All Comments on 'Appearances can be Deceptive'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Started out well

Then you made Elliott into a fool. He believed every excuse Hanna handed him when he "caught" her. The ending seemed anticlimactic and there wasn't enough description of their Court battle. Then you had Elliott just give up. Which seemed completely spineless. This could have been so much better.

3 stars

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

I liked all the twists and turns, until he discovered that she really was a deceitful, scheming slut... but then you ruined it with the ending.

Elliot is one of the most "eligible and desirable bachelors around" but he ends up just using escorts? The ending sucked ass. The bitch fucked him up so badly, he gave up trying to find another wife and never had children.

With the kind of money he had, he could've easily got himself a trophy wife to start a family. An ironclad pre-nup would've protected his assets and given him the kids he wanted. Screwing high-class escorts might be fun in the short term, but he's got a lonely retirement ahead of him.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Good one

Another good one Skippy. I love it when the cheating player gets played. Poor Hanna almost got away with it though. Elliot got lucky, but apparently learned his lesson.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

When she brought up changing the pre-nup I figured that the rest was a plot to get him to change it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

Pre-Nup

Forgetting her plot for the moment, I can see changing the pre-nup so that it's no longer extremely punitive, but why should it be punitive to HIM if SHE cheats? The MOST it should do is if she cheats she still gets 50-50.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Kind of cute.

Totally unbelievable, but cute. While a large number of men are that stupid, almost no women are. Thank God.

If his wife was really that much of a cruel, heartless monster, and he couldn't discern her true character, then he deserved to get fucked in the ass. Can't get fucked in the head if he's already that stupid.

sdc97230sdc97230over 4 years ago
The setup was obvious from the start

So many "not really adultery" incidents just don't happen so close together. Not to mention right after a magazine with a "how to spot your cheating spouse" article is left for him to see.

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago
Good

Good story but I would like to have seen more retribution and hear how she ended up as a call girl who was suffering from std's and living a miserable life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I thought...

...this was a good story. 5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 4 years ago

Was a good read just not a very satisfying ending. Would of been better with him finding a new wife having kids and the ex remarried but turned into a whale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very Juvenile

The story line was like something written by a third grader. The characters, such as they were, displayed all the emotion of a similar number of brain-dead zombies. The dialogue was pitiful. Next time, please fashion a plot that hasn't been done ten thousand times before.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
That worked very well

Several twists and turns and a plausible ending

argeelogargeelogover 4 years ago
Different

A good difference. 5 stars.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Better lucky than good is what I got out of story

He married her why?

How long she planned this?

Was he married to business?

Deserved everything he got if so

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 4 years ago
Nothing

Thankfully it did not take much time to read, because this was only a 2-page story. At same time, it was a nothing story because nothing was developed and one had no sense about the people or the circumstances.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 4 years ago
Puzzzling

I am puzzled by the large number of negative comments. (How did it all average out to over 4.0*???) I thought the plot was properly devious and even somewhat plausible and kind of a fun tale. I was a little disappointed that our hero ended up alone for the rest of his life. Being able to afford top level escorts does not take the place of having a family. Surprisingly enough there really are some loyal women in this world and having children and a loyal wife can make for a wonderful life, albeit somewhat hectic.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Better

At least this one did not go on for too long, less padding

Nice trick of appearances and deception.... cute

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funabout 4 years ago

The ending was weak. It started well, but needed a satisfying end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
How come

How come the P I never discovered her cheating?.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
HE IS WORRIED ABOUT APPEARANCES

and dates escorts. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Average if that. Mayo on panties? How? Be on dress etc!

Dumb!

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

It was good but I would like to hear a bit more about what happened to his wife. What about her family, were her parents alive and did they disown her?

Was this a trap from the beginning or did she ever have feelings for him? She gave up a nice comfortable life for what? A bit more pain expressed by his wife would have been good.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

It was good but the fun end bit was way too rushed. Ruined a good tale.

4/5.

LetthatsinkinLetthatsinkinabout 3 years ago

A great story but with a really rushed ending, 4*.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Even without discovering the scam - he had to divorce.

Because there is no open communication.

For example, the story of renting a room in a motel - she had to share it in an act of charity ... because it could have consequences ...

She had narcissistic behavior

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So what happened to the cheaters?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ok. Great that he wins in the divorce. But considering the cruel way she was intending to divorce him and take his money, he should have spent some of his $$$, getting payback on the bitch. And her lover.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just another POS

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

cant call it a great story and at times read teenageish but had a plot that could have become a more complete tale. Sorry 2 stars at best.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

Interesting. She played on his insecurities. I actually found myself feeling sorry for him in a lot of ways, even in the end because he never found any confidence in who he is. It's not a happy story, but it was well-told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The story was pretty good over all but you left a huge plot hole. She lied about going on a business trip during the time she was visiting the cheap hotel. Why didn’t the husband call her out on her blatant lie?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A real 5, until the cute, but weak abrupt ending.

nogravynogravyover 1 year ago

Interesting story, weak character development, the ending was a little weak and rushed. A solid 3.5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

3 Stars as it started out so strong but I did not care for the ending . I have read some of your other works and gave them a 5 most of the time . You have a true gift for writing .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story but one thing puzzles me: how did she think she would have explained 'spilling' mayo into the gusset of her panties while still wearing them?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story. The ending was too brief for me but I guess the story was really all about him finding out not the aftermath. I did think at one point she was going to get away with the changes to the pre-nup and then shaft him but I'm happy that didn't pan out. BardnotBard

fredbrownfredbrown6 months ago

Fun perhaps for a while but when you are old and gray and your dick just hangs there no matter what you do - the "business" won't be much comfort on a cold lonely night.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

what happened to Craig and his ex?

SeaChangerSeaChanger21 days ago

Fine until the last sentence which made no sense to me. 4*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous