All Comments on 'Are We Done?'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 254 Comments
youngbrainoldbodyyoungbrainoldbodyover 2 years ago

Short and to the point!

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 2 years ago

Neat story. Normally don't read in this genre but recognized the author.

Cheers

SAGE

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffover 2 years ago

This needs more background, to learn the why, or whys.

26thNCuck26thNCuckover 2 years ago
1 Star

Trash

-26thNC

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
Yup, it is all fun and games until someone loses an eye

This little story is very close to the way too many people live. There are sometimes in life when there are no do-overs.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Short and to the point!

5

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

Short, but, good. A lot packed in a flash story. 5⭐s.

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry but by leaving, he actually loses his claim to the house. As a lawyer, I would make the reasonable claim that he abandoned the marital assets and will need to buy her out.

Further, I would argue that being a no-fault state, it doesn’t matter why he wants out of the marriage but that he has an obligation to keep her in the manner to which she is accustomed and will need to continue to pay for upkeep in the property.

By the time I’m through with him, he’ll be living under a bridge with the rest of the homeless.

Feoalex81Feoalex81over 2 years ago

Thats right be a man and walk away with your self-respect. Fuck the bitch is her lost if your a high enough value man the girls will come to you.

BruceWoBruceWoover 2 years ago

If only I had the guts to do that when I found out

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 2 years ago

A perfect story. Short and sweet, no violence, just words. Ttminds me of some of Ohio's stories. 5 stars

OnethirdOnethirdover 2 years ago

Short and sweet. The only part I would take issue with is that she’d ever let a long soliloquy go on before interrupting. That was a hell of a lot of patience there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very unoriginal. It's been done.

Bebop3Bebop3over 2 years ago

Five stars, of course. A study in effective brevity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How cum cuck fag and wimp writers are able to write eons of prose and make us want to vomit over successive days…but none of the real writers can write more then a page? Sad…totally sad !

OdiouserOdiouserover 2 years ago

What story? There are NO characters defined here, not even much in the way of physical descriptions. We don't know if this was an uber-rich couple in their 60's or newlyweds in their teens. NOTHING about them or how they think, at all. Just BTB where the burn seems to consist of her having to be deprived of his companionship going forward. Not much of a punishment it seems. I hate being critical, but you have such an incredible record of Followers per story, that I felt very let down.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Thermonuclear BTB, powered by the reactor taken from the crashed U.F.O. carrying the Martian Slut Ray.

.

VERY good writing. Quick, sharp and efficient! 5/5!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The husband did the right thing by stepping away from the whore. However, he should give Bill pictures of Gloria, who is also a whore

4*

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 2 years ago

A poignant and powerful vignette, surprisingly complete. Thanks much.

CagivagurlCagivagurlover 2 years ago

Straight to the point. Firm and eloquent. Very well told. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good! Short and crisp. Well done!

Sandhauler64Sandhauler64over 2 years ago
Did t give a score

I love your story but hate one page sorry if it not two or more it’s not a story it a paragraph to me look like a good one but again to short of a q story

justwetwojustwetwoover 2 years ago

Nice flash bit of fluff; thanks for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

'I heard her before I saw her. She stood for a minute in the doorway, waiting for me to acknowledge me.'

That is as far as I got, I fixed it for you:

I heard her before I saw her. She stood for a minute in the doorway, waiting for me to acknowledge HER.

jwbailey00jwbailey00over 2 years ago

This was more like a synopsis than an actual story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

would have given it more *'s, but it only felt like the beginning of a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This might have been a good story, if you had actually written a complete story, instead of just an ending to a story. In the future please don't be so lazy. Please write a full story that includes such elements as character development, plot, and little details, such as how the MC found out that his wife cheated, and got pictures of the cheating. Perhaps you and JPB could team up, and he could do what he does, and you could write the ending. 3 stars, because at least it concerned a cheating wife, a husband who was not a wimp, and consequences. Try harder next time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great to see you submitting a new story, Q. Short and sweet, it's disappointing in a way because we love your long stories even more . This will do (for now). Hope we see more in the near future. Thanks for posting! 5 stars, as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story - but I want to know more about what she did and how he found out!

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 2 years ago

Short sharp to the point thank you

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

Right to the point I guess. D

Impo_64Impo_64over 2 years ago

A flash story that says it all...Very, very good! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I hope your next input would be a long story, yours are among the best here.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Ok, I'll be lenient this time. I'll let this pass.

It was a flash story with so many holes to plug.

But if that is what the author intended, it is as it is.

Good thing I like the works of this author.

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 2 years ago

There's a whole lot of story there in a short stretch of dialog. That's really well told.

JayDiverJayDiverover 2 years ago

Short and to the point, enuf said.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

As always, extremely well written piece. Problem is it's just that, a piece. I struggle to give it my usual full 5* for your works with so much missing. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Unusually short. Getting old are we?

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 2 years ago

I'm not sure how many women just don't get it that there are two kinds of guys: a) guys who disrespect their marriage and either have affairs or condone ones of their wives and b) guys who don't. If you cross a guy in class "B", don't expect to walk away unscathed. Nice one, short and to the point, Q. Good to have you back.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 2 years ago

Short and sweet! Great flash story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Do most women really think, they can check out of a marriage, and the husband will be there waiting, when they decide to come back? Here is a reality check, 2020’s style.

Marriage for men and women, used to be a rite of passage, like learning to drive a car.

Today, if you are lucky, you have one shot at it. If a woman gets divorced, and is over the age of 35, the odds of getting remarried, are against her. If she is over 45, slim to none. Women typically got married, for stability, and to have and raise children. Men typically got married for sex. Today, nobody gets married for sex. It’s readily available, no commitment necessary. Your average woman today, will go through her most “ marketable” time frame, her twenties, at best, living with a guy. So it really amazes me, that all these happily married women on Literotica, will throw it all away, just for a different sexual experience. However, there is no law, against being stupid.

MigbirdMigbirdover 2 years ago

Unoriginal version of well worn scenario: Husband finds out that wife’s “girls night out” was without the girls, confronts wife with knowledge of her infidelity, leaves while she sobs on her knees. Too short for any character development or erotica.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 2 years ago

I like it. I do believe she can see a new future for herself also. 5*

SkubabillSkubabillover 2 years ago

Qhml is truly 9ne of the best. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done. Short, sweet and to the point.

GrimmerGrimmerover 2 years ago

Concise and spot on.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Omnipotent main characters are no fun and not interesting. Yawn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"what did you think of this story?"

Answer: not much.

I mean, c'mon qhm1, you're way better than this tirade.

I litterally fell asleep before finishing the story because IT'S BEEN DONE ABOUT 100,000,000 TIMES ON THIS SITE ALONE!!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

The first line was a bit confusing, but it was a well written piece. I'm not crazy about stories that are basically a statement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written, but the inclusion of the LW cliche about the big dick as at least a partial motivation for the cheating was an unforced error. It literally added nothing except an inane LW cliche. Why do so many authors here think a big cock is an asset? Is it watching porn? Is it normie penis envy? The number of women who can handle a significantly larger than average cock is very small - they are statistical outliers just like the big cocks. Women know that "big cocks" hurt, and what they look for in an affair is entirely different...they mainly want attention, some excitement, romance, etc. In other words, the drivers are emotional, not some compulsion to have something larger in their cunts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why does the cheating wife always, always, always, have to go for some guy with a dick right toward the right end of the bell curve of all men that have ever lived on this planet? Other than that, it's pretty much just a soliloquy and not much of a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Quality writing and quality plot from a quality author in one of tne highest quality flash stories in months!

.

5 *****

Rainman80Rainman80over 2 years ago

You are an excellent storyteller! Thank you.

pepepilotpepepilotover 2 years ago

It is short, sweet, and to the point! Good job.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Nice....but unemotional. Not much of a BTB....reads like a legal proceeding or a government bid package....ie rather boring. Not your usual in depth gusto...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That's how to deal with a lying conniving cheating bitch of a wife. Shed all the tears you want but after doing that, there is no talk after obviously showing the marriage meant nothing.

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadover 2 years ago

Nice vignette. Short and to the point.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 2 years ago

I never quite “get” this type of flash story. I think of them as “man lecture fantasies.” They are a distillation of a specific LW trope: the want for a world where others exist primarily to silently listen to our hero, and know that he is right.

Every choice made here….the wealth, the setting of the confrontation, his ability to manipulate her friends like pawns…is crafted specifically to provide a sense of advantage and control that predates our arrival. With that as context, and by trimming the fat that is journey and characterization, you have made the lecture the sole contributor. This is a story about a speech.

Treating a lecture as character ultimately makes this a story about feeling in control and being right. It’s a story about others having to recognize that you’re right. It’s a story about the feeling of winning. That’s it. The reader gets dropped in at the moment of (for us, unearned) victory, because the feeling of being victorious is the only thing that the story ambitions to deliver. It’s the story equivalent of a fix.

This is a commentary on the type of story you wrote, obviously, and not on the quality of your writing. I’ll just add for measure that I deeply admire your work, and have returned to stories like Love Shack numerous times over the years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

just walk away, no point staying and fighting when she had already left.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great and to the point. Just no long enough to put on the pain on the cunt that needs to be there. Like a long term STD for her . And for him finding a big tit blond that would never let anyone around her except her new husband and children.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fucking A! Great story! Jackie said all that needed saying..Five stars ⭐️ for this one.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Don't you get tired of always the same crap you write?

Always the same cliche, a highly moral husband who pontificates over a stupid cheating wife while she sobs and begs.

Drivel like that will always get moronic BTB male couch potato crowd to cheer and give a high rating. One has to be low IQ to enjoy adulation of these imbeciles.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really great BTB story, short but definitely straight to the point.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 2 years ago

Enjoyed it. The one thing that felt jarring to me was the “figuratively” at the end. Did you really need that?

Rocket081960Rocket081960over 2 years ago

Powerful story! Thank you!

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

I am so glad you are still writing!!! Great short one. I would have left her penniless and living in a cardboard box!!!

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfover 2 years ago

Love your work but absolutely hate short stories. Very well written but no exploration of characters' personalities. Would love to see either a rewrite or a prequel and a post script.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Short but sweet. 5 *s. My only complaint is that when I saw this was a QHML story, I was expecting a long, very satisfying read. Maybe next time. Thanks for posting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

more

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
All exposition

It's all exposition for the reader. None of it is interaction with the wife. By this point (divorce papers signed) she already knows all this. So not really a story or even a convincing vignette.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 2 years ago
Short, Non-Sweet & Succinct

FTDS not needed. Do I care how Hubby managed to get all the data? Nope! He explained enough to Sweetie to be compelling.

Ciao! Adios! Sayonara! Do Svidanya!

5*

kelchakelchaover 2 years ago

So, was it worth it to her?

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 2 years ago

Another side to the great Q. Simple and to the point. Well done.

Hooked

Avalanche2015Avalanche2015over 2 years ago

Seems a tad short to me, well written but more like Scene 1, Act 2 rather than a storey.

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Good story as usual, but not really a revenge tail. I took it more as a “come to Jesus” type of conversation. She tried a lie and he laid out the facts. Odd things, facts, they seem to be completely out of vogue these days, especially in politics.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Surprisingly short, standard, BTB. Not bad, but not what I'm used to from this author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why leave her comfortable? To salvage a portion of his pride, wreck and ruin showered on the cheating slut would be a great start.

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionover 2 years ago

My comment is not a judgement of your excellent abilities as a writing and story teller. I’ve enjoyed and read, then read again, many of yours.

I read your story, hoping it would be something different. Unfortunately, it’s turned out to be a reminder why I avoid the Loving Wives category. It’s far too familiar to my own experience.

Again, no judgement on your tale. Finn

uk_writer_53uk_writer_53over 2 years ago

So where was the Loving Wife in this? Did I miss the change of the genre to Cheating Wives getting divorced? Just a pile of angry rubbish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Punctuating Dialogue, 101

.

If a paragraph doesn’t begin with a quotation mark, that indicates it’s narrative.

.

When one character is speaking and is not uninterrupted by narrative or another character talking, every paragraph starts with a mark, but only the last one has a closing mark.

.

When one paragraph ends with a quotation mark and the very next one starts with a mark, that indicates the character speaking has changed.

daggettdaggettover 2 years ago

I have personal rule now that I should comment or at least give a number to any story I read through completely. That being said, I'm not a fan of BTB stories so the only comment is that the writing was good, but just seems like a lot of time spent on anger and vitriol. Gave it for 4 for the writing; content: "eh".

BSreaderBSreaderover 2 years ago
Interesting story

Too short but it was to the point.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Great short, complete, BTB. Another cheater who thought she was too smart to get caught is burned. Nuff said.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
Is Jackie a guy or girl?

I suppose you left that vague on purpose? Since he/she didn’t go on the “girls weekend” it leans towards a guy. But to get an interesting twist to the clichéd trope (its cliché for a reason; it’s good) if they were in a female same sex marriage. Yes, you can cheat in a same sex marriage. But to make that plain I’d use “Please, Brenda, please. Stay...” instead of Jackie. Now? That’s up in the air.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

good writing as usual but too short for my tastes. Typical actions for woman who's bored and needs or wants excitment and something new. The when they get what they wanted they realize what they have lost.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

Well written example of anger.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 2 years ago
Why bother?

You're such an awesome writer why bother writing this sort of........ Thing?

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 2 years ago

Standard

You have written much better

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Short and sweet....another BTB featuring a self absorbed sociopathic bitch wife who thought she was Dr Moriarty.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

Sometimes a monologue is all that's needed. Good story and a good solution to a bad problem.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Oh my you got the small dicked UK cuckies all a tither.

My god thats funny, worthless limp wristed closeted men upset that they couldnt get another story of a big cock/cuck that they could live vicariously through, because they fear coming out to everyone. Seriously that is fucking funny as all hell. Aww no cream pies for the men who dare not actually get it from the source. No wonder the brits lost the American Revolution, they were too busy trying to see what size bulges the American soldiers had, and then dreaming of being rammed by them. George Washington wouldnt have been so proud of the Continental Army if he knew they beat a bunch of closeted cucks.

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsover 2 years ago

More, if you’re so disposed. Please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

All these commenters calling this a BTB story - how? All he did was leave her. And he left her with enough resources to live a comfortable life. How did he burn her? Is a refusal to reconcile now a burn in LW?

jimjam69jimjam69over 2 years ago

Short, to the point. Nothing more really needs be said. Well done because you managed to paint an entire story with minimum words. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

good story but i felt gypped as usually you write longer and more in depth. i would love to see more on this story.

Love your writing overall and you're one of the best on here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not up to your usual, I'm sorry. You're usually a master at creating interesting characters that we can get to know; nothing here but cardboard cutouts. Going back to reread some of your others.

phill1cphill1cover 2 years ago

Are we done? Cause this left no real mark. It's as if we went to a political rally for BTB. Does this story fulfil a quota of BTB before you're admitted to the BTB Author's Society?

I hate the main character: Just go. You're boring the sh!t out of me.

I hate the female character: all sobbing and not understanding and then just whining and crying and begging.

I hate the notion that the man has all the power: changing locks, keeping the woman away from her kids, etc. and at the same time whining about the financial cost. Grow a fucking pair!! Freedom ain't free.

Is this really the way you see a heterosexual relationship?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories