Anything for You

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Devinter
Devinter
527 Followers

"I brought something for you," he said sheepishly.

Sigrid grinned as she took in his words, feeling a fuzzy warmth spread throughout her body. It was not every day that Alric gave someone a present out of the blue.

"Oh? What did you bring?" she asked curiously, tilting her head and resting the wooden spoon against her hip. Alric stepped closer to her, and placed the item into her free hand. It was a silver, crescent-moon shaped pendant on a thin chain cast in the same metal. The pendant had three glittering stones embedded in it, which were a bright shade of blue. Sigrid looked up at him questioningly, and Alric shrugged his shoulders, clearly not wanting to elaborate any further. He seemed embarrassed by the gesture, somehow.

"I just thought it would look good on you.." He said rather casually. "Sorry I don't have a box for it or anything."

"I love it! It's really pretty," she said, and kept staring at it. "Thank you so much, Alric. I will treasure it! Will you please put it on for me?"

She gave the pendant back to Alric, and turned around, moving her hair to one side to expose the skin on her neck. His fingers brushed against her ever so slightly as he fastened the necklace around her neck, and she tried her best to suppress a shiver, but failed miserably. Neither of them brought any attention to it, however, so she felt relieved that perhaps he didn't notice.Then, she stood back to admire herself in the hallway mirror. It did look very pretty on her. And the way it sparkled in the light reminded her of his eyes when he looked at her. The shade of blue was strikingly similar.

Alric smiled with her, clearly proud of himself for selecting the right gift. "Looks good on you. I just wanted to get you something nice. And I thought giving you the moon was very fitting." His tone was a little cheeky. "Remember how we used to stargaze together when we were younger, but you always found the moon the most fascinating?" Alric reminisced out loud, which brought on a sense of longing in Sigrid's heart. A callback to simpler times.

"Oh my God, how could I forget? That's one of the things I've always loved most about you. How we were able to just explore and appreciate the world around us together so effortlessly." She smiled at him, not caring at all that she had used the word 'love' too freely. Alric probably didn't catch it regardless. He didn't seem to notice things like that usually.

Alric sniffed at the air. "Something smells burnt, don't you think..?" he asked with a hint of concern.

Sigrid groaned loudly in response. "Oh God, fuck!" she cursed under her breath, immediately running back towards the kitchen. Alric followed behind her, giggling lightly.

"What's cooking?"

"Your favourite - chicken and broccoli with cheesy mashed potatoes," Sigrid explained as she turned off the gas on the stove and then looked into the pan, horrified by the burnt-looking piece of chicken staring back at her. Apparently, the butter she had cooked it in had all but dried out while it sat there, and the fire burned a lot hotter than she had expected. "I messed this one up. I'm glad I prepared extra.."

Sigrid was relieved when Alric let out a laugh, clearly not overly concerned. "It's not as bad as it looks," Alric tried to reassure her. He peeked over her shoulder to get a look at it himself, and made a face. "Maybe you can salvage it?" His tone was unconvincing.

"No, I don't think so." Sigrid pulled out the burned chicken from the pan and took the piece away, setting it aside on the counter. "But I have more, so don't worry. The night isn't ruined yet!" She moved the burnt chicken into a little plastic container, just in case. If only one of the pieces would come out nice, then she'd eat a burnt one! If she drowned it in sauce, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

"Do you mind setting the table for us?" Sigrid asked him. "You know where everything is, right?"

"Yes ma'am." Alric smiled, and gave her a mock salute before heading over to the cupboards to pull out plates and two tall glasses. He put them down in the dining area, and then returned for a second trip with silverware and napkins.

Sigrid turned on some soft, cozy music from her laptop as she prepared the rest of the meal. Something slightly romantic, but not to the point where it would come across as suspicious. Alric leaned against the wall, his arms crossed, as Sigrid sprinkled the chopped-up broccoli bits onto a baking tray, drizzling some olive oil and some lemon juice on top before putting it into the oven.

"You look like a professional," he mused.

"That's because I am!" Sigrid winked at him, feeling butterflies in her stomach as she soaked up the compliment like a sponge. "Okay. It's about 10 minutes until the broccoli is done, and the mash should be finished by then already. So long as I don't burn or overcook the rest of this chicken, I think we're okay! What would you like to drink?" Sigrid felt a little bit less worked up now. Things were falling into place, she could feel it. And somehow, even though it didn't make a lot of sense, Alric was able to calm her nerves when he was around at the exact same time as he made her nervous. An odd combination, to be sure.

"I'll just have soda or a glass or water. I don't think I want to get tipsy tonight.."

Sigrid grabbed a bottle of apple cider for herself and poured a glass of ice-cold cola for Alric. "A toast!" she said, and raised her bottle. "To us - a couple of weirdos that don't quite fit in with the world. But at least we have each other!"

Alric chuckled lightly and raised his glass too. "To us..," he echoed. They clinked bottle and glass together. "Cheers!"

They spent the next hour or so sitting at the dining table, eating the home-cooked meal, and chatting casually. No words were spoken of Debbie or the failed relationship. It felt like they were both avoiding it; Sigrid because she wanted to be the one that Alric focused on tonight, and to keep him in a good mood - and Alric because it was still such a fresh wound. However, the illusion was shattered not long thereafter, because just as they were about to move over to Sigrid's room and play some videogames together, Alric's phone buzzed.

"She's begging me to take her back.." Alric frowned, eyebrows furrowed, as he looked at the text on his phone. His words hit her like a sack of potatoes. She hadn't even considered this. How could Debbie try to get him back, after cheating on him? After doing such a cruel thing towards him? And would Alric consider it..?

"Ah.. Well.. She's not worth your time.." Sigrid murmured under her breath, trying not to sound far too bitter. That failed.

"I know I won't ever forgive her. But I can't just turn all of my emotions off like some kind of robot, Sigrid.." Alric's voice brought her back to reality, and she forced herself to smile at him briefly to show that she understood. She could tell how conflicted he was. And she couldn't blame him for that. Yet there was this gnawing frustration biting away at her. The words that she probably shouldn't speak out loud felt heavy in the back of her throat. She tried to swallow them down, but it was impossible, like they demanded to be heard.

"... Why wouldn't you invest your time into someone that loves you..?" Her voice was quivering and the words came out far more accusatory than she had intended. Alric gave her a look, as if he were waiting for her to explain what she meant. "Like, that really loves you properly, I mean." Sigrid felt stupid. What kind of response was that?

Alric gave her a little smile - the kind of smile he gave her when she made an embarrassing joke. He didn't seem mad at all. "What are you talking about?"

Sigrid turned her face away from him, embarrassed that she was letting her inner turmoil show. "I just mean that.. I don't think Debbie is your person, y'know? Your soulmate or whatever? She would never hurt you like this if she was.." She sighed deeply, feeling the frustration building up rapidly. It was like the dam had been broken and her emotions began to rush out. "She's a fucking bitch. Don't let her ruin what you have going for you, okay? I don't want to see you hurt again!" Sigrid was getting more and more upset by the second, which wasn't like her at all. She hardly ever lost her cool like that.

Alric let out a deep sigh, and ran his hand through his raven hair, a hint of frustration in his eyes. "Sigrid, it's not that easy.. You've never been in a relationship so you don't know what it's like.." His words sounded cruel, but they weren't intended to be - he knew she cared about him, and wanted to protect him. But the way he saw it, Sigrid was very inexperienced, and didn't fully understand relationship dynamics. He was confused why she was so angry or why she would call Debbie a 'bitch' and other mean things - even if she perhaps deserved it - because Sigrid wouldn't usually include such words in her vocabulary.

Sigrid felt her cheeks turn red-hot, and her hands balled into fists in her lap as her eyes became glossy with tears that she tried to fight back. She nodded gently in agreement with his statement. He was right, she supposed. She hadn't really ever had a boyfriend, not since she and Alric dated when they were kids. But that was because she couldn't picture herself with anyone else but him. As far as she was concerned, they belonged together. She took several deep breaths, trying not to let herself cry in front of the boy she adored. The good job she'd been doing at herself together faded - and now, it all came crumbling down with haste.

"You're right, I don't have a lot of relationship experience.." Her voice was hoarse, and the words barely escaped her lips.

Alric made a face that expressed guilt and regret. "I'm sorry if that hurt you.." He was clearly uncomfortable himself, being forced to confront something he didn't want to. A moment of silence followed. "I feel like we got off track. It's just.. She broke my heart, Sigrid, and I have no idea how to put the pieces back together."

Sigrid looked into his sky-kissed eyes. The look he gave her was so intense, she could hardly breathe. Her heart skipped several beats. And then he got up from his chair, walked around the table, and gently placed a kiss on top of her head.

"Thank you for being my friend," he said softly. "You're always there for me when I need someone the most. Even when I don't want to be around other people.. I'll always make an exception for you." He gave her that smile again, the one she adored so much. She nodded slightly, still not trusting herself to speak. If she were to open her mouth now, she was sure she'd start crying for real. "Shall we go play some video games, or watch a movie?"

"A movie would be great," Sigrid managed to answer with considerable effort.

They moved into her room. She didn't have a couch in there, so they sat on her bed, leaning against a bunch of pillows stacked against the wall for comfort. Alric took the DVD case from Sigrid's hand and slipped it into the player. They got comfortable as the movie began.

"Snacks?" Sigrid asked, still fighting with her inner emotions.

"No thank you. I'm so full after dinner."

For several minutes, they just enjoyed the movie, and Sigrid slowly but surely began to calm down a bit. But then, they got to a part of the film that was meant to be romantic. The two lovers on screen were gazing into each other's eyes, their lips were getting closer and closer. Sigrid stared at Alric, who still had his eyes on the screen, although he occasionally would cast glances at his phone as well. It seemed like he was going back and forth between watching the movie and reading texts he had received from Debbie. Perhaps he was considering responding to her proposal?

Sigrid could not tear her gaze away from him. And without even really intending to say it, the words escaped her lips in a whisper.

"What does Debbie have that I don't have?"

Alric turned towards her, and she felt herself sink into her mattress a bit more, feeling nervous that he might be upset by what she said. But instead, his features softened, and there was a look in his eyes that she didn't think she'd ever seen before - or at least, not in such intensity. He took Sigrid's hands into his own, and looked down at them as if he was tracing out the lines on her palm with his gaze.

"Sigrid.." he began, speaking slowly, choosing every word carefully. "You're the greatest person I know." His eyes were fixated on her hands, not meeting her gaze. "You're brilliant, beautiful and kind.. and so very patient. If I haven't told you how special you are to me yet, it's because there are no words that can express how I feel about you."

"But..?" Sigrid said, waiting for the disappointment to fall over her like a guillotine, eviscerating her heart.

Alric smiled at her softly, now looking into her eyes and gently rubbing the back of her hands with his thumb. "No buts," he whispered. "Just my honest opinion." And then he turned back towards the movie, as if the conversation was finished.

But Sigrid's heart was pounding wildly in her chest. She paused for a moment. Then another. But then she found her bravery, and she moved closer to him, cuddling up to him and laying her head down on his shoulder, leaning into his body as she wrapped an arm around him, holding him close.

"What are you doing?" Even though he asked the question, he shifted his body slightly so that he could wrap his own arms around her in return. "Are you upset because I'm a little sad?"

"I don't like seeing you upset.. It hurts me," Sigrid murmured as she felt the warmth of him pressed against her. "But.. I just.. I think you need to feel loved right now." She took a deep breath and let out a soft sigh, which brushed past his cheek and neck, making the hair there stand on end.

"Thank you. You have no idea how much it means to me, hearing those words," Alric whispered softly in return. "I feel so lucky to have you in my life, Sigrid."

Sigrid felt her as if her heart was in her throat, with Alric's hand gently stroking up and down her back. He smelled wonderful, natural but fresh, and only the faintest hint of his cologne remained. The moment felt intimate. Pure. Important.

... And then his phone started buzzing again. This time she was calling.

Alric looked at it, hesitation in his eyes.

"Don't answer it.." Sigrid said with an almost pleading tone.

"Okay.." He let it ring, and eventually, the buzzing stopped. They turned their attention back towards the movie - or at least Alric did; Sigrid was mostly just pretending to watch. But they stayed close and cuddled up. She could feel his heartbeat as she clung to him. It made her feel light-headed. He played with her hair gently - absent-mindedly - and even though Sigrid didn't show it, it felt so good she could cry. Saying that she longed for his touch and affection was an understatement.

And then the phone rang again. Buzz, buzz, buzz. And Sigrid's anger flared up. Debbie had hurt the man that she loved, and now she was ruining their moment together. Enough! She grabbed the phone from the bed, and got up on her feet, walking out of the room as she answered it.

"Listen to me carefully," she spoke in a low but aggressive tone. "Alric is over here, with me. And you are not welcome in his life, you cheating bitch. I don't know what kind of mindfuck you've put him through, but he isn't into it, okay? So I suggest you back the fuck off." Her voice was seething with rage, increasing in intensity for every second she spoke, almost growling her words out by the end of the sentence. "I can't believe you'd be so fucking stupid as to ruin things with the most amazing guy in the world! He deserves so much better than you, Debbie. And I think you fucking know that too." And with that, she hung up.

When she returned to the room, Alric was waiting for her by the door, and she noticed the look in his eyes. He had heard every word, of course, and he did not seem happy.

"I'm sorry, Alric..," she began to apologize immediately. "It's just that you mean so much to me and I feel that she's trying tto manipulate you, or find some way to get you back into her life. She doesn't deserve you!"

"You don't need to apologize." His voice was tense, but he made his way over to her anyways, reaching for the pendant hanging around her neck. "When she realized that I wasn't taking her calls, she started overloading my phone with texts. I already told her I couldn't forgive her, and I meant that. I guess she thinks there's a chance, still. But there isn't. I'm still hurting but that chapter is finished." He kept caressing the necklace as he spoke to her, as if fixated by it somehow. Sigrid leaned in closer towards him, her forehead resting against his chest, feeling him take deep breaths and slowly releasing them. "Nevertheless.." he continued. "I think you should let me fight my own battles."

Sigrid looked up at the man she adored, his tall frame towering over her. "I just.. I don't like seeing you hurt, Alric." Her eyes looked sad and full of regret. "You're special, and I want you to be happy. I want to help you get over Debbie. You mean so much to me."

"That's exactly why you should stay out of it," he said gently. He kissed her forehead. Sigrid couldn't help but feel a rush of arousal at the simple act of his lips pressing against her skin. She knew that if she looked up, their lips would be only inches apart. But then he said those words that he so often said, that were so kind and yet so cruel all at once. "You're like a sister to me."

Sigrid was quiet for several long moments, a thought rushing through her mind. Was this the right time to confess her true emotions? Would Alric see it as a betrayal of sorts, taking advantage of him in his vulnerable state? Or maybe he simply wouldn't care? In fact, maybe he already knew? It was hard to predict his reaction sometimes. Maybe this would change how they saw each other and make things awkward from now on.

And yet, she made her decision. "You know, Alric.." she began, and lifted her gaze up to meet his. She wanted him to see her eyes, wanted him to look into her soul. He did just that. "It hurts a little when you say that.. And I think you know why.." She bit her lip, hesitating for a moment before continuing. "I don't feel like I'm your sister, and I think you already suspect that I want to be more than that. But I can't help it.. Because I love you."

She couldn't believe what had come out of her mouth.

"I know," he murmured softly. His voice sounded sad, almost wistful, which stung her. He kept caressing her pendant as he stared into her eyes. "And.." He swallowed hard. "And I've come to realize that nobody else in the world will ever care for me like you do. But.."

There came the 'but'. Sigrid felt her heart sink in her chest. What was coming next?

"I just need some time, okay? I just found out about Debbie's cheating last night.. I'm an emotional wreck right now." He gently pulled her close again, his arms wrapping around her protectively. Did that mean she had a chance? She hugged him tightly in return, never wanting the moment to end.

"Okay," she said, breathing out the word gently. Her heart felt like it was ready to explode. So she just held him close. "You can have all the time in the world. I'll always be here, waiting for you."

Alric, clearly quite emotional, took an incredibly deep breath. "Listen.. I know it's still early, but let's get ready for bed, and put on another movie? And we'll lay down, and you'll let me hold you as we watch it? I think we'd both feel better after some cuddles.."

Sigrid smiled brightly at him, feeling a rush of excitement bubble through her entire being, and then kissed his cheek. "Of course," she whispered into his ear. "Whatever you want."

Devinter
Devinter
527 Followers