Apprentice Dedicant Ch. 01

Story Info
Our protagonist enters the spralling temples of Arkavos.
3.1k words
4.59
3.1k
3

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 11/08/2023
Created 08/12/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chap 1.

The market was already sweltering by the time Neve got up to do her shopping. She was lucky today, so she had been told. On the streets, Arkavos was already bustling; chariots, carriages, and serf-drawn palanquins already raced through the megopolis's streets. Neve was surprised when a guard and a palanquin stood outside in the entry courtyard waiting for her. Special treatment for once, Neve mused to herself. Her father and stepmother must want to appear to actually care for her before casting her off. Hung about Neve's broad shoulders were drapes of white linen with navy strips, marking her as a vestal bound for the Pantheous Gardens. It was the infernal veil Neve cursed, tucked under with her thick long curls bound in some elaborate bun that was humid. It's dark plums were made to be free under sunlight. This made Neve hope she was given over to the Basiliacas Of Water, specifically to Auluan. His cloister was only for women, able to walk around unburdened by covering within their personal monastery. She'd never said so in front of her Helios-obsessed guardians. Besides that, Neve realized as she bounced along in the cart.

"I haven't the foggiest idea how many cardinal temples there are, let alone specific deities."

Despite this appointment, Neve had about zero affinity for religion. Nearly blacking out during any sermon she was present for. Cloistering was better than marriage. That was the only choice for Neve.

Neve picked up whatever was sent to her on the "required needs" list sent out by the induction committee at the Pantheous. A few robes were included, meaning, for once, Neve's father had allowed an excess of coin to be spent on her. It had been so for the past few weeks when Neve announced right after her 25th birthday, "I wish to spend my life studying in a temple." Not entirely true, but better than being married off at a late age to whatever merchant's third son needed a free housekeeper. Neve had been raised in the Guild Merchant's Quarter, even though her father's household now stood just across the district line in the Peacock Garden District. Rich merchants. Not noble, but running in the same financial circles.

They rumbled to a stop, and Neve exited the cart, stepping on narrow footpaths between cramped buildings. All the way back to her favorite part of the ever-seething market. A quiet nook where Neve could find clothes and colored cords unlike anywhere else in the Merchants District. A small bell sounded as Neve entered; the shop was thick with the scents of far-off incense.

"Oh, Neve, did you come here to get something for your sister Sophia?"

The shopkeeper's daughter, a familiar face, popped up from behind a loaded shelf. Like her mother, Priana had pleasant elflike features, their dark irises rimmed with emerald green in the right light. Golden-skinned, her heart shape face always made Neve's heart flutter. Which she stuffed down; such trists were taboo in Arkavos. Neve's tendency to find attraction in all walks was kept under more secretive wraps than her veils.

"No, Priana, I'm here of my own accord. I've decided to take to the temple and get out of my sister's way for her marriage offerings."

"Well, I heard that you had abysmal prospects, but I'd always hoped that you would, you know, use your talents and join one of the shopkeepers. Maybe find your own independence."

Neve sighed and continued to browse. Ruminating at some point when she was younger, she had hoped she would be allowed to join her father in his distant travels and, rather than get married, serve as a business liaison and lands where women were not looked down upon; however, her family's desire to assimilate to the nobility of Arkavos dashed that idea. To allow a woman to work would not be something that her father's newest newly established family would allow. However, the dedication of your first daughter shows the desire to assimilate the appropriate way so she would gain her family's favor and end up out of their hair. In the background, the shopkeeper continued to prattle to herself about how smart Neve had always been and how she had always hoped that she would join the ranks of free women who decided to live by the sweat of their own brows even while being cast aside,

"Such a smart girl be a damned waste to rot in the temple complex."

Neve thought so too but realized she was being scrutinized by the other wives and daughters that were in the same proximity to her and would undoubtedly mention things to their husbands that would be mentioned to her father which would later make her sound ungrateful for the opportunity to join the complex. So the young woman continued shopping and throughout the day just imagined what her life might be like had she not been born a woman.

*The Ethereal Plane*

Somewhere out in the cosmos, unbeknownst to anyone, deities watched in reflecting pools as worlds and realms turned. Intervening more for than own entertainment than any other motivation. Ayshixi was curious about this realm that they had left behind for ages. They began to look down upon it and saw a tremendous, overwhelming city that had swallowed not only other Burroughs near it but entire countries creating a place that seemed to have no end to the streets. They wondered why they had left this corner of the cosmos so unattended to their watchful eye; it seems like this place may have developed an interesting personality that they may want to reacquainted with. They become bored recently. Yes, they were not the dominant God of this particular realm however, every place could be served by a good amount of chaos being dished in to day new dedicates entered a great complex created only from the worship houses. Perhaps for the first time in many years, they would choose a dedicant that dwelled in this world, allowing them to become their next scion. The megapolis hierarchies have gotten too rigid. Too many suffered without tasting the opulence of life. It was a damn shame. Ayshixi sent a message to their favored scion realms away from this one. A pomegranate dropped and split under a tree, spilling a cryptic message. This temple was in a realm far from this miserable place. Whoever became their next monk in this miserable Arkavos would need all the support they could get..

*Arkavos*

Neve wander from Priana's shop through the cool back alleys, only stepping onto the large busier street when she neared the bathhouse. The thick white veil she wore, had three dark navy rows of embroidery. Common florals like buttercups, laced around heliotrope, men walked in wide circles around her keeping their heads down. For once, no one looked at Neve with ire or pity. In these few limited blocks, everyone knew that her father was excited to be granted his full naturalization, giving over a daughter to the temple would cement the Xinnathas house as noble merchant class. Outside of her home, at the bathhouse especially this sacrifice was venerated. Neve's scalp was oiled, and her hair plaited for free this visit, none of the other women whispered about her this time. She just hoped it was one of the Arkavos patron gods, though Neve had never visited the inner temple compounds, she knew their dedicants had it best.

For the last time, Neve stepped into the cleanly swept upper Merchant's District streets, hailing a palanquin home. There was no one there to greet her, per usual Neve's guardians were likely at some social climbing even. Whichever serf her father had recently brought home, whispered "scuse me young madame, I must load your things." Snapping Neve from her thoughts, her few possessions had already been packed into a single humble trunk, the gifts for the temple she entered in much more elaborate gift wrapping. Neve knew she was to simply wait in the front courtyard until retrieved.

Behind her, the most gilded carriage of the household plodded up.

Neve snapped back to the present, "oh no, thank you" then shuffled out of the way. Once her things were loading Neve entered the carriage.

In the carriage her father's cold pale face regarded her with nothing more than scrutiny as it always had since her mother had died. Finally breaking the silence, her even more pinched face stepmother said

"Neve you finally made a decision that makes us truly proud. Now you can pray for our families rise without standing in the way of it."

Neve barely blink slowly knowing that this moment was trying to go to her into one final argument before they left as she had wanted her to marry some random Lord on the other side of the river a petty Lord someone who owned the surfs that worked in Peganous Quarter. Going to the temple complex was the last amount of freedom she had been allowed to exercise and even then, she had snatched it.

Neve's household was not the only one giving young people over to the temples tonight.

The mass ceremony was opened by the new high priest of the Helios Temple Guild. So large was Arkavos' pantheon that less important deities got small cloisters or spaces within the patron deities sprawling monasteries. Words from the sermon barely drifted to Neve as she waited.

Neve realized that a lot of what she would be doing within the temple would probably be the same mundane chores she had been forced to do her whole life, at least inside the compound she was told the gardens were so lush that it was 20 degrees colder there even on the hottest summer day and the water from the pumps always ran clean. Something that couldn't even be assured in the better parts of the Agaria where Neve was originally born and raised until ten. With a sigh to the unknown, Neve walked through the gates of the Holy District.

Stopping to bathe in the moonlight Neve let herself shake off all these self-deprecating fears, a new life began now and the delicious lotions of orchid scent that she had had rubbed onto her by one of the priestesses as she sang filled her nostrils. Grounding the young woman in this ritual, the priestess handed her a cup of the special tea and sang some songs about letting the core of the gods take you into their halls to be found. At the end of the song Neve sighed and drank the liquid the spores within the tea took its time to gradually warm her legs creeping into her chest and across into her brain. There was a decorated pavilion with a bed roll and some snacks and water set up near the pond Neve was her only company. As the ichor began to take over the whole world sparkled around her and a sudden flush of heat came over her body, looking into the moon like pool she suddenly felt the need to swim and so peeled off all of her robes why not take advantage of the one time and the one place should be the least judged and observed in her life.

Across the pools in the shadow being watched directly as the moonbeams touched her skin a curious let's favorite God watched. Never you curious as a different kind of heat started to spread from her thighs into her body her nipples became tight while she floated in the chilly water, greater pleasure mounting as the water lapped over her sensitive nipples. Neve gasped and leaned into it. The Watcher a little sly smile peel from her lips "good." She crooned. Unbeknownst to Neve the tendrils became more manifest glowing and rolling like lights of Aurora borealis in the small pond. Stroking, tickling and teasing Neve's legs. Neve continue to swim, wondering if whatever was in that tea would replicate this feeling every time she drank it. Her thick dark hair spread through the water like a living creature floating gracefully on top as its silken curls stretched out becoming waterlogged, the Watcher noted how this woman had probably never once realized that she was one of the most beautiful creatures that entered this place in years. Something inside of her was free and strong had always been pushed down to serve others.

As the moonbeams became whole one of them decided to wrap itself around the base of Neve skull grabbing the hair for some leverage, Neve found herself moaning having never been gripped so closely in her life. She had a few fumbling before, as most youth did, but nothing so purposeful And otherworldly force drove over the end of the pond she laid out on a moon bathed rock. There was a deep ache between her legs that she had felt but had rarely allowed to be satiated, she moved her hands down in order to touch herself, finding her lily already slick and ready with want. Also confused by the feeling of being strained by the moonbeams spreading her arms and legs out to expose her most intimate places. When Neve was sure she would catch on fire, a soothing and sonorous voice came from a cluster of tropical trees right next to the pond. From the shadows a voice that enveloped her completely spoke

"You will be my scion on this earth girl"

The voice felt like red velvet on Neve's skin. I can break this shadow stood above her and when I opened her eyes she looked up to see the most beautiful woman, even though she was partially hidden by shadow never could tell that this was just a way to dampen her beauty. It would probably be damaging for a mortal to see a God fully to their face. With a pointed hawk like nose and dark pool eyes this woman looked like she had been sculpted from the finest stone itself her skin was like dark red clay smooth and unmarred. Never had also realized that she had never seen a likeness of this goddess anywhere and she had been to many temples. Not a subtle good confusion and grinned slightly smile across her entire face with full lips,

"I am Ayshixi or part of them, you may call me Lady Ixi."

"What are you even the goddess of," Neve asked dreamily adding

"I've never heard of either of those god names."

For a moment the warmth of the drug she had been given began to wear off and then they began to worry that she would be the only monk in a tight unknown shrine the back of the complex forever. Lady Ixi chuckled,

"we cover many aspects but I am that of the moon, portals, and forbidden discoveries."

Lady Ixi planted A salacious kiss on her inner thigh moving so quickly that she had been standing above Neve at her head and then was suddenly between her legs.

"Will you give yourself to me mortal? If you, please me worlds upon worlds will be open to you and no place especially not this city will ever contain you again."

Neve decided that this was likely the best divine offer she would get and replied.

"yes I will submit to your will and..."

The goddess narrowed her eyes a bit,

"I love it when they come a little bit of untrained, but the groveling is for later, first you will call me lady Ixi mortal, second understanding my terms may change your mind"

Neve snapped back; no mushroom tea was going to stop her from having a temper.

"Then what do you require?"

One of the solid Aurora tentacles left up and stroked between her legs and her sensitive clit. Then raised up and slapped her soundly on her mound. Lady Ixi grinned,

"You will gather what I ask, trust that I protect you, if you follow the tasks I set before you, great revelry and freedom."

"What do you mean?" Neve was cut off by two moon beams slapping both her breasts. Then the wrapped around each of them firmly, again making the heat rise. Another now gently gripping her throat,

"What did you say my pet?"

Neve tried to reply but could only nod,

"Give into me fully, I will not push you beyond your threshold."

While Neve did not know what this could mean, she felt the goddess's warm hands stroke her thighs, making them ache and turn to water at the same time. Neve nodded with excitement. That was all Ixi needed. Soft fingers is nerves a thumb pressing on the pearl between Neve's petals, rubbing in slow circles. Never grew more surprised as a tendril formed above her face rubbing on her mouth until she opened it to accept it deep into her throat. Something came over her and she relaxed into it to the sensations. Bliss washed over her more she gave into lady Ixi's torturous pleasures when two of the goddesses fingers slipped inside her driving slowly. Neve felt them strum against a hot tender spot inside her, it made Neve writhe in Ixi's hands. The lumonois lady smiled, pressing into the spot over and over while it became more swollen. Rhythmically Ixi drove her fingers deeper and deeper inside. Neve felt herself become so slick between her legs, the nectar dripped while her legs shook. Lady Ixi's wild eyes shone with satisfaction above her, finger fucking Neve into oblivion. Watching as the gasps became more desperate, Neve whispering "oh fuck," quietly to herself after Ixi had the tendril remove itself from her dedicants throat. She's talented at that, Ixi smirked and noted. Then just as Neve's muscles began to spasm and her clit began to twitch, Lady Ixi stopped. Pulling her finger out of the dripping depths that wanted satisfaction. Neve's legs trembled.

"You will do," Lady Ixi crooned, kissing Neve on the forehead, the goddesses' fingers then trailed down her back. Before Neve could look back to kiss the apparition, Lady Ixi was gone.

Aching Neve rose up shakily, deciding to rinse off in the pond that she had just been, afterward laying herself down on the bed made under the small pavilion for her. When she awoke whatever strange aura had taken over the previous night had disappeared, and she wondered if it had all been a dream. Not the kind of dream she was supposed to have of course, was she even chosen by a God at all or was it a trick of the tea.