Are We Even Now? Pt. 06

Story Info
A fifth conclusion to BlBones' "Are We Even Now?"
8.2k words
4.21
47.3k
53
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

BlBones wrote "Are We Even Now," a story about a woman who finds out her husband has cheated on her with two different women, and takes her revenge. The story is available at https://www.literotica.com/s/are-we-even-now-pt-01 . BlBones supplied four different endings to it, none of which I found completely satisfying for various reasons. Therefore, following his example, I have written yet another ending, so others can, in their turn, find it unsatisfactory. At least it's different, and gives readers yet another option. I have contacted BlBones to get his permission to post, but have not received a reply.

As usual, thanks to BlackRandl1958 and stev2244 for their advice, assistance, and friendship. As usual, I don't particularly care whether my characters get what they deserve.

I woke up about nine in the morning. My movements woke Burt and he looked over at me, smiled, and said, "Good morning, beautiful." I detected movement under the sheet and when I reached down, sure enough, there was a very hard piece of meat rising. I didn't wait for an invitation. I took hold and pumped him to full hardness. I straddled him and lowered myself onto his rock-hard cock. He fucked me hard before we dressed and went to the kitchen. You know what? He's damned good in bed. A lot of ladies have been missing out, but I sure wasn't.

After being fucked four times by Burt in the last twelve hours, I was surprised to find that I really was not feeling sorry for what I had done, and in fact, I had really enjoyed it. I hoped our marriage and friendship would survive, and would do what I could to make it happen, but I didn't regret a thing.

It was after ten o'clock when I put on my robe, Burt pulled on his trousers and we went into the kitchen. The kitchen hadn't been used; it was exactly as it had been last night before we went to bed. Burt and I looked at each other with the same thought: where was Tad? Suddenly, the house seemed eerily quiet.

Burt and I had spent most of the night either sleeping or so involved in each other we wouldn't have noticed a bomb going off, but somewhere on the periphery of my consciousness, I could remember Tad being noisy and profane long after I thought he should have given up and gone to bed. After all, I'd made it clear that nothing he could do would change anything.

"Maybe he's asleep in the guest room," I suggested.

"No, the door was open, and he wasn't in there. I expected to find him down here. He wouldn't have left, would he?"

I wouldn't have thought so, but we checked the garage and sure enough, Tad's car was gone.

"Well, you did tell him not to disturb us this morning," Burt said. "Maybe he just wants to take himself out of the way for a while to calm himself down. He was pretty upset last night, and we both know he has a temper."

"He does, doesn't he?" We shared a grin as we remembered earlier episodes when Tad had flown off the handle. "I have a bit of one myself, in case you hadn't noticed."

"Yeah," Burt responded. "Remind me not to piss you off."

I laughed. "But fortunately neither of us holds grudges, and we've gotten very good at making it up to each other." I sighed. "I do love the guy, you know."

I put on some coffee and we fixed breakfast together. Funny, after we'd shared pretty much everything a man and a woman can share, there was an awkwardness as we moved around each other in the kitchen, he in just his trousers, me naked under my robe. I guess I had gotten so used to sharing the space with Tad that I could predict where he'd be and what he'd do. Just as we were ready to sit down, Burt put both his hands on my shoulders and turned me to face him. The warmth of his hands penetrated through my robe as he held me.

"Whatever happens, I will always be grateful for last night, and I'll always be your friend, as long as you'll have me."

I didn't know what to say to that, so I smiled and patted his cheek.

We got more comfortable as we ate, talking of other things. Finally, Burt addressed the elephant in the room.

"What do you think he'll do?"

I shook my head. "I don't know. I understand that he's angry, even though he brought it on himself when he cheated. I understand because I was just as angry at him. I know he loves me, though, and I do love him, in spite of what he did and what he probably thinks right now, so I think this will pass. I hope so, anyway."

"Do you think... well, do you think it might have been too much? I mean, it was pretty brutal."

"Yes, and it was intended to be. I'm not going to put up with his cheating, and I'm not going to spend the rest of my life wondering if he's staying faithful. I had to do something that would hurt him badly enough that he'll never even think about cheating again. The burnt child and the fire, you know. After you leave, I'm his again, and we can start over with a clean slate."

"What if he doesn't see it that way?"

I thought a moment. "I guess that would depend. If he needs some time to get over this, I can understand; I'll wait for him for as long as he needs. If he needs to be persuaded that I still love him, I can do that. If he is going to play the outraged husband as he did last night, or if he tries to get even, I won't put up with that."

We sat for a few moments, each with our own thoughts.

"Sandy, I really hope you and Tad work through this, and that Tad and I stay friends, but you have to admit there's a possibility that might not happen." Burt took a deep breath and went on.

"Last night, I told you that the reason I'd never married was that I'd never met anyone like you. Tad is, or was, my friend, and you're married to him, so I would never have made a move on you. We all three know that. After last night and this morning, I know you're everything I thought you would be, and more. I know you have feelings for me, too, both from what you said and from how we made love. You told Tad last night that you were just using me, but we both know better than that, and I expect he does, too.

"What I mean to say, Sandy, is that I never wanted to interfere between you and Tad. I still don't, any more than I already have. But I also want you to know that Tad isn't your only option."

Our eyes met and held. I'd fantasized about Burt, and he, too, had been better than I had imagined. He was right: when we were in our bed, we had made love, not just fucked.

"Burt, you're right: I didn't just use you. You're my friend, and after last night, you're all the more special to me. But for now, I'm still Tad's wife, in spite of what he did and what we did, so I'm not in a place to think of options. I feel exactly the same way you do about last night, and if things change, I'll let you know."

'Hmmm," Burt grinned at me. "It sounds to me like I'd better do something to make sure I'm the only option you consider. Besides, you said you wouldn't be Tad's again until I've left, and I'm still here, so you're fair game!"

With that, he took my hand and gallantly raised me from my chair. He kissed my hand, then seized me and threw me over his shoulder. I shrieked and squealed like a little girl as he carried me up the stairs, into the master bedroom, and dumped me unceremoniously onto the still unmade bed. Fortunately, it was a king, and he was thoughtful enough to avoid the wet spot. My robe fell open as I landed, his trousers were off in a flash, and he fell on me and set about ravishing me.

I had initiated each of our previous fucks; Burt had let me take the lead. This time, he started it, and he was in complete control. I willingly surrendered to him, reveling in the sensations as he had his way with me. He unleashed a combination of tenderness and intensity that had me panting and squirming in no time.

...

Burt was gently snoring, and I lay contentedly in his arms, when I happened to notice the time. We had a half hour to get to the airport! My panicked scream woke him; rather rudely, I'm afraid. We scrambled into our clothes, running madly around the room, bumping into each other. It was like a scene from the Keystone Kops. Fortunately, Burt was an experienced traveler who could pack quick and light, and it was only a twenty minute drive, so we made it just barely on time. We laughed and giggled the whole way there.

We shared a final tender kiss together before he boarded. It wasn't a hot kiss, or a passionate kiss; it was a lovers' kiss.

"Remember, I'm your first option," Burt insisted, with a cheeky grin.

"How could I forget?"

"Tell Tad... Tell Tad he's still the best friend I ever had, and I hope you work it out and get past this. I really mean that."

"I know. I don't know if he'll ever see it that way, but I believe you." I could see he was still torn.

"But if you don't..." He left the sentence hanging. We told each other take care, shared a final hug, and parted.

It seemed like I floated home on the cloud of memories of my time with Burt. I was brought back to earth when I put my car into the garage, and Tad's still wasn't there. I sighed. Still, Burt was gone, and I'd given my word. I was once again Tad's wife, and it was time to begin putting all of this into the past. I cleaned up the kitchen, poured myself a glass of wine, and sat down to call Tad.

His phone went immediately to voice mail. I tried two or three more times; the last time I left a message. Speaking as gently and lovingly as I could, I told him that Burt was gone, I was his again, and it was time to start building our new life together. I put a bit of sexiness in my voice as I told him I was waiting at our home for him to reclaim me.

It was up to Tad now. Not knowing what else to do, I went to our bedroom. The bed was a shambles, and the room smelled like it had been used for an orgy. For a moment I basked in the pleasant memories, then realized that if Tad came home to this, he would blow his top, and rightfully so.

The sheets were in the washer, the windows were open and the room was airing, and the bed remade with fresh linens: our nicest ones, that we used for special occasions. I really did love Tad. We had invested 12 years in each other, and I wanted him back. I wanted to start the family we'd been talking about. Suddenly, I missed him terribly. I opened his closet to sniff his clothes, to see if I could get a scent of my man.

I recoiled in shock. Fully half of his clothes were gone. Two suitcases and a carryall were missing. I ran to the little cubbyhole we called his study. His briefcase and laptop were gone. He had known what time I would have to take Burt to the airport; he had come home while I was gone and taken enough with him to last for weeks. He had not left a note or a message.

I called Tad and left another message, this one begging him not to make a permanent decision about us while he was angry. I told him I understood if he needed some space for a while, but please at least tell me where he was.

About an hour later, Burt called me to let me know he'd arrived safely at home. He sounded tired, so I asked if he'd had a bad trip. No, he said, the trip was fine, but then he'd called Tad.

"When I called from my cell, he wouldn't pick up, so I called from a number he didn't know. I wanted to tell him how sorry I was and how I hoped you two would stay together, but I didn't even get three words out before he started shouting and swearing at me. When he'd called me just about every name in the book, including a few I didn't know, he told me he never wanted to see or hear from me again, and hung up. So he's still pretty mad."

"Yeah, I know. It turns out while I was taking you to the airport, he came by the house and took all his work stuff and about half his clothes. He was gone again when I got back. I've tried to call him, but all I get is voice mail."

"I'd be sorry to lose him as a friend, but it looks like that's what's happening."

"Are you having second thoughts about what we did?"

"No, I'm not," his response was immediate. "I mean, I know it hit Tad really hard, but I understand why you did it, why you felt you had to do it, that is, and it was a fantasy come true for me. I don't regret a minute of what we did. I remember what you said that if he dropped me over this, he wasn't a friend worth having. I just hope someday, there's a way Tad and I can be friends again."

"Well, you and I are even better friends than we were before. I hope that counts for something."

Burt laughed. "It sure does. If I have to choose between the two of you, I pick you. Let me know how things go."

I told him I would, and we hung up.

I had finished my solitary supper and was cleaning up the kitchen when my phone rang. It was Tad.

"Oh, Tad! I'm so..." He cut me off, his voice low and hard, as if he were barely keeping it under control.

"So are we fucking even now?"

I thought for a moment, planning my answer.

"I'm sorry you're upset, sweetie, and I don't blame you, but you know you brought it on yourself. I had to do something that would make us even, and yes, I'm willing to call us even now. I also had to do something that would make sure you would never put us through this again, because I love..."

"Love?" He shouted at the top of his voice. "You fucking skank! You think you can say you fucking love me after all the goddamn shit you pulled with Slimeball Dickhead? That word doesn't come from your shit-filled mouth, you..."

This time he wasn't under control. He spewed unkind and unloving words at me at the top of his voice. He may have repeated some from the night before, I don't know; I wasn't listening that closely. He showed no sign of slowing down, and when I heard something crash in the background, I just hung up.

So Tad was still playing the injured husband. As I told Burt, I wasn't going to accept that. All I did was finish what he started, in a way that was both effective and pleasurable. I understood his anger and would give him some time and space to cool down. After all, I had been just as angry at him for exactly the same reason, before I worked through it with Burt. He hadn't had a similar opportunity, so I understood that he would need some time. Still, I would not accept his blame-the-victim game, and heaven help him if he worked out his anger by cheating again. I had told him that we were even now, and I meant it, but if he upset the balance, he would not like the consequences.

I would have to play Burt somewhat carefully, at least at the beginning. He obviously had some sympathy for Tad; it was probably a guy thing. On the other hand, Tad couldn't offer him great pussy, and I could. Besides, every time Tad ranted at Burt, he was driving him straight into my arms.

They say that men are better at keeping parts of their lives separate than women are. I don't believe it: I know women who have had years-long affairs, pretty much living two separate lives that don't touch each other. It's like they're two separate people in one body. I'm not like that, but I put in a long, productive day at work, not bothered in the least by the state of my home life. Besides, it was all up to Tad now.

Tad wasn't home that night, and his phone still went to voice mail. I left him a nice calm message, telling him I would give him the time and space he needed to come to terms with what had happened. I said I was ready to talk whenever he was, and I loved him and wanted him back home for the rest of our lives. I made my supper and went to bed early: it had been a few days since I'd gotten a full night's sleep!

The next three days were the same: I worked, came home to an empty house, left a voice mail for my husband, and went to bed early. Burt called me Friday morning to see how I was doing. We talked for a while; he'd left messages for Tad, too, but Tad hadn't responded to him, either. Neither of us was looking forward to the weekend alone, so I asked if we could spend it together.

"Do you really think that's a good idea?" Burt was a little dubious.

"Yes, I do," I responded. "Tad's had a whole week now to get over it, or most of one. He's the one who left, anyway. If he needs more time, all he has to do is tell me, and I'll give it to him gladly. Instead, he's playing the wronged husband, and I won't put up with that. He started this by cheating on me; he doesn't get to play the injured party now. I don't want to spend the weekend by myself, and it doesn't look like Tad's available. Didn't you say you wanted to be my first option?" I put a little tease into my voice.

"Hell, yes," he responded. "I just want to respect myself in the morning."

I assured him that I would respect him more than ever, especially if he was as good as last weekend. We set it up that I would fly out that evening, and he would meet me at the airport. I decided I should leave a voice mail for Tad; he still wasn't taking my calls. I had to let him know that my spending the weekend with Burt wasn't part of his punishment, nor was it about wanting to have sex. Though I was hoping we would, and I knew that Burt would please me, I really would have preferred reconnecting with Tad. It was just that I had spent the entire week by myself except for work, and I couldn't handle spending the weekend alone.

"Tad, I'm leaving tonight and spending the weekend with Burt at his place. I wish I were spending it at home with you, but you aren't here and won't talk to me. Burt is still the best friend either of us has in the world except each other, and that's why I'm going to be with him. I've been alone all week, and I don't think I can handle the weekend by myself, so I'm spending it with our friend. It's not about sex or about punishing you, though I imagine we probably will have sex. I'd much rather do it with you, and if you come home, I will, and that's what I really want most of all.

"My flight leaves at 6:00. If you call me any time before I get on the plane and tell me you'll be home, I'll drop everything and come home to you. Otherwise, I'll be back around 9:00 Sunday night.

"Tad, I want to start over with a clean slate for both of us, and I'm ready whenever you are. Please call me. I love you."

I waited until the very last minute to board the plane. I wasn't sure whether I hoped Tad would call, or hoped he wouldn't, but in any event, he didn't. I sighed as I turned my phone off, following the flight attendants' instructions like a good girl, and settled in for the short flight.

Random thoughts about my marriage flitted through my head. Tender thoughts as we considered starting our family. Knowing each other so well and intimately after twelve years married, but we still couldn't get enough of each other. We fit together so perfectly, in so many ways, and had only gotten closer. The call from Mr. Ewing; I had actually laughed when he told me Tad had cheated on me for two months with his wife and another woman. The moment when I opened the envelope and saw the pictures. They say your heart can't really drop into your shoes. They're wrong. Feeling at once enraged, betrayed, worthless and powerless. Hatching my scheme. Anticipating what I would feel; how Tad would feel. On stage at The Club: feeling more desired and powerful than ever before in my life, while Tad sat sullen and powerless. Still on a high; blowing Burt in the car. Letting Tad rage impotently at me, then squashing him like a bug with the pictures, then leading Burt in triumph to our bedroom. The sweet sex as a good friendship turned into something more: just what, I didn't yet know. I would find out more this weekend, I supposed.

I'd been hurt; no, devastated. I'm no doormat; I couldn't just let it go. I didn't want a divorce. I'd invested twelve years in this marriage, and besides, I still loved the guy. It wouldn't have hurt so much if I didn't. The punishment I delivered was intended to make sure he'd never do anything like that again, and reclaim my self-respect. It worked. What was wrong with that? Besides, it was over now. This weekend wasn't part of the punishment; I just didn't want to be alone. If I couldn't be with Tad, and I didn't even know where he was, I would be with my next best friend, Burt.