Another Saturday Night Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hey, you sharin?"

I gave her the once over, my mind was spinning like a top. What was she up to I wondered. I decided to reply.

"Only got one DP but there's water. Only have one sandwich but I'll split it with you. PBJ, like it or lump it."

Her face was expressionless as she answered, "Water is fine and I like PBJ, one of my comfort foods."

My mind was in a tail spin. Just what the hell was going on? Surely she wasn't trying to become friends, or worse, worm her way into my good graces so she could metaphorically kick me in the balls again. Was she? Watching her eat I had to admit that she was pretty and well put together. But could I not respond to her hatred of me with a like hatred of my own? date her? I made a decision then and there, I was not going to let her pull down to her level. We had finished eating as the teams warmed up. Looking at me she got serious.

"Your wife's name was Louise wasn't it? Louise Sanders."

I wasn't sure what to do, laugh at the audacity of her comment or cry because I missed my Louise so much. I simply nodded my head.

"I was such a bitch in the parking lot, it was wrong of me to think she had left you. Please accept my apology. We played against one another. In fact my youngest cousin plays second base and as a young girl was always a huge fan of your wife. I have to admit I don't have the patience to teach her, but your wife sure could have."

I had no idea how to respond so being a male through and through I said and did nothing. I felt badly when she stood and went to her original spot without saying a word. I had to admit, that was on me, the least I could have done was thank her for the apology. I paid close attention to her cousin playing second base, she reminded me a lot of how Louise played. She must have studied my wife a lot to know those things at the age of 19. With the game over I noticed Bree standing at the base of the bleachers as others left, apparently waiting for me. As I reached her I spoke.

"Thank you for the apology and compliments about Louise. That was kind of you."

Her response was not what I expected, "She was a great player. Can I buy you a beer to try and make up for my snarky attitude?"

I wasn't against it, but I was hungry more than I was thirsty. With guarded optimism I answered.

"That would be nice, but I need food rather than beer right now. Thanks for the offer though."

"Well, I was planning to stop at the Outlook for a beer and burger, feel free to join us if you like."

"Us?" I asked.

"Yeah. Me and the cousins are gonna stop to eat on the way home."

I wasn't sure I was ready to be ganged up by four women and declined. I told her maybe another time. She looked disappointed but accepted my reply. As she turned away she said.

"You going to Albertville next weekend?" I nodded. "Save me a spot." She said and was gone to be with the girls.

This sudden change was dizzying. Just what the hell was going on? When I got to town I stopped at a local watering hole for all you can eat chicken and a beer. Who should be there and waving me over but Butch and Cathy. Ginger was at the table in a flash to take my order and get me a Miller Lite. Butch looked at me and chuckled.

"So. Went from callin her a nasty mouthed whatever to sittin with her today huh?"

I stared at him in disbelief, "What the hell is wrong with this town? You're all a bunch of gossips."

Cathy put her hand on mine, "Nothing like that Leon. The only reason we know is because Bree called and asked if you didn't like black girls after you refused her invitation. Her talking with you was a huge step. That's the first time she's been friendly with any guy since she was taken advantage of by her professor. Believe me son, what she did was monumental."

"So what did you tell her?" I asked.

"I told her you were a straight shooter, that I've known you since you were a boy and have never had any inclination toward you being prejudiced that way. I also told her she needs to stop being the wicked witch of the west if she ever expects her miserable life to change."

Isn't it interesting how quickly a conversation ends when the food arrives. When Ginger picked up our plates, she asked how the meal was. Butch's answer made me laugh.

"You didn't see us talkin did you?"

Ginger smiled and punched him in the arm. Walking across the parking lot Cathy slipped her arm through mine and asked.

"So, what do you think?"

I was confused, "What do I think about what?"

"Come on Leon, you aren't that naïve. What do you think about Bree? She's cute isn't she?"

I stopped, not letting go of my arm Cathy stopped as well. Butch quipped, "Meet you at the car babe" and kept walking. I wasn't quite sure how to answer her.

"Yes, she's cute and has a nice figure, but let's face it, she and I are toxic together. I have no idea what makes her tick, I could never see it working. Besides she will probably want some black guy with the mythical bbc."

Cathy laughed so hard she had to catch her breath, "Oh my God, you make me laugh. The only people who believe that trash are white people and black guys with little dicks and no self-esteem."

I was the one smiling now. "Yeah, I really know that. I wanted to see your reaction, you know, from a black ladies' perspective."

"A word of advice Leon. Get rid of the black/white thoughts. See her as a woman regardless of color."

I scoffed, "Me? What about her? I 'm not the one making racial slurs. I sure as hell wouldn't get away with calling her a black girl with a sneer on my face."

"You're right, give her time. She's gonna call me again tonight, I can feel it in my bones. I'm gonna tell her the same thing I told you. Speaking of bones, I need to take my lover home and have some fun. Nighty-night."

Standing in the shower washing away the days dust before bed I found myself with dick in hand, hard and wanting release. I hadn't masturbated in weeks, yet here I was stroking my dick thinking about having Bree's body beneath mine writhing in ecstasy. Drying I chastised myself for getting the cart before the horse. Hell, she'd asked me to join them for a beer and burger, I was the one who turned it into an orgy in my mind. Who was I kidding. This girl wasn't interested in me like that.

On Wednesday Matilda took a call from Mr. Ronnenberg asking how to adjust the height of his new opener. He wanted to be able to leave it open above the floor. She was going to send Butch but I intervened.

"I'll take that one Matilda. I'm done here for the day anyway."

She smiled and handed me the service slip. "Ya, you vant to see dat girl again. I can tell."

I marveled at how she drifted in and out of German so often, I refused to get into an argument with her, she always won. When I arrived there was only the old station wagon in the driveway. After talking with the gentleman he told me why he wanted it to stop 4" above the floor, so his cat could get in and out.

"If the cat can get in and out so will other critters."

He laughed, "The cat will take care of those. He hates being in the house, but I want somewhere he can be dry and warm. I'll readjust it when winter comes, I'm thinking about putting one of those pet door things in the side door, but this'll work for now."

Once I showed him how to make the adjustments he smiled, "I can do that. Thanks young man."

"You're welcome sir. Where's Bree? I don't see her car."

"Oh, she's at school. It starts in two weeks and she's getting the classroom ready. I'd tell you to stop by but with all the crazies running around they keep the place locked up tight. I'll tell her you asked about her."

I hurriedly said, "No, you don't need to do that. I was just wondering."

He scoffed, "Nonsense son. She finds out you were here and I didn't say anything she won't talk to me for a week. Nope, she mentions your name often. Gotta go son, cribbage tonight."

With plenty of windshield time and no noise I had a lot to ponder. Why was this woman so hard for me to figure out? A month ago we were like oil and water, at each other's throat. Now he says she mentions my name often? I'm not one who cottons to the notion that two people who start out on the wrong foot suddenly change their stripes and become close, but this sure as hell was starting to look that way. Once again, I found myself wondering what it might be like to have her around. Would she hold my hand, would she tell me to go fly a kite? Was how I'd seen her behave previously the way she was all the time, or was she capable of being intimate and tender? So damned many questions and no immediate answers.

I was at the Albertville ball field early the next Saturday, the games didn't start until ten, I was there just after nine. I was prepared this week. I grabbed a bigger cooler, added some soft drinks and water as well as several sandwiches and a blanket to sit on. I also grabbed the bleacher seats I used years ago when Louise was playing, just in case we sat together. Bree's cousins were playing in the second game so they rolled in about 9:30. Bree went with the girls behind the bleachers to warm up, I paid no attention figuring she would probably sit on the bottom row again.

Just before the first pitch of the day Bree walked up the bleachers, pointed to the extra seat and asked.

"Is that for me or are you expecting someone else?"

I motioned for her to sit, "First come, first served, it's all yours if you behave yourself."

She grinned, "You drive a hard bargain. What's for lunch today?"

"I grinned back, "Ham and cheese or chicken salad with chips and a pop or water."

She chuckled, "Pop, not many people call it that anymore. My parents always called it pop, so does Uncle for that matter. Is DP your favorite?"

"Nah, Nehi orange or grape are my favorite, but hardly anybody carries it anymore, at least in our area."

"Yeah. I know what you mean, I like Strawberry crush but not everybody carries that either." She said.

My home team had won their first game as well as Centerville winning theirs. We broke out the sandwiches and drinks as the third game started between my home team and the Timberlake Allstars. No one knew why they called themselves that, there wasn't a Timberlake for hundreds of miles. Lunch turned out great. Between cheering on my team and bites of sandwich we wolfed down lunch. I ate both ham/cheese, she ate a chicken salad, I couldn't have planned it more perfectly. The championship game came down to a rematch of the first time we met. Junction City and Centerville.

Before the first pitch was thrown we had agreed we wouldn't bad mouth each other's team. There was more than once each of us had to bite their tongue. The end result was different than previously, they ended the seventh inning in a two/two tie. I was gathering my stuff when she grabbed the cooler and asked.

"Where's your truck?" I pointed two rows back. "Okay, meet you there in about five. I need to say goodbye to the girls." And she was gone.

By the time I made it to the truck and had things in the back seat she was right behind me. I was looking around for the girl's car when she chimed in.

"You're driving me home and I'm buying you a beer this time. Let's stop at Gino's, I'm in the mood for pizza."

I laughed, she laughed and then asked, "You okay with that? I sounded kind of bossy didn't I."

Walking her to the passenger side of the truck I opened the door for her. She gave me a puzzled look and climbed in. As I got in the truck she looked at me.

"No man has ever opened a door for me. Do you do that all the time?"

"I do for ladies." I answered with a smile on my face.

Damn, maybe this was going to work after all. Then again, it was pizza and a beer, no sense getting my hopes up. As we drove she asked about my earlier days. I told her of how life had always seemed fair to me, that is until Louise was killed, and life sucked miserably after that. She mentioned that she hadn't seen me at any games in the past and wondered why I suddenly started showing up.

I laughed, "My office lady gave me a good scolding about sitting around and moping instead of getting out and finding someone new to help fill my life. I tried the bar scene, what a waste, young people bumping and grinding, doing everything but screwing on the dance floor."

"What about clubs?" She asked.

"Yeah, that was another eye opener. An older version of the bar scene and people looking to replace the spouse they divorced. I could only imagine what kind of std's were walking around that room. So I left, when I got home I began thinking how much I liked watching Lou play ball. It was sure better than sitting at home. You mentioned that you played against my wife. I don't recall seeing you."

"Yeah, I was quite a bit younger and still in school so I couldn't play every weekend. I had graduated and played that summer the year she was killed. I was still having issues with my knee and didn't play every game that's probably why. Besides, I had really short hair then, now I let it grow out and do with it what I can. Some of the other black teachers keep after me to get the braids and weaves but I have better places to put my money than that. And I don't want to sit in a chair for two or three hours while they do their thing. Most of the time I wear it like this, curly."

The pizza place was crowded but we were seated right away. I was expecting looks of curiosity as we walked to the table, to my surprise there were none. Apparently mixed couples weren't a thing like they were when I was growing up. We split a large with her side being veggies and mine being more traditional toppings. With the place being so busy we felt it only right that we vacate and let others enjoy as we had. I decided to start the conversation as we drove away.

"I've been told that you're a schoolteacher. Pardon my boldness but you look too young to be a schoolteacher."

Turning sideways she let out a soft laugh, "I don't know if I'm supposed to be flattered or insulted by that statement. If you're saying I look young then thank you. This will be my third-year teaching English. And before you ask, I'm 26. My turn. How old are you?"

"I turned 30 three months ago."

We were about five miles from her home when she turned and with a stern look she declared, "You understand this aint no booty call. Right?"

There it was again, the trash talk. I decided to address her concern head on.

"I wasn't expecting it to be. If I'm not mistaken it was you who informed me that I was taking you for pizza and then a ride home. Have I given you any indication that I was expecting sex as payment? And while we're at it, why do talk trash when you're an English teacher?"

Looking straight ahead she didn't say a word the last few minutes before pulling into her driveway. I was going to get out and open her door when I felt her hand on my wrist.

"You don't need to open my door, I'm a big girl. As to question number one, no, you gave me no reason to think this was no more than a ride home. Secondly, I grew up talking trash, it's deeply engrained. And to be honest I reach my students better by talking slang than what some refer to as 'proper English'. I make sure they learn what society and the business world will require of them, but we also have fun in my class."

Before she could remove her hand I put mine over hers, "What if I would like to open the door for you even if you are a big girl."

Pulling her hand back she scoffed, "What is it with you white boy? Nobody opens doors anymore. Is that supposed to make you feel superior?"

I could feel the steam rising from within. What the hell had I done to deserve that line of bullshit, I chose to heed my mothers advice once again.

I looked at her with a stern face, "I do, I open doors. And what's with the 'white boy' crap? I don't call you names. Or is that only a one-sided rule, you can make fun of my skin color but I can't yours? As for the door, knock yourself out, I have no desire to open it any longer. Goodnight."

Glaring at me she muttered, "Up yours Leon."

The moment the door shut I started to back out which she yelled about and slapped the hood. I didn't give a flying you know what. She could shit and fall back in it for all I cared. My thoughts were all over the place as I drove. What the hell made me think a relationship with someone as toxic as her would ever happen? What was with the white boy shit about every time she got pissed? Did she have a run in with some white guy and decided that she hated them all? I had to admit I'd never been out with or attracted to a black girl before, somehow, she was different, somehow, I'd let her get under my skin.

I had no desire to hear from or see her again. As far as I was concerned I had moved on from my one attempt at finding love with her or anyone else for the time being. It was homecoming when I saw her next. My alma mater Eastside High was playing Centerville. Since there was a woods on the back side of the football field bleachers were side by side on the other side of the field. Us in one, they in the other. I had gone for popcorn between quarters when I spotted her, third row up with some nerdy looking guy. My initial thought was 'thank God, she won't be bothering me any longer'.

I knew I was deceiving myself because now that I knew where she was seated I couldn't stop glancing her way. At one point I turned to look at her only to find her looking at me, she immediately turned her head and pretended to be watching the game. I found it odd that there were no friendly or romantic gestures between she and the guy. They sat like a pair of friends more than a couple. Yet, she was clearly with that guy. Eastside lucked out beating Centerville with a last second field goal that everybody on both sides knew the kid was going to miss. I think he was a surprised as everyone else.

The eastside high crowd was jubilant, noisy, and rowdy, we hadn't won a homecoming game in four years. The Centerville bleachers cleared quickly, I looked for Bree as the bleachers cleared. She was nowhere in sight. Ellis, Connie and I had sat together and were walking out together when Connie tugged on my arm. Pointing at my truck she spoke soft and sincerely.

"I think someone is waiting to see you. Be kind Leon."

Sure enough, Bree was standing in front of my truck. As I got closer I heard her say "Leon."

I nodded, "Bree."

She took the initiative, "Can we talk a minute?"

My mothers' words went out the door as I answered, "Why, so you can insult me and my skin color? Make fun of the fact that I was raised to treat girls with respect, open their door and be polite? I have no idea why you hate white guys but I'm not the one who pissed in your cornflakes. Where's your boyfriend, I'm sure he's wondering where you are."

I was ready for the bombardment of nastiness I expected to be verbally hurled my way. I was waiting for her body to tense, her face to get all screwed up and filth to begin flowing from her lips. I was prepared and didn't give a fuck what she threw my way, no way was she going to goad me into a pissing match. Imagine the shock when it didn't happen that way. Her body language indicated that she was relaxed, her facial features were soft, she didn't look pissed at all. I stood my ground regardless, I wasn't going to fall for any of her BS.

"You have every right to be upset at me. I didn't act like a lady when we parted. I don't hate white guys, it's just that I'd never been on a date with a white guy and wasn't sure what to expect."

I held up my hand in a stop gesture, "That was a date? Really?"

With a soft grin she replied, "It was for me."

I said, "Well then we're even I guess."

Her face was one of confusion, "Even? What do you mean even?"

"I've never been on a date with a white guy either."

She chuckled, "You ass. We need to talk."