Ascending Lauren Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After stripping the sheets, Lauren stood in front of the bathroom mirror wiping sleep from her eyes. Why did the thought of selling herself appeal so much? The overall naughtiness of it? The submission? Being used? A man that pays for sex has certain expectations and could get rough. Did that turn her on?

The clock blinked from across the room. Five o'clock! The sun would soon be up. No going back to sleep now. Might as well go for a power walk. As Lauren slipped into nylon shorts and pulled on a workout bra, she remembered it was not only Friday, but Halloween as well! One of her favorite unofficial holidays. All those little ghouls and goblins seeking candy, all the cute costumes. None of that this year, she supposed. Not many children lived in the downtown district. Guess she'd settle for a good bottle of wine and a spooky movie.

+++++

Corey whistled along with the radio as he drove to work that morning. Twelve more hours and he'd be in his wife's arms again, making love to the best thing that ever happened to him. He rehearsed what he'd say when she opened the door. Imagined what her reaction would be.

He'd fibbed and told her that most of his day would be spent supervising the installation of radiology equipment, which required his phone to be off. Just in case she tried to call him while he was in the air. Pure bullshit, but she'd bought it. Now all he needed was for it to be quitting time.

+++++

Rekrap network engineer Steve Hamilton eyed the pretty Chief Office Manager as she walked past his cubicle towards one of the company's many break rooms. His friend, Shane Carson, snickered at the wistful look.

"Dude, you've had the hots for her months now. Just go talk to her."

"She's an executive, Shane."

"So what?"

"I could get canned."

"Or laid. Besides, haven't you heard? Her old man is a loooong way from Miami. A good-looking older chick like that has got to be horny. Look at how she dresses, man. That's advertising. You hit that someday or I will."

Steve looked unsure, but he had learned to trust his friend. Shane was more worldly than the quiet IT specialist. A braggart when it came to women, he sure was able to back it up with legit claims. Hesitating in the doorway, Steve saw Lauren sitting at one of the break tables waiting for coffee to brew. She looked beautiful in a black pencil skirt and satin blouse.

"Good morning" he praised the office manager, trying his best to be cool. "You look really nice today."

Lauren smiled. "Why, thank you Steve." She'd always liked the soft-spoken engineer. A little nerdy - okay, a lot nerdy - but he always made people around him happy.

As they waited for the caffeine-ladened liquid to begin making its way from the filter to the pot, Steve stole a glimpse at the long, tanned legs sitting crossed at the break table. Shane was right, he'd had a thing for the pretty executive since she started working at the firm some five months ago, but it appeared destined to be unrequited. He knew a few other more confident guys in the office had risked asking her to dinner, but she always turned them down, politely playing the marriage card. And yet, there was something about her personality which hinted, under the right circumstances, the right moment, she might just be receptive to something more.

"Exciting Halloween plans, tonight?"

Lauren chuckled and shook her head. "I was thinking about going to see a special showing of Rocky Horror at the Movie Shack tonight. So, nothing too exciting. You?"

Steve thought quickly. The Shack was just a couple blocks from where he thought she lived. He stayed on the other end of downtown, but close enough.

"Wow, what a coincidence," he lied. "I was thinking about doing the same. It's like at eight."

"Nine."

"Right."

The last bit of steaming coffee gurgled from the dispenser into the nearly overflowing pot. Lauren carefully poured herself a cup and began walking out of the break room, much to Steve's dismay. Suddenly, she stopped in the doorway and turned, brushing a strand of that gorgeous shiny black hair behind her ear.

"Well, maybe I'll see you there. If not, have a great weekend!" she said cheerily.

The IT specialist stood staring at the doorway. He took a sip from his empty coffee cup.

Damn.

+++++

The Iowan project manager watched as his flight peeled away from the Des Moines runway that afternoon, right on time. The day had taken forever to get through. Now, a good tail wind would get him to Miami International by seven-thirty. Then a short taxi ride to downtown.

There was no denying he was excited. After two months, he was looking forward to getting his dick wet. He'd watched as other men ravished his wife, now it was his turn. With any luck, she wouldn't be in her pajamas yet.

+++++

Lauren looked at the clock beside the bed. Seven-fifteen. It had been a rough day with vendors and she looked forward to relaxing with a pitcher of beer and the characters from RH. It was amazing you could get alcohol and food in a theatre these days. This would be fun.

To set a mood for the film, she decided to goth it up a bit. Sitting at the vanity, she applied heavy mascara, eye shadow and liner. Not much different than what Corey would call her "strumpet face", but decidedly more spectral. Lauren then opted for a simple black bodysuit, forgoing any panties or bra, and snapped the front and back together between her legs. The top was mostly sheer, showing plenty of opaque skin beneath, with strategically placed lace covering only her apple-sized breasts and nipples, and tapering down the front. She tried on a few pairs of jeans until settling on the snow-white ankle ones that Corey was so fond of. The contrast between the black top, white denim, and funereal makeup was striking, even hot. Maybe there's a tall, dark and handsome goth man in my future, she giggled.

As Lauren turned from one side to the other, smoothing out the outfit in front a full-length mirror, a bit of guilt washed over her. I should be wearing this for Corey tonight. Gray hair, man-boobs, minuteman, and all. Those things didn't matter, really. He was the father of her children and the one who still held the sole lock on her heart, even after all these years. Why can't you be here with me, damnit? I need to be made love to!

She wanted to share these thoughts, but

it was not to be. Several failed attempts at video chats later, Lauren finally gave up. It was nearly seven-thirty. Surely he was out of that lab by now.

Slipping on a black leather choker - something she'd picked up at the boutique store at lunch - she fluffed her hair and took one more look in the mirror. Looking good, girl. Too bad, babe, your loss.

+++++

Corey flipped through an online shopping magazine which had been strategically placed behind the seat tray. Another hour or so and he'd be with his Lauren. They had so much to talk about. He wanted to thank her for being so understanding about his...obsession. For wanting to help him develop it in an organic way where their marriage could remain viable and alive. But was it growing into a sustainable pattern, or just a quirky pastime that would eventually peter out or end in their destruction?

He was aging and couldn't imagine his much younger wife being content with battery-operated toys and a guy who couldn't last more than 10 minutes. If he asked her to be monogamous again, would she? Was it cruel to let her get a taste of what she'd been missing and then ask her to abstain? Did he want her to? Deep in his heart he knew the answer. Just as her libido had been rejuvenated, so too had his fetish.

+++++

"Any packages, Harvey?" Lauren asked the concierge on her way through the lobby.

The older man checked the log. "I'm afraid not, Mrs. Miller." He glanced at the body suit. If one looked closely - not that he was, mind you - one could almost make out the areolae and nipples that were sitting prominently on her small 30b-cup breasts. "If you don't mind me saying so, you look very nice tonight. Big Halloween party?"

"You're always so nice," Lauren called over her shoulder as she headed towards the revolving door to the circular driveway. "No such luck. Just a movie at the Shack. Don't wait up for me!"

The old man chuckled as the resident wiggled away, her tight buns rocking up and down in the tight, white skinny jeans.

Man, I love my job.

+++++

The captain announced descent into Miami International just as Corey was finishing an article about living in Antarctica. The weary traveler waited patiently as the plane queued up behind others for final approach. Eventually the twin engine jet taxied to the gate for deplaning.

Taking his phone out of airplane-mode, he noticed a couple missed calls from Lauren. Not wanting to give away the surprise, the project manager ignored them. After grabbing a dozen roses from a small shop in the airport, he hailed a cab and threw in his overnight bag. The driver announced traffic was light and the ETA to downtown was about 25 minutes. Good. Still time to go somewhere for a drink with the most beautiful girl in the world.

+++++

It was shortly after eight when the taxi pulled into the downtown apartment building's circular drive. Corey had seen Lauren's call come in and once again ignored it. He'd be talking to her soon enough. Glancing around to ensure she wasn't out for one of her power walks, he bounded from the back seat. Flowers and suitcase in hand, the giddy husband walked through the lobby to a waiting elevator under the watchful eye of the desk attendant. Harvey couldn't quite place the Casanova who had just strolled in, but he certainly looked familiar.

Corey was all smiles as the lift took him to the 23rd floor. Seconds later, he stood in front of the door, unable to contain himself. The look on her face will be priceless! Although he had a key, he decided to knock. Lauren wasn't expecting him and taking a butcher knife to the throat would not be a good way to finish the day.

He knocked once. Twice. Three times. Ear to the door, there were no noises coming from the apartment. Was she already asleep? Surely not. Another knock. More silence. He fished the fob from his overnight and entered a darkened room, save for a small light under the kitchen cabinet.

Was she still at work? Unlikely, it was after eight on a Friday night.

Corey put his hands on his hips.

Where the hell could she be?

He proceeded to unpack, throwing his suitcase into the spacious bedroom walk-in closet. It was the one thing Lauren loved about her apartment.

Should he call? No, that might just blow the surprise he so carefully planned. After all, she might just be at the market. Resigned to waiting, he grabbed a seltzer from the fridge, flipped on the television, and scowled at it, barely paying attention to whatever program was on. Fifteen hundred miles to watch TV. Fuck!

+++++

Steve was disappointed when he entered the theatre lobby and didn't see Lauren. The owners were hosting a pre-showing party and there was a crowd of people milling about drinking, some in character. A first pass through the throng came up empty. Maybe she decided not to come he thought glumly. Moving to the bar, he ordered a pitcher of beer. The engineer was beginning to think that trying to orchestrate a "coincidental" meeting between the two was too farfetched. Like those rom-com movies his previous vanilla and boring girlfriends had always wanted to watch. As Steve poured a beer into a rather flimsy wax-paper cup, he saw her gliding through the crowd, smiling gently, admiring some of the costumed movie-goers. Some of them returned the admiration, watching her ass wiggle as she passed.

Good God, she's magnificent. Having never before seen her in anything but professional attire, Steve's jaw dropped. The sheer bodysuit showed off every curve - small firm breasts and taut abs - before disappearing into a pair of painted-on white denim skinny jeans which ended just above her ankles. Three-inch spike heels finished off the look, helping define her toned legs. The leather collar that fit so snugly around her lovely neck, coupled with the haughty goth makeup, gave her a very, very naughty look. If Shane thought the office manager's dress at work was "advertising", then this was an outright campaign.

Lauren was headed to the bar when she saw her coworker standing off to the side with a pitcher of beer and a silly looking grin.

"You going to drink that all by yourself?" she asked coyly, snagging an empty cup from the rail.

"What's mine is yours."

"I like you already," Lauren grinned.

After exchanging a few pleasantries, the pair made quick work of the first pitcher, grabbed a spot at a small temporary table that had been set up for the event, and ordered another. At first, they chatted about Rekrap, the fiberglass industry, and politics. Eventually it turned to office gossip. Who was hitting the bottle too hard and who was sleeping with whom. The fact they were having dinner together while discussing fellow employees' dating behavior did not escape them, and each felt a special energy hovering over the table.

Steve thought this line of conversation alone was worth pursuing. He usually wasn't so forward with a woman, but he was taking Shane's advice and "going for it". Plus, he felt very at ease with the laidback executive. "So, what exactly do you think about coworkers sleeping with each other?"

Lauren thought about that for a minute. "Married or single?"

He grinned and shook his head somewhat awkwardly. Okay, I'll take the bait. "Married."

"Homewrecking is never okay. But, you know, if open relationships are in play, I suppose it's no one's business but their own."

The engineer nodded thoughtfully. He'd never had such a frank discussion with a coworker, much less a married one. He knew others viewed him as bit of a dweeb and the women he'd gone out with would be exactly the caliber you'd expect to date him. That was okay. Tonight, he was determined to change that image. As he gazed into Lauren's twinkling sapphire eyes, he wondered what kind of long-distance relationship she had with her husband. There was a certain amount of embarrassment as his cock flinched beneath his khakis. If he had any chance with this beauty, he'd have to channel his inner alpha-male.

+++++

Corey's frustration was growing. He couldn't just sit there all night. Should he call and find out where she was?

He began hunting for a vase for the flowers he had so thoughtfully brought from the airport. There, beneath Lauren's vanity, was a small, decorative ceramic tube sitting unused. Perhaps that will hold water. As he approached the desk, his nose caught the lingering aroma of a familiar scent. Sniffing once, then twice...yes, that was unmistakably one of her favorite night-on-the-town perfumes. He cocked his head as a sickening thought came to him. Damn. Had she gone out for the evening? That was a possibility he had not considered when crafting his surprise.

Shit.

+++++

Harvey looked up from his newspaper as the gray-haired man who had just bounced through his lobby with flowers in hand exited the elevator and approached the concierge's desk.

"Excuse me. Just wondering. Have you seen my wife, Lauren Miller? She's not in her apartment and I thought you might have seen her leave?"

Ah, the absentee husband. Harvey placed him now.

"As a matter of fact, sir, she left earlier. Something about seeing a film at the Movie Shack."

Corey remembered seeing the theater on the way in. He nodded appreciatively. "Thanks."

Harvey sighed as he watched the man walk towards the revolving doors. Good luck, Mac. The way she was dressed, the chances of you finding her alone is slim to none.

+++++

Steve topped off Lauren's beer with the plastic jug's last remaining drops. He couldn't believe they were here together. The executive really was amazing. He'd lost count at the number of times he watched as she'd float from one meeting room to another in her pantsuits and silky blouses. Always professional, but with an underlying sexuality that every guy in the office knew smoldered just beneath the surface. And now here she was, dressed to kill in a barely-there top and skin-tight jeans. How'd he get so lucky? Looking at his watch, he noted it was half-past eight. Plenty of time for another pitcher.

Lauren smirked as the engineer sauntered to the bar and waved down the bartender. Maybe it was the beer, but he looked a sight more attractive than he did at work. He was a bit overdressed for a movie theatre, but she didn't mind. His designer slacks and tight short-sleeve collared shirt showed that he took care of himself, with a cute little tush and healthy crotch. Who knows, I may just have a fun story that Corey can jerk off to later.

Steve returned with a full container of amber beverage, but this time sat on Lauren's side of the tiny table, pulling his chair close. In doing so, his knee landed against hers quite accidentally. He froze, but when she made no attempt to pull away, his confidence rose ten-fold.

"To the Time Warp!" Steve toasted, looping his drinking arm around Lauren's.

"And Transylvania!" she chirped back, clinking her rim against his.

+++++

Corey walked into the theatre and scanned the room. Holy crap, there's a lot of freaks here. He was amused at the various characters and impressed that the movie still had the cult following it was known for. Discouraged at not seeing Lauren, he was about to turn when something caught his eye through the arms and legs of the crowd. A couple at a table with their drinking arms wrapped around each other, taking a synchronized sip from paper cups. How quaint. Yet something seemed familiar to him. The woman's hair? The way she wore her bangs? He looked again. Jesus Christ. It was his Lauren. With another man.

+++++

The office manager and engineer were clearly enjoying themselves, laughing at the antics of others, some who were already acting out parts of the film. They named one-hit-wonder tunes, and, as they drained the second pitcher, sat much, much closer together. They had long moved on from office politics and industry talk to more personal subjects, such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It was the latter that Steve was most interested in at the moment.

"So, what does a senior executive at Rekrap do in her free time?" he asked.

Lauren giggled, dangling her cup from one hand and putting the other on the engineer's shoulder. Which hobby are you interested in, my dear Steve? Clothes shopping or feeding my husband's kink on my back?.

She looked at him humorously, shaking those delicious black bangs from her eyes. "Shopping, dancing, you know, the usual."

"The dancing part must be difficult to do with your husband being so far away."

Lauren shrugged and smiled. "I have my ways."

"The open relationship you mentioned?"

"What makes you think my husband and I have one of those?"

"Do you?"

The intensity at which Lauren's sapphire eyes bore into him was unnerving.

"I...I think we better go get a seat or we'll be sitting in the front row," Steve suggested. He watched as the sexy office manager held her eyes on him and downed the remaining beer in her cup.

Dabbing the foam from both lips with a napkin, she nodded her head. "I think that's a good idea."

+++++

Corey stood transfixed as he watched the two from afar. His heart sank a little. There you have it then. No mystery now, no debate. His wife was definitely out on a date which she had conveniently forgot to mention. Was this how she was spending her free time now? Dating? Sure, she was upfront about some of the guys she'd fucked, but dating, now that was on a whole other level of emotional investment. And who was this dude anyway?