Arthurs Court Ch. 04 - Benefits

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The curse was maybe meant to trap a demon or something - for who knows what reason - but it didn't and instead you've got a dragon on your skin. That dragon makes you fast and strong, and it seemingly can mind control people into doing whatever the fuck you want."

Sian waved her hand dismissively as Lance started to apologise for the hundredth time.

"And you can't prove any of this to me right now because he's sleeping after having weird probably spirit sex with another dragon. The other dragon being a tattoo on a woman who just knew where you lived and showed up, giving you all this info..."

Lance shrugged and nodded again. "Yeah, that about sums it up. Also, there was a weird rush, I think? Maybe like a change of emotions or something. I feel powerful. Confident. Oh, and strange dreams."

There was a moment where Sian just sat silently, clearly thinking. Lance was ready for the anger, the accusations. He wouldn't be surprised if she called the police or campus security or something.

"I want you to do it again."

"I'm really sor- Wait. What?" Lance just stared incredulously. Sian was staring at him, leaning forward slightly now.

"If you're telling the truth - and that's a really fucking big if right now, Lance - if you're telling the truth... I want you to do it again. You need to test it, see if you have some kind of control over it." Sian's eyes travelled up and down his body. "No offense, but you really don't seem the type to make a girl do... things. You should see what kind of effect it has on you when you know it's happening."

Lance's thoughts were all over the place. It was such a bad idea. But she had a point. It would be useful to do it again, this time paying attention. He didn't have to make her do anything crazy. "Are you sure?"

The rocker girl rolled her eyes and held out her hand. "You've just told me magic is real. So yes, I'm sure. If you're not crazy and this is real, I want in. Give me your phone and we'll swap numbers. When it wakes up, text me and come over."

Lance pulled out his phone and opened discord before he handed Sian the phone. V was offline, but he sent her a message anyway.

Lance: Is there a way for me to know if the bite has worn off? I think the girl from yesterday might still be affected.

Once he saw it sent, he opened his contacts and passed his phone to Sian. She quickly tapped away, and they heard a buzz in her jeans pocket. Handing the phone back, she jumped up off the couch.

"I need to go to class. Uh... Lance?" Sian trailed off; her gaze drawn to his arm. "I kinda half believe you now. I think it woke up."

Lance looked down and the dragon was on his bicep staring at him. Its mouth moved, and Lance heard its voice in his mind. We are going to speak, Lancelot. At length. Then it lunged forwards and Lance's mind was transported somewhere else.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lance was suddenly in a simple gray room. A small single bed lay against one wall with a basic writing desk at its end. In the middle of the room, sat on a simple wooden chair, was a golden skinned man. Not golden skinned like a tan, but shimmering gold. Shiny, like the precious metal. His black hair ran to his shoulders with a slight curl at the ends and his eyes were blue like tropical water, so contrasted against his skin that they almost seemed to glow. Or maybe they were glowing. He didn't wear clothes, so to speak. But there was some kind of golden material around his pelvis like a loincloth. Maybe it was gold.

The man looked around at the bare room, clearly not impressed. "I will never understand your predilection for a simple life, Lancelot. Finer things are just that... fine."

"My... uh... my name is Lance."

The man sighed. "And ever the conversationalist, too. I will not share with you my name. Names have power, and I suspect it is part of the reason I am now caged. I believe a common name in your world is Draco, you may refer to me as that... Lance." He smiled.

His teeth were pointed, and the smile didn't reach his eyes. The eyes just continued to bore into him. Lance wasn't sure if the expression was supposed to put him at ease, but it certainly didn't. If anything, it did the opposite. Perhaps that's what the dragon was going for.

"I want to be clear about something, Lance." Every time the dragon said his name, it felt like a condescension. Like just using the name was belittling. The young man took a deep breath and Draco frowned. "I am far more upset about this arrangement than you."

"I doubt-"

"You have not had your freedom stripped from you."

That shut Lance up. It was true, of course. He hadn't really considered that fully. V had said it, sure. The dragon was captured and effectively caged. But Lance had thought of the being as an animal, not... whatever this was.

"I... I'm sorry. I didn't think about that. I also didn't expect you to be an intelligent being. I didn't know dragons existed until a day or so ago, and my impression was you would be more like an animal."

"To me Lance, you are the animal." The golden-skinned dragon made a disgusted sound and looked up at the ceiling. "I've always found you boorish. Why couldn't I have been stuck on Lamorak or Urien. They at least had some fun."

"What are you talking about?"

Draco stood up and stepped forwards. He was easily a foot taller than Lance, despite how tall the young man was.

"The mortal mind could not begin to comprehend. Now, boy. My original statement. I want to be clear about something. I am not going to be caged on your skin for the rest of your life if you are going to waste it. We're going to find out who did this to us, and we're going to get some modicum of vengeance. In order to do that, you are going to listen to my advice."

"That sounds real dangerous." Lance held up his hands and took a few steps back. "I just found out all this shit was real. I don't want to be involved."

"You are a fool, boy. You're already involved. Someone did this to you on purpose. If you die and they keep your body, I may never be free again. So I intend on keeping you alive. I will at the very least ensure you die in the company of friends."

"It doesn't really sound like you're giving me much of a choice here. But it's my body..."

It was Draco's time to take a deep breath. He remained silent for several moments before speaking slowly, carefully choosing his next words. When they emerged, they were clipped and forced. "It will be... advice. Our goals are temporarily aligned. Do you not wish to find who did this to you?"

Gwen. She was involved.

"I'll listen to you. Do I have to come here to speak to you? How do I even get here?"

"We can communicate out there briefly. And we are currently in your mind. I brought you here because I needed you to not be distracted while we spoke."

Lance looked around the room again, disappointed. This was his mind? Was he boring? It must have shown on his face because Draco spoke again.

"The human mind is usually like this. Few spend much effort on ensuring their mind is a comfortable space any longer. I suggest you remedy that."

"Uh, ok. Listen, can I ask you some things? Can you tone down the speed and endurance... and definitely not bite anyone again?"

Draco sat back down and rolled his neck. "I cannot on the two former points. Without my assistance to your physiology, your body would simply burn up from our partnership." He smirked. "As for the latter... I will attempt not to. Unless you ask me to or it could save our life."

"Right. Thanks?"

"You are welcome. Now go back to your world." Draco smiled, those pointed teeth and glowing blue eyes continuing their intense gaze for the moment before Lance was once again gone.

12