All Comments on 'Ashes to Ashes Ch. 04'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 114 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks

Nice series. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Saddltramp is a third tier writer, at best.

This is not "at best." This is just drawn-out mediocrity. Maybe if you didn't post a story every other day you would be better. Three stars, as usual.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Not sure

Not sure what you were going for here, but for an alt ending it's not bad. Now, on to your next story.

bhill8671bhill8671over 4 years ago
There needs

to be more please? I would like to find out what happens during and after counseling. Does it help April and John? Do they (the FBI) get the clown that shot John and April? Does she redeem herself with John? Does she redeem her reputation? Is she a stay at home wife or does she find work? There are so many unanswered questions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Kind of a letdown

From your other writings. I loved the old saddletramp. Please bring him back.

dwoelfledwoelfleover 4 years ago
Weird ending

Somehow didn't quite fit but still fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why continue this?

It was done when she mysteriously shows up at the start of his cruise. That was a mistake and the end of the RAAC. This was just a fluff piece.

2 stars

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 4 years ago
rofl

should have stopped at ch 3. im not sure what this is or what u were trying to do with this but it felt like u were sticking ur middle figure at me and ur other readers

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

The first chapter was amazing, but the rest was terrible. I just can't see him reconciling with his wife, not after her year of disrespect and debauchery.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too bad it was a dream.

Would be good ending to that cheating bitch. He would collect insurance and move on. I see noo raac at all for her.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 4 years ago
What The Fuck???

I did NOT know LIT paid extra for a fourth chapter when the tale was completly over after the third.chapter. If that was the rationale, pity ST56 couldn’t just forgo the bonus.

2*. Dream sequences are ALWAYS weak. This sets a NEW low in weakness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Waste of a chapter

There really was no need for this chapter; the story came to a clear conclussion at the end of the last chapter, and this was just restating everything with a few changes due to the "dream". There's no need to gild the lily.

argeelogargeelogover 4 years ago
Same comments as from chapter 2

You didn't make it better, you made it worse. Down to 2 stars now. Should have let this story go at chapt 1!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why bother?

This chapter was totally unnecessary.

kmreaderkmreaderover 4 years ago
This chapter and ending was terrible!

I’m just being honest here. I’ve read a lot of your stuff and enjoyed most of it, but this chapter specifically was terrible. First off, half of the chapter is almost a complete rehash of an earlier chapter with only slight changes due to his dream state. It’s confusing as to what is really going on and what the hell the dream has to do with the main story at all. This story was better left at the last chapter minus the very last paragraph of that chapter. I’m not sure what you were thinking here or trying to convey for that matter. I hope to read something better from you soon to remove the sour taste left in my mouth. You can do better. I know because I’ve seen it already. Thank you for the effort but this time it simply fell way short of my expectations when reading your works.

looking4itlooking4itover 4 years ago

Waste of time and totally unnecessary. I wish you hadn’t thought it needed to be added.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Question

Did Farmer_Son kidnap, drugged and brainwashed ST? This story started so well and then turned into forced RAAC in chapter 02 and went downhill from. At least ST telegraphed this in chapter 02 and saved us some frustration. Whereas FS just strings along before releasing a avalanche of RAAC crap.

This chapter was just a convoluted dream. I'm not sure what happened in the end, because I lost interest in figuring out. Chapter 01 is a keeper the rest could be lost in the bit bucket and not be missed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What the hell did we do to you that you torment us with this...this...bullshit?

Honestly, are you trying to write the worst story ever of are you actually that bad at writing?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

I’m a real fan of your stories, I would just like to take this opportunity to thank you for the entertainment:)

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago
Eh?

I don't get this. Nothing really added to the last part. Just a lot of rehashing in the guise of dreams, I think you should have finished the story at the end of the last part.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Feh

I'm glad I just skimmed and didn't waste time reading this shit. People laughed at the Bobby Ewing death dream sequence in Dallas, for good reason.

maninconnmaninconnover 4 years ago
I liked the story

But I’m not a fan of “what if” sequels.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why bother??

What sbrooks103x said ...

plus unnecessary addition to a pretty good story.

prkinprkinover 4 years ago
Disappointed

Totally disappointed with is story. Lost my charm for Saddletrump stories.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago

Well that was the crappiest chapter. Why bother with it.

The series was good for 3 chapters.

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinover 4 years ago
It was all just a dream? Seriously?!?!

Three deeply planned and meticulously written chapters about a man believing his wife was a government whore. Turns out to actually be about a man simply having a reoccurring nightmare. That’s it...it was all just a bad dream? Seems like a disappointingly long way to go for a dream sequence ending. Why?

NewnotsureNewnotsureover 4 years ago
Sorry you lost me

I was hoping to see more but you just killed the story fix it please

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You Have To Be Kidding

Pretty unbelievable. No self respecting man would want to be intimate with a wife who had been involved in a bunch of gang bangs. Regardless of the supposed FBI sting.

The dramatic funeral should have been an introductory salvo into a into a barrage that destroyed all of the participants. Skanky wife included.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"For those who want to say this or that would never happen, remember this is my universe, a place where nearly anything can, and often does, happen. At least on paper..."

Good fiction creates a universe that the reader--not just the author--can be comfortable in. Writing stuff that ignores reality (improbable behavior and dialogue, absurdly unrealistic major events, for example) take a knowledgeable reader out of the story. Readers who justify sloppy writing by arguing that it's "just fiction" don't understand good writing.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 4 years ago
This should have been the ending

Toss chapter 3 and go straight with this! Sooooo much better and consistent with the storyline

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
4 is better

This ending was better than the 3rd story. He still took the whore back...Just another CUCK!!!

ewray321ewray321over 4 years ago
I liked it

I don't understand some of these comments. Its a story for crying out loud. So he took his wife back. This is allowed in this country. Good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Awesome

A story worth reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
One of your best

This is on a par with qhml1 and todd172, two of the very best. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Cuck for life?

Dude the scientific one was great, the guy in the story is a repeating cuck offender. Once a woman cheats it's never acceptable to take her back under any circumstances.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 4 years ago

Chapter 1 was good. Sadly it was all downhill from there. Seriously downhill.

KoxokKoxokabout 4 years ago

Not sure I’d be able to look at her again without thinking about how she disrespected me, lied, and cheated for a year. The circumstances can only help her do much. I really liked the whole series, what a ride!

GrimmerGrimmerabout 4 years ago

I went back and read the series again thinking I may have been to hard in my scoring (5-3-3-3).

I wasn’t.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I guess the author got threatened by

Someone, maybe it was the CIA, or the FBI. Hell, perhaps it was some girl he was dating, or boy, who knows. I guess it could have been the RaaC society. So many plot holes in this story, it would take a army of lil dutch boys to stem the flow of water in the dyke called this story. Good first chapter, but alas, your only as good as your latest chapter, and this one doesn't do much for me, but make me shake my head in disappointment.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 4 years ago
Paying the Devil his dues.

Harsh ending for a loving wife. Not sure she deserved both barrels in the end.

I am a fan of saddletramp1956's stories, but I didn't like or dislike the wife. And her ending was almost a non-event.

I get she was being blackmailed into doing what she did, but she was also an intelligent woman who must have known her marriage was doomed from the first time she fucked around.

Never-the- less, I enjoyed this 4 chapter tale of woe. Looking forward to another tale from saddletramp1956

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
My feelings about Ashes to Ashes

I like reading the whole story before i make any comments and now i'll make my comments. After reading the story i found it very well written .I really like the way you do things in your world . I don't look for spelling or misplaced periods after all you're not a professional author and it proves you are a red blooded american male . I enjoy the way you write There is no bull shit . As long as you write these stories i'll damn sure read them .. Thank you for these stories .

Lonewolf081960Lonewolf081960over 3 years ago
This story went from 4 to 1 over the four chapters

This story started out good but it just got worse and worse with each additional chapter. The author should have stopped after the first chapter.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Was a great story. The dream bit kind of threw me but it the end based all that happened I felt kind of sorry for April being drawn in and having to do what she did and was happy with the way it ended. 5 stars overall

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
RAAC trash

Too back .

Part one was five stars .

Every other part was one star .

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Overall, a well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

She could’ve told him. Enjoyed being a whore, disrespected her husband and their marriage and gets taken back after an entire year of probably hundreds of gangbangs and sexual relationships with dozens of men other than her husband? No way in hell should she have been taken back that quickly or at all.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
What

What started out as looking like an excellent story in CH 1,rapidly went downhill .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Zzzzzzzz......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

An entire rehashed chapter cut/paste with a few minor changes to sort through, used to try and justify the ridiculous RAAC. Bloody awful, start to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Your weakest series so far

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 3 years ago

Just plain terrible and made worse with that regurgitated Chapter 4. Don't you ever reread your stories after you write them? 3* is generous for the package.

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

He was a cuck.

2/5 for an awful RAAC story.

Fortunately I know that you write better than this.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

a little confusing with alternate endings and recriminations............................

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

FUCKING OUTSTANDING!!! I am about half way through all of your works and since the Head-shed at Literotica banned my profile, I will finish all of yours instead of submitting more of my own.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

If just him moving on with the FBI agent had been the real story. It would be a version that makes sense instead of all this longwinded RAAC garbage.

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

i know this is just a story in your universe but i doubt any man would take a cheating wife back after all that.

CharetteCharetteover 2 years ago

Good story, that power corrupts is known and here then the moral dilemma.

Yes, she betrayed him, but not voluntarily and then tried to protect him because she was blackmailed.

Here it is up to the reader to decide if it feels "right".

Hornydevil47Hornydevil47over 2 years ago

It is quite amazing the different views on a story. I have not read a really bad one yet but according to some of your regular readers a lot of them are crap. Why on earth do they keep reading them. I am working my way through all of your stories, yet to find a really bad one. Thank for your efforts. Look forward to getting to your newer (FREE) work. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

fucking ace

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

One of the real disadvantages with a serial episodic format is the great difficulty involved in revising earlier episodes when you find out real organizational, plot, and or character problems in later episodes. Parts 1 & 2 were quite good and hung together. After that the core meta narrative branched into a tangled web that simply did not make much sense. Then the plethora of alternative dream sequence endings left us “Lost in Space.”

The first chapter is one of my favorites. Frankly you seemed to try too hard after that with all the deux estate machinia add in overly contrived plot twists designed to transform the simple BTB into a reconciliation happily ever after ending. The multiplicity of draconian plot add ins required to enable you to transform the sociopathic selfish betraying slut of part 1 and into the Susie Homemaker in the final all is forgiven reconciliation is so complex and frankly unbelievable that you as an author find yourself increasingly unable to provide sufficient common sense logic to persuade a reader to suspend their disbelief.

You can and have pulled some amazing lateral arabesques plot wise in other series. Unfortunately you did such a good job cementing the wife’s role as the Wicked Witch in the first installment that you just cannot make her transformation into the perfect wife at the end even remotely plausible.

You dreamed the impossible dream and fell short so a 4 for the attempt.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Simply put chapters 3 & particularly 4 could benefit from a significant rewrite to tighten up the meta narrative

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why make it a raac, its already a btb at the get-go, really want you or anyone else to do a rewrite or an alternative version

xhristianjxhristianjover 2 years ago

FFS this author is the biggest fucking cuck fan ever just start writing gay porn you fucking pussy

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

👎 for the raac..

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story but didn't need this last chapter, almost spoiled the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I waited until I read all 4 parts of this series before commenting.

I have to agree with several others, in that it really didn't need chapter 4. Fortunately it was a short chapter. It seemed like most of it was a re-hash of chapter 3, with very little new added, and a lot deleted. I realize it was a dream sequence, so parts of it would be short, and without a lot of detail, which would allow you to eliminate parts of the previous chapter.

As for the rest of the story (chapters 1 thru 3, I loved the story for what it was entertaining, a good read, a different sort of plot (focused on the wife's cheating in chapter 1), his revenge...I loved the marriage funeral (I hope to never need to use it in real life, but made a great plot twist) in chapter 2, and the RAAC in chapter 3 where they got back together, along with her killing Cramer.

Some of the ship scenes reminded me of "When We Were Married", and other parts reminded of some other stories found in the Lit forums. I guess if you read enough stories on here you can pull info from multiple places and write a great story. That one of the reasons I really enjoy reading a story written by ST, as they're ALL usually well told stories, and some have a story within a story. Thanks again for sharing it with us.

TassieTykeTassieTykeabout 2 years ago

The Swamp sounds realistic, Speaker and 'First Lady' too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I thought Chapter 4 was a better ending and made more sense to me. Just need to rework Chapter 3 with 4 and the storey is much better. Why. I would not be able to handle what she had done. It called the poisoned well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"You should know there were some who considered charging you with obstruction of justice, by the way."

It may be the author's universe, but in any universe close to reality this is childish, uninformed bullshit. Short of fabricating evidence, which is something the FBI (our very our Deep State Gestapo) does do when it suits it's political purposes, there would be no grounds whatever for a charge.

SoftKtty24SoftKtty24almost 2 years ago

Loved it! Agree with you on the subject matter and how you woved the story. It hit all the elements of cheating wife cuck spouse who stood up for himself and the show of corruption that could bare some truth of our politicians and the power the rein within their walls.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I liked it, though chapter 4 seemed to be a complete dream sequence. I was really hoping for a more FTDS type of ending for chapter 4, where all of the loose ends were tied up. The dream scenes were off just enough that they were almost a different story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was a better ending until the last few paragraphs when it was not better. Them getting together on the cruise was just bonkers. Too sweet, too sugar and too sickly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Both endings were good, 2nd much better then first. In the first an innocent child was killed because of what she was involved in. Forgive her........yes. Take a cruise to reconnect.......... no way in hell, not after a year of deceit and lies. She chose the investigation over the marriage. Hope it keeps her warm at night. Congrats on great work bringing down a small sliver of the corruption in swampland. Now move on with your new mister...oops....career. I hope you two are very happy. Your decisions left me behind and now it’s my turn to put me first. I forgive you but I will never forget. You have become infected with swampland and belong down there with them. I could never trust or respect you again. So.....goodbye.

The 2nd version was more like ST’s normal. And while some are out there at least the never lean to cuckland. To bad she ended up dead but........she choose to play the game her way. She made the decisions without his input of knowledge. The outcome was sad but to be expected. She was punching way above her weight class and depending on protection from an agency that is way more politically woke than competent. Cramer was a proto I’m not surprised he was successful before the idiots got lucky and took him down. If he had been more patient he most likely would have been able to disappear. But revenge and anger made him act irrationally and caused his death. When you let emotions make decisions in his line of work you don’t last long.

Harvey8910Harvey8910almost 2 years ago

I loved this alternate ending. I really enjoyed how the author took this story and blended it into the saga that he had already developed. Again I give the story five stars!!! Great Job!!

Cito22Cito22over 1 year ago

You know I luv you and your work ST. The dream ending would have been the correct one for this story. She screwed up way too much and didn't even so much as leave a crumb of a clue for her suffering husband. F*** that b*tch

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

CUCKADOODLEDOO

Laurentius0150Laurentius0150over 1 year ago

Hard to believe so many people named Anonymous have never found the ONE.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[10.09.22]

Excellent Series!

I just LOOOVE that 99% of the 'complaint' & 'cuck' comments are by spineless anonymous people.

11/10!!!!!

michaellajonesmichaellajonesover 1 year ago

I really like your work, that said I felt this one missed the mark for me. The first ending seemed way off and far too easy in some was. The second dream sequence reminded me of the TV show Dallas and Bobby Ewing appearing in the shower, takes a lot to swallow that type of ending. Overall not great not bad somewhere in the middle for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I am a sucker for happy endings, so this story was great for me. Nice writing, plot was good, characters were fleshed out. Hell, it even fit into some of the things we're seeing today in DC. 5 stars from me.

Norseman123Norseman123over 1 year ago

I understand the blackmail and her further participation in the set up by the FBI but there is no excuse for her obvious enjoyment and the open and uncalled for disrespect of her husband when will she do it again just for kicks?

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Well that was such a weak ending I think you should’ve ended it 2 parts ago,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love the series Love saddle tramp stories in general but the sad reality is something like this could happen in real life the government doesn’t care about the little man and would gladly sacrifice his marriage on the alter if it meant bringing in a bad guy

JH4FunJH4Funabout 1 year ago
I never siad this about one of your tales. I Hated It ⭐

I never in all my reading have I thought I would say this about one of your tales. I Hated It ⭐. You had a really good series before this chapter. While I did not give any of them Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐. I did give each Excellent Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐. Your storyline was well thought out and flowed very evenly. You blended each of the series smoothly together and captured the intrigue within the overall image your created in the 1st chapter.

Being a fan of your writing and enjoying the way you weave you universe I just wish you had left this one of the books.

But I am a person who could never write anything near the level of your writing. Nothing in my imagination could touch what you have created in your past writings so don’t let my opinion be anything but a blip on your comment list.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

muskyboymuskyboy11 months ago

Nope, can't even believe you wrote this. She lied, cheated with dozens of men for over a year, and treated him with contempt the entire time, but it wasn't her fault, the FBI made her do it????? Even with the benefit of a doubt that the FBI made her do it, which is ridiculous, she trusted the FBI more than her husband - "She wanted to confide in you from the beginning, but I told her not to." Fuck her, leave her in the grave.

Schlouis57Schlouis5711 months ago

Ce dernier chapitre était inutile et nul. 1*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Waste of time. Well written but totally unrealistic ending. No man that I know would ever go back to a lying cheat no matter how pretty/not my fault you made her look! LM

EXursusRhereEXursusRhere10 months ago

Looking at the several comments beating up on Saddle Tramp, I have to wonder just how many readers have no concept of the word fiction and the meaning thereof.

I know, run on sentence, sorry (not) about that.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What EXursusRhere said.

Great piece of fiction. Thankyou ST.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

3 Stars as John is very rich . That means he could afford body guards for his whole family . . I agree with him about Washington DC being a haven for snakes .

StruckwrongStruckwrong10 months ago

He gets ti live happily with his wife who cuckolded him and never trusted him until forced ever after.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

After reading the 1st 3 parts, this one was a letdown. John told April he slept with the FBI female agent; I don't remember that happening in the preceding story. Unless... this was a twist to the story. Either way, I could do without this part. Overall, I immensely enjoyed this story.

For the commenters that discussed him going back to the "lying cheat', I say look at the context of it all & that of the story. She was forced, threatened, drugged. I hope these men (I suppose) never get into any situation that's beyond their control by lightyears. 3 stars on this part, 5 on the whole. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It's amazing how many ppl give themselves away by demanding that a rape and blackmail victim should be crucified. Almost makes me wish they'd get taken in a bathroom by a gang of burley bikers, just so they can experience how psychologically devastating it can be. But, yeah I appreciate how fragile some male egos can be about such things.

NickTeeNickTee8 months ago

The overall story was most enjoyable but I think that inconsistancies such as how she demeaned him to her lovers and spoke down to him etc does not correspond with the subsequent narrative that it was all under duress. I think as authors we owe it to our characters to make their actions/behaviour congruent with mental and emotional state. Otherwise the reader is left wondering how she's a slut the one minute znd a saint the next

EastCoaster1EastCoaster17 months ago

2nd read...

...just as hood as the first time - all parts got 5 stars.

Thanks for a great tale, and a great trip through the lives of a not-quite-ordinary couple, but one that suffered some rather unusual circumstances.

secretsalsecretsal7 months ago

1st part was a nice setpiece finale. Followed a formula, but the ceremony was inventive. Everything after that feels like a studio pumping out pointless sequels that end up devaluing the original story.

jflindersjflinders7 months ago

The story is inconsistent. According to the first part April spent the past year treating him as she would treat a paid servant that she really didn't like, insulting him and demeaning him. None of that would be necessary to co-operate with the FBI. Her behaviour doesn't make any sense for a woman upset about having to cheat on her husband. Accordingly the reconciliation made no sense to me.

The act obstructing justice has to be with the intention of obstructing justice. One doesn't wilfully obstruct an investigation into a crime while having no knowledge and no suspicion about the crime or the investigation.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Many of the commenters posting here may not understand the psychology of cheating. Many times cheaters have two responses; first, they overcompensate with their spouse, by being overly loving, compliant and increasing sexual activities, as a way to assuage their guilt. Second, also as a way for them to internally process and still try to convince themselves that they are "good" people, some will manufacture conflict and reasons that "justify" internally, their cheating behavior. This story to me illustrates the second response, as the cheating wife separated herself emotionally from her husband, both for the above reason and to cut down on the emotional disharmony caused by her destructive behavior. I like this story and am glad that the author took a different approach that what can be considered their norm.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES