Another Saturday Night Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I folded my arms and leaned against the grill, "I don't need to talk so the floor is all yours."

Standing in front of me she began, "I don't hate all white guys. I had a bad experience in junior year where a white guy called me a nappy headed coon, and I've taken his nasty comment out on every white guy since. It took you asking me why I called you white boy in a derogatory manner in the driveway for me to see that. Uncle chewed me out royally when I told him what happened."

Looking down I noticed she wiped a tear from her eye and then lifted her head to continue.

"Andrew is not my boyfriend, he's the econ teacher and has zero friends because he's such a geek, right down to the pencil holder in his shirt pocket. I take him along when I go to games and stuff like that. He has no local family and is alone 90% of the time, the least I can do is let him tag along. When I told Uncle that you wanted to open my door and I told you no I thought he was gonna blow a gasket."

Once again my hand gestured to stop, "And all of this is relevant why?"

Another tear swiped away, "Because I was a fool. I have never looked at a white guy in a romantic way before, but somehow, I can't get you out of my mind. I would like to have another chance, to be a friend and hopefully more. I would love nothing more than to be rid of any racial tension between us."

Choking back a cry she said, "I'm going out on a limb here Leon, but if you wouldn't have a problem being seen with a brown skinned girl with fuzzy hair and sometimes wears a bonnet during the day, not just to sleep. I would like to be your girl. There, I've said it. Go ahead and unload, I'm ready."

I wasn't sure what to say or do so I reached forth and took her hand. A foot or more remained between us. I stood staring for the longest time. Could I believe her? Was she truly sincere? Was I willing to go out on a limb based on her words? I too wanted to eliminate any racial misunderstandings between us. Lord knows there's too much of it already.

"Thanks Bree. I know that took a lot of courage for you to say. So let's cut to the chase. Being with a brown-skinned girl as you call yourself doesn't bother me a bit. I don't care if your hair is fuzzy, it's part of who you are. If we decide to hang out, and that's IF, get used to me opening doors, helping you be seated in a restaurant, helping with your coat and anything else I can think of to show affection. To be honest I would like to take it slow, we don't know each other yet, there's no sense rushing this if it's meant to be. There, I've said my piece, the balls in your court."

With the tears dried she gave me a soft smile, "I won't mind if you do things to show affection. As long as I get to do the same."

I shook my head in a bewildered manner, "What do you mean? I'm lost, it's usually the guy who's expected to be the chivalrous one."

"I didn't mean it like that. IF, and like you say, IF, we're gonna make this thing work I'm going to claim you no matter where we are. I'm gonna want to hold your hand, put your arm around me, steal kisses at odd moments, be by your side every moment we're together and lastly, God forbid another woman thinking she's gonna flirt with you as I stand by and watch. That's what I mean."

I smiled back at her, "Yup, I can live with that. In fact, and I'm not comparing, Lou was very much the same way. I miss that and would welcome that sort of affection from you. Can we reach an agreement tonight? Unless family brings up something about us being together, I want us to ignore everyone else who may act or speak stupidly. This is between us, not them."

"Deal." She said.

I lifted her hand and kissed the back of her fingers. "Now what?" I asked.

Moving close to me she whispered through a seductive smile, "Now you kiss me white boy."

I loved the nuance, it was the way she said it that fit the moment perfectly. I had an answer equally appropriate for the moment.

"Lay one on me black girl."

And she did. Our first kiss wasn't frantic or necessarily sensual. It was soft, tender and moving. Was I really going to get a second chance at love as I'd known from my late wife? If that were to become true, wow, talk about falling into a bucket of shit and come out smelling like a rose. Staring into one another's eyes she spoke so softly I nearly didn't hear her.

"Leon, will you take me home? I'll even let you open the door."

I didn't let go of her hand until I had opened the truck door, helped her get in and when I was sure she was comfortable I closed it. The talk to her place was about everything and nothing. General chit chat to fill the void of silence. In the driveway she leaned across the console, kissed me softly and turned to get out. I had a hold of her hand and wouldn't let her turn to exit. Slowly she smiled and relaxed, telling me it was okay to come open her door. I was going to walk her to the front door when she stopped me.

"You don't need to walk with me Leon, it's all of fifteen feet. Besides, I can see Unc looking past the drapes, if you walk me to the door he'll make sure you come in and it'll be morning before you escape."

I laughed and moved toward the driver's side. Just before I opened it she called out, "Will I see you tomorrow?"

"I'm bidding two new homes in the morning, but maybe we can do something for lunch."

"What time are you doing the bids?"

"I'm meeting the homeowner and contractor for the first one at nine. The next one is over in Wind lake at eleven. Why?"

"Pick me up at 8, we can get donuts and coffee for the ride to the first job. I want to know what you do."