Apprehended Ch. 14

Story Info
Ethan takes Annie shopping. Dina escapes.
6.6k words
4.81
5.9k
4

Part 14 of the 31 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 08/31/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Apprehended: Chapter Fourteen

I couldn't conceal my delight. I sat in Ethan's car, Cheryl, giddily observing the mountain descent and passing trees coated in sparkling snow. I bobbed my knee up and down, unable to contain the thrill of being in a car with Ethan and driving for a purpose other than fleeing.

"That's quite a beautiful smile you're spreading over there," said Ethan, stealing a glance as he drove. "Would this trip have anything to do with it?"

Like a child, I giggled, unable to suppress my evident joy. "Yes," I admitted.

He laughed softly. "I'm glad to be the cause of such happiness. Where do you wish to start?"

I thought about that. "I'm not really sure. I haven't been in the town long enough to know what shops are good."

He continued to focus on the snow-covered road, descending closer to the town. "There are a couple of good boutiques that I know of. We can start there. Yes?"

Even though I was genuinely excited, I still wasn't sure if I would be able to find the correct sizes. "Do you think they'll have my size?" I asked, quietly. It was somewhat embarrassing to speak of clothing sizes. I was a larger girl. Clothes weren't that easy to come by. Especially in boutiques.

Ethan shook his head, his brow furrowing. "Of course they do. Please don't think that way. Know that females come in all shapes and sizes. Males do as well. All are beautiful."

It sounded like some cheap, cliché slogan. Though, Ethan did make me feel something other than hideous. That had to be progression. Right?

"Here we go."

Ethan parked the truck in a spot directly in front of several storefronts. There were a few restaurants, clothing boutiques and cafes. It was quite beautiful. I stared out the window, mesmerized by the lights on the lamp posts and the decorations.

"It's so beautiful," I whispered, nearly pressing my face to the glass.

"Just like you," said Ethan as he opened my door.

I eyed him with a smirk. He was insanely stealthy...and fast. So fast, that I sometimes had difficulty keeping track of his movements. "You know," I said, taking his hand that he offered as he helped me out of the truck, "you can at least act human."

He considered that before shrugging and offering me his arm. "I could. But where is the fun in that? Besides," he said, locking the truck's door, "no one sees me anyway. Most of the time, humans are in their own head, completely oblivious to their surroundings."

I elbowed him playfully. "Are you referring to me?"

He smiled. "Never. You want to get something warm to drink while we shop?"

"Oh, yes please. I'm cold."

He moved closer to my body so I could steal some of his warmth. "Come on then. I'll get you some hot chocolate."

I swear, my mouth watered.

We picked up two hot chocolates and five bakery goods-because Ethan always seemed to be hungry-and headed to the first shop. It was not lost on me that Ethan walked around in a mere tee and hoodie for protection against the frigid, winter air. Shockingly, he was wearing sneakers. I was half expecting him to be barefoot for the trip.

I nearly lost my mind when I noticed that he was also wearing a backwards cap. His hair was knotted into a low bun at the nape of his neck, with dark tendrils spilling from beneath the cap in certain areas. I didn't voice this, but he looked magnificent. His presence was not only captivating, but Ethan had an ethereal beauty to him; one that secretly expressed the fact that he was not an ordinary human male. It was hidden behind his movements; lurking with shifty eyes that were anything but normal. He didn't attempt to hide his otherworldly eyes either, seemingly at ease with the knowledge that his one blatantly obvious feature expressing his animal was not a big deal.

"What are you staring at, petal?" he asked, taking a sip of his hot chocolate.

"You," I mumbled, nibbling at my croissant.

He smiled broadly, obviously taking pleasure in the attention I was giving him. "I like you staring at me."

I laughed. "A lot of females stare at you Ethan."

He didn't like that. "I don't know what you're talking about."

I rolled my eyes. "Did you see the females in that café? They were nearly drooling. Lest we forget the males that are intimidated by your size and strength, causing them to look away or pretend that you don't exist."

He took a bite of a blueberry muffin and chewed thoughtfully before he spoke. "I don't notice things like that. You are the only one I see, sweet flower."

I gulped, hiding my blush behind the cup of my hot chocolate.

He chuckled and polished off his muffin quickly before grabbing my hand and leading me into our first shop. "Come on, love. Let's get you some clothes."

I walked into the moderately sized boutique and took a gander at the clothing racks.

"Give me your cup and food, baby. Look around. Take what you want."

For some odd reason, I had the impression that Ethan was leaving me to my own devices. "Where are you going?" I asked.

He shook his head back and forth lightly. "I'm not going anywhere, honey. I'm going to sit right there by the fitting room and wait for you. Whatever you want or need, just give it to me and I'll hold it for you until you're ready to move onto the next store."

I wanted to slap myself for overreacting. Whatever Ethan's plans were, they were working. I was finding it difficult to be anywhere he wasn't. Despite having healed from my injuries and I was more than capable of leaving or running away at any given time, that had become the very last thing I wanted to do. It seemed the vow I had made was going to be easier to abide by.

I wasn't going to dwell on that fact either. At least, not now. I needed clothes.

I smiled. "Okay." I hated to admit that it felt weird to have Ethan splurge on me. He didn't mention a budget. I never had another person buy anything for me before. Jerry certainly didn't. Just to make sure, I asked, "Hey Ethan."

He turned back to face me once more. "Yeah?"

"Are you sure this is okay? I mean, I can pay you back."

He made an odd face. One I wasn't familiar with before he finally turned away from me and began searching the shop for...something? Someone? I couldn't be sure.

"What are you doing?" I whispered, trailing behind his large form. He dwarfed the entire space yet managed not to touch a single thing as he moved. It looked like an actual art form. I was impressed.

"Bertha!" he shouted.

I jumped a little in fright, not expecting him to yell. He turned briefly to offer me a warm smile just as a small, older woman appeared from behind a flourishing curtain. She wore silver glasses and a purple, frilled blouse with a black skirt. Black, kitten heels and a chin-length bob completed her sophistication.

"Ethan?" she called out in an accent I couldn't quite place.

He smiled warmly and opened his massive arms for her. "My sweet female," he said, grabbing her delicately and hugging her into his body.

She laughed and embraced him, smacking his shoulder when he lifted her up with ease. "Put me down, big brute. That's enough of you."

He kissed her cheeks and set her down on the floor once more, positively beaming as she assessed him.

"You no come see me. It's been long time. Where have you been, my Dominique?"

"Business as usual," he replied. He looked her over. "You look beautiful, Bertha. I've missed you."

She swatted at him and smiled. "You flatter. No need. I love you anyway." They stared at each other for a few more seconds and I grew a little uncomfortable. There was a history here. One I knew nothing about.

Ethan finally turned to look at me and held his hand out to me. "Come here, my love. Come meet Bertha. My second mother for all intents and purposes."

She smiled and swatted at him again, pretending she didn't need the compliments but enjoyed his flattery anyway. Then, her green gaze shifted to me and I was now under her intense scrutiny. "Who is this?" she asked, looking me over.

"This is my mate, Annie. Annie Bell," said Ethan.

She continued to assess me, her eyes somewhat cold and calculating. Then, without warning, she broke out into a smile and stared at Ethan. "Mate, you say? When this happen?"

"Recently," replied Ethan, looking at me with heated eyes. "But not recent enough. You know how long I've been waiting, Bertha."

She nodded in complete understanding. "Ja, ja, Dom. I know." She looked over at me once more and opened her arms. "Come here, sweet girl. Give me hug."

I stared at Ethan, not sure what I should do.

"Go on," he urged, tossing me a wink.

I went to Bertha slowly. However, once I was within reach, she grabbed me and pulled me into her small body for a hug I wasn't quite expecting. It was a tight hug; one filled with adoration. It felt like I was hugging a beloved friend or family member. She smelled good as well, like warm brownies and comfort. I hugged her back, melting into her. She was just that sweet.

She patted me on the back softly and slowly pulled away, holding me at arm's length. "Please tell me, is my precious boy treating you well?" She tossed a glance at Ethan.

I nodded my head, feeling my face flush from embarrassment. He certainly was no boy. "Yes, ma'am. Yes, he does." I was not going to lie. Ethan never mistreated me.

She beamed. "Good. He is good male. He will love you fiercely. Protect you. Till day he dies."

I couldn't help it. I giggled. She was lovely.

"I love this female," she said. "Perfect choice for you, Dom. Now tell me," she said, looking at Ethan. "What you need?"

Ethan moved to stand beside me. "My bella needs clothing, Bertha. She believes she will need to pay me back for it too since I am buying."

Bertha found this comical. I, however, did not find humor in it. "Oh please," she said, waving a hand in the air. "You are mate. Dom do anything for you. Dom rich."

I swear my mouth opened to form an O shape. "What?"

She rolled her eyes. "My boy here very, very wealthy. Years and years and years of money. Time to expand, yes?"

I looked over at Ethan, who winked at me again before looking at Bertha. "So, can you help my female, Bertha? Anything she desires or needs. Anything. The works. I mean it."

She was absolutely thrilled. She clapped her hands together twice before reaching out to grab my hand. "Of course, my Dom. Ja, ja. You come with me, nectarine. And you," she said to Ethan, "sit there and wait for your female while we shop." She indicated the very chair that Ethan had said he was going to wait for me earlier.

I stared at Ethan as we moved throughout the shop, picking items at lightning speed. "What size you are, cherie?" She looked me over. "I think 14, yes?"

I had no idea how she knew that without me either telling her or taking measurements. I nodded mutely.

She chuckled and tossed more clothing at me. She pressed a few pieces near my body and skin to assess. "Pink is your color, amore, yes? Stunning. I see why my Dom choose you. You make his wolf happy."

I choked on my spit and nearly dropped the clothes I was currently holding. "I'm sorry? You know?"

She gave me a look and waved me away. "Oh please. I know my Dom for years. He is like son to me. I know everything."

I had nothing to say to that.

"Ok, you go now. Shoo. Try on clothes in dressing room." She pushed lightly at my waist.

My eyes went wide. Ethan was sitting directly in front of the fitting rooms. There was no way I was going to change into various outfits and come out with him watching. That was embarrassing.

Bertha didn't think so. "Go, go, cherie. Let Dom see beauty."

Beauty? I nearly choked again but numbly made my way to the fitting room. Ethan was drinking his hot chocolate quietly. His eyes were shifty, looking out the window for god only knew what. He must have smelled and heard me arrive, because he turned instantly once he came into my point of view.

He smiled. "You got clothes, sweetheart?"

I nodded. "Umm, yeah." I ran a hand through my hair nervously. I tried to hide my uncertainty about changing clothes, but Ethan never missed a beat.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah," I muttered, avoiding his stare. "Bertha just wanted me to try on some clothes."

Of course, Ethan knew why this bothered me. He wasn't about to let me off the hook either. "Alright," he said. "So go try on clothes." He leaned further into the seat and got comfortable, placing an ankle on his thigh. "We have time. I'm not going anywhere."

I blew out an exasperated breath. "Do I have to?"

He nodded. "Yes, love. Don't you want to be comfortable?"

Valid point. I just hated the idea of wearing clothes that could possibly show too much. "I guess."

He smiled warmly. "Don't overthink it, my flower. Just go inside, try whatever you like on and simply don't try on the others that don't appeal to you."

I guess I could do that. "Okay."

"Okay," he repeated.

Feeling a little better, I made my way into the dressing room and closed the door. There was a lock, but it felt wrong to lock Ethan out. I knew he would respect me and not come in without my permission, so I left it alone as I took off his clothing that I borrowed and began sifting through the outfits. I grabbed a grey hoodie, pink tee and jeans that hugged my hips. Bertha picked out a pair of glittery ballet flats, so I added that to match.

I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was frumpy and a little all over the place, so I picked up a piece of the top and twisted it into a messy bun, leaving the rest down and wavy along my face. I smoothed out the wrinkles on my shirt and felt nervous. Ethan was going to see me. I usually wore clothes that Jerry picked out, which consisted of ugly, over-sized hand-me-downs. Now, however, I was wearing something that I knew I liked. Something that I felt comfortable in and more like myself.

I guess this could be considered a piece of myself that was undiscovered; style choices of my own rendering.

I opened the door with trembling fingers and walked out, stopping in front of Ethan. His eyes scanned my entire body-from head to toe-and settled on my face before he spoke. "Beautiful," he murmured. "So fucking beautiful." He licked his lips, looking animalistic as he observed my thighs again.

I felt my cheeks flush and I looked away shyly.

"Pink is your color, mea vita," he added, huskily.

"Yes, yes!" said Bertha, agreeing. She was behind me, observing whilst she grabbed more clothes. "I say so too. Try more."

I complied, trying on so many outfits, I was beginning to think I tried on a few things more than once. Toward the end of my shopping spree, Bertha knocked on the dressing room door one last time and handed me something I was not expecting.

I held the soft, expensive material in my hand timidly. "I don't know, Bertha."

She smiled. "You don't have to know. I do. Now try."

I hesitated. "Are you sure?"

"Of course. Try. Try," she pressed.

I sighed and did as she said, slipping the satin material on and nearly jumping out of my skin when I saw my reflection.

Fuck.

It was a deep, scarlet dress with a silky train that pooled at my feet. Not too form fitting, the bodice hugged my hips, waist, and breasts like a damn glove, pressing my boobs together and lifting them up for maximum exposure. I gulped loudly and tried to hide the terror of wearing this. Some of my scars were visible...along with a whole lot of flesh. The new bra only added to this, accentuating my breasts even further. It was beyond risqué.

I had the sudden urge to take the entire outfit off-bra included-and just forget it. When was I going to wear something like this anyway? A gala? I laughed quietly at the thought and continued to stare at my reflection.

I was debating what to do. Should I take it off? Leave it on? I even considered lying, telling Bertha that it didn't fit. Though I knew she would see right through that. She already knew my size and what would look decent on me.

"You done, cherie?" she asked. "Come, come. Let Dom see."

I opened the door as if I were heading to the gallows. I came out slowly, nearly tripping over the train. I steadied myself just in time. Ethan's head turned from the window and he inhaled sharply, morphing into a frozen statue with his eyes on me.

I gulped. Bertha smiled and clapped her hands again. "Beautiful, amore! Simply beautiful!" She looked at Ethan, who was utterly silent. "Dom?"

I swear I caught him wince, but he hid it rather well. After which, his eyes traveled along my length. They settled on my exposed chest. "Fuck," he mumbled. I'd never seen him so...I don't know...revolted?

He frowned, making a face that reminded me of disgust before he ran a hand over his eyes; as if ridding them of what he was looking at. Which was me.

A pang of hurt washed over me and it was all I could do to show no emotion; to appear completely detached even though I was embarrassed and full of self-recriminations. He shifted his gaze, moving down, down, stopping at my thighs again, where my juncture was. He made an odd sound in the back of his throat. "Jesus," he added. It sounded like pure distaste.

I looked down at myself. I mean, I know I was showing more than I should, but I blamed Bertha for that.

I decided that it would be best to simply take it off.

I looked at Bertha self-consciously. "Should I take it off?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"Yes," snapped Ethan, immediately answering for her. His tone was sharp. Clipped. "Take it off."

I looked at him quickly and nodded, feeling my face turn bright red. I knew this wasn't a good idea. I shouldn't have tried it on. I moved quickly into the dressing room without looking at him again and closed myself in, making it a point to lock the door this time. It wasn't a massive divider, but I didn't want to be around either Bertha or Ethan right now. I need a human minute.

Or twenty.

Fuck it, maybe a couple of hours.

I took the dress off quickly and bit back the tears that made an appearance. I tossed on a random, comfortable outfit I particularly liked with some low-top pink sneakers and looked in the mirror. My face was flushed a vivid pink and my eyes were glossy. I rubbed away the tears and tried to calm down. If I cried here, Ethan would know. I needed to get a grip.

But it hurt. He looked at me wrong; as if having the dress on wasn't right. Of course, I could understand why. The dress was not compatible with a girl my size. Anyone could see that. Nonetheless, it still hurt. I bit my tongue hard, tasting the metallic tang of my own blood to redirect myself to focus on anything other than the memory of Ethan's grimace.

It worked. Barely.

I sniffled quickly and prepared myself, trembling as I opened the dressing room door. Thankfully, Ethan was no longer sitting in the chair. He was talking to Bertha in hushed tones. She too was whispering something. I couldn't discern what they were saying but when I neared, I caught the ending of Ethan's words.

"-you put her in something like that? Have you lost your damn mind, female?"

Bertha looked over at me and cleared her throat. She offered a forced smile. "You finish?"

I nodded, unable to speak. Ethan turned to look at me. He scanned my face. "You okay?"

Was I okay? Was he serious? I swallowed roughly and forced my own smile even though it was difficult. I nodded again. "Mmhmm."

I cautiously handed Bertha the dress, making it a point not to look at it or Ethan. Bertha smiled warmly and placed it on the counter. I could feel Ethan's eyes on me, nearly burning a hole through my flesh. More heat rose to my face and I tried my very best to quell it. I pretended to look around the store, touching a few items at the register in silence.

Bertha handed Ethan more than eight bags and gave him a hug. I stood to the side and watched, realizing that Ethan must have paid when I was getting a hold of myself in the fitting room. They spoke a different language to each other, and I didn't find it shocking that Ethan was bilingual. He had many impressive attributes.

12