All Comments on 'Another Love, Not'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 362 Comments (Page 3)
NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

Like I commented on the original; He should have thrown the whole lot of fucking Canucks OUT on TXgiving. This author let them in. He should have burned the painting in the living room in front of the 2 whores.

He needs to tell Karen he killed "St Pierre duDickhead" before she dies... HAHAHAHA

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
At the VERY LEAST kick the family in his apartment out. Their kids aren’t his responsibility.

He was leaving Karen with the run of the main house, so if she invited someone over... well he never said she couldn’t. Hell, Avril stayed over. But to put them inside HIS apartment? No sir. And IF he felt bad for the children, then either get them a fucking hotel room somewhere, or take a hotel room for himself. You don’t go and sleep with the friggin’ enemy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Third-rate rewrite of Richard Gerald's original. There is no attempt to continue or 'finish' the story. It's basically just a wholescale copy and paste of the original text with a macho BTB twist at the end. Shameful.

LA

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Skimmed it again. Bit of a bore but at least he left her. Gave it a decent rating for that reason.

Ghost’em all. Get a young Pinay wife and make some more.

1Merlin1Merlinover 2 years ago

I guess if you can't literally burn the bitch a $50,000 portrait would make the point symbolically.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Only average it took a lot of the original without improving it. Hinting that Rob killed Phillipe but he never owned it.

He should have told them he recorded that minutes before his stroke and at least had the satisfaction of looking him in the eye when he knew I would outlive him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just another crappy rendition of a crappy story. Old dumb ass hubby wusses out.

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

Like the story but not sure how he did Phillippe in, not a visible beam laser but apparently something to heat up his brain.

Maybe it was good ole Traci put the heat to him ......

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Well written and I liked how this version turned out. I am mostly RAAC but in the original Karen really needed to get burned

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I wouldn't have spent the money buying a painting of an ex-wife or an ex-whore. Let her memories keep her warm at night. She deserves no better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lol. Where are this psychopath residing? All this talking is bullshit. 20 years of deceiving and disrespect. Take a gun and finish the Phillipe demont clan in front his eyes and make Karen transfered to whore house in Africa. Visit her after 5 years and ask how she is doing. Tell her you still love her and ask her if she can be a maid in his home to escape from whore house.

msdaniemsdanieover 2 years ago

Got to say I like your version better than RG's version. I think RG is probably a born cuckold. As a matter of fact I don't know if I will ever read any of his stories a gain. Guess I don't believe in forgiving cheating women, or men that knowingly screw married women. Yeah it happened to me and her clothes were on the street before she came home. (If I had stink bait then it would have been in with the clothes.)

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63over 2 years ago

Much better than the original!

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

Frankly, I don't understand any of his responses to his wife. I would have destroyed the painting in the beginning when it was first brought to the house. I would have thrown the wife out, and I would never have let her lover's family into his house. That was so bizarre and absurd. Why was he so accepting of Avril.

I also don't understand why the decision to divorce took so long. Also, why he waited so long to share the recording with his wife. It would have destroyed her, and brought the reality of it out much sooner.

I could not relate at all to his reactions and responses. This was a huge betrayal by both the wife and his children and yet he really did nothing for the longest period of time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

First off he should have burned the picture of his wife when Phillippe’s family visited them at Thanksgiving. That would have made everyone understand how badly he felt about the 20 year affair. Phillippe’s entire family knew that Karen was cheating on her husband with Phillippe. Also he should have paid an arsonist to torch Phillipe’s paintings when they were being shipped. The only things that Phillippe cared about were his paintings. By destroying them, he would destroy Phillippe’s legacy. The burning of the picture without his wife or Avril knowing is anticlimactic.

As for his oldest son, I would have disowned him since he failed to stop the affair when the son was oldest enough to know that it was wrong. As for either son committing suicide because of their divorce, that is total on Karen. Karen hid the affair for 20 years so Karen knew that her husband would divorce her when he found out about the affair but she never stopped.

Now I think that arrogant Phillippe didn’t suffer enough. He only suffered for the last few seconds of his life when Phillippe realized that he had poisoned him! I think someone like Phillippe would suffer significantly more if his dick and balls had been cutoff! Phillippe would have probably committed suicide later.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As many have said before, I cannot understand why he didn’t either deface the painting or ultimately destroy it. It would have been one of the first responses anyone would have had.

Otherwise a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The artistic license of this version is definitely worth the read. The multiple versions of this story and another- February Sucks- sometimes show great imagination. Some even approach literature. The burning of the painting and the secret recording make this one most imaginative indeed. Except in reality, that recording would have gone quickly to the divorce attorney, while accepting the integration of his family into the lover's family would never have happened. Estrangement from his ex-wife and adult children would likely be permanent. He would have been young enough at 50 to get another relationship and start again or adopt a single mother's children.

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

What I particularly enjoyed about this version was the adherence to integrity as the husband's prime core motivation. The husband is portrayed as a mature and brilliant man who when faced with an impossible and continued betrayal, carefully and with decency separates himself from his slut of a wife who betrayed him for over 20 years The author further uses the tale to investigate the core issues involved in a successful marriage. Further, sticks to his core story not getting lost in a series of fruitless rabbit trails like other add-on versions.

Simple, direct, and poignant...the written word doesn't get much better than this. Congratulations Hooked1957 on a job well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I wish he had instead took away the painters abilities and let him live with it. But hey, he died and Karen got to find out she was just a warm sheathe for painters penis ego. Better than a punch in the nose. He got close to his dotage because of her disgustingness though with a facade of a life.

CimenRunarCimenRunarabout 2 years ago

Great alternative ending to what was a great original 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Like the original, a total piece of shit. Our hero, once he found out, was a total pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
5*

I rated your story highly for it's story telling, but i disagree with some things.

I could tolerate Karen still in the house whilst he prepares for the divorce papers, but we wouldn't talk/touch or be in the same room together, I'd be clear on that.

Avril would of left the house after explaining her side of the story and leaving the painting where he put t down, I'd then hide it or simply destroy it straight away as it would be the start of revenge for me.

As for the family coming for thanksgiving...nah none of that shit, everyone out of that house the same day, this isn't some get together to have fun, this is the family of the man that took his wife and no one cared about it lol nope, straight out nope, he's not 'away' anymore so that needed to be set differently.

the talk with the grandmother, Avril and Karen wouldn't of happened so all that disrespect wouldn't of been said, but if it did, then handle it with asking both of them if I would of done it instead?

the marriage should of ended long before the completion of the engine, but i can see the need to focus on work than the marriage, so great writing with that.

as for the sons...well in my heated mind right now, I'd of disowned them, at least for a few years, loyalty to family is a must, kids will always ask the strangest questions, they will throw tantrums etc so Im shocked both of them didn't say something to him sooner, as for the oldest id of fucked up his marriage. even though he's my son, for 20years they kept this a secret...full revenge.

as for the prick, well as one of the commenters said I'd break his fingers first then slip him the drug to induce a heart attack, he didn't care one bit so why should he?

ResmiHardin

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

still too tame for that massive fuckup she made his life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

How he doesn't kill her after 20 years of playing the whore I don't know. Pathetic and messed up characters created an unpleasant picture. Having Phillipe be a pussy hound didn't help the story. There were exactly zero likable characters in this mess, which, in turn, created an unlikable story.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 2 years ago

What a crock. Soft spoken, never providing any statement correction, meekly accepting the abuse. Just pure crap, just as stupid and worthless as the original. Maybe this author and the original can hold hands and go for some romantic walks soon. It will all work out of course,they can each bend over.

MartyMBMartyMBalmost 2 years ago

I believe you have written a very good short version. Now I'm going to have to re-read RG's original.

Your creation was a lot easier for me to get through, though. Reading the original, I was so sad for Rob and so pissed at Karen and Avril, who seemed to believe that getting Rob to sleep with both of them absolved Karen's infidelity, and only time let me get passed it. On the other hand, this story is missing a lot of raw emotion. (On the other other hand, a summary has to leave some things out. My memory could be wrong, but I don't recall Rob meeting Phillippe and witnessing Phillippe's death.)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Terrible

He kept putting up with shit and more shit.

Especially when they all showed up and totally disrespected him. Kicked them all out then and I would have given you two stars.

Wimpy unknowing cuckold one thing but after finding out. Hell no USMC

MarkT63MarkT63almost 2 years ago

He was WAY too easy on the slut..

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

Why there's no rank 6 for extraordinary work?

A very sad story about a stupid wifewho thought she can have it all.

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 2 years ago

What was he waiting for? From the moment he was briefed by the FBI the die was cast. Nice touch with the special tea. Luckily there was no autopsy. Serve the betraying adultress. Destroy the painting. Move out of the house to the Lab or a dorm room. Finish the project. Update the kids with the truth. Move on. Easy/Peasy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well I'm afraid Rob needed to just stay with Karen... he actually deserved all he got and more... he found out about her and actually allowed all the scoundrels that conspired with her to come stay at his home while he slept with his wife and Avril... he is one stupid cuck and will always be... though, he's sounds like a good engineer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ok. Just when I think I can’t possibly have a lower opinion of the French, something like this comes along. “ Moral rot” was what they caused it, giving up in WW2 without a fight. Almost getting the whole British expeditionary force, who was over there defending them, captured. But moral rot perfectly describes the crap in this story. Adult leadership openly defending the betrayal and disgusting behavior, of the painter frog and his slut. NOBODY takes 20 years away from a man, and expects him to take it. I hope he did actually kick the bitch to the curb.

Ps- your saving grace, was the husband poisoning the French pig. 4 stars, on that alone!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good fix for a terribly flawed and sad original story. Thanks, Hooked! Five stars ⭐️ for this one.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"All those positions and those moves that she told you she learned from reading books." - Heh, that's what I say that the cheating wives should say when they're afraid to use new positions and moves with their husbands.

\

"He blamed himself for us divorcing" - To an extent he should! If he had told his father at the beginning, he maybe could have saved the marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As the MC,i would have burned everything and everyone to the ground. Also,i would have arranged for both whores to be permanently disfigured.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just another 3rd rate copy of a not very good original. This is so close to the original it was not worth writing. Of course, almost all of the variations are so close to the original, you can hardly tell them apart.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"Just when I think I can’t possibly have a lower opinion of the French"

Maybe you should form your opinions from sources that amount to more than clichés, then.

"giving up in WW2 without a fight."

The French soldiers and aviators inflicted more losses on the Germans during the Battle of France than the English did during the Battle of England. And did it without the protection of the Channel or the Hitler's sympathy for the Anglo-Saxons that led him to hold back Von Rundstedt’d Heeresgruppe armoured divisions from slaughtering the expeditionary Corp hemmed in at Dunkirk. Oh, and let's not forget the lend-lease from the Americans.

"Almost getting the whole British expeditionary force, who was over there defending them"

It was fleeing without a fight, cataclysmic cretin.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Love it much better than Gerald's finish. Cheaters need to be punished to show the next generation the price for being unfaithful.

WoodencavWoodencavover 1 year ago

A copy with a different twist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beautiful! Magnifique! Superb!

sf1134sf1134over 1 year ago

Your writing stood on the shoulders of a great story and fell off face first! How do you explain about 90% cribbing and then fall so short? If I were you I’d think long and hard before trying to “improve” a superior author's work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was slightly better than the original story, IMO, but the protagonist still came off as being rather weak. Why didn't he throw the freeloaders out of his apartment and call a locksmith to change the locks? Or at least move out to a hotel, while searching for an apartment? And why did he wait so long to have divorce papers served?

secretsalsecretsalover 1 year ago

LTW is at his best when doing his own stories. Both this and the FebSucks rewrite fall flat a bit, despite the writing chops. Just feels like two people talking entirely different languages here, and it gets tiring pretty fast.

secretsalsecretsalover 1 year ago

Oops, thought I was browsing LTW's stories for some reason. Should get some sleep. The tone of the story makes more sense now.

secretsalsecretsalover 1 year ago

Oops, thought I was browsing LTW's stories for some reason. Should get some sleep. The tone of the story makes more sense now.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

I was raised speaking French, it was my first language. I don't know where this notion comes from that French men and women all accept open marriages and don't mind extramarital affairs. Literature and cultural stereotype propagate these myths despite hard evidence suggesting otherwise. Anyway, even if the mainland French people may hold more relaxed opinions on extramarital sex, the quebecois generally do not. It tends to be an issue for a culture extremely formed by Catholicism.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Awful story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I still don't understand why he did not destroy the painting when it was opened in the house. I would have said Hold on". Went to the kitchen, got a large carving knife, held it down to the side of me and then walked up to the painting and sliced and lashed into it before the woman could react. I would have then cut the what was left of the picture out and burnt it leaving the frame behind. Finally I would have said to both his wife and my soon to be ex-wife, destroying that panting will be the same as what will happen to our so called marriage and his death. I hope you choke on it. Finally if anything of his ends up in this house whilst I am living in it and I find it, it will be destroyed. Karen you are one of the most selfish persons I know. If you resist this divorce I will put your heinous acts on face book, the papers and anywhere else I can think of so others can make an informed decision as to your moral ways, or in your case 20 years of immoral and kniving ways. One thing I do not understand is if the French git was teaching his wife all these sex acts how come the husband never noticed. Many adulteries have been found out as one of the spouses did things new to one of the spouses never undertaken before as they did it naturally. I am sure Karen would never have been able to hold back for her teachings from what the French git said. I would have gone through all her clothes and anything with a French label on them I would have destroyed, especially any knickers, bras, basques stockings etcetera.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is better than the original story but still has bits hat I cannot believe. He should have divorced her as soon as he found out ad told her to stay with her lovers family and don't come home. As said previous comments, shove everything on face book or wherever including Karen's family, saying he was divorcing his Karen due her 20 year affair. YES 20 YEAR AFFAIR!

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

This was rubbish. In many ways this mc was even worse than the original wuss. I guess this writer needed to take some lessons from the original trash He still needed to have divorce literally forced on him, as he continued to vacillate through most of this tale. What was the point of leaving the bedroom the first time if he was just going to go back and stay the next day? Still the same easily manipulated tongue tied non communicative idiot as the lriginal. Not an improvement, really a regression. Hard to descend fro the original, but It was managed .

JusteenKJusteenKover 1 year ago

The original story was challenging but misguided. This one is just poor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Many of the anonymous posters to this story reminds me of my mother in law. It's easy to tell everybody how to live their lives but has not one clue the best way to live her own. Everyo ne knows how the character ought to handle adversities but when it comes to their own, usually they fall into destructive ways to do it; drugs, drinking, self destruction, etc. Well told, one of the best endings. Thanks,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Expected you to change Karen’s name to Tracy. Lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Been married for 20 and she's been cheating for 20yrs🤣🤣🤣🤣.. the kids knew and approved.... what I'm not understanding is why he allowed his wife's liver family stay in his house? I don't understood this story.. if she's been cheating for 20yrs, doesn't that mean the kids might be her livers? She was fucking her lover more than her husband... I feel like he spent way too much time trying to explain to her what she did was wrong.. he spent too much talking to the other brain dead slut Avril... just entirely way too much talking.... once I found out the depth of the treachery and who all were complacent, conspired and helped her deceive my trust, love,wedding vows.. I'd be done with everyone... I am not ok with the kids knowing and keeping it a secret. What type of fuck'd up kids are they? I just didn't feel the anger there.. it was missing.... he found out his whole family, a ife and kids been lying, vetdaying and deceiving him for 20 years.. he didn't seem angry.. I don't know how he would be able to continue a relationship with his kids.. I wouldn't be able to trust them. They may have been young and didn't know better but 20yrs? Fuck all that nonsense

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

I think I can state categorically that this is the most cuckoldary story I've ever read. I mean talk about a fucking loser this bitch takes the cake and after all the shit be goes through post reveal HE DOES ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING.

And of course the other big Easter Egg are those fucking kids even his? And why the fuck would you forgive the assholes after the fact they knew and participated in the fucking affairs?

Seriously this story was like the author was saying fuck you to every read blooded male on the planet. I now see why your so intent on giving all your female characters 12 fucking orgasms it's because your nothing but a fucking little BITCH.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Like I wrote in the first story, the author should have consulted the NATOPS for the F14. The number one fuel cell feeds the engines, there is no reserve tank. The RIO, is the guy that sets in the back seat, he is an officer and I can flat guarantee you he will not get his hands dirty on a jet engine, just will not happen. Spent to many years working on fighter jets to ignore your glaring errors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Better that the original, but still bad. At tne end of the day, hubby never…ever…”manned up”.

.

Should have divorced the bitch as soon as her 20 year affair became known to him. Should have destroyed her with that recording about how her lover really felt about her immediately.

.

Instead he puts up with for fucking MONTHS even as she parades her betrayal like a badge of honor around the house. Good Lord…he even allowed her lover’s family into his house!

.

Nope….hubby still comes across as a wimpy cuck. Too late of a reaction, and too weak of one.

.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Burn the painting; APPLY THE AFTERBURNERS TO THE WIFE AND ALL OF PHILLIPES FAMILY.

AVRIL AND KAREN BOTH DESERVE STROKES, FIRST WITH A BASEBALL BAT, THEN…

robdh51robdh51over 1 year ago

For you who made the last few comments, did you actually even READ the story? Cause it sure looks like you didn't, based on your comments. Don't you get it? He didn't wimp out, he "manned up" and poisoned Phillippe at the cafe then watched him DIE! He took his time, gathered evidence beyond the FBI screening and acted when it became clear what the full story was and the fact that she had NO REMORSE.

As for the "reserve fuel tank" so what, it's called poetic license (for those who don't get it: "the freedom to depart from the facts of a matter or from the conventional rules of language when speaking or writing in order to create an effect"). By the way, mister "I read the NATOPS", the number 1 cell does NOT fuel the "engines". #1, 2, 4, the right wing tank and right external tank (If attached) feed the right engine, # 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, the left wing tank and left external tank (if attached) feed the left engine. I can read spec sheets too!

And he WAS an officer and the story clearly states he was in the backseat to catch a ride to an important meeting back on shore. It NEVER said he was the RIO. It also states he was an engine guy from the start.

Really people, read AND comprehend the story and THEN make relevant comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Honors the original, which is one of the ten best on this site. Well done!

rlrmiller1951rlrmiller1951over 1 year ago

ROBDH51 Thanks for explaining the facts of the story for all the confused mouth breathers out there who get confused by insignificant details. Honestly I have to wonder if most of the anonymous commenters have ever really been in true love with anyone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great punch line! One of my favourites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fuck yeah!!!

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 1 year ago

I wrote the following review as 'Anonymous' over a year ago, before creating an account. I am re-posting it, so it will be under my account name. I still feel the same as I did when I originally posted this.

-

"IMHO this version of 'Another Love', from Robert's POV, ranks right up there with Richard Gerald's original story.

Getting Robert's side of the tale was great. Dumont's death was a nice added bonus. The way he and his sons were able to reconcile was also good. The part when Robert played Dumont's view of Karen for her and Avril was, very, Sweet!!

A fine addition to the follow-ups to RG's original work.

Thank-you"

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is the best version after the original. Well, well done! Of course the best was playing back the recording to the evil pair. It would have been more satisfying however to have her sons walk away after it came out he didn't know. And his forgiving them seemed too passive given that they continued the deception will into adulthood. They didn't earn his forgiveness. My English cousins would have had very choice word for these people: "c**ts". Beautifully concise yet evocatively written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I never did like the French, or the French Canadians. They puff out their chests and act like a superpower, but in reality all they know is the word “ surrender” . During the battle of France in WW2, the French actually ended up with more front line aircraft when they surrendered, than the beginning of the battle. In Vietnam Nam, they pressured the US to allow them to take back possession of their colonies from the Japanese. And of course, they were defeated by a ragtag group of guerrilla’s, and once again, the US had to take over. We lost, because of France losing, and a North Vietnam coming into existence. Armed and supported by China and the USSR. The French also have no morals. So this story does not surprise me. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the only decent variants of this storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not nearly enough pay-back in light of the crime.

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Having

Having read how he let a load of complete strangers spend Thanksgiving in his home,instead of throwing them out,I can understand why his wife found him a wimp.A proper man would have thrown them and their belongings out,even if one of them was Ninety Five and his wife with them.As for his sons I don't agree with him having anything to do with them,they supported their mother,so when he divorced her,they should have gone too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Please, it's hard to believe a husband would except the deceit that his wife betrayed onto him for so very long, then getting the sons to betray their father and never let on what their mother was doing behind their father's back. That said, how does one not ever sense something not quite right in the family especially with the wife having to go away for so long so often but it is just a story after all.

ErotFanErotFanabout 1 year ago

Loved this! Five stars. It felt like a "tighter" story than the original.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Just another weak ass attempt at painting over the original piece of shit. It is no wonder the CUNT wife loved another asshole. Hubby was a clueless loser and in the end showed how weak he was. If he was a real man it would have been scorched earth for all of them. The CUNT would have found the same fate as her Asshole lover. The betrayal from his weak sissy boys should have made him forget them forever. But once a sissy always a sissy is how the story goes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Georgina has never written a classic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The original is compelling and interesting, yet the husband in it does not behave like someone with whom I would have sympathy or whom I would easily understand. There were gaps in his thoughts and actions, and in how he treated and spoke with his wife.

This retelling, re-imagining, of the tale "Another Love" is much more in line with how people I know would think and act, I believe. It is hard to be surprised by this story, it is easy to guess what you are getting, but it is still quite good, and has much that the original lacks.

Bravo

Five for you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Better than the original, but the character is still not consistent. Maybe some Supply Officer would be this passive, but not any man who was selected to be a flight engineer on a carrier.

Glad that they burned the painting. Even better if they had used it as kindling to burn the whores tied together at one stake!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Copying some else's work is outrageous.

sdthundersdthunderabout 1 year ago

My thoughts go to having her hang the painting and having her served in front of the painting on opening night of the exhibit!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Robert should have choked that whore (Karen) so she'd be in hell with her master (Phillipe). They belong together...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I debated between 3 & 4 stars before settling on 3. For a man who's such a leader, after finding about a 20yr adulterous relationship between his wife & Phillipe, he's actually mild mannered. Especially getting a painting of her nude that Phillipe painted. Then comes the further disrespect of an entire family coming to Rob's house for the Canadian Thanksgiving... that wasn't even discussed with him. The statements of his small male ego, of putting the painting as the main exhibit in the show, of being told the past should stay with the past, etc.,etc. Most of all, Rob being told that he wasn't around, so that's why Phillipe & Karen lived as man as wife, even though Rob's fighting in a war. Just the long term betrayal, & Karen wants to know if he could ever forgive her?

.... My thought, when he's belittled about his so-called male ego & Karen & Avril not understanding his sense of humiliation if the painting IS shown: He tells the families to wait a minute, goes into the bedroom where Karen hid the painting & returns with it. "This is my answer to your insults, betrayal, belittlements, & the rest, loving this painting that shows my so-called loving wife in a 20yr love relationship with a bastard name Phillipe." Then he takes the painting, to the shock of everyone, & destroys it. WHY he paid all that money for the painting is insane.

... Again, Rob's almost shown to be wimpish. Not what one would think of somebody in command. 3 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No...... He was too easy on them. One thing certain, I would have tossed the DuMonte family out of my home with prejudice. I would have destroyed the painting at first viewing. As to Avril, coming and staying.... no way... He is a pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Most appropriate and artistic piece of destruction. Quite inflammatory in fact.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

A good story, has some really good points that should make a reader think

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
1*

can't polish a turd.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

HUSBAND WAS A PATHETIC WIMPY CUCK!! NEITHER HIS WIFE NOR KIDS RESPECTED THE ASSHOLE!!

BIG TIME GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE SHOUKD GAVE KILLED HIMSELF!!

HE HAD NO BALLS TO DEAL WITH THEM PROPERLY EVEN AFYER FINDING PUT!! SHAMELESS CUCK!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

ROB IS AN ASSHOLE LIKE THIS CUCK AUTHOR

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I like the way this ended better, but still nowhere near enough punishment for the slut, whore wife. I do wonder what poison was used on Phillipe? Would have appreciated something more painful for the assholes end.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Interesting version, quite good, and a murderous husband included this time. Revenge, indeed.

This last page was powerful, and getting the slut to admit that Phillipe was more in her mind, a terrible (for our hero) part of that.

Good story

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Love the last four lines

WargamerWargamer10 months ago

Read again second time. Upgraded my score to 5/5 from 4/5

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Much better ending than the original.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Better than the original but still based on a truly heinous story. The wife Karen is one of the worst on this site and that includes some of the black widow types.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhino10 months ago

The "Canadian Thanksgiving" being held in his house seems out of kilter with the rest of the story. Why would he agree to a mob of complete strangers moving into his house, surely he would have stopped it before it happened, or at least kicked them out.

He should have defaced the portrait with paint and then stuck a knife through the centre of it.

He comes over as weak and indecisive, too wrapped up in his jet engine to seek retribution.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Fucki'n 'A' Hooked1957 man, had to go back to the original Richard G submission.

What a revelation!!

Keep it going, you could be heading to happiness and top scores on LIT.

Keep on going, you make Armageddon seem trivial. Burn the Lady Dog? naw, this one directs to burn all those delusional (metoo? ## 4Q them and everyone living on their side of the street) leeches? No more, I need to settle down now.. Hopefully a beautiful productive day tomorrow.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Better than the original POS story, but still weak. 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

You came up with the right outcome but told slightly differently to the original. 4*

Dobbin55

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

He was told by the feds about his wife months ago, yet no explanation of why he waited to divorce her which ends up making the whole story nonsensical.

DreddrasDreddras10 months ago

This quote sums up my problem with the original story (which I very much enjoyed, except for the highly implausible pt. 03):

*

"I knew Karen thought I was totally gullible and clueless, but this was beyond insulting: give the poor cuckold a couple of mercy fucks and everything would be okay."

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

With the exception of the taped conversation with Phillippe about Karen being essentially a whore, and the shortening of the jet engine's development which excluded the necessary second design, and the (very) abbreviated description of the final breakup of the marriage in a terse unemotional tone--this is almost totally a retelling of the original. It's written with skill--but it's practically a plagiarism of the original.

I kept waiting for the "NOT" aspect to appear. My anticipation was in vain.

Many of your other works are much more complete in their creation. Will go read them again.

MLJ

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHooked1957@Hooked1957
3360 Followers
Basic average guy in basic average America.