Apprehended Ch. 06

Story Info
Ethan leaves. Gavin reveals hard truths.
6.8k words
4.77
9.4k
18

Part 6 of the 31 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 08/31/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It had been a week since Ethan kept me in his cabin. A week for me to think things through; to rationalize. I was no closer to understanding my situation than I was a week ago. Ethan took care of me as promised, but I could tell that he was spending too much time with me...watching me. His, 'clan,' needed him. I eavesdropped on his phone calls several times, catching bits of the conversations he had with a multitude of people I didn't know.

I was sure of this-something big was happening. I didn't know what it was, but Ethan was becoming impatient. It involved a neighboring clan. I tried to snoop for details, but Ethan was careful. He never spoke in-depth whenever I was within distance. His tone was always hushed, and his words were clipped; to the point.

Eventually, whatever the issue was boiled over and Ethan could no longer ignore it. "I have to leave," he said abruptly.

I grabbed the remote from beside me on the couch and muted the television. "What?"

"I have to leave," he repeated.

I gathered that. "Where are you going?"

"Neighbors," was all he said.

I made a face. "Neighbors?"

He nodded tightly.

"How far are they? Can I leave too?"

"You're not leaving, Annie. Must we go through this again?"

"I know that, Ethan," I said through gritted teeth. "But what am I going to do here? Hobble around until you decide to come back? Whenever that might be."

"Of course not," he said. "Gavin will be looking after you."

My brows shot up. "Gavin? Who is that?"

"My beta."

I nearly choked on my saliva. "What?"

"My beta," he repeated. "Second in command."

"I don't know him."

"I do. You'll be perfectly safe with him."

"No, Ethan. I'm not going to stay here with some man I don't know. No."

He growled. "Gavin is family. Like a brother to me. In fact, he's more trustworthy than Edwin. Hence why he is my beta."

I shook my head vigorously. "No, Ethan."

He approached from the kitchen, kneeling in front of me by the couch. He was so tall that even on his knees, he towered over me. "It's only for one night. He won't lay a finger on you in harm, mea vita."

I scoffed. "No."

"Don't make this difficult. Otherwise, I'll have to alter my plans."

"And do what?" I asked.

"Take you with me."

"I already suggested that."

"To another wolf den?" he specified.

I felt my face pale. Shit. "Ummm..."

"Exactly. Though our clans have a binding agreement, the unmated wolves will hover, Annie. Seeing as you are my mate, but have not been fully claimed, problems will arise."

I gulped. "What kind of problems?"

"Put it this way," he said, gently tucking hair behind my ear. "If another wolf so much as looks at you the wrong way, I'll be forced to protect you at all costs. Unmated wolves are hard to control around unmated females. No matter the fact that you're human. I do not feel comfortable having my mate around hungry, lustful wolves. My wolf will become protective and my instincts will override reason."

"Can't you control it?" I asked.

"No. My wolf stands by his proclamation that you are ours. Anything that puts you at any type of risk is more than enough incentive to set him off. I won't have control. I will kill anyone or anything that is deemed a threat towards you. Including the sexual desires of other wolves. If that happens, it will be the same equivalent as declaring war against said neighboring clan. I cannot afford to have them as my enemy. We need to stand together."

I absorbed this. At least, I was trying to. "So, I'm trapped here?"

"I'm coming back, Annie."

"How long? And when can I get some fresh air?"

"I'll be gone for one night. I'll be back before you wake. I will take you outside then."

My eyes widened. "I have to spend the night with Gavin?!"

His face hardened. "Do you want the rest of the males to assist? Since you're being so difficult."

"No."

"Good, then its settled," he said, getting up and shoving his hands into his jeans pockets. He jerked his head towards the kitchen. "Gavin is here. Introductions are in order."

"Now?" I asked, turning my head in horror.

The sliding door opened. A man-just as huge as Ethan-walked in; wearing a black tank top, ripped jeans and a backwards cap. Like the others, he was barefoot. I realized that they didn't need clothing for protection. It was more of a formality than a necessity.

"Alpha," he said with a wink. He padded across the wooden floor; his weight heavy as he clobbered. He stopped beside Ethan and they clapped hands; doing some sort of bro handshake. "This must be Sol Luna," he said, turning to face me.

I swallowed the sudden lump that formed in my throat. He was just as intimidating. Underneath the cap, I noticed that his blonde hair was cropped short. He had a beard, which was a dirty blonde. His eyes were just as captivating as Ethan's. A sparkling Caribbean blue. From the people that came by the cabin throughout the week, I noticed that their eyes were abnormal. Every single one of them. Including Dina's, which were an odd hue of brown. Like diamonds or neon, their eyes glowed or sparkled, revealing the animal hidden within.

Gavin smiled at me, revealing a dimple that looked curiously related to Ethan's. I scrunched up my nose. "Are you guys related?"

Gavin barked out a laugh. "A smart one."

Ethan was trying to hide a smirk, but it was noticeable. So was his damn dimple. Ugh. "Cousins, love. We're cousins."

I knew it. "Oh," was all I could muster.

Gavin kneeled on the floor, taking up the exact same stance Ethan had just performed minutes before. It was a little eerie. "Nice to finally meet my Sol Luna." He offered a large hand. "I'm Gavin Dune."

I don't know why I did it, but I looked up at Ethan before shaking his hand. Ethan finally smiled and nodded his head in approval. I slid my fingers into Gavin's. It engulfed my palm. "Annie Bell," I muttered, looking away from his intense eyes.

His smile widened and he lifted my hand to his lips to press a warm kiss across my knuckles. "Luna," he whispered.

Ethan growled.

Gavin chuckled and released my hand, rising to toss a muscular arm around Ethan's broad shoulders. "What do you need me to do, Alpha?"

"Watch her."

Gavin nodded without hesitation. "How long?"

"Till tomorrow morning."

I nearly jumped off the couch. If I wasn't healing, I would have. "You're leaving tonight? I thought you were joking." I squeaked.

Ethan gave me a look. "Yes. I have no choice. I've neglected my duties for far too long."

"Can't you wait until tomorrow night?" I whined.

"Can't, bellula. But, do not worry. I'll be back before you know it."

I was about to protest but Ethan raised a single finger to silence me as he focused on Gavin. "I don't need to warn you, do I?"

"No, Alpha."

"Good, but I'll do it anyway. You know the rules. She stays indoors unless I say otherwise. No outside visitors are allowed. Only you. And remember," he added, "if I find so much as a fucking hair harmed on her head, I'll-"

"Kill you," Gavin finished. "Got it. But honestly, E. Do you think I'd hurt my future Luna?"

Ethan was not in the joking mood. "Gavin," he snapped, his voice a growl.

"My word, Alpha. I will protect her with my life."

"Good," spat Ethan. "Now give me a minute with my mate."

Gavin winked at me before heading up the stairs to leave us alone. I looked up at Ethan nervously.

"You will not do anything stupid whilst I am gone, will you, love?"

I shook my head. "No."

"Good girl. And you will listen to Gavin. Won't you, mea vita?"

"Yes."

He smiled again, revealing the sharp fanged teeth I was becoming all too familiar with. "Good girl," he repeated. "One night. That's it. Stay inside. Gavin will be sleeping in the room adjacent to ours. If you need anything-and I mean anything-you call him. Is that clear, female?"

I wanted to roll my eyes. "Yes, Ethan."

I was reminded that when he was gone, I'd be alone in the room. He had been sleeping on the floor beside the bed like a gentleman; giving me my space and respecting me. But now that he was leaving, I couldn't help but feel a little fearful. I was going to be alone in his room for the first time. It was still a strange, unfamiliar place. Somehow, not having him around to hover felt weird. Almost like a loss. Like a piece of me was going to be missing.

I didn't say that, however. It turned out that I didn't need to. Ethan had been hovering over me long enough to gauge my emotions, my expressions and my behavior. It was like he knew whenever something was bothering me. I still didn't know whether I was bothered by that or not.

He took a seat beside me on the couch. "What's wrong, love?" he whispered. His warm breath tickled my ear and I shivered.

"Nothing."

He wasn't buying it. "Tell me," he pressed, softly. He reached out and lightly brushed his fingers underneath my chin to turn my face towards him. "Talk to me."

I sighed. "I don't want to be alone," I muttered.

He laughed. He actually had the audacity to laugh at me. There was nothing funny about kidnapping me and leaving me to the wolves while he took care of some errands.

Pun intended.

"Will you miss me, my sweet?" he asked.

I scowled. "It's not funny. And I never said anything about missing you," I clarified.

Amusement twinkled in his eyes. "Oh, of course. But I wasn't laughing at you. I only find your denial humorous."

"What?" I asked, incredulously. "Denial? What denial?"

He lightly tapped the bottom of my chin. "Your feelings for me. You're going to miss me."

I snorted even though it was a little true...okay...somewhat true...fuck...who was I kidding? I had become attached to the bastard. I was comfortable. He was safe. Gavin was not. I wasn't going to admit that to him either. "It's just...I don't know him," I said, quietly.

Ethan frowned in confusion. "Who?"

I leaned into him and put my lips near his ear. "Gavin," I whispered.

He chuckled. "Whispering is pointless, my Luna. He hears you anyway. Our hearing is more than acute. It's perfect. But, you are worrying for naught, female. Gavin is here to protect you. Not hurt you."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"I won't do that to you!" Gavin shouted from upstairs. "Ethan will cut my balls off!"

I couldn't help it. I really couldn't. I laughed.

Hard.

Ethan followed suite. When I was sure that my healing ribs could take no more, I had to stop myself and calm down. Ethan's eyes sparkled as he looked at me, his eyes going over every inch of my face. It felt odd being under the scrutiny of such a powerful man. Especially one as handsome and burly as Ethan. It still befuddled me...how a man such as him could ever look at someone as ordinary and plain as me.

The fat girl. The one guys ignored.

Only...Ethan wasn't ignoring me. Which was hard to accept. The only other man who showed even the slightest of interest was Jerry.

Look at how well that turned out.

"Stay here, love," Ethan said, his voice gentle. "Don't leave. You'll be safe, I promise you. If you need me, I'm a phone call away."

I frowned. "You would let me use the phone?"

"Gavin has a cell. Ask and he'll call mine. For whatever reason. I mean that, Annie. Even if you're scared, you call me. Lonely? Call me." He tucked another strand of hair behind my ear. "That is what I'm here for, bellula. You. Even if you simply want to talk, I will answer. I'll stay on the phone with you all night until you fall asleep."

Shit. He knew. He already fucking knew what was bothering me. Sure, Gavin bothered me too. But not having Ethan here was the main issue. He was the foundation of this ordeal. The one who solidified the crumbling pieces. The leader. The shot-caller. His leadership kept everyone in line. They respected him. Everyone in his clan obeyed him. Not having that security was frightening. I was literally in a fucking den. A human with no way to protect herself. My only defense was Ethan.

"Okay," I whispered, swallowing back my fear.

I knew Ethan could smell it. He frowned and pressed a kiss to my temple before getting up. He took out his phone from his back pocket and showed it to me. "Call me, sweetheart. I mean it."

I nodded.

He winked and called out to Gavin, letting him know that he was leaving. I hated to admit that it hurt to watch him leave. He turned one last time to offer me a smile before slipping outside...into the night.

***

"So, what do you want to do?" asked Gavin, securing the door after Ethan's departure. He walked over to me and plopped onto the couch, causing me to bounce a little. It was something Ethan did countless times.

"I don't know," I shrugged. "Watch a movie?"

He shook his head. "Nah. Let's play a video game." He grabbed the remote, switched the input on the television and snagged the system controller. He handed another one to me. "Here. Racing. Edwin will be over with Jared in ten minutes."

I stared at him in horror. "What? Ethan said-"

He waved a hand in the air to cut me off. "I know what the Alpha said. But what he doesn't know, won't kill him, now would it?"

Two more men were coming over without Ethan's knowledge. One of which I wasn't too fond of. Jared gave me the creeps. So did Edwin, but Jared was worse. Sinister.

I tried to play video games and focus, but I was too lost in my own head. Like a mantra, I kept thinking about being alone. Alone. With three men in total. In Ethan's house whilst he was gone. It was more than troubling. It was downright disturbing.

"Are you losing on purpose?" asked Gavin, stealing a glance at me. "I've never seen a female suck so badly. Even Dina-who doesn't do too well-does better than you."

"Fuck you, asshole. Try saying that shit to my wolf next time."

I turned, catching sight of Dina, Jared and Ethan entering via the sliding door in the kitchen. I swallowed the sudden lump in my throat and quickly resumed my driving fails. I was never a good driver. Nor did I play video games consistently enough to be considered decent. Overall, my skills were lacking.

"What are you doing here?" Gavin bit out, his vehicle flying by me during a drag race. "I didn't invite you."

She snorted and took a seat right next to me, effectively sandwiching me between her and Gavin. For the first time, I noticed her up close and personal. In comparison to a human female, she was huge. Though not as big as her male counterparts; she was still frightening. I turned away when her burning gaze sheared into my line of sight. Even her stare was menacing. Like she was unhinged and on the verge of ripping something-or someone-apart. I prayed that she didn't set her sights on me.

Boy, was I wrong.

Jared and Edwin mumbled a quick hello and took a spot on the floor, each grabbing their own controllers to jump in the game.

"I invited myself," Dina said.

Gavin growled. "Well, Ethan made it explicitly clear that he didn't want you here, female. Now leave."

She clucked her tongue. "Don't be rude, Gavin. The Alpha isn't here. I can come and go as I please. Besides," she said, leaning into me and grabbing a lock of my wavy hair, "someone needs to keep an eye on the human weakling. She may kill us all in our sleep." She gave my hair a hard yank, causing my head to jerk roughly to the right side.

"Ow!" I said, moving away from her. I pressed myself closer to Gavin.

"What the fuck, Rodina?" he spat, angrily. "What's your problem?"

She smiled, revealing her own set of sharped, fanged teeth. It made me shiver. "I thought it would be obvious," she replied, her eyes fixated on me. "I don't fucking like her."

I opened my mouth to tell her off, but Edwin interrupted.

"She's your future Luna," he added, his tone neutral. "Ethan would kill you if you hurt her."

That was not reassuring.

"Key word being, 'future,'" she spat. "This is the present. He hasn't claimed her yet."

"He doesn't need to," snapped Gavin. "You know of the bond. She's already considered his. His wolf and his human deemed it so. There is nothing anyone can do-not even him-to alter that. If she dies, he goes with her."

I snapped my head in Gavin's direction. What? "What do you mean, he goes with me?" I asked.

He froze. "He didn't tell you?"

Dina barked out a laugh. "See? He isn't even honest with the bitch. He's probably afraid she'll run off and leave him for dead. Or-in her pathetic case-die from fright. We all know how weak humans are. Especially human females." She reached out and snagged another lock of my hair to pull it.

"Stop!" I said, moving away from her. I grabbed my head in pain.

She laughed again.

Gavin growled, the sound threatening and deep. "One more time, Rodina. Touch her one more time and I'll slit your fucking throat, so help me."

She directed her gaze at him with the intention of defiance.

"I'm not any clan member," he added. "I'm your fucking Beta. Alpha is not here. Which means that it's my word. My. Word. My law. Keep your claws off of your future Luna. I will not repeat it."

The defiance drained from her eyes instantly and she lowered her head, having no choice but to comply. "Fine," she mumbled.

"Good," he spat. "You," he said, looking directly at me. "Sit over here on this side." He pointed to his left-away from Dina.

"Uhhh...I can't really walk yet," I whispered. I knew they all heard me, but it felt better to whisper my weaknesses rather than blurt them out.

"Fine," Gavin said, tossing the controller momentarily to scoop me up, slide me across his thick, wide lap, and settle me on the opposite side of him.

How he did that so flawlessly, I'll never know.

"Is she heavier than she looks?" Dina asked, her eyes twinkling in mirth.

"Shut up, D," said Jared, looking at the screen. "You don't know when to just keep that fucking maw stitched."

"I'm only voicing the truth. Something you three assholes are terrified of doing. I mean, look at her," she said, gesturing to me. "She's fat and ugly. Why the fuck would the Alpha even choose something like that. I would have been a better mate!"

"And there it is," said Gavin, grabbing the controller once more to continue playing. "Jealousy at its finest."

"I am not jealous of that disgusting whore!" Dina spat.

"That's enough!" Edwin nearly shouted, tossing the controller to get up and tower over her. "I've had enough. No one invited you here, Rodina. No one. Get out!"

"Me?" she spat, getting up to poke Edwin's chest. He was bigger than her. She apparently didn't care. "I'm in the clan. Me. Not this, low-life, rundown, hillbilly, third-world, weak, two-bit, slut-hussy! Me! I fight alongside you! Not her!"

I opened my mouth once more to give her a piece of my mind, but Edwin was already on it. Or rather, on her. He snagged out a hand quickly, wrapping his long fingers around her neck and squeezing. She made a whimpering sound in the back of her throat and I watched in horror as Edwin lifted her from the floor and began to walk.

He carried her by her neck to the back door; her fingers frantically grasping at his arms and hand. She couldn't breathe and she was turning red. I gasped when he opened the sliding door and threw her outside. She landed somewhere in the thicket of darkness, thudding on the ground with a resonating boom.

"Stay out!" snapped Edwin, slamming the door shut. It moaned from the force.

My eyes were wide. Edwin calmly walked back in and took the same spot he previously occupied; seemingly at ease with the brutality he had inflicted on Dina.

Gavin noticed my expression. "Are you okay, Luna?"

I licked my dry lips. "Umm...yeah...sure...but you should be asking that question concerning Dina."

12