Apprehended Ch. 01

Story Info
Annie gets taken.
1.9k words
4.39
35.6k
47

Part 1 of the 31 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 08/31/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I lived in a small town not too far from my where I was born. Here, everyone knew everyone's business. Thankfully, I was the new girl. The one people knew nothing about. I was okay with that. Especially with my past.

I recently escaped my brash ex-boyfriend, who was more than abusive. He took advantage of the fact that I had no family or friends, and he exploited it; isolating me in his home when I decided to move in with him three years ago. I was victimized and beaten. I was raped.

I still don't know why I endured it for three years. Now, I was trying to get it together. New life. New rules. New town. New people.

No males.

I had managed to escape from Jerry a few days ago. It was late and he had been drinking heavily. Which was nothing new. I took advantage of his stupor and packed a small bag with little belongings and left. I walked most of the night, catching a few rides here and there. It was dangerous, but at the time, nothing was more dangerous than Jerry. His last beating nearly killed me and it took me weeks to recover.

The scars on my body were evidence of his severe brutality. Eventually, I found a quaint town and settled. I rented a cheap room at the local inn and I have been staying there since. I got a job and was finally stabilizing myself; finding balance and purpose. I never gave much thought as to what I wanted to do or who I wanted to be. Jerry took that away from me. He took a lot of things away.

"Annie?"

I jerked my head in surprise. "Huh?"

"I said that table three just opened up. Go."

I offered a small smile and pushed away my wayward thoughts. My boss was nice. Stern, but kind, nonetheless. I liked her. She gave me a job with little information to go on. I didn't have a criminal record. I had a high school diploma and I was smart enough to know my way around. I was a loner as well. My family was dead.

Everyone except Jerry.

She still gave me a chance. I was grateful. I needed money to live. Jerry took care of the finances. This was the first time I was on my own in a long time.

Someone cleared their throat. "Are you going to take my order, cupcake, or not?"

I looked at the male before me. He was big, resembling Jerry. I swallowed the sudden lump in my throat and forced a smile. "Sure. What can I get you?"

He looked through the menu, taking off his backwards cap and placing it on the table beside him. "I'll have the bacon cheeseburger with a side of onion rings, darlin'. And don't get cheap on me. Keep the rings coming as well as the soda. Club, to be exact."

I scribbled his order on my notepad and took the menu. "Coming right up, sir."

He smile, revealing straight, white teeth. "Sir? Oh, I like that, precious." He looked me over, his eyes finding my nametag. "Annie. You have a boyfriend?"

I moved away from him, feeling uncomfortable. I didn't answer. "I'll have your order soon."

He chuckled as I left. I felt my skin prickle in warning, knowing he was still staring at me. I exhaled sharply when I opened the flap door to the kitchen and leaned over the metal counter.

"You okay? What's wrong?"

I waved a shaky hand at Roy. "Nothing."

"You're all sweaty," he pointed out, waving a spatula in the air. He was sizzling up some burgers and hot dogs; along with a large array of other foods on the menu. "Did Tony tell you something?"

I sneaked a peek out of the window that was used to hand over dishes. "Is that his name?"

Roy nodded and went back to cooking. "Sure is. He's hot."

"What?"

"You heard me," said Roy.

Roy was gay. That was fine with me. As long as I didn't see him as a potential threat, any male could be considered a friend. Roy was one of the good ones. I didn't consider him a friend, however. Just a work acquaintance in the diner. "Is he nice?"

Roy shrugged. "Yes. He's a slut though."

I wanted to laugh. "A slut?"

"Yeah. He fucked massive chicks back in high school. He's not gay, so I wouldn't know anything else."

I looked out at Tony again. He was going through his phone. "I don't like him. He's creepy."

Roy laughed. "He means no harm. He's the Sheriff's son."

That meant little to me. Men like Jerry were often viewed as golden boys. Untouchables. "That doesn't mean he won't hurt me," I muttered.

Roy's brows shot up. "Why on earth would he hurt you?"

I gaped, not wanting to talk about my fear of males. "Umm, nothing. Is table two ready? Grandma Sue over there is nearly on the verge of hitting me with her cane."

Roy laughed again and handed me a plate. "Here you go. Tony's will be ready in five."

I grabbed the plate and left, carefully avoiding Tony's eyes as I served table two. I passed him on the way back and he snagged my wrist, causing me to stop abruptly. I tried to pull away, but he was strong and held me in place. "You're food will be ready in five minutes," I said, trying to calm down. I wanted him to let me go. I didn't like being touched.

"I don't care about the food," he drawled in his thick, Texan accent. "I only want to know if you have a boyfriend, cupcake? It's that simple."

He waited.

I pulled my hand roughly out of his grasp and he released me. I took three steps away. "I do," I blurted. It was a blatant lie, but he didn't need to know that. He honestly scared me.

"Do you now, darlin'?"

I nodded a little too quickly. "Yes."

"And what is his name?"

Name? Shit. "Uhhhh, Charlie?" That didn't sound convincing at all.

He chuckled. "Is that a question or an answer, sweetheart?"

"An answer." I was now breathing heavily, my heart racing.

He noticed. "Calm down there, sunshine. You have nothing to be afraid of."

I took another step back. "I'll go get your food."

He got up abruptly and I squealed in terror, my back colliding into an empty table. I stole a glance at Roy, who was too busy cooking to notice what was going on.

"Easy, girl," said Tony. "Easy. Did I hurt you?"

All consuming fear took over and it was hard to think, to breathe, to simply exist. I was panicking. I shot a hand out to stop his approach. "No. No."

Tony's eyes traveled down my body and stopped at my wrist. "Are you sure? Let me see?" He reached out to inspect my hand and I screamed.

Loudly.

He took steps back and raised up his hands in mock surrender. "Calm down, girl. Easy."

Roy came out of the kitchen with a knife in his hand. "What the fuck is going on out here?" he asked, his forehead wet with sweat. His short, blond hair was sticking up in different directions, igniting even more with his tan complexion and green eyes.

Tony answered. "Annie here is frightened of me." He held nothing back. He took off his jean jacket, revealing a big, golden badge on his belt.

"Sheriff?" I asked, incredulously.

"Just like my dad," he said, staring at me intently. "Which means I won't lay a finger on you in harm. I'm here to protect and serve. Right now, that is extended to you, cupcake. Protection. You have nothing to be frightened of."

Suddenly, I felt fucking foolish. My face was hot, and I began to sweat in shame. "Oh my god. I'm sorry. So sorry."

He smiled warmly. "Nothing to be sorry for, darlin'. What I want to know is who frightened you so much? Ex-boyfriend?"

Shit. He hit the nail on the head. I still didn't answer.

He sighed and I noticed that his eyes lingered on my collarbone. I swiftly lifted my uniform up a bit higher to hide the obvious bruises. Tony dug into his back-jean pocket and pulled out a card. He took out a pen and scribbled something on the back of it before offering it to me. "My card, Annie. My personal cell phone number is on the back. I meant what I said about protection. That's what I am here for. To protect my town. You're new. So it extends to you now too. If you need me for anything-even to simply talk-you call me. I don't care what time it is. You don't hesitate. You call me. I'll be right over. You have my word."

I took it with trembling fingers and slid it into the apron I was wearing. "Thank you."

He winked. "You're welcome." He sat back down casually, and Roy gave him his food.

When we were in the kitchen, I scowled at Roy. "He's the Sheriff! Why didn't you tell me that?"

Roy shrugged absently. "I forgot to mention it. Geez. Calm down, Annie. What is wrong with you?"

I was about to answer when my boss came in. "Take the day," she snapped, pointing a finger at me.

I blinked rapidly in confusion. "What?"

She snapped her fingers impatiently. "I said take the day. Any more of that nonsense you just pulled, and I'll be out of business. Karen will come in to cover for you. She needs the extra hours."

"I'm so sorry, Kelly. It won't happen again," I said, feeling bad.

She shook her head. "Apology accepted. But I still think you need the day. Now go."

I sighed and took off my apron. I slowly made my way to the back room where the lockers were located and changed my clothing. I grabbed my back and went back to the front to get my beat-up bike that I had parked across the street.

Roy bid me farewell and I tried to offer an apologetic smile to the Sheriff on my way out. He inclined his head and said, "Remember what I said, Annie."

"I will," I said, leaving.

Guilt ate away at me as I unlocked my used bike and mounted it. I knew that Jerry had damaged me. I was ruined and broken. Every male seemed to frighten me, no matter his intention. Was it wrong to feel that way? Absolutely. Was it my fault?

Maybe?

I didn't really know. Nor did I want to focus too much on my issues. I pedaled quietly to the inn, which was a considerable distance away. Thunder clapped above and I jerked, my bike wobbling and going off balance.

I squealed and tried to balance it, but it was too late. It teetered to the left and crashed to the ground, causing my hip to take the brunt force of the fall. I winced and tried to get up as rain began to drizzle overhead. I muttered a curse as the skies darkened and pushed the bike away from me.

I gasped when I felt something big and hard encase me. Thick arms wrapped around my torso and I opened my mouth to scream. A rag that smelled putrid was shoved in my face and I tried not to inhale it. But panic got the best of me.

I blacked out.