All Comments on 'As a Matter of Fact, I Do Mind'

by A_Bierce

Sort by:
  • 107 Comments (Page 2)
Helen1899Helen18999 months ago

At least the author fronted up with an explanation, something very few do. Showed a touch of class, thank you

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft8 months ago

Great continuation of the original plot. 5* Although I do enjoy a good BTB with a righteous roasting of the wrong-doers, I also appreciate a more believable outcome, such as this one. I liked the distinction between revenge and retribution, with the latter’s connotation of proportionate penalties for transgressions. IMHO, the MCs ambivalence about MacArthur was subtly but clearly conveyed by the “Dugout Doug” remark.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19698 months ago

this should be in the non-erotic category

jflindersjflinders5 months ago

I thought he'd pretty much immediately decided on divorce and retribution. Why was he calling his wife and suggesting she could save their relationship if she stopped her affair?

DadieODadieO3 months ago

Great ending

silverthorne16silverthorne16about 2 months ago

I liked it. However, I would have also liked to find out why the wife and her lover got the weird job offers from MSF and what might have happened to them their.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Brilliantly written, compelling tale and well worth the time I expended to read it, so what is servant111's beef actually about? Or is he just another one of the intoxicated characters who feel compelled to post rambling, incoherent comments here about stories they are too stoned to understand?

JR

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous