Ashes Takes Flight

Story Info
Ashes is made to relax on a plane ride home.
2.1k words
4.3
11k
8
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ardwyyd
Ardwyyd
26 Followers

"This is your captain speaking," the tinny voice came over the loudspeaker. "We're about to begin takeoff on our flight to LAX International. Clear skies all the way, and the wind seems to be with us, so we should be arriving in just over three hours time. Make sure your seatbelts are fastened and your tray table is in the upright and locked position, and let's all enjoy the flight."

The plane was only half-full, most likely thanks to the Covid virus and rising prices, but those aboard began to adjust themselves and their carry-on luggage, an air of eager anticipation filled the plane.

One passenger, however, sat stock-still, her eyes darting about the cabin and out the windows as she felt the vibration of the revving jet engines make her body shake in the small, uncomfortable seat.

Ashes was on her way to visit her family in California. It had been more than a year since she'd moved to Texas, and as she sat on the runway of DFW airport, she hoped thoughts of home might calm her anxiety about flying.

A beautiful redhead in her mid-twenties, Ashes wasn't a frequent traveler, but the few times she'd ever flown were nothing but hours of racing heartbeats, sweaty palms, and a cacophony of words she'd babble nervously to anyone close enough to hear the sound of her voice. Today, the closest to her was a large, somewhat middle aged man with dark hair and a salt and pepper beard sitting in the seat next to her.

With all of the empty seats on the plane, the man could have had his choice of more comfortable places to fly, but instead decided to stay with what his ticket said, and Ashes was happy he'd had. His proximity gave her comfort, and his ear was too close to escape her nervous chatter.

"I hate flying," she blurted out, turning her crystal blue eyes up to the man. "I mean, I know it's supposed to be safer than driving, but to be honest, I don't care much for driving either."

Surprised, and a bit amused at the girl's nervous outburst, the man smiled kindly at her.

"Not to worry," he said. "I fly this route a couple of times a month, and there hasn't been so much as a delay, let alone a problem."

"Well, that' awful," Ashes said, her face a mask of new terror.

"I'm sorry?"

"If you fly this route that often, and there haven't been any issues," she said. "Doesn't that mean that you're due? I mean, doesn't the law of averages dictate there's a problem just waiting to happen?"

The man chuckled a deep, almost echoing chuckle. In the seconds he laughed, Ashes noted it sounded rich and full; it had both a pleasant and somatic effect on her ears, and it caused her to smile unknowingly.

"I'm Wayne," the man said, offering his hand. "Wayne Cohan; and you are?"

"Ashes," she said, her slender hand disappearing into his large palm. His grip was strong, but friendly and his hand warm and welcoming. Ashes almost sighed as he squeezed gently.

"What a lovely, intriguingly original name," he said, and his eyes smiled into hers. His eyes were of blue steel, and appeared as strong, yet as gentle as his hand. "What brings you to be flying today?"

"Wha...?" she asked. She knew he had asked something, but his words seemed to be slowly dripping into her ears -- like warm honey -- pleasing, comfortable and sweet. By the time the entire question wrapped itself around her brain, he had released her hand, and Ashes regained a sense of reality.

"Why are you flying today?"

"Oh," she exclaimed, a bit embarrassed. "My, um, my family hasn't seen me in a while. I wanted to surprise them with a visit."

"So, they don't know you're coming? How exciting," he said. "I'm sure your trip will be well worth it."

Suddenly, the cabin shook as the pilots tested the flaps and began their taxi towards take off. Ashes gasped, and her alabaster skin blanched even paler than normal. Instinctively, Wayne took her hand, and with his other hand, cradled the side of her face to comfort her.

"Shhhh," he said, looking deep into her eyes. "There's nothing to worry about. You are perfectly safe. You are perfectly safe, because you are with me."

His thumb made firm circles on her neck beneath her ear, and she leaned into it like a pillow. She was safe. His hand squeezed hers in a rhythm that encouraged...no...commanded her breathing and heart rate to slow and match it. His eyes opened wide enough for her to fall into their inviting blue depths. Slowly, her world became warm and safe. Safe...because she was with him.

"Yesss," she whispered as her own eyes took on a glazed quality. Her body simply melted into his touch. Ashes didn't even notice as the plane left the ground. Her least favorite part -- the way her stomach dropped as the aircraft lifted off -- had been completely avoided. They were nearly at cruising altitude when Wayne eased her head back into her seat and gently kissed her forehead.

"Nighty night," he said, and she smiled sleepily as her eyes slowly closed.

About an hour into their three hour journey, Ashes awoke. She removed her headphones, and for less than a moment found it curious that she couldn't remember putting them on. As soon as the question entered her mind, however, it faded into a mist and floated away. It didn't matter.

"Mmmm...good morning," she said, smiling at Wayne, who was engrossed in his in-flight magazine. "How long have I been out?"

"You fell asleep as you were telling me of your trip home to California," Wayne said, placing the magazine into the seat back in front of him. "You must have been quite exhausted."

"I don't remember being that tired," she said. Suddenly her mind swam. Words and visions swirled and whirled, and she could hear herself say, "Yes. I was very sleepy. So very sleepy. I had to go to sleep." Of course she was sleepy, she thought. She needed sleep.

"Well, I'm glad you were able to relax," he said, and patted her hand. It sent tingles up her arm, and she smiled, feeling like a schoolgirl.

"Relax," she echoed, unaware.

"Do you expect your family to be surprised at how much you've changed since you left?" he asked, shifting in his seat to face her. "Do you think they'll even recognize you?"

"What makes you think I've changed?" she asked, smiling. "We've just met."

"Oh, I feel as if I've known you a while," he said. "And you, yourself told me you are always nervous on airplanes. Yet, you fell dead asleep. Asleep. Sleep."

"Sleeeeeep," she whispered, staring deeply at him, her eyes crossing slightly; losing focus.

"Yes," he said, just a little louder than normal, causing Ashes to snap back to her senses. "That's just one instance that I've noticed. I'm sure there's been quite a change."

"Oh, really?" she said, cocking an eyebrow. "Since you know me so well, why don't you tell me? How have I changed?"

"Let me see," he said, teasing her with an over-exaggerated glance up and down. She giggled at his playfulness. "I bet your family will be surprised to find out you have a new love interest."

"What?" she blushed and giggled. "No! I don't...I mean, there isn't...why would you...?"

"I can see it in your eyes, lovely Ashes," he said, taking her hands. The muscle memory of the warm and safe feeling his hands provided washed over her body like a wave as his thumbs began rubbing small spirals on the backs of her hands. "I can see it as you look deep into my eyes."

"Deep," she said, the feeling of falling coming over her. She wasn't afraid, though...she was safe. She was with him.

"It's like we've known each other since you moved away from home," he said. "How long ago was that again? You remember, don't you?"

"Yes," she said, nodding slightly, her eyes not leaving his. "I remember it's been over a year." Her voice was barely above a whisper.

"Good girl," Wayne said, giving both her hands a soft squeeze. She moaned quietly, but out loud at the sensation, as well as the words. She was a good girl. It felt good to be a good girl. "We've known each other for more than a year."

Ashes' brow furrowed, if only a little. Somewhere deep, deep in her mind that didn't sound right.

"We've known each other since you moved away from home," he said, the words sounding familiar to her ears. She was safe with him. She trusted Wayne. He must be right. "You left home more than a year ago. We've known each other...like you said. Like you said. Remember? Remember."

"I remember," she said, and suddenly she did remember. She'd known Wayne since she moved away from home. Of course she did.

Wayne moved his left hand up her arm, trailing the backs of his fingertips against her skin as he did so. He left goosebumps in his wake, and Ashes let out another small moan. It felt so good. It felt so good to be a good girl.

He cupped the side of her face again, his big, thick fingers on the back of her head, scratching her scalp while his thumb brushed gentle circles on her jaw by her ear.

"You are going to surprise your family with your visit," he said, incorporating a truth with pleasure. Tying a truism to pleasure he provided -- making her accept his words easier. His words were true. Wayne's words felt so good.

"Yes," she cooed. "Surprise...ev...ev...everyone..." He knew so much. She has known him for so long, she thought.

"They will be surprised at your new love interest," he said, his fingers scratching a bit deeper -- a little slower -- feeling so good. It felt so good. His words were so true, and they felt so good.

"They will," she said, her eyelids fluttering as she pressed her head more firmly into his hand. Wayne's other hand continued to rub mesmerizing spirals on the back of her hand; her arms having gone limp long ago.

"We're both flying to California," he said to her; another truth.

"Mmmmm," Ashes replied, and smiled in affirmation.

"We are sitting together," he said, firmly and factually.

"Together," she parroted, and her body tingled, because she was so happy he hadn't sat anywhere else.

"We're flying to California together," Wayne said, moving closer...scratching firmer...his voice getting lower and deeper.

"Flying," she smiled. "We're....mmmm...we're flying." Wayne moved even closer and whispered into her ear. Ashes' eyes rolled as his warm breath cascaded across her skin while his words drifted dreamily into her mind. It felt so good. His words felt so good. Wayne told the truth, and the truth felt so very, very good.

"You family will be surprised," he whispered, "that we came to California together. You have a new love interest." It all made sense to Ashes. He was right, of course...she remembered. She remembered.

"Surprise," she said, her head bobbing now as her sleepy mind became fuzzier and fuzzier. "Lover...surprise lover," she mumbled.

"You are flying to California with your lover," his voice was a mixture of velvety pleasure and a primal growl, and it made Ashes want to hear more...made her want to believe. "We are flying to California together."

This was true, she thought...and the truth felt good.

"We are lovers," he said, and the words echoed in her ear and coated her mind like a blanket of pleasure wrapped around a pillow of truth. "We are lovers, and you can't wait to surprise your family with me."

How surprised the whole family will be, Ashes thought. The words were in Wayne's voice, but they were her thoughts -- they were her thoughts...his voice...her thoughts...his voice...her thoughts...it felt so good. It felt so very good.

Wayne kissed her neck right below her ear before pulling back and taking her head in both of his hands. He arranged her limp, smiling body in her seat, scratching her scalp with both hands the entire time. He placed the earphones back on his smiling lover and kissed her forehead firmly and lovingly once more.

"Nighty night, Ashes," he said, brushing the errant strand of hair from her beautiful face. "I'll wake you when we land."

A few hours later, Ashes' mother answered a knock at the door. Her eyes were a mixture of surprise and delight when she opened it up and standing before her was her daughter, holding hands with a much older, yet kind-looking and attractive man.

"Surprise, mom!" Ashes said, jumping in place and then holding up Wayne's hand for her mother to see. "Boy, do I have a surprise for you."

Ardwyyd
Ardwyyd
26 Followers