All Comments on 'Are You Sure?'

by StoryTLR

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
TajfaTajfa5 months ago

I think the story needs another part. Tara needs to learn what a dangerous game she is playing. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Names, names, names!

There is nothing more continuity busting than name mix-ups, and this story had a lot of them.

Good plot, characters, and dialogue, but those name switch-ups knocked this onedown a peg.

darien1971darien19715 months ago

tom and jerry....come on

AZslyderAZslyder5 months ago

Not your best work, bit directionless..doesn't need a follow up. 2

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Sucks!

EightyThousandEightyFiveEightyThousandEightyFive5 months ago

I appreciate what you were trying to do, but the interweaving of two narratives in two timelines, complete with disparate dialogue, with no textual indicators of the shift was just too disjointed and jarring for a good read.

dragonmann72dragonmann725 months ago

Tara on the other hand is just beautiful. She's a little ditsy, and a lot of fun to be around.

The hardest to swallow, no pun intended, was the condom. I know, I know, diseases, the chance of pregnancy, I get it, but you know what it feels like. But anyway, I agreed to always use condoms, but he gave in to no condoms during oral.

I guess the whole bunch were ditsy, you can get an STD just as easily from oral as any other way.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

There is no way she should have put up with Jerry's crap. There's love, and there's being a door mat. She was a door mat and still is.

Jerry was a cheap, controlling, faithless slut. It will only be a matter of time before he knocks up Tara, or Mary falls for some other flirting asshole, and then the child will suffer.

No honourable characters here, not even Tom, who courted a married woman, and gets steamed up over his wife's friend.

Even Kelly is a tragedy waiting to happen, with her temptations just under the surface, bubbling away, all too ready to deflect but leaving just the slightest sliver of a chance under the right circumstances to fall.

Makes you feel like emigrating to some Alaskan wilderness.

Even her story was not really enough of a parable to make Tara really consider her choices, but that's a lost cause anyway, she's already pushed her own relationship into an ocean full of white peaks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

There’s some good writing and plot in there but that needs some serious editing. The name mix ups really detracts and beyond that it got very rambling, almost stream of consciousness, but unintended and poorly done.

Please don’t undervalue the editing part of the writing process.

Tomh1966Tomh19665 months ago

Winner. Gave ya a 5.

Tom & Jerry. LOL. Wonder how many people will have no idea on that reference.

WargamerWargamer5 months ago

You desperately need an editor, if you have they failed you.

It got quite confusing sometimes who was who.

Don’t want to work hard as the reader to enjoy your story

Scores 3/5

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Shame on the editor for letting so many glaring mistakes get past both of you. I agree with anon, it was hard enough to follow that I pulled the plug early. I gave it two stars for trying, but after 26 stories you ought to be writing better.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Jerry was a piece of shit and Kelly was an idiot for believing anything that came out of his mouth. A fool married to an evil character always comes out on the short end of the deal. BTW, Tom & Jerry... really???

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

She's telling Jenny today the story about Tom, but Jenny in the past seems to already know about him.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wow! Was Kelly an incredibly stupid woman! What kind of stunted character agrees to the arrangement she had with that POS Jerry? And put up with it for so long? And even when HE pulled the divorce trigger, she begs him to reconsider? She had ZERO self respect!

.

And now she is giving “open marriage” advice to the female equivalent of Jerry?

.

3 ***

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy595 months ago

I believe any discussion about open sexual relationships in today's society is critical. I like this story and give it four stars for that reason. The killer of open sexual relationships always comes down to oral. You can get oral everything from herpes to HIV. If an infected person goes down on another or swaps spit while passionate, the end state is the same. A marriage, even family potentially harmed or destroyed. Genital herpes on your tongue or lips can impact your children by complete accident. Any couple opening up their relationship must insist on a valid drug test within a week of sexual activity. There must be some good-faith assurance that the person you are bringing to your bed hasn't had sex with anyone since the drug test. To swing or have open relationships, more than ever, swinging requires vetting of the potential partner (assuming you are clean and disease-free and also show it in recent tests). It is a very inconvenient truth. Still, a good conversation to have. Now get it on...safely.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Bullshit. I hate sluts who feel they have to wear down married people and fuck up their relationship. If i was Tom, Tara's ass would never be welcome after the FIRST discussion about swapping.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer5 months ago

Yeah, I noticed the number of name mix-ups. It was irritating to have to re-read to check which person it should have been. But I enjoyed the basic premise of "Beware Open marriages". Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One question, What happens when Dan no longer sees Tara as sexy but a rutting slut?

There is a truthful saying "For every drop-dead beautiful girl there is at least one guy tried of putting up with her bullshit."

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

1 star - sorry but sharing stories turn me OFF.

If you used the tags properly and included the words sharing, swapping, bi-curious, threesome - my filters would have weeded it out. Now I also need to include 'open marriage'. WHY? because open marriages always fail miserably.

USE THE TAGS PROPERLY

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Now that his one I liked it. Good outcome.

Captcha

Happily_Married87Happily_Married875 months ago

The story was good overall, but had to go back sometimes due to you getting the names mixed up several times.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Why be married if all you want to do is screw around? These two sound like women that just aren't ready for the resposibilities of marriage. The writing was okay, the story was not.

BrianluvsBrianluvs5 months ago

Well done. Grabbed my attention . To the point and enjoyable. Thank u for ur writing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Very much a pointless story with far too many mistakes in name attribution.

Every reader was waiting for the lesbian scene. No one cared about Jerry, it was clear he was a nob right from the off. Really didn't matter what Kelly did or didn't want or do ... the pregnancy seemed unplanned or his behaviour was even weirder ... so even Jerry wasn't really in control. Well played Mary.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Pretty good story, but "Kelly's" story to Tara is a cautionary tale about the possible/likely risks of an "open marriage." Despite her first husband pushing her into an open marriage, he ends up divorcing her because he becomes jealous of Kelly going out with Tom. Moreover, Tom thought Kelly's first husband was an idiot for allowing her to be in an open marriage. Obviously, Tom was smart enough to recognize that allowing a hot personable woman like Kelly would attract lots of top tier men and thus, put her first marriage in jeopardy. And that is exactly what happened; her first husband divorced her and she ended up with Tom. She now seems happy with him so why would she risk that by keeping the door open to a future spouse swap? And why would she imagine that Tom would have any interest in opening their marriage when he thought first hubby was an idiot for doing so. Finally, Tara is a one dimensional slut who doesn't care that her husband is very reluctant to open their marriage. She is a divorce waiting to happen. So there may be a sequel but given how the author has drawn these characters, it will end poorly for both women.

P.S. Do a final edit on your stories. There are several times you mix up the husbands' names and it is very distracting. 4****

miket0422miket04225 months ago

Please get the names straight before you post a story.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit5 months ago

Nice try, but it's FAR too tangled-and-mangled, too garbled and rushed, and you appear to be tripping-over your own tongue in your rush to to get your words out! Some things you're repeating over-and-over again, whilst other things are glossed-over at best. Your pronouns get jumbled up. Within one clause you managed to thoroughly confuse your readership

Quote:-

"And is this what YOU told Dan, YOU wanted to feel the excitement of a new cock in MY mouth and new tongue in MY pussy?"

END of quote.

Question - WHOSE pussy, whose mouth? Tara's? Kelly's? or Tom's?, Jerry's? Sylvester's or the Widow-Twankie's?

Confused?

Disorientated?

Lost the will to live?

R.S.

DessertmanDessertman5 months ago

I got confused by the names mixups. I didnt enjoy this stor.y

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Stupid games, stupid prizes. Jerry was a loser and did her a favor exiting her life. Now she needs to find a better class of friends, and neighbors.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Boring

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Seemed to be a good story in there, but it was so difficult to read. Get it edited and repost. I will not score it now.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Where did the story go? There never really was any point to this?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The term ‘Open Marriage’ can be substituted for the more appropriate ‘Future Divorce’ because they don’t work, anyone telling you that they are happily in one is lying to you and themselves.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice5 months ago

5 stars. Originality deserves recognition and this was a clever twist on a frequent theme.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It’s funny but for all the supposed errors I never noticed them. I guess it depends on whether you like the premise of the story to begin with. I can’t say it was a great sex story, it was about her relationship and eventual divorce so it wasn’t upbeat or hot but I did finish it so that says something.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Couldn‘t follow this story as continuously the names were mixed quite confusing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

"...My husband Tom, that pervert, is always checking Tara out..." - – — Kelly says this just after saying...

"...Tara on the other hand is just beautiful. She's a little ditsy, and a lot of fun to be around. Tara has both men and women drooling over her. I know I do. Ever since I met Tara, I've been bicurious..." - – — What?

Talk about having a double standard! Kelly's husband is a pervert for checking out Tara, but Kelly is only bicurious? I'm surprised she didn't continue with "...tee hee! I'm to pretty and cute to be a pervert!"

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

WYPIWYG - what you pay is what you get

Karn9Karn95 months ago

Good story, check your names in the middle I was confused as Tom and Jerry were mixed up at the party.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Sure are a lot of dumb asses in this story. Two stars...one name mix up too many.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I hope this is the end. It does NOT deserve a continuation.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

OK, that's the prologue. Now get on with the story.

StoryTLRStoryTLR5 months agoAuthor

I’m sorry if readers were confused by this story. I read through it to see where there was so much confusion with the names and only found one error and I apologize for that.

The story was my twist on the old “we need to talk” All the stories are about a wife wanting the open marriage and the husband having to deal with it and the eventual outcome.

ForensicFossilForensicFossil5 months ago

Names are switched and garbled. These name mistakes can happen when editing, but as a reader they jump out at me. They would to an author, too. So I conclude the author did not do a final read. If he doesn't care, why should we?

I made the same comment about a HDK story that had switched and garbled names. He messaged that I was right, apologized, and vowed to do better.

Classy.

Regguy69Regguy695 months ago

Sorry, but to me "Open Marriage" is either just a " pre-divorce" or two people who don't care enough for each other to be committed to their marriage, but can't get divorced for some reason - usually money. I've known two couples in open marriages and one wife was happily getting all the dick she craved while the others were miserable and both couples eventually divorced. Granted a sample of 2 is not much, but I think it's representative.

OOAAOOAA5 months ago

Good story!!! 5 stars from here

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

good story about an open marriage between two people that were not honest, willing, enthusiastic and committed enough to warrant an open marriage.

Pinto931Pinto9313 months ago

I have only ever seen one open marriage and it ended up a disaster. I think of open marriage as just being a divorce in waiting.

oldtwitoldtwit2 months ago

Apart from naming switches, nice enough plot, and written in a nice way, in the real world I think open marriages must work for some, but probably don’t, in the long term, for most.

These days it’s "The Thing" to be in some sort of more than a couple, type of relationship, to me it’s just that marriage has been changing as divorce has become so easy, yep, I’m divorced, nobody seems to want to put much effort into keeping together, it’s just easier to get rid of present partner and pick another, that’s going to be fine until A you get old, B you don’t have a lot of money and C you become a lonely person

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Her husband was having sex with someone else, and she was OK with it. "For me, I wasn't interested in having sex with anyone else. And what Jerry was learning from other women was enough to keep me happy." Yeah, right. You expect us to buy this? Maybe we do. We are reading the crap you write.

olblueyesolblueyes26 days ago

im glad kelly finally woke up and joined the fun,,you can never have too many friends OR lovers,,it helps in your older years,,,,my ex wanted an open marriage, but she had an agenda ,,she was looking to move up,,thats right, i was expendable!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous