At The Movies

Story Info
A Movie To Kill For.
2.4k words
3.38
1.3k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Wordmate
Wordmate
101 Followers

What can you say about this quiet little town that lies across the river without a single crime committed? Where its residents were kind, peaceful, and looked out for one another like one big happy family? One faithful afternoon would change all that at the local movie theater; the newly released horror film that people have been anxious to watch since the trailers came out.

Since it's opening fifty years ago, the Flint theater staged musicals, plays, and then on to films. As the decades went by, movies made even more money and attracted bigger crowds. Soon plays and musicals became a thing in the past and the Flint became strictly a movie theater.

Helloween was an anthology film about monsters, psychotic killers, and human experiments. People ages twenty and older came by the dozens while some teenagers would sneak in with their fake ID's.

The theater was packed; not one empty seat in sight. Even the seats from the balconies were filled up. Practically half the town showed up to see what was called the most exciting horror film in history. The young Italian director was haled as the future of horror due to his last two box office successes. Many have said he was crazy and his films were sick and degrading. He was determined to make what was to be his masterpiece, no matter all the criticism thrown at him.

After the latest trailers were shown, the film had begun and the audience were ready for a good time. One character introduced each story; a female zombie wearing all black like she came from a funeral. Even some of the guys in the audience thought she was a hot little number.

Darnell and Tommy, two vendors working the day shift, were entertained by the sound of the crowd receiving jump scares throughout the film.

"How long is the movie?" Darnell asked.

"Hour and a half, I think," said Tommy. "It's suppose to be good."

"Suppose to be? Greatest horror film my ass. I've seen horror films that were considered to be great but they turned out to be fucking garbage. I don't know what the big deal over this shit is."

"Maybe it's good shit; who knows?"

"You see one horror film, you've seen them all."

Two stories in and soon the third and last would be introduced by the zombie hostess. It was a simple tale about a hypnotist displaying his talent on stage to a small crowd. After the latest jump scares form the first two stories, the audience were prepared for more. The hypnotist invited a young lady on stage to lay out his act on her. He told her to sit down, relax, and look directly into his eyes, listening to every word he spoke.

"Look into my eyes," he said, in a German accent. "Keep your eyes focused on mine. Do not move a muscle. Look into my eyes. Look into my eyes. Look into my eyes."

"Why don't we take a peek?" Tommy asked.

"What?" Darnell asked.

"Take a peek at the movie. It must be good if everybody is screaming. Come on, I'm already getting bored."

"Your ass is going to get fired."

"For what? Nobody else is going to show up and this ain't no multiplex."

"What are you going to do, sit on the floor and watch it?"

"No, I'll just open the door a bit and check it out. You want to come?"

"No, I'm good. I rather keep my job."

"Suit yourself."

Before Tommy had a chance to get to the door, one person rushed right out, heading into the streets. One woman ran out screaming, along with two others rushing towards the doors.

"The hell?" Tommy said.

"I guess they had enough. They're probably puking their shit out."

"If they did it in there, I'm not cleaning it up."

"I'm not doing it. Fuck that shit."

Another guy rushed out, holding on to his leg. He limped his way into the middle of the street, nearly getting run over. After the driver cursed him out he tried opening the passenger door. The door was locked and the driver sped off avoiding a confrontation. Another woman rushed out with her hand on her neck. The screams inside got louder and intense while two more people ran for their lives.

"The fuck is going on?" Darnell asked. "Tommy?"

"I don't know," said Tommy, "I don't like this."

"Oh my God!" Yelled one man.

"What is happening?" Yelled one woman.

"Get out of my way!" Yelled another.

"She's killing him!"

"What are you doing?"

One man rushed out, holding on to his wrist. Darnell noticed the trail of red crimson left by that same individual.

"Is that blood?" Darnell asked.

"I don't know," said Tommy, seeing the trail go from the theater and straight towards the exit. "Is there a fight going on?"

Another woman came out, holding on to her eye. One young man came out, holding on to his broken arm. Tommy stopped him from going further, demanding to know what was happening inside.

"What happened?" He asked. "What the hell is going on?"

"Get the fuck out of my way!" said the young man, knocking Tommy to the floor.

"Asshole!" Tommy shouted, taking out his phone to call the police.

Gary the usher showed after finishing up in the bathroom. He was a pudgy looking specimen who could have easily play fullback in the pros if he wanted to. He took notice over the people running off but couldn't understand what the screaming and yelling was all about.

"What the hell is going on?" He asked.

"I think a fight broke out," said Darnell.

"A fight? Who the hell fights in a fucking movie theater?"

"Handle it."

"Yeah, I got it. I better be getting a bonus after this."

While Gary stepped inside Darnell's cell phone rang. On the other end was Robbie handling the film projectors, listening to all the noise but couldn't really see below the darkness. The only bright light was the projector itself flashing upon the big screen.

"The fuck is going on?" He asked.

"You tell me," said Darnell. "People are yelling and bleeding all over the place."

"Did a fight break out? I can't see shit."

"Turn the movie off and put the lights on. I need you to tell us what you see up there."

"On it."

Once Robbie had done what he was told, he regretted ever doing it after seeing what he wished he didn't see. The horror before him was something he never thought possible and may haunt him for the rest of his life.

"Oh, my God," he said.

"What?" Darnell asked. "Talk to me."

"I-I, oh, shit."

"Robbie! Robbie!"

He said nothing else afterwards. Soon more people, either wounded or covered in blood, dragged themselves out towards the exit.

"What did Robbie say?" Tommy asked.

"Nothing."

"What do you mean nothing?"

"He didn't tell me shit."

Soon Gary rushed out in the open holding on to his bleeding hand. He was about ready to leave the building himself and join the forming crowd outside.

"Motherfucker!" He shouted.

"What happened?" Tommy asked.

"Some asshole bit my hand. Bit it really hard. Fuck!"

"Why?"

"How the fuck should I know? I'm out of here."

After Gary took his leave another man in panic mode rushed right out with his earlobe bitten off where his earring used to be.

"They're killing us!" He yelled hysterically. "They're fucking killing us!"

He pushed the crowd aside and ran into the streets where a passing vehicle knocked him down, breaking both of his legs. People from the balconies rushed down the stairs, falling right on top of each other, not even caring who they stepped on. They pushed and shoved one another, smashing straight through the glass doors, forming a bloody and bruised dog pile.

"Fuck it," said Darnell, taking his leave.

Tommy soon followed along where they both struggled to get around the pile of bodies. The entire block was riddled with screams and panic. This quiet little town was now on the verge of a state of emergency.

"Nine, one, one," said the operator, "what is your emergency?"

"I need help!" Yelled one young lady. "My boyfriend! They killed him!"

"Calm down, ma'am. Who killed him?"

"They killed him! We were watching a movie! Oh, my God!"

"Please, calm down."

"He's fucking dead!"

Another operator hand her hands full with disturbing calls of her own. One call after another people couldn't quite explain their situation carefully. The whole town was in a state of bedlam.

"They're killing everybody!" Yelled one man. "They're all dead!"

"Please, help," said one young lady. "So much blood. I have blood on my hands."

"We need help," said one young man, calling from inside the theater. "They're fighting and killing each other. I'm hiding behind the seats. They didn't see me yet. I'm safe as long as I don't move. Send the cops; send anybody. My girl went crazy and I don't know where she is. No. No! Stay away! Get the fuck away from me! No!"

The last thing heard were agonizing screams of pain and a chilling gurgling sound in the background. It was chaotic by the time the police arrived on the scene. What they discovered in the theater was something they never thought possible in this quiet little town.

"Dispatch", said one officer, "we have a situation here at the Flint theater. Multiple casualties. There are bodies everywhere and some seriously wounded. Send every unit ASAP. It's really bad out here."

By evening twenty two were reported dead and fifteen wounded. It would forever be known as the Matinee Massacre. No one had any idea on what or who caused the horrific event. Even when the media showed up they were dying for answers, but couldn't get much out of anyone they stopped to interview.

"What was once a quiet town", said one female reporter, "is now a place of death. Here in the Flint theater, movie goers flocked to see the opening of the latest horror film called Helloween. But soon a real life horror story would take place right behind me. A theater drenched in blood."

On every television in town the residents received a glimpse of camera footage made by the movie goers who managed to escape. Most of it were people running hysterically into the streets, wounded and screaming for help.

"This was the scene", the reporter continued, "as chaos ran amok during the premiere of Helloween. What really happened inside remains unknown. We did speak to two men who worked in the theater at the time of the incident."

"It was pretty wild", said Darnell, "people just ran out screaming."

"Did you see what actually happened?" The reporter asked.

"No, I didn't see a thing."

"I ran out of there," said Tommy. "I didn't want to stick around and find out, but I'l

never work there again. Count me out."

"The sheriff's department," said the reporter, "were also baffled by the gruesome discovery."

"None of us," said the sheriff, "has ever seen anything like this, and I've lived here all my life."

"What do you think happened in there?"

"I'm really not sure. Possibly a fight broke out and got out of hand or there were drugs involved. Kids today, you never know."

"You believe drugs were involved?"

"I can't say for sure, but we'll know from the toxicologist."

"Any arrests been made?"

"No, not yet. We don't know if the assailants are dead or those alive are."

For days the Matinee Massacre remained a mystery. Not a single arrest was made and no one to blame. People made their own opinions about the event, such as the theater was cursed due to the suicide of the last owner. Some say mind altering drugs were a factor while others went so far in assuming it was demonic possession. None of these facts were ever caught on.

Despite the theater being cleaned up and fixed, movie goers were just not lining up these days. The whole town was too afraid to set foot in the Flint theater ever again. Who could blame them? Soon the place went bankrupt and eventually closed its doors for good.

Then a week later someone posted a video online, detailing everything that happened in the theater. It started off when half the crowd stood from their seats, blocking the view of the people behind them.

"Did someone scream?" Asked the girl, doing the filming.

"What the hell are they doing?" Her date asked. "Hey, asshole sit your ass down. We're trying to watch the movie."

Those standing attacked the people sitting next to them. One man flew from the balcony, landing onto the crowd below. Followed by screams and shouting, blood would start to pour in unexpected ways. The attackers used their keys as weapons; gouging eyes and slicing throats. Cell phones were used to club their victims or shove them down their throats. The attackers went so far as biting their victims and smashing their own skulls against the walls, committing suicide. The rest slit their own throats with their keys.

"They're crazy," said the girl. "What are they doing?"

"We got to get out of here," said her date.

"We've got to call the police."

"Forget the police. We need to go. Now!"

Before heading to the exit, he was tackled by two men covered in blood, who began biting his legs. His date turned around in shock with what was being done to him.

"Run!" He yelled. "Go! Get out of here!"

All she could do was watch her guy, having his face smashed against the floor until he couldn't say another word. She just stood there, filming everything all around her, seeing the carnage unfold. Soon she was attacked from behind, forcing her to drop her phone while it was still filming.

The phone laid on the floor, facing the ceiling, recording the girl's screams. After fighting off her attacker, she crawled her way towards the phone, with droplets of blood falling upon the screen from her cut forehead. She filmed what was to be her final moments on Earth.

"Please, help", she said. "I don't want to die here. Help...me."

Again she dropped the phone as she was dragged away, screaming her lungs out. Her own screams would be blanketed by those who were suffering from the unexpected attacks from their dates or loved ones.

"Look into my eyes", said the hypnotist, "look into my eyes. Look into my eyes. Now, at the sound of my voice, you will do exactly what I tell you to do. When I snap my fingers, you will..."

Wordmate
Wordmate
101 Followers