complete mess to begin with there was no way to get a good out come from the structure of the original story. I appreciated that you didn't give in to the 3 way with the French wife like someone did and that you made him a man with principles and a moral compass. Good 4 star story, didn't like enough of the characters to give it a 5 and that's too bad because the characters weren't your fault.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

He's still a cuck, nothing change

Vandemonium1's take on it still the best for me

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

Every itineration of this story sucks

Even in this one where the guy has the balls to kill the bastard himself, he still does nothing else

He is goddam engineer, set the house on fire with the whore and her adopted family still inside

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

Stand-alone Story? This is the second time you’ve taken a great story, then simplified the plot beyond recognition, effectively erasing any experience & maturity behind the intention of the original message!

I understand that this stories are fictional, however that doesn’t mean that they are no-educational. Your a good words-smith, make your own fiction from life experience.

Looking forward to your next posting

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 3 years ago

I don't understand what this obsession is with Richard Gerald's appallingly awful stupid ridiculous Story another love which gets all this attention.

And this versions even worse than the original one because this almost no emotional outburst from the husband of any kind.

For example at the bottom of page to win the grandmother he is talking to the husband about Philip ... This old arrogant stupid French hag Is lecturing the husband about male ego and marriage.This old woman knows what will going on and has form now that the husband was deceived for years he had she is still lecturing the husband about why he needs to accept things and fix the marriage.... As this the husband is the person is done something wrong.

My point is given that sort of unbelievable action and everything that has happened in the story the husband should not be having a rational calm conversation with this 95 year old woman sitting at the table.

Where is the fucken emotion? Where is the outrage? Why isnt thec husband screaming and ranting and raving? Why isn't he thrown things? How does he NOT pick up the 95 year old woman and smash her face into the wall?

Why doesn't he Doesn't he vandalize the painting?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Nothing Great

They all got off lightly, especially the sons

No depth in this story

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

I love your ending! It's the ending that RG should have used instead of that mess he palmed off on his readers.

5

Baldy74Baldy74about 3 years ago

Liked it, a much more realistic response from the husband. But would have been nice if he could have found someone worthy of his love at the end.

skruff101skruff101about 3 years ago

Like the RG version this didn’t work either, in this iteration a man finds out, from the feds no less, that his marriage is a sham, he has evidence from a federal source yet he waits WHY? Months go by before he has her served I ask again WHY?

Almost to the end he’s thinking of possibly saving his marriage WHY?

It is not conceivable that an intelligent person as he is made out to be would think that a twenty year affair was grounds for saving a marriage, THERE WAS NO MARRIAGE.

It was always a silly story when RG did it, this effort didn’t improve the silliness.

BigbottomwatcherBigbottomwatcherabout 3 years ago

Nice twist. Still that stab... How could she think that?

YouamiYouamiabout 3 years ago

Loved your perspective on RGs classic...Rob deserved a real form of retribution for the betrayal

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 3 years ago

Surprised he didn’t change Karen’s name to Traci.

Flar1958Flar1958about 3 years ago
Nothing new

Wasted time to read

KayaknhKayaknhabout 3 years ago
I had so much faith in you

I thought you would fix a horrible story. And it started out so well with Phillipe's 'coincidental' death. But all downhill after that.

MC host the bastard's family and allows a decrepit old batch to yell at him about male ego. So trite.

Then he simply divorces his cunt wife. Bleh.

kelchakelchaabout 3 years ago
Perfect Ending

I guess evil does not recognize itself if covered by the delusion of love.

What kind of poison did he use to kill the prick artist?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Why does he even talk to her? What is there to talk about? There are no answers for what she did, and the person that could do that for 20 years would never change.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I any of the stories variations.

The moment if it was me seeing his masterpiece of my naked wife from decades before.

I would have destroyed that painting.

And as many lives involved as possible.

There was no mercy given and none earned.

Bh76Bh76about 3 years ago

You had me until he bought the painting. He burned fifty grand to help them after all that.

RePhilRePhilabout 3 years ago
Read better

There are many better renditions of this story where the husband isn’t some Wimp Ass Castrated Cuckold who’s only response is to give 50k to a whore for a painting. Seriously dude at least give your characters a single testicle if not a full set!! Please!! Great writing as usual just a terrible character

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 3 years ago

In this version, the guy showed some gumption. It just seems odd that he allowed the wife's lover's family to take over his home. This is a more satisfying result than the original.

6ulprsn6ulprsnabout 3 years ago

Original story was much better. I’ll never understand why he stayed around after the feds told him about his wife.

TajfaTajfaabout 3 years ago

Very good and 5 stars but the ending seemed to be very quick after a solid story. I thought he might have wired up the gallery for sound and played the whole conversation to the guests. He only played her a bit of the conversation - the rest would have devastated her as would knowing about the burning of the painting. Also what happened to her after the divorce?

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 3 years ago
Sorry Hooked but this was NOT an improvement

If this was a rewrite, then why oh why didn't you make the husband have a backbone?

He finds out his wife has been a cheating slut for 20 years. Does NOTHING. Then we are expected to believe that he grows balls and poisons the arsehole painter. A tad drastic but believable. Until you read the rest of the story.

The arseholes wife arrives and hands him "THE PAINTING" and here you stick with the weak, disgusting, pathetic husband used in almost all the other rewrites.

You are shocked... but do NOTHING. Your slut wife was away. Why the fuck didn't didn't you, as soon as the Canadian bitch wife left, buy paint stripper and coat that fucking painting, destroying it? Perhaps using a sharp knife to slash the remnants? No, you pathetic piece-of-shit again does NOTHING. Just gives it to his cheating slut wife and cries like a baby. Nothing wrong with being emotional but he bought all this on himself by being weak and stupid.

But the worst thing was allowing that Canadian arseholes family to all come and stay at your family home! The whole lot of them! Kicking you out of your little room you had retreated to. Plus you accepted all this willingly. How retarded are you? (The husband, I mean)

The whole issue of your sons NOT telling you anything about your slut wife's adventures... well, you really showed you true colours then. "Don't worry, boys, I forgive you". Jeez, have you no morals or strength of character at all? No way would this sack of shit have the balls to "poison" the arsehole artist. It doesn't match.

Oh, if he did get a large bonus, before the divorce, his slut wife would get a part of it also. You had the opportunity to fix the failings of the original story (Well, depends on you POV, I suppose) but at least not have him as a spineless turnip type. Sadly, you didn't.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

It was okay, but I expected something more incendiary from you.

Karen's betrayal was so extreme, with her 20 year affair wrecking his relationship with the two sons, that Karen deserved an extreme BtB. In this version, he divorces her but there's no real payback for what she did to him.

Revealing that Philippe never really loved her was pretty weak and just confirmed that she was a stupid, naive slut. That conversation was also obviously bravado from Philippe's behalf. You don't live with a woman and have an ongoing 20-year affair without developing serious feelings for her. The loving post-coital portrait spoke volumes about how he felt towards his muse.

The best ending to Another Love is still Vandemonium's. I don't think that version can be beaten.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Waste of time and the ending just drives home how pathetic the main character really was. Spend $50,000 to buy the painting of his wife helping out the people that helped cuckold him and then destroy it was a pussy move. I would have taken a knife to it after Avril delivered it and before Karen go home. Let her see it destroyed like she distorted the marriage.

Should have served the slut with divorce papers after the meeting with her lover, ideal time would have been during Canadian Thanksgiving in front of every member of both families.

TeslerTeslerabout 3 years ago

I liked the original. I loved the rewrite. Great story.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

One thing I would have included just after the women heard Phillippe's declaration of all women, and Karen in general, being whores: [i]""Oh, and just so you two know, that was recorded the day he had his fatal stroke. I was right there and watched that fucker take his last breath. Watching him die in confused agony, right after laughing about what fools were has become the highlight of my life. So, ladies, when you look into my eyes, please feel free to see that sorry fuck dying and know that I never lifted a hand to help him or even dial 911."

.

Very well-written story!!!! I cannot imagine running a high-level project while dealing with this shit, and you captured that reality very well, weaving it into the story as you did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Fortunately you did not get paid for this

This is so close to plagiarism as to be improper had you received pay even if credit had been given the original author.

You said a ‘stand alone rendition’ . No only small. Inconsequential changes were made.

I enjoyed reading again the story and as you said in your foreword it evokes heavy feelings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Nope.

I like most of your work but this isn’t good. No sense of justice. No hope for happiness. Writing is good, story was horrible. There is nothing enjoyable in this story. Sorry but I know you’ll do better next time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Nice work!

This is far and away the best version of this story. Well written and believable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I enjoyed your slant on this tale. Of course back ground checks and affair would be discovered. Great job!

painkllrrrpainkllrrrabout 3 years ago

I liked it this version a little more than RG (another favorite) but just a "little" more :-)

I was really hoping for the "stroke" the scumbag had was somehow induced by Rob, but that's just me thinking evil thoughts.

I do like how you added the twist where Rob was able to get the scumbag to admit he never loved Karen & thought of her as a whore and then played it for her, shattering her illusion of all those "romantic" memories they had together. Guess the old adage that "reality sucks..." applies to her loving relationship with the scumbag...

Great work (as always) B&K

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

Feels like a lot copied from the original and at least one of the follow-ups.

/

"She assumed that I knew of the relationship and approved." - Why would she assume that?

/

"What do I have to do for you to forgive me?" - Nothing, because what she did was unforgivable.

/

He "couldn't" attend Christmas? Would he have even if he could?

/

"Your small male ego just won't let you see the truth." - Of course her BIG female ego at having her artist lover had NOTHING to do with anything.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

IMHO this version of 'Another Love', from Robert's POV, ranks right up there with Richard Gerald's original story.

Getting Robert's side of the tale was great. Dumont's death was a nice added bonus. The way he and his sons were able to reconcile was also good. The part when Robert played Dumont's view of Karen for her and Avril was, very, Sweet!!

A fine addition to the follow-ups to RG's original work.

Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
What the heck was that???

I loved a lot of stories done by Hooked1957, so when I saw his name on the "new stories category" I was happy -- but this one just confused me. I think I was more excited reading about the dumb wimpy husband's engine project than the main story. I loved the original story much much better. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
re hash not worth reading

Should have destroyed the painting immediately, as soon as it came in the door, dumped the slut and never spoke to the sons again. Someone else wrote a sequel that ruined the painter and his family. Much better, no need for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
"Fragile male ego"

It's a shaming tactic using loaded language. It's always a red flag, and a sign of manipulation. Every single time you hear that phrase, be wary.

Even stupid women, who don't know WHY it works, do know it works. Women pride themselves differently than men. It's as simple as that. How society valued men and women are different. Attacking a man's ego is far more effective than doing it to a woman. A woman can easily find a mate, she is the selector. She has no pride in this area as a result. A man needs to attract a mate, he builds a TON of values and skills to do so.

But a woman's pride is tied up in a few things. Her looks. Her age. Her status in society. Men don't value their looks, their age, their station in society. A man can be a whore, and live well...like that french painter. Whereas men work hard for their ego, women do not. They work very hard at other things though. Shaming a man's ego is a good way to manipulate him.

He took away her status somewhat, his penis didn't get hard for her, and he dumped her. Her selected mate decided she wasn't worth anything. That hurt her. So she lashed out.

When men and women meet each other halfway, wonderful relationships occur. Marriage wan an attempt to do that. She ignored his values for years, without him knowing. She deserves every sad lonely night she gets from on.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

You did an excellent job on this one, equally as good as the original. How he found out about the affair was a very ingenious plot twist and how the characters developed and their stories ran out, perfect. It would have been nice if Karen and Avril had bothered to ask how/where he got the recording. THAT would have been an interesting revelation, especially the timing. Again, well done! 5*

Tootight1Tootight1about 3 years ago
not enough

Seems like there is something missing. Some self reflection on hubby's part, to try and justify, or find reason. Just a divorce, oh hell no, I would want my pound of flesh. This wasn't a mistake, a one time thing, no not enough.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nice, but Karen and theot of them should suffer more . 20 years of cheating come on!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Honestly, meh. It wasn't any better than the original nor did it break new ground. He was betrayed for 20 years, the wife ruined his relationship with his sons, he just let's her run roughshod over him by having the family there, Averill. Why? Why is he even there? What's the point, he is divorcing her anyway. Get an apartment and completely divest himself. Honestly, the whole thing never made any sense to me at all. Who stays in that house after that?

GutsandgloryGutsandgloryabout 3 years ago
The original

Had me yelling at the screen, this one did too

Instead of implying that he burned the painting, he should have destroyed it. On thanksgiving, which his whole family there and then kicked them all out.

Enjoyed the read, 5*

jaythemanjaythemanabout 3 years ago
Saddest Story on Literotica

For me, this is the saddest story. I did enjoy your effort, but would have liked to read more fallout. Also, Karen saying ok, ok, I get it does not show that she really got it. There needed to be more description of how she really came to understand what she did. The husband was too nice and accommodating to the family and should have found a way to ruin the exhibition. I did like the husband being there to witness the stroke. It was not clear whether he played a part in the stroke other than his presence.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
The RG story

is only a classic in the sense that it represents a museum quality example of writing husbands as weak, needy, demi-men. This version is scarcely better. It takes our warrior/engineer months to confront the slut? He doesn't destroy the painting in front of Karen and Avril? He allows Karen to stay in the house and for the pig's family to visit for Canadian Thanksgiving, and he considers going to their home for Christmas? He pays the slimy Canadian's widow $50k for the painting when he should have torn it in 2 and told them he was taking half as part of his community property settlement ?

And this, too?

"Please, Rob. For Avril. For Phillippe. For me. Don't fight this."

"Wow. That went right over Karen's head. She didn't even take a breath or blush. I turned and walked out of the room. The small chance we had of continuing this marriage just went away."

What kind of weak cunt of a man would ever remotely have considered continuing being Karen's cuck?

In over 90% of the stories here men are written by authors are either cum slurping cucks who get off on watching their wives fucked or passed around or weak, needy, indecisive men who will RAAC or consider it no matter what the slut wife has done.

I find it fascinating that most authors here can't write credible male characters. In fact, I think most resent real men because they aren't.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyabout 3 years ago

I liked the original story and greatly appreciate the direction you’ve taken.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Slash the painting in front of them

While this has the same flavor as the original, I would like to have seen him slash the painting up in front of the wife and sister love. Then when all arrived, I would have had him get them all moved out in the middle of the night with a lot of police. Lastly told the grandmother she was so full of shit...

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

Good story, but your ending was too short and really didn't go into the price she paid. After the exposure neither son should have had anything to do with Karen, especially Kevin. Can you imagine the impact of a child excluding from his life because of your immoral actions(for years) and you never get to meet your grandchildren? Rob should also be able to find a new love. Karen should have financial troubles and eventually realize that yes, she was a whore/slut and that she threw away her family. Maybe she would end up homeless, or commit suicide. No one would miss her.

GriscomGriscomabout 3 years ago
Don’t know why

He didn’t just burn the painting when it came to the house instead of paying for it.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

This story wasn't much better than the horrid original. You lost me when Karen's gang showed up for Canadian Thanksgiving in HIS home and he didn't immediately kick all of them out. If there is a woman at deserved a very dark BTB story it was Karen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Crap

The problem with the original story was that from chapter 2 on the husband was made out to be a pathetic, ineffectual wimp who couldn't stand up for himself. Unfortunately, your protagonist was not much better. Why didn't he confront his wife when he first found out? Why did it take so long to file for divorce? Why didn't he get the lock changed on the "apartment" and refuse to give it up when Phillippe's relatives invaded his home? Why didn't he tell off the wife and Phillippe's relatives in a stronger, more satisfying manner?

One good point about the original story was that the manner in which the husband found out about the affair was believable and emotionally impactful. But your version was not believable. The government agents involved in performing a background check would never share information with a spouse as you depicted. And were we to understand that Robert murdered Phillippe by placing a poison in his drink that somehow simulated a stroke? How would Robert have gotten hold of such a poison, if one even existed?

Sorry. Although I didn't care for Richard Gerald's original story (not chapters 2-4, anyway), at least it was well written, and that is more than I can say for your version.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
cuck garbage

If a man is so blind he can't see a woman cheating on him for 20 years, he deserves every creampie he eats out of her hole.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Sad sad story. What wife can do that to her husband and expect him to forgive and forget?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good...but uneven....

Nitpick....there are no “1st Lt’s” in the US Navy 😎

The meeting between the cuck and Philippe was unclear WRT how P died. There was an implication the cuck had something to do with it, but no?

OK...by the time Avril show up with the painting, the cuck should have been ready to unleash hell. But instead, there transpires months of the cuck putting up with the Slut and her Canadian family! WTF?

Could have used a bit more of the cuck dealing with his sons.

Finally....how could he not torch the bitch?

Just uneven. 3***

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago
Darn good story! 5*****

The original was one of those stories that really got under my skin. The whole extended family knew and embraced the cheating while he remained in the dark. It makes me think that all artists are just trash, but of course that's a small exaggeration (smile). She got what she deserved and Avril lived the life that she deserved. Truly, truly a story of obscene betrayal.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago
One more thing

How did he resist the urge to raise the painting above his head and slam it down on (what, a wooden chair back, his knee, his foot, whatever). I would have done it right in front of Avril when she delivered it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Well

What a sorry ass wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
VERY WELL WRITTEN.............................................

Believable for the most part. I don't think I would have hosted Phillipe's family in my home under any circumstances. Karen would have just had to accept that my male pride required that I throw them the fuck out of my house when I came home to find them there. That includes the 95 year old grandmother.

My favorite part of this partcular story is the inference that our long suffering hero poisoned the philandering asshole.

Least favorite part is that he purchased the painting instead of simply destroying it as part of his own collection.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good Version - Rob’s character was bland

Richard Gerald’s plot, pacing and character development was excellent as usual. I with others did not like Rob accepting Karen and Avril as lovers in the story ending.

Hooked1957 kept the basic plot of Karen’s infidelity but changed the ending as Rob divorced Karen. I liked the decreased detail of the jet engine development. Richard really fell down the rabbit hole in his detail of the the engine design.

Hooked wrote Rob as more stoic and introverted than Richard. Many paragraphs were more like a news paper article than a man’s reaction to such a devastating betrayal. Hooked’s version was entertaining. Was nice to revisit a great plot idea and characters from Richard Gerald.

Thanks!

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 3 years ago

Outstanding! What else is there to say? I do wish you'd have spelled out just why Lover Boy had a stroke when Hubby was around. If Hubby gave him something it's only fitting the wife knows but can't prove anything.

A well earned 5 stars from the Lowcountry.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobabout 3 years ago
I read this before

I think it must have been on Lush Stories.

LakeeriegoatguyLakeeriegoatguyabout 3 years ago

I gave your story 4 stars.

In my mind I see a Navy man taking immediate action, as soon as he was in the know. I know, I know. It might seem petty, but the content is 99% of the story.

But,nI did appreciate the fact that your main character caused the death of his nemesis,, with no on ever knowing...

That must have been some good tea...

Thanks!!!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 3 years ago

He should have told the old lady, "I was there when your son died. When he knew who I was he had a stroke and took the easy way out like a coward. I watched the light go out in his disgusting eyes...It was very satisfying." She probably would have dropped dead. I hope he took a video of the burning of the painting and sent it to Karen and Avril. Maybe they would finally understand. Very good version. As a veteran, I hated the treatment Rob got in the original.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good shortened version.

Unless Billy the pilot was a marine flying off a navy carrier, he wasn’t a 1st lieutenant. In the navy a equivalent ranks to the army and air force are ensign-2nd lieutenant and lieutenant j.g.-1st lieutenant and lieutenant-captain. Thanks for the story.

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 3 years ago
Good story

I agree with carolinadreamer that Rob should have quietly informed Karen that he watched her lover die a painful death. I would have appreciated you telling us what caused the fatal stroke and if it was Rob doing it then have Rob whisper that to information to Phillippe just before he took his last breath.

skeeternyskeeternyabout 3 years ago

Great story!! I Liked your ending better than Richard Geralds.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
NOPE!

If someone in real life was such a weak willed pussy he would deserve whatever pain came his way. There is just no way anyone wouldn't have dumped the bitch and her sons once he found out what had happened.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

WTF!! She has her lovers whole family to his house for Thanksgiving and he does nothing????? When the motherfucker's mother berates him for his male ego again in HIS home. I would have broken the old bitch's jaw and thrown her ass to the curb. The jail time would be worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I agree

I truly love a story that makes me yell at the computer and I actually have a hate for a character, some stories are so great that I feel that there is never enough revenge.

Well Done

Mesaazbear73

LakeeriegoatguyLakeeriegoatguyabout 3 years ago

I gave your story 4, because, in my mind a Navy man would have taken immediate action, but I guess you have to fill the story out some how.

Great rendition of the original.

At the end it dawned on me that he had murdered his nemesis with no one ever knowing...

Thanks!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
understand what!!!

if seperated for four years, why should the painting stand for anything? LOVE slap hapy papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
well done

well done

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 3 years ago

this one didn't seem up to your normal standards

bribenkbribenkabout 3 years ago

this was just unnecessary. It added nothing the canon this story inspired. What was the point of writing this?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I didnt like it.

I dont see much difference between the stories. Both give Rob waaay to much tolerance for bs. ... Especially letting the DuMontes stay at his house. You gave almost no time to his sons. At least in the first version there was a bit of BTB and crimes against the DuMontes. I thought Phillipes confession very implausible. Who confides sexual matters to a stranger? Except for the recorded confession it just seemed like an edited, shorter version.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 3 years ago

While technically decent, I could not get into your version emotionally like I died with the original.

A 3.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

If you want the best follow up to the original story check out the one written by Vandemonium1. The Aussie is the best writer on Lit for being able to write stories about men with brains and balls and they're not afraid to prove it. Much to the dismay and regret of cheating wives and their lovers. Vandemonium1 runs a cuck free zone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Very well done

He needed to be stronger and she needed to know that he destroyed the painting, he should have done that when he first saw it!

saxman1947saxman1947about 3 years ago
@carolinadreamer

I think the countdown and his attitude was enough. Also, the scene at the breakfast table was another big clue. "He would still be fucking her if I hadn't found out". Grandmere says, "And if he hadn't died." MC says quietly, as if it didn't need to be said, "Yeah, that, too." In his mind, finding out about the affair, and Phillipe's death were already connected.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Took him long enough

At least he got her gone.

Kudos for having him face the prick as he died. I don’t think the painting would have lasted five minutes after Avril walked out the door and the sons would have been disowned five minutes after that. Get a young wife and start a new family to replace the traitors. Fuckemall.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

No matter how hard you stroke the ego of men who adore their manhood, the insecurity within remained intact. Also, don't expect to extract a good tasty juice from a rotten apple.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
hmm

no real revenge at all.

Divorce meant nothing to her, she was already gone. He just paid the bills.

Rocky62Rocky62about 3 years ago

Hey sorry ass wimp anony commenter.... did u not figure out that Dumont was slipped a chemical to induce a cardiac event? Wimps probably dont commit murder

Bebop3Bebop3about 3 years ago

I'm so confused. If you're going to slightly re-write the story, why on Earth would you not remove the lethargy from the MC and give him some testosterone? Why wouldn't he destroy the painting soon after receiving it? Why would he let his house be used for the Canadian Thanksgiving? Why would he not have her served immediately?

.

The most significant issue with the original story was that RG presented a main character that was emotionally neutered and behaved as few men in the history of the world would. He lacked any animus, was a complete punching bag and it feels like RG considered him heroic for some reason. If that's not what is changed, why bother with a re-write?

njlaurennjlaurenabout 3 years ago
I agree with Harry

The fatal flaw in this is the husband seems almost autistic, devoid of emotion, he finds out the horrible truth and it is like he is disassembling a jet engine.Engineers can be nerdy and geeky but most of them are not emotionless.

The other problem is Karen. She finds out she was no more than a whore to Philippe, yet she keeps the painting,then agrees to sell it to help Avril,knowing she basically helped destroy her marriage? And why would hubby waste 50k to buy a painting to help Avril,even if he burns it? The other thing is she makes no sense, if she thinks hubby is such a great father and husband, how the hell does she basically turn her son's against him like that?

The worst part is after Karen finds out the wreckage she left behind,the damage she did to her son, the best she can she is I was a stupid,selfish woman? She is either the most cold,conceited woman who ever walked the earth or this makes no sense. At the very least she would truly apologize for what she did and that she had no excuse, and in the process hurt him and her family horribly. She never apologizes really,she never asks for forgiveness or gives him any reason to forgive, yet you assume there was some love there. More importantly she never explains why and how she did what she did, she talks to a shrink but cannot figure out how she do fucked up? Even Martian Slut Ray women have more character than this.

I also always hated that his family would defend Phillipe as loving Karen,when they knew he was a womanizer,and claiming he stayed with Karen.Avril knew Philippe had a wandering eye,why would she fool.herself like that? His family knows what he is,I am sure, yet they don't say what Phillipe did was wrong? Someone there would of.

He is very quick to forgive his sons. Sure when they are kids I can see keeping quiet, but when they hit their teens they wouldn't realize how fucked up mom was, and especially as adults...yet they blame dad,not mom.

It has the bones to make the original better but the ending sucked the life out of it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
didnt like it at all

bitch needed to get ruined and all involved needed to be made irrelevant, She would have come home to a painting in pieces and a story about her deceit and whoring ways made public. As for the boys. well they picked their side and would have to live with it. lot easier to start over with no baggage. Hard to have a Canadian Thanksgiving at a location that has burned to the ground. Ex navy......thank god he sat in the back seat. If people with his ability to take action were to be in the front seat we would all be speaking german. He would be perfect for a position in the state department. Talk, plan, think make a plan and accomplish absolutely nothing.

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 3 years ago
Just one thing didn't fit.

There was no reason/motivation for Karen pulling the painting from the showing.

From the moral point of view, it didn't deserve public exhibition, and other authors took pains to destroy or remove it.

So why, @hooked1957, did you not come up with a compelling reason for Karen pulling it? Perhaps overcoming the girl's compulsion to show it was impossible with your storyline?

At least you killed it off in the barbeque at the end, though it wasn't clear that the kids knew nor Karen would learn of its destruction.

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago
A good story right up till the end

It's your story of course, but I would have let her have her revered showing then played the recording over the loud speaker while all were oohing and ahing over her painting. That is revenge. And she would also have been the guest of honor at the unveiling at fire pit barbeque. You see, there could NEVER be enough revenge for what she did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Loved this story.

Glad someone finally destroyed the painting but it would have been better if Karen was there at the great burning so she could see the proof of her adultery destroyed in the cleansing fire.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago
Not as painful

The original left a nasty taste in my mind. Somewhat similar to "February Sucks", but your version although still nasty, easies the burden.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well written but several things bother me. FIrst Du Monte died in front of Rob... He obviously had done something. His wife should have been told he got revenge and killed the sorry bastard. second, when he found the painting hidden under a quilt in that closet , he should have destroyed it then NOT years later. A simple acid and a paint scraper would have rendered it a mess for his wife to find later.

Three.mwhen all du montes family showed up he should have said, you all were party to the destruction of my marriage so except for my boys, the rest of you have five minutes to get the fuck out of my house.

Instead he rolled over except to divorce the bitch even after all the women ( his wife, a rail, even the 92 year old mother) told him how he was of course a cuck and should get on with it and accept it. And not let his frail male ego bother him too much.

4 stars

GAmblnluck

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 3 years ago
Counting Down ...

Hubby’s count-down, although silent and unlikely (poison is not THAT dependable, at least until the overt signs start) was much more than inferential. A wonderful and consistent-with-original addition to this great tale. Agree with the comment re: getting less into the Persephone weeds was a good choice.

5*

Rolando1225Rolando1225about 3 years ago
Nice story

Nice story, but it misses the fact that the original story sadly was a love story born from infidelity that occurred along side a seemingly dull marriage story. Sadly Rob maybe have not been happy in the marriage, but was contend until he learns the truth about his marriage.

RichardGerald is a very gifted writer. He can develop a plot like very few authors here. Unfortunately, he hates to BTB and there is not much you can do to get back at the cheating wife after 20 years excluding slow and prolonged strangulation. She may have loved her husband, but she was clearly in love with Phillippe. The right decision would have been to divorce Rob and tried to have some sort of relationship with Phillippe, but she needed the financial stability given by Rob, and Phillippe never offered her more than his time and love. The cuckolding was unnecessary, selfish and too extensive to allow any marriage to survive. How can Rob trust a woman who has been untrustworthy and a cheater for over 20 years. Impossible. Hooked 1957 is a different story based on the plot of "Another Love" I liked the new story too. I agree that his Rob has a stiffer spine than the original one. Thanks for it.

Pondering2Pondering2about 3 years ago
Enjoyed it

A couple of poisonings here! Phillippe as well as his memories. Best kind of btb when the cheaters perception of events are soiled. I was screaming in my head for the recording to be played for the whole family. To bad we didn't read about grandma hearing it directly

Thank you.

The original is fantastic/ frustrating read and should be enjoyed

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous