Ascending Lauren Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hope you didn't dine on too many 'sects," Zane smiled as he grabbed his overnight from one of the saddlebags.

"Um," Lauren asked timidly, "is the ceremony at Freddy's?"

"What? Oh no, it's at the lodge over on 87. We can freshen up here first though."

Zane disappeared into the rental office only to reappear a short time later with a key dangling from his finger. Lauren followed him down the dimly lit walkway until they reached Room 10. She looked around warily.

"I know what you're thinking," he muttered, "but I stay here several times a year. It doesn't look like much, but its clean. I know the owner. No bugs, no mice. Besides, we're only going to be here a minute or two. I guarantee you the room Corey got you over on 110 is much nicer."

Lauren nodded but still appeared skittish. It didn't take long for obvious to dawn on him.

"You're not worried about the bugs, are you?"

She looked down and shook her head.

Zane sighed. "Look, I appreciate you going along with your husband's hair brain idea for my benefit, but I would never take advantage of our friendship."

"Oh really?" Lauren smirked.

There it was, the elephant in the room.

"Okay, you got me. That was a long time ago. I was drunk and out of line and you let me know it. I did apologize later if I'm not mistaken."

"That you did," she grinned.

The mechanic scanned the desolate parking lot. Freddy's didn't get going until much later.

"You can stay out here if you'd like. Just going to take a quick shower. Didn't have a chance to clean up after hauling away that huge mess you made in your yard this afternoon."

Lauren's watched as a few scruffy patrons tumbled from a dented car in front of the dive bar and looked her way.

"I think I'll wait inside."

+++++

Corey and his daughters sipped margaritas at the new restaurant while awaiting their dinner. Caroline told them about the challenges of counseling one particular troubled teenage girl at the high school where she worked, and Amelia complained about having to learn new software to implement some large computer system. Corey listened politely to both but struggled to stay engaged. He glanced at the time. Six-thirty. They should be there by now.

+++++

Lauren sat in a ratty, orange colored easy chair situated in a corner of the tiny one-bed motel room. Everything about the unit was dilapidated and in disrepair, but as Zane had promised, it was clean. She could hear water running on the other side of the closed bathroom door and decided to have some fun while waiting. A few seconds later a snap of the room was on it's way to Corey.

LAUREN: This is what you rented for me? Thanks a lot! She added a smiley emoji.

Corey heard the text come in and peeked at his phone. His eyes narrowed, trying to comprehend what he was seeing. Surely this was not at the three-star he'd booked her into.

LAUREN: Just kidding, this is Zane's room. He's taking a shower right now. Maybe I should join him? I do feel a bit dirty. She knew that would rile him up.

"Is that Mom?" Amelia asked, swallowing a bite of enchilada.

He shoved the device into his pocket and downed his drink.

"Yeah, she finally made it to Bakersfield."

+++++

Steam billowed from the bathroom as Zane cracked the door and stuck his nose through.

"Hey, could you hand me my travel bag? Sorry, I should have brought it in."

Lauren grabbed the knapsack and walked slowly to the door. She held it with an outstretched arm so he could pull the bag through. To do so, Zane had to open the door a bit wider, allowing her a glimpse of his bare chest and towel wrapped waist. Those pecs were exactly what she imagined when holding onto him for dear life on the bike. Graying like her husband's, but broader, and in much better shape. She bit her lip.

Corey just may get his wish tonight after all.

+++++

The Iowan project manager was on his second margarita when a familiar voice nearly made him choke.

"Hi guys!" Lauren's friend Gail called out as she walked up to the table. "Sorry, El and I didn't see you over here until just now. How was the meal?"

"Hey," Corey smiled nervously. Of all the people... "Foods good. Had better drinks, though."

"Yeah, hi Gail," Amelia said acrimoniously. "I thought you and Ellen went with Mom to Zane's award ceremony tonight. You know, over in Bakersfield?"

"Award?" the older lady's brow furrowed. "Bakersfield?"

Amelia eyes shot to her father. "Sorry," she apologized, "I must be mistaken."

"Well, I hope she has a good time. Wish Zane would ask me to go somewhere, now that he's back on the market and all," Gail grinned. "He's a well-formed man."

"What a tramp," Ellen admonished her friend, then turned to the Millers. "Well, tell Lauren we said hi. I'd like to see her again before she heads back to sunny Florida."

"Will do," Caroline offered hastily, sensing trouble spinning in her sister's brain.

The threesome watched as the two women made their way to the restaurant's exit. Both sisters looked back at their father with questioning eyes.

Corey clasped his hands together. "Nice of them to stop by. Who wants ice cream?"

+++++

Lauren whistled as Zane exited the bathroom in a blue silk collared shirt and black denim jeans.

"A biker that cleans up nicely. What a novelty."

"You like?"

"Indeed. I might have to up my game tonight to keep the ladies off you."

Well, that didn't come out right.

"I mean, um, Ashley might have too."

"Not a chance. I'll already be with the best-looking chick there. Besides, I'm really glad she couldn't come. Otherwise, you wouldn't be here."

Their eyes met for the briefest moment. For just a second the world stopped turning.

Finally, Lauren blinked. "Yeah, me too," she replied, blushing. "Glad to help. My turn now." With that she hurried into the bathroom and shut the door.

+++++

"I thought Gail and Ellen went with Mom to Bakersfield?" Amelia probed as they walked through the restaurant's parking lot to Corey's truck.

"Guess not," he barked back. The response was a bit too lackadaisical and he knew it. So did his daughter.

"Wait, you mean she went out of town to spend the night and you don't know who she's with?"

"Mom's a big girl. Probably misheard who was going. I'm sure she's with Zane and, uh, others. It's all good. He's not going to let anything happen to her."

"Dad, remember what we talked about weeks ago?"

The truck's cabin doors unlocked and the three piled in.

"Yes. And your mother's not cheating on me, Amelia. Miami's a fun town and living there has finally enabled her to spread her wings...to have fun again after raising two kids. What's wrong with that? I for one am glad to see her breaking out of that rut. Believe me, I've got some Hawaiian shirts and gold chains in my future once I get there."

Caroline had to agree with her father. "Couldn't have said it better. You guys are empty nesters now. Why not have some fun? If that means wearing sexy clothes and topless beaches, then so be it."

"I'd have no issue with that if they were together, Cee. Problem is, they aren't. And now Mom's off with who knows who tonight when she should be here with Dad. Hell, they only see each other once in a blue moon as it is."

Corey turned into their subdivision and slammed on the brakes. He turned and faced the girls.

"I'm only going to say this once. I trust your mother. Period. Whether it's down there or up here. Doesn't matter. She accompanied Zane to watch him get an award because that's what friends do. I don't know who else went and I don't care. Zane is my best friend and would die protecting her, so if you are asking me if I'm worried about something, anything, happening simply because I'm not there, the answer is not just no, but HELL no. Is that clear?"

Caroline gawked at her father. She rarely saw him this angry. Amelia simply scowled at the glowing dashboard and nodded her head. "Yeah, got it."

"Good. Now we're going to go home, pop some corn, and watch a happy, happy movie together while wishing your mother the best of times at our friend's ceremony."

As he put the truck in drive and pulled away from the curb, Corey caught his reflection in the side view mirror. The look on his face was one of guilt and conflict.

Seven o'clock. I wonder where she's at now?

+++++

Streamers and banners welcoming Iowa motorcycle enthusiasts adorned the outside of the lodge. Zane maneuvered Bessy through the parking lot and stopped at a row of similar bikes lined up near the front door. Lauren dismounted and watched as he carefully walked the bike back to align with the others. Finally, he killed the engine and smiled.

"You ready, Ashley?"

Lauren matched the smile. "Let's go do this."

The couple entered the main banquet room which had been cleverly converted to cater to the specialized crowd. Instead of flowers, various shiny new bike parts were employed as centerpieces with motorcycle motifs throughout. Women in gowns met them at the door to provide name tags. At first, Lauren was alarmed at their dresses until she realized they worked for the lodge. One look at the actual guests belied any fear of being underdressed. Leather and denim definitely ruled the night.

Zane walked proudly through the throng with "Ashley" clinging to his arm. Occasionally stopping to shake hands and make introductions, his date charmed them all. By the time they reached their table, both were confident the charade would be successful. The program began shortly after seven with the master of ceremonies -- an older man with a denim vest named Wiley - kicking things off.

Those sitting with them were cordial if not downright friendly. Ashley hit it off with several women at their table. Two of them were younger, perhaps in their 30s, the other appeared to be in her mid-50s. All three were wives of Zane's coworkers and genuinely seemed pleased to finally meet her.

As the evening wore on, Lauren could feel eyes upon her from various areas of the hall. With hers being one of the shapelier figures in the room, she'd made quite an impression when walking to the table. Sitting up front didn't help matters either. But wasn't that what she was there for, to be noticed? A few times she caught Zane's buddies stealing peeks in their direction. To their consternation, she winked and smiled to acknowledge their somewhat creepy glances. To accentuate who she was with, Lauren occasionally hugged Zane's arm and twirled his hair. At first, he jumped at the overt affection, but eventually relaxed as he realized it was all part of the show.

Award after award was handed out until the MC finally -- and mercifully - declared it was time to recognize the winner of this year's Top Mechanic. The room erupted in applause when Zane's name was announced. Lauren rose and pecked his cheek as he left to accept the hand-blown glass mechanic's wrench. His speech was short and simple, thanking his coworkers and bosses, and ending by expressing his gratitude to the lovely Ashley for accompanying him on that special evening.

Zane walked back to the table amongst a roomful of cheers, where he handed Lauren the glass wrench.

"Congratulations," she clapped, "you deserve to win."

"Wasn't a surprise or anything," he downplayed the hoopla. "Besides, I won the minute you said you'd come with me tonight."

Lauren bit her lower lip. What a sweet thing to say. Throwing her arms around the hulking man, she kissed him full on the lips. The table rippled while the pair embraced. Zane's mind briefly faltered as it tried hard to process just who the glossy pink lips belonged to. It was, of course, the first time the two friends had even remotely shared an intimate moment. Slowly, his brain allowed it to happen and commanded his arms to envelope her. Neither could ignore the sparks that flew between their bodies. It was only when the MC "ahem-ed" them did they break away and sit down to a smattering of snickers. Both knew they'd put on a good show for his peers and any further display of affection at that time was probably unnecessary. And yet, when Zane patted her leg in a private thanks-for-being-here, Lauren took his hand in hers and held it tight, thumb subconsciously rubbing his.

+++++

Corey reclined in an easy chair and his daughters sprawled across the couch as they watched a horror movie that was only mildly entertaining. This allowed his hyperactive mind to wander. It was now after nine. Surely the banquet was underway.

Several minutes later his phone vibrated. Corey peeked discreetly at the message. No telling what images he might be seeing that night. It was a photo of Zane dressed rather nicely, smiling broadly with his wrench award.

LAUREN: Very proud of your buddy! Top Mechanic!

COREY: Awesome. Tell him I am too.

LAUREN: Will do! Love you!

Corey studied the pic. This was classier than he'd seen his friend dress in years. The tight jeans and even tighter shirt showed off his thick frame, especially the bulge between his legs. Corey couldn't help but think Zane's sudden attention to detail had everything to do with Lauren's presence.

Nice of him to be so conscientious.

+++++

Just after ten o'clock, the master of ceremonies closed the banquet, once again congratulating the award recipients and bidding everyone safe travel home. Zane and Ashley glided through the dispersing crowd as members of the association shook his hand and lauded the accomplishment. Women complimented Lauren on her bold attire, whereas most of the men just gawked.

The faux couple stole glances of each other, wide smirks on their faces.

Mission accomplished.

+++++

Corey had just thrown away unused movie popcorn and bid the girls a goodnight when another text came in. He lumbered upstairs and locked himself in the master bedroom.

LAUREN: Top mechanic? Your friend's more like top goofball. Having a great time.

The snap was of a film strip, the kind you get after cramming into a small photo-booth wearing goofy clothes and feather boas. The two were pressed close together in various poses ranging from silly faces to dopey hats. In one frame, Lauren was planting a kiss on Zane's cheek.

Just like a real date.

Corey changed into his pajamas and folded down the bed's comforter. Climbing in, he switched on the wall-mounted television and turned up the volume...for good reason. Moments later his tablet was playing the video he'd shot of his wife having sex in Jack's apartment a few weeks ago.

"Yesssssss, Tony yes, I'm your whore. FUCK ME, fuck your whore!" Lauren screamed.

"Ah, SHIT, bitch, gonna blow, take it, take it!" the frat boy shouted as he pounded her pussy.

Corey threaded his semi-erect dick through the PJ bottom's fly and began lightly stroking.

Fap, fap, fap.

"FUCKIN' WHORE!! Gonna cum, here it comes, here it comes!" Tony yelled as he pounded his cock into Lauren. "FUCK your husband, this is my cunt now!"

Corey watched the clip until his wife's teeth clenched, a sure sign of orgasm. He needed relief as well.

"Ummmmmphh," he cried, his wrinkled pecker spurting what little cum was left in his balls into a tissue. Earlier, Lauren had taken most of his daily load down her throat. As he wiped a stream of clear fluid escaping down his penis, a text message came in that partially covered the carnal scene frozen on the tablet.

LAUREN: Banquet just ended. Phone almost dead. Heading to my hotel now.

Despondency settled over Corey. His grand plan had failed. Lauren had dressed to the nines and left looking as slutty as any woman on the planet that night. Any man in his right mind would want to sleep with her. The fact they were heading back to her place could only mean his best friend was not interested. Damnit.

+++++

To be sure, that was NOT the result Corey was hoping for, but he no longer had a say in it. The plan now, as far as Zane knew, was to drop Lauren off at her hotel where she'd remain -- alone - until he picked her up the next morning. And yet, neither masquerader inwardly felt the outcome of the evening had truly been determined. Decorum kept both from acknowledging the mutual attraction that was growing every minute. On one hand, Zane wished to maintain the fidelity of his friendship with Corey, bros before hos if you will, but then, God help him, all the over-the-top flirting -- genuine or not - had been slowly eating away at his will power. Quite frankly, he needed to be as far away from this vixen as possible before his libido could no longer be checked.

For her part, Lauren wasn't as concerned with fidelity as she was about long-term consequences. Should Corey's latest fantasy be realized that night, both he and his best friend would each have dark secrets to live with: the former knowing that he'd deceived a friend, and the latter knowing he's slept with a good buddy's wife.

Zane fired up the Harley and steered the beast out of the lodge's parking lot and onto the two-lane state highway towards Lauren's hotel. The inn Corey had booked her into was fifteen minutes away.

Only fifteen minutes for two hesitant pawns in a perverted man's folly to decide whether the dynamic of their friendships would change forever.

+++++

Back in Des Moines, Corey laid propped up against the headboard half-watching an old western. Now eleven o'clock, it had been an hour since Lauren's last text. Surely, she'd be at the hotel by now. He sent a few texts but had no responses. He found the reservation email and called the front desk number.

No, Mrs. Miller had not checked in yet. And no, they hadn't heard from her.

Corey turned back to the movie.

That's odd. Maybe her phone died.

+++++

Lauren's heart sank a bit as the bike turned off the asphalt into the hotel's parking lot. Her husband's kink aside, she was honestly enjoying being with Zane and, regardless of where the wind took them that night, was not ready for the evening to end. In addition, she was horny as hell. The dirty dancing, free pour booze, and now the steady hum of the motorcycle between her legs had elevated her arousal to the point she could feel moisture leaking into her thong. As the bike rolled up to the entrance, Lauren swung her legs off the back and removed her helmet. When she did all that shiny lush black hair fell around her shoulders, causing more than just a slight twinge in the biker's crotch. My God, she's fucking gorgeous. Corey's goddamn nuts for letting her come with me. Run away, Zane, run away.

Grabbing her overnight from a saddlebag, she stood sanguinely as Zane straddled the idling cruiser.

"Thanks for everything," he murmured with little expression. Clearly an angel was on one shoulder, admonishing his mounting vulgar thoughts, while a demon danced and applauded them on the other.

"You really gave my buds something to talk about."

"My pleasure," she smiled. "I wasn't sure Corey's crazy idea would work, but we pulled it off."

"That was all you. I just sat back and watched you be hot."

Seriously, dude, is that all the game you got?

When it's Corey's wife, yeah. Need to behave.

Lauren giggled. "I noticed."

Her brow furrowed. "Not all that was acting you know. You're pretty hot yourself."

The pair stared at each other as the puttering bike provided the only sound..

Finally, the mechanic gave her a fist bump. "Pick you up at ten?"

"Fine, sure," Lauren nodded, her voice cracking. She leaned over and pecked her date on the cheek. "See you then."

Zane's nose practically followed her intoxicating perfume right off the motorcycle as she turned and walked away, her ass wiggling dramatically. I need to get loaded and jerk off.