All Comments on 'Arctic Night'

by Omenainen

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
BramblethornBramblethornalmost 2 years ago

I was supposed to be going to bed instead of staying up late reading. Another excellent story.

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 2 years ago
Know something...?

I thoroughly enjoyed Cruising Altitude whenI read it and you know something, Omen? I think this story is even better, a total delight. I could almost feel the bitter cold of the ice, the heat of the sauna, the beauty of the wildlife, the burgeoning relationship between the women, so good were your descriptions. I know that you are (probably) neither British nor American so now I'm guessing at one of the Scandinavian races. Whatever, your writing is of the very highest standard and you deserve every compliment I can offer. When I can make the time, I will definitely get round to reading other stories of yours. Once more, congratulations on a fine piece of work.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoestherealmost 2 years ago

I wasn't sure what to expect when I opened this. Well edited. Well told. Definitely the unexpected gem of the day, and easily 5*. Thank you forgot all the care that went into it!

EarlyMorningLightEarlyMorningLightalmost 2 years ago

Another gorgeous story.

I particularly want to call out the ending as unexpected and delightful. It’s awesome to see poly/ENM as part of a happy ending, and it felt right for Katja’s character! That she would build her life on her own terms.

Along those same lines, it’s great to kick off Pride month with some awesome bi representation.

yoongyoongalmost 2 years ago

Loved this so much!! Your writing is amazing and I loved the little plot twist at the end. Katja and Brid are definitely soulmates and I would love to see more about them if you’re willing to write it!

EarlyMorningLightEarlyMorningLightalmost 2 years ago

Omenainen 🤝 Shakespeare

Exit, Pursued By a Bear

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonalmost 2 years ago

A beautiful story, beautifully written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

... wonderful ... beautiful ... heart touching ... thank you!! (no labels, from my side ;-) )

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 2 years ago

Have not read all of your “work”, but will correct that omission. Just finished this piece the other day and already intent on rereading: richly developed characters, a beautiful setting that captivates and a storyline that resonates with insight/thought provoking pauses at several levels. You placed your piece in the Lesbian Category — get that, but obviously a romance between two who connected in so many ways. Well, obviously I am caught up. Thanks for sharing; clear why you are followed. 5*

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiteralmost 2 years ago

Damn it. I hate crying. The story is perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Like another reader, I really enjoyed this beautiful story, I will be following your work from now on. 🙏🙏🙏

fallwatcherfallwatcheralmost 2 years ago

What a delightful story. You are such an amazing writer! I look forward to your next piece. Thank you for sharing with us.

fallwatcherfallwatcheralmost 2 years ago

What a delightful story. You are such an amazing writer!

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienEllealmost 2 years ago

Now *that* is a Love Story! Wow. Can't stop smiling.

OmenainenOmenainenalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you all for your lovely comments! I've been surprised and delighted with how well this has been received.

@yoong, you're in luck! My Nude Day entry, which will come out shortly, will feature a kind of alternate reality take of these two. It is a different story in tone, more short and smutty than long and romantic, but the characters are kinda sorta the same ones :-)

XactoXactoalmost 2 years ago

Another lovely story! The word I keep coming back to is FREE. Katje seems so free and well-balanced. ❤️❤️❤️

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Lorealmost 2 years ago

5 stars,

It was a bit to fast paced for a romantic story. She fell in the hole and then they were naked. It seemed like it shifted from a short story about a hook up to a longer romantic story.

Anyway, I liked it.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenalmost 2 years ago

I loved it, thank you for sharing it with us!

AmberCloudAmberCloudalmost 2 years ago

What an outstanding story. I loved every word. As someone of Norwegian descent, I was incredibly moved by the way you summed up the culture, and translated between Brid and Katja and how they see the world. It’s fascinating to me that generations later in America, that same way of approaching life continues for those of us with Scandinavian roots. My family is also of few words, something I’ve often struggled with in relating to other Americans from different backgrounds. Not to mention, your story made me want to visit Norway to see where my ancestors lived! I can’t wait to read more of your stories!

observer888observer888almost 2 years ago

So beautiful, I loved the exploration of place and culture, as well as the very beautiful love story.

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirtalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely fabulous! Going into my favorite stories list. You made me cry, but happy tears. And though you didn’t say so, I’m assuming Katja didn’t shoot the bear since killing Mama would have killed the babies as well. A reckless decision but I totally understand that. Don’t think I could live with months of unending darkness, but I also loved learning more about the land and culture. It’s not one that gets nearly enough attention and that’s a shame. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

still have to read it. But I am.

According to

https://www.tatlerasia.com/culture/travel/svalbard-one-of-earths-last-untouched-wildernesses

nobody locks doors in case somebody needs to seek shelter from polar bears

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank YOu!

Wonderfull story.

Tawny33Tawny33over 1 year ago

Really enjoyed it :) I'm left feeling heart warmed and at peace.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ohhhh. Yesssss. Sweet and so full of love

Aurora_DickensonAurora_Dickensonover 1 year ago

Another beautiful story. Your characterisation is perfect. We end up loving both Brid and Katja, although they are so very different from each other. Five stars.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

Fabulous ….. what a fantastic adventure …… a tale in a down to earth place and moving just around two hut’s, ok a polar fox and a polar bear ….. what a wonderful written tale and you transferred amazing daily experiences and safety importance’s for us readers …..

ten stars ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

UncertainTUncertainTabout 1 year ago

Excellent writing, a wonderful story.

chris_coupchris_coup11 months ago

Beautifully told, well done.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Surprisingly, after reading this, I just want to hug Katja. A great big, long hug. I don’t know why. I just want to hug her.

And maybe be hugged by her.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Another well written, beautiful story. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Actually, physically gut wrenching when Katja left. It was like knowing the train was about to leave the station, and then watching it go and being surprised at the tears.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOmenainen@Omenainen
I write stories I like to read and publish them here in hope someone else might enjoy them too. Comments are much appreciated. English is not my first language, so go easy on my mistakes. I’m also writing under a second penname with the wonderful AwkwardMD. Our collaborat...