All Comments on 'Attack Decay Sustain Release'

by AwkwardMD

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
Maria_McGeorgeMaria_McGeorgeabout 4 years ago
Stunning

A really strong and engaging read, engaging, heartwarming and hot! There is so much to this!

This story is, in my opinion, your finest work yet. I love the cast, the story, and the steamier parts. This is extremely well crafted and something you should be very proud of.

5 stars all the way!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So good

Great story, hope there’s more to come!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
An original story ...

... that I enjoyed a lot. Thank you.

RastanuraRastanuraabout 4 years ago
Really cool

I could identify with this so well because my nephew is going through rehab after a brain aneurism and has a lot of the same problems. Great story and I hope you'll let us know how it works out.

Sophie160987Sophie160987about 4 years ago
Familiar

I love reading it but just a question is this a remake of an ons storry or is of completely new

It feels like i have bin reading this already but a long time ago

Anyways

It was refreching raw sad happy hopeles and most of al a good storry

Thanx

metroalmametroalmaabout 4 years ago

I feel like I have been run over by a train . . . in a good way! That was some potent story telling and there could be a lot more or not as things go. You chose a good place to end or a good place from which to lead onwards.

amy821amy821about 4 years ago
Great story

This was a very engaging story. Now that I've read this one I'll get started on reading your others. Good work!

chrissycamorechrissycamoreabout 4 years ago
Chapter 2 Please

Fantastic writing! Please don't leave us hanging. Can't wait for the next chapter!

Chris

BookwormmomBookwormmomabout 4 years ago
Love this

More please. So good!!

OneAuthorOneAuthorabout 4 years ago
Simply tremendous

Truly, this story made me feel so many different things. And that's the finest compliment I can give to a writer. Vivian's story of recovery from the car accident -as well as her drug issues - was both emotional and compelling. I really loved her relationship with Lucia, who helped Vivian as much as Vivian helped her. I was rooting for them to live happily ever after together (with more amazingly steamy sex scenes)... and who knows? Maybe they reconnect at some point. Even if they don't, it's wonderful to know that Vivian is in a much better place. Hopefully, Lucia is too.

Thanks again for writing another magnificent story. The icing on the cake was seeing Vivian repair/strengthen family relationships with her twin brother, Carly, her two nieces... and possibly even with her father. Absolutely beautiful.

ArmyGal33ArmyGal33about 4 years ago
Engaging

You have crafted a very engaging, unique, and fully developed story. This definitely doesn’t follow the usual tropes, and I am very excited to see where it goes from here.

sinfulwolfsinfulwolfabout 4 years ago
You've read my thoughts on this elsewhere

Still. Not enough good can be said about this beautiful piece.

pseud277pseud277about 4 years ago
Five stars

This writing is one of the best pieces on this site. Its worth reproducing in or on any professional media to gain the recognition that it deserves. The sex was great but more than that it was the portraits of the characters that it painted in such a very brief concise space. I normally hang back from giving five stars because I always thought that 5 was where professional writing started. Going to check out the other stories from the writer, maybe double-check for other work elsewhere.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Sequel please.

Lovely story which really engaged the reader. Hope you will continue the story of Vivian.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This Was So Fucking Good!

The story and the story[i]telling[/i] was exceptional. In fact, I literally skipped right over the sex scenes, to stay with the story.

6 STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Just Superb!

'nough said

BrokenSpokesBrokenSpokesabout 4 years ago
wow...

I like this. I mean I really, really liked this. Usually I'm all in on the 'happily ever after' but I still liked this. This was so bittersweet, so real, so raw. Well done girl.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fiddler on the Green

What a ride of a story, would love to read more. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Dreaded each upcoming paragraph

But II am glad to stay to the end. I wish I could find your published works. I’d buy all of them.

OmenainenOmenainenalmost 4 years ago
Loved this

Thank you for this. I love the broken people, the struggle, the insecurities and fears. Extremely enjoyable journey with your amazing characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Resist the urgings

I hate sequels, prequels, chapter 2s, the follow on stories, that sort of thing. Because, well, if the story was good in the first place why guild the lily?

BUT...

I really want to know what happens next. Does Viv find Luc?

It was a shock to realise that Luc was not dead, because that had been how the storyline was pushing me. In fact that was the essence of the entire tale - drip feeding us bit by bit just what we needed to keep us hooked.

Masterful.

Too many submissions on this site read like 1970s porn scripts, sex scene leading to sex scene with little character progression, but this story made me feel for the people whose lives I was reading about. I cared for Viv, I feared for Luc, I wanted to know more, about what happened and where they were going. But this is just a snapshot, a little glimpse into someone else's world; it needs no part 2 - that would be guilding the lily.

And as an aside it was nice to read a story where the girls were not endowed with unthesiably large breasts. I am not big breasted but I had a girlfriend who was a DD, forever complaining about backache, gravity and momentum. Men seem to believe that big breasts are the greatest thing, and lesbian fiction frequently mirrors that (to the point that I start to wonder if, despite the feminine names, it is actually written by men) yet I have never heard any normal women, straight or gay, express a desire for bigger tits (just those seeking self publicity). The breasts in this story were perfect, and well described.

A well deserved 5 stars.

Lexi

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 3 years ago
Awkward awake

Been through coma time myself and its for shure not funny ..... Waking and beeing in a wrong place, starting hard work coming back because its not about the body its the soul changes ..... So this poetry reminds me touching me and I understand vivs needs to help after her own changings .... We'll written thank you

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54over 3 years ago

God that was intense. I lost my little brother to drugs and this hurt to read. But I finished it because it was so good it deserved to be read.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

MerlinTKDMerlinTKDover 3 years ago

As a musician,I felt this one all the way through. I love your writing!

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienElleabout 3 years ago

Third time reading this. It was a little too intense to comment on, the first couple of times.

Your stories are amazingly intense, your storytelling is beautiful, and your writing is impeccable.

Thank you!

OmenainenOmenainenabout 3 years ago

Still loving this, even more so the second time through, if possible. Going to read “The Beast In Me” now, and I’ve got this premonition I won’t be disappointed.

You’re something else, you are.

pseud277pseud277almost 3 years ago

Read this at the time and didnt know if there was going to be a sequel. Now its sequel has arrived, Im adding a comment to this after skimming through it. Its a fine study of two characters just forlorn enough to setup the next part. Loved it.

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 3 years ago
Don't know how...

...I missed this one when it came out but I'm certainly pleased to have found it. What can I say? It's brilliant in its depiction of how drugs can ruin lives. The music business and drugs are not a new phenomenon---it stretches right back into the early 20th Century and many a wonderful musician, such as for example Gene Krupa, has paid the final dreadful price for dabbling. Congratulations on a very fine piece of work.

Through_Burning_EyesThrough_Burning_Eyesover 2 years ago

Well... that was heartbreakingly bittersweet. 10/10 would cry again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow. This piece is... shockingly powerful. Gripping. Emotionally raw and intense. Your indirect characterization is excellent, and each character feels unique and distinctly real. What makes this piece so propulsive is the way you set up conflicts—Vivian and the bathroom door, Lucia getting the gig opportunity just as she's starting detox. You let characters heal, their situations and psyches improve, and then rip the world out from under them in exactly the worst way possible. And yet, the overall hopeful tone is maintained by how the characters transform in an ultimately positive way by the end, even if it's far from perfect. You set up this almost musical emotional oscillation in masterful fashion, fitting for a piece with a motif of music. That you continue that pattern to the very end, with Lucia's bittersweet echo from beyond Vivian's world, makes the conclusion feel final, whole, and well-deserved.

I've never felt compelled to leave a comment on this site. I never imagined I would see something of this quality on this site, but here we are. Easily one of the most powerful free works of fiction I've ever read on the internet—I only wish I could rate it higher. Keep writing.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

Just read this for the second time. I found it a powerful but hard read the first time and a little easier this time. I'm struggling to find a way to describe the reading experience, and the best I have got is that the writing is super concentrated, almost like an undiluted cordial. I feel so much impact from each sentence and paragraph. I wish I could give it more stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow! ...Just wow!

Runner4069Runner4069almost 2 years ago

Great story, with main character being Vivian I got it confused at first with The Journey by BrokenSpokes, and there are alot of similarities between this work and her stories, but it is its own work and it's a great story, I can't wait to read the next part. Thanks for sharing!

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

A hard story to read. I don't know if I will (or even want to) read it again.

The writing is well done, as usual. The emotions are deep exposed, also as usual. But still … hard for me.

I did the band scene a few years in college … also as a bass player. So, I could feel it. We were jazz though, and I think the fundamental nature of the music you play (or the music that plays you) deeply affects (or is affected by) your personality. In a way, like writing, it's a fundamental part of you.

We were good kids just having fun, but we stood shoulder to shoulder with plenty of bands like these that lived on the edge (or just over it in many cases). Like anything else in life, it's a tricky balance, walking close enough to the edge to actually *feel* the edge … and taking that one step too far, and not realizing you've fallen over the edge. I was lucky. Every person in our band were scientists and engineers. I think the objectivity of our fields of interest kept the real beasts at bay. Few are that lucky.

And no matter how objective you think you are, there's nothing more dangerous than a little fame.

Maybe that's why this is so hard to read, seeing the edge we walked so clearly in hindsight. And realizing how lucky we were. And reading about others not so lucky. But that's just my perspective. So many in that world would easily tell you that they'd rather have flamed on and burned out than to have only simmered along.

I can see both sides. Especially now, in my writing.

quix581quix5818 months ago

Intense, beautiful story

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetronius6 months ago

God bless Broken Spokes for pointing me to you and to this series. Your writing is polished and yet raw; maybe it's the grittiness of the subject matter. You lose points on the craftsmanship front, and this would have benefited from the stern input of a fastidious, eagle-eyed editor, but those errors pale in comparison to the characters you created and developed and the skill with which you spun Vivian's tale. 5 stars.

ThatNewGuyThatNewGuy6 months ago

What a wonderful story. In less skillful hands, the choice to write Vivian's early dialogue to match her speech impairment might have come across as grating or distracting. Instead, words like "Timesit?" and "Mmmfine" painted a vivid picture of Vivian's struggles and helped to highlight the contrast between her inner thoughts and her frustration at being unable to convey those thoughts adequately. It also allowed the reader to follow Vivian's recover in "real time" as we watch her speech improve. A terrific device, expertly employed.

<br>

As an aside, I also loved this little bit of dialogue from one of the little girls: "Why is your eye weird?" Yep. That feels like a thing a kid would say!

<br>

Bigger picture, the characters are fully drawn and the world they inhabit feels lived in. Darren and Vivian have a strong bond. Carly's hostility towards Vivian is harsh but understandable, and their détente at the end feels earned and satisfying.

<br>

As another reader pointed out in the comments, the conflict is intense and gripping. Every bit of Vivian's hard-fought recovery from the accident feels real, as does her panic at being trapped behind the locked door. Lucia's temptation to use again when she fills in for Death Adder had me on the edge of my seat, pulling for her to get the heck out of there. Her eventual relapse, while expected, was still painful.

<br>

Vivian's guilt---both from her role in the accident and the years she wasted/relationships she damaged because of her addition---drives much of the story. The scene where Lucia admits her own guilt and the rage she feels because of it is so powerfully drawn. Tough to read, but in a good way.

<br>

I'm curious how you came up with some of the details that made Vivian's recovery feel so real (like the therapy scene using the bolts and nuts). Was that from research, anecdotal life experience, a combination of both? For the most part, these details did a nice job of lending verisimilitude to the story without bogging the reader down in minutiae.

<br>

Just a fantastic piece of writing with characters that I genuinely cared about. I'm glad I finally carved out some time to read this and I hope to check out the other two stories in the series at some point in the near future.

LrtikagraphLrtikagraph3 months ago

A superb story. Hard, arresting. Convincingly real. I got here via Broken Spokes too and likewise grateful.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAwkwardMD@AwkwardMD
Just pressed submit on my latest collaboration with Omenainen! It'll be up on our shared account (link below) hopefully in the next few days. I'm really excited about this one. It's short and sweet (and sweaty) and it came together in a flash. Can't wait to get it out to y...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES