Art in Reality Ch. 02: Words Slip Out

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'No. I want you to come with me. And stay with me.'

Katie stepped forward and pressed her body into him. She wrapped her hands around and pressed his head into her chest, as he looped his arms around her waist. They held each other in a long, warm embrace.

'Do yo want to go today or tomorrow?' Alex asked.

'We'll have to go today I'm afraid, if that's okay? I need to go a see my agent tomorrow lunch time. And I need to go shopping for an outfit.'

'I had better see if any of my suits still fit then. It's been a while since I've needed one.'

'I bet you look amazing in a suit.'

'Unlike you, who looks amazing in everything, and nothing.'

Katie pulled back from the hug.

'Even worn, rain crinkled old rags?' she asked.

'Hmmm, yep,' Alex nodded as he looked her up and down.

Katie leant in and kissed his forehead. Then moved down to one of his cheeks, and then across to his lips.

'Oh, bother,' Katie whispered after a moment.

'What?'

'Here I am stealing your soul again and I suppose we really should get going. It's a long drive, and it's Friday. We want to get into town before the Friday rush hour. Which is in fact hellish for about four hours.'

'That's a point.'

'But I want to go back to bed,' Katie adopted a surly tone and stuck out her bottom lip.

'There's no time for sleeping, I'm afraid,' Alex chided.

'It's not sleep that I want.'

'Well. Can we not-sleep in your bed in London?'

'Yeah. We could not-sleep on the sofa too,' Katie rolled her eyes up and around as she pictured her home, 'and in the armchair. On the kitchen counter. In the shower. Up against the wall. Lots of places to not-sleep really.'

'That sounds like it might take some time,' Alex laughed.

'Hmmm, maybe,' Katie responded coyly.

'I'll have to pack plenty.'

'Yep.'

'Actually; in all seriousness, how long could I stay for, if that's not being presumptuous?'

'Forever.'

'Right! Okay.'

'Why?'

'Well; do you remember me mentioning I'm going to America soon?'

'Yeah, to meet American book people.'

'I'm going next Thursday. Flying from Heathrow. So I could stay with you and then...'

'I'll handcuff you to the bed on Thursday so you can't leave,' Katie interrupted.

'Oh well maybe I shouldn't stay with you then?'

'No no no. Will you really come stay with me for a week?' Katie asked with a big, excited grin.

'If that's okay?'

Katie opened her mouth to say yes, but paused for a moment before saying, 'does it come with any perks?'

Alex grinned.

'No not really,' he replied flippantly, 'and you probably won't get much sleep.'

'Okay that's fine,' Katie said quickly, then pounced in for a kiss.

*****

'This is a lovely little holiday cottage,' Alex commented.

'Isn't it? And not too pricey either actually,' Katie replied, as she continued to flit about the room, packing her belongings.

She disappeared upstairs for a minute or so, before re-appearing with a small bag of bathroom things that she tossed into her case.

'That's everything, I think.'

'Splendid.'

'That's the advantage of leaving a rental,' Katie continued, 'you don't have to think about what to pack, you just pick up everything that belongs to you!'

'Yes indeed. I'm a bit worried if I've got everything I need. For London and America.'

'Passport?'

'Yep.'

'Tickets?'

'Yep.'

'Credit card?'

'Yep.'

'You'll be fine.'

'So simple,' Alex smiled, 'why didn't I think of that.'

Katie zipped up her travel bag and picked it up.

'Oh bugger,' she suddenly exclaimed, and dumped the bag back down on the sofa.

'What?' Alex asked.

'I was going to change. I'm still in day before yesterday's clothes,' she replied as she opened the bag back up and began to rummage about in the contents.

'Sorry.'

'I was wondering what the smell was,' Alex replied.

Katie looked up to check.

He was grinning. 'Shall I have a look upstairs, in case you've missed anything?' he asked.

'Yes, bugger off,' Katie retorted.

Alex headed up the stairs.

Just before he reached the top of the stairs, Katie called out.

He turned to look down at her. She was holding up a pair of knickers in each hand.

'Shorts or thong?' Katie asked with a mischievous smile.

Alex paused for a moment.

'I hope to find out,' he said, before turning and continuing up the stairs.

Katie turned back to her bag and pulled out some more clothes.

'Dammit, he's just too good,' she murmured to herself contentedly.

She stripped off and re-dressed.

She chose baggy cotton trousers, thinking they would be more comfortable for the long drive than the tight jeans she was wearing; and a loose shirt, with a short vest underneath.

Perching on the end of the sofa, feeling much better with fresh clothing on, she could not hear any movement from upstairs. After what felt like a considerable pause, she walked over to the bottom step and called up, 'have you gotten lost up there?'

A moment later Alex reappeared a the top of the stairs and began to descend.

'No,' he replied on his way down, 'I was giving you some privacy.'

'Oh.'

Katie felt herself blush.

She rolled up onto tip-toes and pecked a kiss onto his cheek when he came within reach.

'Thank you kind sir.'

Alex smiled.

'Ready to go?' he asked.

'Yes.'

Katie slipped her hand into his as they walked out to the car together.

*****

'God I'm glad that's over,' Katie said as she dumped her bag down onto her front door mat.

'I've never seen traffic like it,' Alex confirmed, 'two accidents, plus the M4, plus Friday afternoon rush hour, clearly equals hell on wheels.'

'And we were heading into town. Imagine the poor souls trying to get out.'

'I should think they're still sat there.'

Katie pulled her keys out of the bag and unlocked the door.

'Welcome to my humble abode,' she said as she stepped in and switched on the lights.

Alex followed her in and caste his eyes around the converted Victorian warehouse.

'You live on a film set,' he exclaimed, 'this is gorgeous.'

'I quite like it,' Katie said with a grin.

Alex scanned the vast, open-plan space. The majority of it was dominated by a large working area, which was full of canvases, several easels, and work benches covered in paints and pots of brushes of every imaginable colour and size. To one side was a kitchen area and a casual living space, with a sofa and a couple of chairs. On the other side of the cavern was a mezzanine level, with a stunning wrought iron spiral staircase leading up to what he assumed was a bedroom. Beneath this was a door that was open just enough to see tiles on the floor and guess the bathroom was inside.

'It costs me a fortune in rent,' Katie continued, 'but I don't think it's more than a separate flat and studio would be combined. And it's so lovely to be able to work or chill whenever I fancy.'

'And what a view,' Alex added, looking through the vast windows that dominated the far wall.

They were on the sixth floor of the large, converted building, and looked out over thousands of twinkling lights of the city of London.

'Different to yours, but beautiful in a different way,' Katie agreed, then noticed that he still had a rucksack over one shoulder and a suitcase in hand.

'Chuck your bags down anywhere. Do you want something to eat?' she asked, 'though I'm not sure what I've got in.'

'I think my stomach is still reeling from that meal,' Alex replied as he set his bags down behind the sofa.

'Oh me too. How did they get it so bad?'

'Special training for motorway services I can only assume.'

'Drink?'

'Mmm,' Alex nodded.

'Wine?'

'Why not.'

'Red?'

'Yeah.'

'Sit.'

Katie went to the kitchen area and pulled up a bottle for a small rack at the end of one of the counter tops. Alex slumped down onto the sofa and watched her uncork and pour. He never tired of the delicious glugging, sloshing sound of wine pouring from a full bottle.

'I love the...' they both began, before pausing to let the other speak.

They met each others eyes.

'The sound,' they said simultaneously, and grinned.

Katie sat down next to Alex on the sofa and offered him one of the two, large and exquisitely delicate glasses. They chimed beautifully as they tapped together.

'Cheers.'

'Cheers.'

The wine was bright and tangy; driven by fruity strawberry and raspberry flavours, with a mildly peppery tingle.

'Very nice, thank you.'

'You're welcome,' Katie smiled, 'I suppose as your host I should be offering you an exciting night on the town. Guide you through the London night scene.'

'Hmmm,' Alex hummed, 'or we could just sit and drink wine.'

'Oh yes,' Katie sighed and slumped lower into the sofa, resting her head against the back rest, 'thank you.'

'It was a torturous drive.'

'Horrible. What time is it anyway.'

Alex glanced at his watch.

'Just after nine thirty.'

'When did we leave?'

'About eleven thirty.'

'Oh, god.'

The pair sat in amicable silence for some time; pleasantly sharing company and wine.

At length, Katie tried to stifle a huge yawn.

'Oh I'm sorry,' she said.

'That's okay,' Alex smiled, 'the drive must have been exhausting.'

'Would you mind if I were terribly rude and went and had a shower?'

'Not at all.'

'I feel like a poor host. Leaving you on your own. Can I get you anything?'

'No, thank you. I could catch the ten o'clock news on the telly?'

'Yes, of course.'

Katie stood up and went over to the screen on the wall. She turned it on and brought Alex the remote control.

'Do you usually watch the evening news?' she asked.

'I think I do tend to yes. It keeps me just enough connected with the real world, whilst otherwise enjoying the isolation of deepest, darkest Cornwall.'

Katie smiled sleepily.

'I'll have that shower.'

She walked over to the windows and tapped along a row of switches. With only a slight hum, electric powered black-out blinds began smoothly descending across all of the windows.

'Snazzy,' Alex commented from the sofa.

'All mod cons,' Katie smiled, before disappearing into the bathroom.

Alex settled back into the sofa and switched the television on.

Half way through the news programme he heard the shower turn off, and a few minutes later, turned to see Katie re-emerge when he sensed the door open.

She had a towel wrapped around her head and another wrapped around her body.

Alex was pleased to see her lovely long legs bare again.

'You all right over there?' Katie asked.

'Uh huh.'

'I'll be down in a minute.'

Alex watched her climb the spiral staircase and up to what he assumed must be her bedroom. It was an open platform above the bathroom, but was high enough to prevent him seeing any of the furniture up there. Shortly after Katie disappeared from view, Alex heard a dryer, as Katie blow dried her hair. He turned back to watch the end of the news.

When Katie returned and sat back on the sofa, she was wearing pastel blue, silk pyjama shirt and shorts. The top was embroidered with exquisitely intricate stitching of vines and leaves, and tiny flowers, in dark blue thread.

Katie had fastened only the centre two buttons on the shirt, just below her bust, leaving a large stripe of navel and chest exposed, and a generous view of the inner curves of her breasts.

'Wow,' Alex softly exclaimed, 'I suddenly feel both under and over dressed.'

Katie leaned forward and placed a single, soft kiss on his lips; then snuggled up to him on the sofa.

They cuddled through to the end of the news.

'Would you like another glass?' Alex asked, when the program had finished.

'No, I've brushed my teeth,' Katie purred, 'I'm ready for bed.'

'I see.'

'Are you ready for bed?' Katie asked sleepily.

'I could get ready for bed?'

'That sounds like a good idea.'

Alex looked down at Katie straddled across his lap.

'That means I have to move doesn't it?' she asked after a moment.

'I'm afraid so,' Alex replied as he stroked her thigh.

'Bother.'

Katie laboriously lift herself up off the sofa and stretched upwards, lifting her arms high above her head and arching her back. Alex took in the lovely view of her hips and tummy before he stood up to join her. She took his hand and walked him slowly towards the bathroom.

'Shall I wait upstairs for you?' Katie asked on top of another yawn.

'I think you better had, before you fall asleep standing.'

'I'm sorry. I am super excited you're here, really,' she replied earnestly.

'I'll be up in a minute.'

Alex watched her pad up the staircase before he went back to his case by the sofa, to collect his wash bag. He had a quick wash in the bathroom, used the toilet, and brushed his teeth. All the while he thought about what could happen next. At first he wondered whether he should go upstairs dressed as he was, or naked, or perhaps just underwear. He decided for the latter. Katie was minimally dressed, so he should match that.

His excitement grew as he played out a number of scenarios in his mind, blended with vivid memories from the previous night. He decided he wanted to begin by returning the favour of the incredible oral attention Katie had given him. The thought of getting his tongue between her legs made his mouth water.

Out of the bathroom and having stripped down to his boxer shorts, Alex went and dropped the rest of his clothes onto the top of his case. He looked back round and up at the raised mezzanine floor.

His heart thudded in his chest, in a combination of sexual arousal and the excitement of the soon to be discovered.

He took a deep breath and moved towards the stairs.

The wrought iron was cold and hard on the souls of his feet, in contrast with the wooden boards of the studio floor.

At the top of the stairs, he paid little attention to the bedroom, though it was a beautiful space. His eyes were fixated on the object of his desire.

In the centre of an enormous bed, Katie was draped like an angelic figure in an oil painting.

Alex stood for a moment and admired every inch of her.

Elegant feet. Smooth, long legs. Tummy button and a hint of cleavage peeking out from under sumptuous silk pyjamas. Soft hair spread haphazardly over an inviting white pillow.

Heartbreakingly beautiful features. Sculpted jawline and cheekbones. Soft, red lips. Smooth skin, lightly sprinkled with freckles. Long lashes fanning out from closed eyelids.

Alex stepped forward to the foot of the bed.

His eyes would have been content to simply look on; but his body was straining for more.

He circled round to the side of the bed.

Close enough now to hear her long, deep breaths matching the rise and fall of her chest.

He lowered himself gently onto the bed and laid down beside her.

Sensing the slight tilting of the mattress, Katie shifted her arms a little and sighed.

Only then did Alex realise; she was asleep.

Chapter 4

Alex woke up and discovered he was alone in bed.

He laid on his back, looking up at the huge iron beams that spanned across the roof structure, and listened.

There was nothing but the distant, blended hum of traffic, punctuated by the occasional passing of a vehicle closer by.

He got out of bed and walked over to the balcony rail. Casting his eyes around the studio floor, he could see no sign of life. The window blinds were closed and the lamps that were on the previous evening were still lit.

He walked down the steps, and felt his joints mildly protest the unusual angles of the spiral staircase. When he reached the floor he spotted a note stuck to the front door.

- Didn't want to wake you. Gone for a run. Back soon. X -

Alex turned back to face the apartment, then walked over towards the windows. He found the switches for the window blinds and experimentally clicked one. A single panel obediently slid open and light flooded into the space.

'That'll do,' Alex winced as his eyes adjusted to the daylight.

He looked out at the city and the bright blue sky above it.

He yawned and stretched upwards as he idly wondered how much sleep he had gotten.

Not a lot. He had spent a long time simply looking at Katie. When he had finally drifted off, he woke again several times and realised how unaccustomed he had become to sharing a bed.

He wandered around the studio space, picking out more of the details than he had the previous evening. Ending up on the other side of the apartment, in the kitchen, he drew himself a glass of water from the tap.

Just as the glass reached his lips, he heard a key slid into the lock. He turned to see the front door open and Katie step inside.

She was wearing running shoes, a small, skin-tight pair of shorts, and a sports bra.

Alex choked on the water.

When she heard the cough, Katie turned to see him and broke into a dazzling smile.

'Good morning.'

Alex coughed again, trying to clear his throat.

'You all right?' Katie asked.

'Yes,' Alex croaked, 'you go out running dressed like that?'

'Yes,' Katie said, as the smile fell from her face and she wondered what was wrong with her clothes, 'why?'

'Because I'd suggest you're a hazard to road traffic. Dangerously distracting.'

Katie bounced back with a broad grin and closed the front door.

'For your information,' she said as she walked towards Alex, overtly running her eyes up and down his body, 'I mostly run along the canal tow-path.'

'Oh, so you're a danger to shipping as well then.'

When she drew close enough, she reached her arms around and grasped his boxer short covered bottom; then lifted her chin up to present her lips for a kiss.

Alex held her waist and kissed her.

'Sorry, I'm all sweaty,' Katie apologised.

Alex slid his hands around to her back and pulled her firmly against himself.

'I don't mind,' he replied; then kissed her again.

'I need a shower,' Katie said as she softly ran her hands up and down Alex's bare back.

'I was thinking the same just before you arrived.'

'Oh, well you go first. I should stretch out really before I cool down.'

'Okay.'

Alex gave her one more kiss before reluctantly letting her go and walking over to the bathroom.

In the doorway, he looked round to see Katie stretching, with a level of flexibility that would make a yoga master jealous. Her scanty clothing left little to the imagination about the shape of her body.

Alex took a long lustful look before he closed the door. He wondered what it was about nipples poking visibly from beneath clothing that was so incredibly sexy.

Inside the bathroom, it was no surprise that his penis sprang out straight and stiff when he dropped his boxer shorts.

He smiled like a silly schoolboy who could not believe his luck.

A few minutes into the shower, Alex heard a knock on the door, over the rushing noise of the water.

He had his back to the door, but turned his head to look at it. The bathroom was designed as a wet room. An open space; so there was no shower curtain or glass cubicle panels to look through.

'Yes?'

'Can I come in?'

'Yes.'

Some base level of self-consciousness made Alex keep his back to the door; not wanting to reveal that he was fully erect.

Katie stuck her head around the edge of the door.

'I was wondering if you might need someone to scrub your back?'

'Oh, you have a housemaid?'

'No,' Katie stepped inside. She had stripped off her running gear and was completely naked.

'You'll have to make do with me,' she stated.

Alex took a moment to look her up and down.

'You'll do,' he said with a smile.

Katie walked forward until she stood right behind Alex. When she reached past him, to pick up the shower gel from the shelf on the wall, he felt her breasts press up against his back.

If he had not already been erect, Alex knew he would be now anyway. He saw Katie replace the bottle onto the shelf, having squeezed some soap into her hands behind his back. He then felt both her hands press up onto his shoulder blades. She swept in circular motions up to his shoulders and neck; building the soap up into a foamy lather.