At Long Last

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Danny, that is the first time I have truly made love. And you were fabulous."

As I kissed away a tear, or two, she kept rubbing the two or three chest hairs I was so proud of.

Not realizing that we had fallen asleep, we both heard a garage door opening, and had to hustle into our clothes, and get back to my living room, just before my parents came inside.

Mom gave us both a backwards glance, and a mischievous wink. I guess moms always know what is going on. Dad, being dad, was sort of oblivious.

As Cora and I started setting the dinner table, for both families, my mom came up to her and took her in her arms and gave her a nice kiss on each cheek, and whispered, "welcome to our family."

We both hadn't stopped smiling since they came home. Even my dad had a pretty good idea what had gone on, before they arrived.

We spent a lot of time remaining together, both in and out of bed. By the time I needed to return to school, I truly hated to leave.

Back in school, my knee had recovered enough to work out, but not to wrestle in meets. My first year ended with me having a record of 2 wins and 4 losses. More losses than in my entire 4 years of high school. What a shock to my ego. On the other hand, I learned so much about life in general. Not to mention how much Cora and I found just how much we loved each other.

The highlight at the start of summer, was attending Cora's graduation ceremony. Being an alternative school, when she went on stage for her diploma, Will joined her on stage. I'm not sure who cheered louder, her parents, or me.

My sophomore year literally flew by. I did compete the entire season, finishing with a 22 and 10 record, and 6th place in our conference.

I spent some of my summer interning with a large group of engineers, learning as much as they were willing to teach me.

Cora and me spent a lot of quality time together, with Will and I becoming real good pals.

Junior year, my wrestling fortunes improved, to the point of my 3rd place finish in my conference, and qualifying for the NCAA tournament. I did manage to get 2 wins, but my 3 losses kept me from placing, but it provided me with a fantastic experience.

Back home for the summer, I was interning, with the same company. Cora called me aside, at her folks house, telling me there was a parole hearing for Will's biological father.

She asked me if I would go with her for moral support, as she was speaking against him getting parole. After the hearing, we were standing in the hall, outside the hearing room, when this piece of shit was being led back to his cell, when he spotted us, and said, loudly, "I want to see my son!"

Standing behind me, she quietly said that was never going to happen. I looked this creep in the eye and told him that in the eyes of the law, he didn't have a son. On his birth certificate he was officially Willian Clark Wright.

We just stood staring at each other, with me holding a distinct advantage. I wasn't in hand cuffs, and wearing a jail jumpsuit.

Two days before going back to finish my education, Cora, Will and I were walking in a nearby park. We stopped and sat at a bench. With Will starting school, himself, I looked him straight in the eye and asked if it was OK with him if his mom and I got married next summer. I said this holding onto Cora's hands and when he shook his head yes, Cora jumped into my arms kissing me over and over. Will just sat there covering his eyes.

At dinner, that night, with both families there, we started the planning of our wedding. I asked the Wrights as a family if they had any objections to me starting the process of adopting Will, as my son. Not in the least, they answered, as one.

My senior year was here. Didn't I just arrive in Iowa City? I was assured of graduating with highest honors, and set as my goal of placing in the top 10 at the NCAA meet, to become an All American.

I finished third in our conference, and did manage 7th place at Nationals, making me an All American!

With a job offer waiting for me back home, all I had to do is finish my last three classes. Mom and dad were coming for my graduation, but Cora couldn't make it, which I understood.

On a bright, sunny day, at Nile Kinnick Stadium, home of our Hawkeye football team, we went through our practice for the next afternoon. I just couldn't believe I was going to be Daniel Hill, college graduate, the following day.

That evening, I had already planned having dinner with my folks, when who should bound into the restaurant where I was waiting, but an overjoyed Will. Followed closely by my fiance, and my parents. As Cora and I just clung to each other, Will couldn't stop telling me about his very first plane ride. He even showed me the little pin with wings on them the flight attendants gave to him.

"Before you say anything, Danny, I didn't know if I could come until last week, and I wanted this to be a surprise."

Will told me he held his mom's hand so she wouldn't be frightened on the plane, as this was her first flight, too.

I just was over the moon, the entire night my all my family in attendance, watching me graduate college.

The next morning, before leaving for the final time, I took my family to the Carver-Hawkeye Arena, where I wrestled these past four years, and where the basketball team played, too.

We all flew back together, with me shipping home nearly all my things the previous day.

I had nearly three weeks before my new job started and just over a week before my wedding.

Walter and Yvonne asked about anything special we wanted in our ceremony. We told them of one thing, which they agreed to, and Cora and I met with their Minister who was performing the wedding.

Our wedding day was bright and sunny, and with my moms parents and my grandfather in attendance, everything went off just as planned.

After our vows were exchanged, a small glass wrapped in a cloth appeared, and was placed on the floor. I proceeded to smash it with my shoe, to a few shouts of "Mazel Tov" This is customary in Jewish weddings to signify an unbreakable union.

At our reception, everyone seemed to get along so well, that when some dancing started, I noticed Corinne, Cora's grandmother go up to my grandfather, George and ask if he wanted to dance. We all just stood back and watched. I knew in his day, gramps could really dance. After a slow song. which they showed many of us youngsters how it was done, the DJ put on a Big Band song from the Swing Era.

When George and Corinne started to dance the Swing, the floor cleared with everyone watching in awe. Here were these two oldsters showing us all how to dance.

To everyone's surprise. when the music stopped, gramps gave Corinne a huge hug and kiss. On the lips!

Was this a budding romance? Nope, just two elderly folks really enjoying the moment.

As my job started, Cora was continuing taking classes at a local community college. It seemed she had quite a grasp in computer coding. Who knew?

She soon had her Associate's degree in IT, and several job offers.

Our sex life was in high gear, with us trying nearly everything. With one major exception. One night, during a fantastic evening of sexual acrobatics, I made a movement placing my hand on her rounded behind. She gasped, and not in a sexual way.

"Cora, speak to me, if I am out of bounds."

She just hid her face in my chest, sobbing, saying, that was the cause of the sexual assault charge against Darnell Jackson, her abuser.

I just held her as tenderly as I could saying over and over how sorry I was. It broke my heart feeling her body shaking so badly. Finally, after rocking her in my arms, for a half hour, or so, I felt her shaking subside, and sensed by her soft breathing, she fell asleep.

When I woke up the next morning, she was looking into my eyes, and told me how sorry she was the way she reacted.

I kissed both her eyelids, her nose and her lips, with my hand very softly caressing her breast.

"I promise you that I will never do that, again, my love."

Looking into my eyes, she asked me if I thought it was time to start thinking about a brother or sister for Will.

Grinning, I asked if we could start right this minute. You dunce, I'm still on the pill, she stated.

Laughing, I told her we could start practicing any time she was ready.

Thinking better of that idea, we postponed trying until I became a bit more established in my job.

Even though my degree was in Civil Engineering, my specialty was logistics. With all the major companies headquartered in and around Seattle, my specialty was in demand.

The company I worked for had contracts with all the heavy hitters in our region. Amazon, Microsoft, Starbucks, just to name a few. We even did some work with all the pro sports teams in town. You should have seen my sons eyes when I took him to the Seahawks practice facility, one day. Yes, I adopted him, much to the happiness of both families.

He couldn't stop talking about meeting his favorite Quarterback, who gave him nearly five minutes of attention, showing him how to grip the ball to throw a pass. The autographed poster didn't hurt, either.

Just as we were to celebrate our second anniversary, Cora snuggled up to me on our couch, and whispered in her sexiest voice, "I think I want to stop the pill and start making a baby!"

Who was I to deny my wife?

We started that very evening, as she had already stopped her pills. The little sneak.

The following morning, it seemed that Will was quieter than normal. I asked if something was wrong, and he softly said it was awfully noisy last night.

Oh, shit, we both looked at each other and decided it was time to look for a bigger place, maybe even finally buying a house. Our son was nearly 8 years old and had a pretty good idea what those noises were.

We sat him down after breakfast, and very honestly told him what mom and dad were doing. Using the correct technical terms. We didn't want him thinking sex was a bad thing. He already heard enough misinformation on the playground at school.

House hunting was put at the top of our to do list. Well, actually number two. Number one was trying for another child. We were shown all sorts of houses, but nothing that knocked our socks off.

One Sunday morning, Cora was online, and yelled for me to come and look at something she found. What we both looked at not only knocked our socks off, but was actually in our price range.

A bit farther from where I worked, and a bit bigger, but the wow factor was off the charts. We called the listing agent and had an appointment that afternoon.

Since Cora was starting to do some contracting from home, the location didn't bother me.

The first house we saw just filled the bill, completely. 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, with a den for a home office. A bit bigger that we were looking for, but we absolutely fell in love with it.

After making an offer, we were on our way home. When Will asked if we were going to be the only black family in the area. Cora turned to him and quietly told him our agent made a point of telling us there were already other families of color living there. That brought a smile to all our faces.

Our offer was accepted, with a closing date 4 weeks from now. My job was going great guns, with the area booming, and our love making was in high gear, with Will no longer complaining about the noise. Either we were quieter than usual, or he slept with ear buds in his ears.

As we were getting our new house set up, we were getting ready for bed, when I heard this little voice telling me, I think I'm pregnant, Danny.

"Are you positive," I asked.

"Second missed period, so I'm fairly positive."

I hugged her so tightly, she finally told me to ease up, a bit. We just laid next to each other, grinning like a couple of clowns.

The following week, when she went to her Doctor, I took the afternoon off and went with her. When I was called into to exam room, with the ultrasound wand right on her tummy, I thought it was a bit noisy, and said so.

"Mr. Hill, its noisy because there are two hearts in there besides your wifes."

"Twins???"

"See, I told you he is smart," my smart ass wife told the Doc.

Oh, my God, we were going to have twins.

"Aren't you glad we have all that extra room in our house, Daniel?"

Wow, she almost never calls me Daniel. This told me she was elated with this news. As were both sets of parents. Her grandmother as well as my grandfather, too.

When Will got home from school, we all sat down, telling him our family was going to have some new additions. He just stared and said additions, plural?

Yes, mom is having twins, I told him.

Much to our surprise, he grinned and told us he was hoping for one of each, adding he could put up with one sister. but not two. Not his choice.

I really didn't know what to expect with her pregnancy, but learned, quickly. Not many food cravings, only a large quantity of most anything. Not too moody, but had her moments, especially when her belly started growing, earlier than she wanted.

Did we want to know the sexes of our kids? Damn right, we did. In the fifth month, at her monthly visit, we found out Will was getting his wish. One little boy, and one little girl. Only, the ultrasound showed they weren't all that little for the fifth month. Cora's visits were now every other week, to monitor their growth closer.

Into her eighth month, at a now weekly visit, her Doc told us definitely she wouldn't carry full term. If she made it to the start of her ninth month, we'd be lucky.

Just into her ninth month, at her weekly visit, her Doc told us to go directly to the birthing center, to be induced.

Wow. I was far more nervous than Cora was, but she had already given birth.

Getting her prepped, I just couldn't sit still. Walking beside her on the gurney, masked and gowned, and holding her hand, we just stared at each other.

I must have been asked a dozen times, if I was OK. I finally had to tell the nurses that I wasn't the patient.

Just as the second hour of labor was ending, Alison Cory Hill let the world know she was very much alive. 6 pounds 1 ounce and 18.5 inches long, with a very nice head of very dark, curly hair.

Just over five minutes later, Steven Gary Hill followed suit. 5 pounds 15 ounces and 18 inches on the dot. Almost the identical hair style, and even a healthier set of lungs.

As Alison was finishing up with the nurses, Gary was getting cleaned, too. As I watched our new daughter being placed in Cora's arms, I heard the second team if nurses laugh, tell us all, his water works! Not the first time they had been peed on, nor would it be the last.

I just couldn't text my family both pictures fast enough. I could sense the tears of joy from 1500 miles, away.

Later, that afternoon, my in laws and grandma brought Will in to meet his new siblings. They came into our room, two at a time. Will and grandma first, with Will looking from one to the other, giving his mother a kiss, and me a hug, asking when would they all get to come home. Tomorrow or the next day, we answered. Corinne just stood next to Cora and smiled, wiping the tears of joy from her eyes.

Walter and Yvonne then entered, just beaming. Hugs and kisses. Yes, there were more tears, too.

I got to bring my new family home, after a one night stay in the hospital. Will already announcing he had his ear buds ready to block out any noise. In truth, he couldn't wait to tell his class about his new brother and sister.

I told my in laws that the following week, my parents and grandfather would be here, for the next very important part of Steven's life.

On his eighth day, he went through the ritual circumcision, every Jewish boy experiences. With my grandfather holding him in his arms, and my father and I on each side, he was welcomed into the Jewish community.

Afterwards, while family and friends just mingled, and we put the twins down for their nap, we noticed both George and Corinne were nowhere to be seen.

We looked into our backyard, and there they were, sitting on our double swing. They really looked adorable, two 80 year olds enjoying the company of each other.

With all of us being a bit tired, we didn't notice that Will wasn't here, either. We quietly went into the twins room, and there he was, sitting between their cribs, softly singing to them.

Wow, our family seemed so complete. My family stayed two more days, with George and Corinne getting together, on their own, again.

When they left, the house almost seemed empty. Ha! Who was I kidding? It wouldn't be empty or quiet for many years to come.

We were lucky in the matter of both kids having very similar sleep patterns. Between feedings and diapering, there wasn't much time to even think about sex.

As for feeding, yes I helped, thanks to the handy dandy breast pump Cora was given at her baby shower. Even Will offered to help, since he was nearly nine years old, and growing like a weed, with us setting him up, he was a champ. He did draw the line at changing any diapers.

Before any serious sex was restarted, we made it clear to ourselves that three was our limit. No question about it. It is so much easier for me to get 'snipped' rather than Cora getting her tubes tied, it was a no brainer.

I worked from home for nearly six weeks, and felt good about going back to work. Cora had her family support team in place, and I just had this grin I couldn't and didn't want to end.

My business was booming. Cora started doing some more contract work. The twins were thriving, and Will was in middle school. Yes, he still has that autographed poster of Number 3 for the Seahawks on his wall.

Our family still gets along great, with my grandpa and Cora's grandma talking to each other nearly every day. It just couldn't have worked out much better, if we had planned all this.

12