All Comments on 'Ægir's Wife Ch. 04'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
FaireSansaFaireSansaover 8 years ago
Sorry, getting tired of Sven's tirades...

This chapter was great, I was loving it till Scen got his panties in a bunch. He's a fucking child, and needs to grow up and stop jumping to conclusions. This last tirade really takes the cake. The other two men need to grow some balls and put him in his place!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Two steps forward and eighty-three back, Sven. He is such an ongoing ass, but that I'd realistic. Someone with his issues would not change overnight.

Pain and s/m is a thing between she and Mikeal, that's a given. She asked for vanilla and he tacitly agreed, so I did not like him tossing out the promise of 25 tawse strikes at that moment. It derailed the softness of that scene, which was essentially aftercare for the group scene.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You're back!!!

Have been so looking forward to you continuing this story and you gave us such a powerful chapter. Thanks. Love this story. Hoping to see another chapter, soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Ugh!

Every time I think Sven is going to redeem himself, you let him go and be all dick-ish in his behavior and I like him less and less. I have to say, I am a bit crushed at the last part of his chapter though. I was really pulling for Sven this time and was so excited for the step he was about to make. You really have a bit of a sadist touch to put us through this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Pretty disappointed

I was so excited to see another chapter, and it was amazing...right until the end. Truth be told I don't want her to be with him anymore. I hate his character, because despite what he has been through it does not give him an excuse to treat her the way he does. When editing this story for publication, I really suggest giving your readers more of a reason to stick with him, because right now your coming off like abuse is ok as long as you know the abuser is going to be a better person eventually.

Rud1GirlRud1Girlover 8 years ago
Magic

Well worth the wait

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

First of all, thanks for continuing this, I love your writing.

The first half of this, with the group scene was amazing. She definitely got her pleasure and totally earned in from Ch 03. However, she went from totally controlled to almost controlling them. Neither Sven or Bjorn like her brat, yet the brat was on full display during most of the scene. Bjorn just let it all happen and Sven just threatened to take action next time. Seemed totally out of character for them. Michal was the glue between them and he was the only one who stayed true to himself. I saw someone comment on the tawse during the vanilla scene, but again, the sadist remained.

The second half seemed hurried. You never addressed Bjorn's concerns over his mindfuck after the scene, nor Sven's concerns about hurting Kirsten during the scene apart from saying they spent time with her and her talking with Rachel. That's what development I would have liked to see more of, Bjorn dealing with his jealousy and Sven overcoming how he had treated her.

Kirsty's concerns about the job, I thought she had already sent an email saying she was taking a long leave of absence, so the call just didn't fit in (except it was a plot device). She was considering writing a resignation letter and felt the need to call to say she would have an answer by the end of the week - there was no need for her to do it, she could have done that with an email. It was contrived rather then natural. Her boss calling her or sending an email needing an answer asap might have worked, but throughout that section, she had decided she was staying, the 'end of the week' call just doesn't work.

Then we have Sven admitting to himself that he loves her, the beautiful gift he bought and going upstairs to overhear 2 sentences and from that going ballistic and berzerk. Come on, he's the captain of a ship, he's used to being in control and nothing led up to allow him to think she was leaving so two sentences causes him to react the way he did? Again it's a plot device, please make it seem real.

Sven having checked her tablet and seeing conversations about 'what are you doing with your job, I don't know etc" and conversations between Kirsten and Sven could have worked for him to think she was changing her mind about their marriage or she was missing or thinking of going back to her job, but nothing prior to this led this to happen, ESPECIALLY as he has no intention of giving her up.

His overreaction, his brothers 'being there just in time', the warning from Bjorn to 'never ever hurt her again', are again all plot devices designed to allow you to write more on this journey of Kirsty and her 3 husbands.

There was some great parts in this chapter, but a lot of work needs to be done. I hope our greed in want to read more of this story was the reason for the rush and that it can be fixed to keep us totally in the story, which you have done for so many chapters now.

And I hope you find a way to get back that necklace!

Tara CoxTara Coxover 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks everyone...

I won't address individual comments here...that is actually how and why I began my blog. But if you want to learn why Sven acts the way he does...how that mousy girl that all of you said needed to stand up for herself has transformed to the point that you know complain she is domming them, and why Mikael's tawse comment fit in with vanilla lovemaking...then please check out that blog this Freaky Friday for...

How REAL D/s Works...

Tara CoxTara Coxover 8 years agoAuthor
Opppsss....

Helps if I leave the blog address don't it?

https://taranealeauthor.wordpress.com/

But it does not post until Friday...Freaky Friday.

late2thepartylate2thepartyover 8 years ago
Cracks in the foundation

With his control, anger management, and abusive behavior issues, Sven is a scary and tragic character. Would K stick around if she didn't have the other relationships to sustain her? Since this is fiction, and characters can experience moments of clarity and insight more quickly than in real life, I hope that Sven resolves his problems before the end of this story.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 8 years ago
What a drama queen.

Again, he wrongs her. He doesn't know who she is. Why does he need to be included again?

FindmywayFindmywayover 8 years ago
In the minority

Clearly I am in the minority...

Yes, Sven is a dick, he's hot headed and he struggles to open up his eyes/heart and ask questions for understanding. Mikael was a dick in the beginning as well...but everyone overlooked that because of his daughter and his first wife. Personally Bjorn makes me nauseous; yes hot and heavy sex scenes but in many ways I believe he is the break in the foundation. Bjorn keeps filling Kristy's head with the only thing Sven wants is to plant his seed, Milkael carves letters in her boob. While Milkael has reinforced with Kristy that Sven has a good heart and carries the weight of the world on his shoulders, He hasn't really encouraged them to come together and learn about each other....It feels as if they are all in it for themselves and great hot sex. Where is the shared partnership in this relationship to ensure that it works both in and out of the bedroom. They each demand something of her without informing the other?

What I struggle with is that both Bjorn and Mikael have had opportunities to have conversations and discussions after disagreements with Kristy yet that really hasn't happened with Sven. Every time a misunderstanding happens between Sven and Kristy - both Bjorn and Mikael break up the conversation so they can't clear the air. Kristy has found an opportunities to break through with Mikael - she has taken the time to find a way to open up his heart regardless of the circumstances. She hasn't done that with Sven nor has she been allowed to do so because of the brothers.

Sven is the reason she is there - the initial spark and connection was with him - If the brothers don't allow that connection to truly happen. Where will they all be? Kristy wants them all - hopefully they will see that and find ways to allow them to talk and come together. Maybe Mikael and Bjorn can sail off to sea for a week and leave Sven at home. Although I highly doubt Bjorn would allow that to happen because that would me - Sven could actually be the father of the first born

Just my thoughts.....love, love, love the story and I can't wait for the next chapter.

joodlejoodleover 8 years ago
Rushed?

This was a long awaited and very powerful chapter. But it seemed as if it may have been rushed, perhaps to appease your fans? Believe me, I have been checking back regularly, but I appreciate the benefit of not rushing. Less typos, and less holes. I hope the next chapter will not be so rushed, or at least as well edited as previous chapters. On a positive note, magnificent chapter. I love how Sven just happened to walk in at the wrong time, and lost his temper. I just wish that he hadn't been interrupted, cruel though that may seem. I have been wanting another scene with him and Kirsty. A lot of luvvy duvvy going on now, and I have a hankering for another "rough" scene with Sven or Mikael---though I double Mikael will rejoin the dark side. Despite some un-common typos, this was a great chapter to continue the story!

gentleoneexplorergentleoneexplorerover 8 years ago
Danger for Kirsty

I got behind in reading and checked to see if you had written again. I loved most of the story. I like others though was not so happy with Sven at the end. I was hoping that he would present her with the collar and even when he interrupted the phone call that he did not jump to conclusions and be a man and talk to Kirsty. Sven is a man in body at this point but not a man in mind, I am glad the other two brother's came in even though he got the better of them, but I fear for Kirsty as Sven will make her pay for something that was not even what he perceived. She is in grave danger now.

Loca85Loca85over 8 years ago
Sven

Is a little bitch. You're supposed to be a dom and moreover a grown ass man. Instead of breaking phones, ask your sub, your WIFE, what the hell job she's talking about.

Don't just break shit, scare her, and ruin all the progress you've made.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
.

I have enjoyed the entire story until now but Sven is coming over not as an experienced Dom but as an abuser and a self centred child. No self control, which would not inspire trust and confidence in his sub. It will be a hard road back I think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loving the story. Bummed that Sven is blowing it.

I've just binge read the whole series, Captive, Bride and Wife. Totally love it!

At the end of this chapter, I was just No !!! I hate when characters don't talk and sabotage their relationships. I'm rooting for Sven to overcome his doubts and let love win out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WHOA!

As much as I have grown to love these characters I have to say they all need a to grow the hell up and stop acting like school children. If they think they really want such a complicated relationship to have even a snowballs chance in hell of working out then they need to spend more time talking with their clothes on than playing with their clothes off. As hot as the sex is it's just not plausible that they share something so intimate as a four way and not have a single discussion among all of them about it. I've been in a relationship with 1 Dom and 3 subs and it takes a complete understanding going into it what everyone's needs, expectations and roles are. I can only imagine how much more discussion and compromise it would take with 3 Doms and 1 sub. What a recipe for disaster! But I guess it's all about the drama anyways. Sometimes I forget its all just fantasy. Great job Tara! Just a suggestion to be careful not to always make Sven the emotional cripple. He's turning into a real tool. At some point repeated behavior is unredeemable. Real abuse should be unforgivable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
More !!!

Oh please dont stop am loving this story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Whoa ... what an ending

Sven has just climbed above 1000 on the 'jerk meter', flying off the handle and jumping to conclusions without stopping and finding out what really is going on. And what a stupid, childish action of throwing the necklace into the sea. The man needs a psychiatrist, desperately. If he had bothered to give it to Kirsty, it might well have defused the situation enough for them to talk about what is bugging each of them. Mikael and Bjorn would have seen that by including their charms, Sven is showing his love for them as well.

Glad to see Mikael, then Bjorn step in - but their timing and actions only reinforce the negative thoughts Sven already has. I dunno how this can be resolved - seems like they desperately need some family counseling - where each can express their deepest, darkest fears without interruption or fear of judgment. Each brother *thinks* he knows what the other is thinking, but isn't accurate, because he is spinning his own personality on the other's actions. And each brother is using another brother's

actions to reinforce his own negative thoughts.

I thought the phone call with Roz was a little "out of the blue" - she didn't have to speak with Roz to tell her that she'd decide on her job by the end of the week; an email would have been fine. But of course that set up Sven walking in on her, overhearing her conversation. And then, all hell breaks loose.

Tara, if you had chosen to end it, the last paragraph on p. 1, "For perhaps the first time since he stepped abroad Ægir's Captive as a little boy, he felt like he belonged. Belonged to her, with her. Just as she did with them. Them. That was not the

bad thing he had imagined it would be. In this place and moment, there was no room for insecurity, doubts or jealousy...only love. Her love that made them all whole and complete." ..... would have been perfect.

Great writing!

luv2read2

ButterBearButterBearover 8 years ago
Sick of Sven

Ffs the even storyline is tedious

GemmaGreyGemmaGreyabout 8 years ago
Damn Sven...

...at least my Dom lets me explain myself before he flies off the handle... Even if Kristy forgives him, how is Bjorn gonna let him back in now? Jeeze, its making my stomach twist up thinking about how badly Sven is gonna regret that.

BobossweetnessfreakBobossweetnessfreakover 7 years ago
Why???

Why can't there at least be happiness for a while? :'( I don't mind the usual ups and downs in a relationship but when there is always a stupid misunderstanding to f**k things up and a pig headed person who won't listen to an explanation...GRRRRR!!! I hate when that happens. As soon as Kirsty decided to call Roz instead of just sending the email telling her that she was resigning, I knew it wouldn't end well. Now how many chapters will be "wasted" with misery before the truth comes out, probably just as the story ends. Did I mention I hate it when stories go along those lines??? I'm praying that if this is what is going to happen, that there will at least be another book with the next generation.

Auspat2121Auspat2121almost 3 years ago

Wow that was a turn for the worst. Interesting.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
2504 Followers
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES