All Comments on 'As You Wish Ch. 02'

by sthsth

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

So again with the bad wording he got a "Midas touch" blessing/cures?

sthsthsthsthalmost 4 years agoAuthor
Confused.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your comment. Did I mis-spell something?

EndOfStoryEndOfStoryalmost 4 years ago

@sthsth: You did not. The previous poster is talking about the protagonist in the story (potentially) being screwed over by the tecnicalities of the written word.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not a mispelling

They don't mean that you misspelled anything Sthsth.

They are comparing the touch cause orgasm wish with the legend of king Midas, who changed anything he touched into gold. This caused Midas to have problems. His food turned into gold and he couldn't eat or drink. He even tragically changed his daughter into a gold statue. Midas, is essentially a tale to tell people to be careful for what they wish for. Your character will need to be very cautious to not accidentally give every woman he touches an orgasm, like his mother, as you brought up in the story.

BitcoinetteBitcoinettealmost 4 years ago

No, I think the anon is merely commenting that it is a common trope, coming from midas's curse as in, a person wishes for something and it comes true in a way that they did not expect because they spoke in a way that could be misinterpreted by the genie, either willfully or by accident.

sthsthsthsthalmost 4 years agoAuthor
Thanks everyone.

Thanks everyone for the clarification. I am aware of the story of Midas, and the whole "be careful what you wish for" trope. The idea is definitely going to come into play in this story. Re-reading Anonymous's comment, I now understand that he was saying that Seth had bad wording, and not me. lol

flynndflynndover 3 years ago

he should probably use his last wish to let him turn his power on and off

sthsthsthsthover 3 years agoAuthor
True.

But that would have been far less dramatic and climactic. lol I like how they put it in RVB, "You get an F in efficiency, but an A in Dramatic timing." lol Thanks for the comment though.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersthsth@sthsth
I just submitted part 3 of Unfinished Business. It should be up in a couple of days. Please let me know what you think. This chapter became a behemoth and had to be cut in half, so expect part 4 in January. Also, I am currently hard at work on two more stories. One was going t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES