Aurora, Wayward Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Aurora started a separate check of all of their communications. She finally looked back over, "You have 2 delivery drivers who apparently sold it on the black market and it has been showing up throughout your cities being used on various celebrities."

Wira chimed in, "Putting in lawsuits against all know celebrities involved for receiving stolen property. I am calling a couple of them up now separately. Do not loop them in Aurora."

She made a couple of calls. "They looked positively black and melding. I have those recorded by the way. I informed them they were in possession of the stolen property. They gave me the name of the doctor's office that issued the service to them today and he now knows he is in deep shit.

I informed him I was sending the case to the medical board. He, in turn, gave me his supplier information. That person apparently has black market ties. I just sent Aurora the relevant information on that person."

Aurora looked it over and shook her head, "Running the DNA samples across all of the DNA samples in the outer colonies to see if I can find a source to back up what I am finding. I have it; Those blood donations originated out of a hospital on Trisan in the last week. All of them."

The Trisan Governor's office got a call and the lady at the desk looked at everyone, "How can there be all of these people on one call?"

Rocan looked over, "I have the Penana Governor here and this is a call through my battleship. We have an issue for your governor before this information is given over to the press."

She looked startled and she came on line, "Governor and Rocan Spartan."

Rocan looked over as Aurora came up on the screen, "As well as Aurora and my attorney. Wina Kel will be making a ton of credits from all of the lawsuits going out right now. Several celebrities are involved."

Aurora looked over, "As is the diplomatic courier based upon street cameras. He did a switch of the blood but he did not even send it back. Instead, he sold it to a Doctor in Pena. Yet the blood given to them came from Trisan blood banks out of one hospital.

The surveillance footage shows a couple of members of your own security detail with your male significant other going in and coming out of that hospital. The Governor's lady friend sits on the board of that company-owned hospital. She also sits on the one for Eraxin. The toxin found in the blood in the outer systems. There is another board she sits on that has a 'cure' for this toxin that is required to be taken daily; apparently, they manufactured the toxic part of the toxin for the Eraxin.

I have the formula by the way for 'the cure.' Right now, you and your attorney appear to be in league with poisoning people in the outer colonies."

The Penan Governor stood, "I am issuing an emergency embargo on all imports from your system and recall of this insecticide from our system. Also, every other product from this manufacturer. "

Aurora looked over, "Our medical beds for the outer colonies are en route. We still have the ones for the inner colonies to finish. A Sentinel doctor is there and all patients will be treated for the poisoning with an actual cure; not this half-assed stop-gap measure of a cure."

Wira Kell looked over, "I will be contacting all of the families involved who had a loved one get injected with this blood to file suit against you, your government, the medical manufacturer for the 'cure, and the manufacturer of Eraxin. Aurora has already sent me files between the two companies that show collusion to poison the population.

Including messages to you and your private lawyer. Funny how the product is not on shelves in your own colony. Not really as it can transfer through any food sprayed by the product."

Aurora cut the Trisan's out of the call. She commented to Rocan in his head. * Time to act. Sending a list of those involved to the Governor and what planet they are on. Her people can handle local arrests. Her Spouse did not leave an electronic trail but the Governor is another matter. We will handle the ones on Trisan. We need the System Court Warrants. *

He sighed, "I talked it over with Aurora. Using her form of justice, we get warrants for this biological attack on all systems. The Governor through subterfuge on the insecticide. Others through this blood transfer. This was likely not her only plan for the outer systems which means Aurora will have us busy.

You get me those warrants for those people with the evidence she put into your hands and we will arrest them if possible, to stand trial for their crimes. The governor's eyes went wide, as a new Sentinel's face came in sight. Lieutenant Commander Fordor appeared on the screen.

He looked over, "Captain Rocan, Aurora told me you have work for our marines."

Rocan chuckled, "This is the Pena Governor and the Surgeon General of Pena. This is Lieutenant Commander Fordor, He is in charge of my marine forces."

He nodded to them, "Hello Governor."

She nodded, "He looks so different."

Rocan smiled, "By design. When people see our marines, they know they are our marines. No subterfuge as to who they are or their purpose. Marshal your men and meet me in the shuttle bay."

He looked to the governor, "Justice and saving Penan lives. This beats four systems killing each other over that list of actors with pawns they throw in the way to be destroyed. How many lives would be lost when we know where the blame lies.

This will cause the least amount of deaths until we have an arrest warrant in hand, we will not engage. If the system court will not issue the arrest warrants, then we will get Justice for you and your people. Aurora has a cure for the toxin; an actual cure."

The Penna Governor was furious and then she thought about it, "It would save the lives of a lot of our military to try it this way. Also, for the outer colonies. We will not announce the results of this investigation until you have them all in custody. You will have 48 hours to round up these actors and deliver them to the System Court where their officers will take charge of the prisoners."

He looked at her, "Once we have them in custody, we will secure them aboard our ship until such time as the court calls them into judgment. Their lawyers will be screened for toxins and weapons. They will be monitored by our marines.

They will take them into the court for trial. Given the nature of this attack on all systems but their own, we cannot fully trust they would survive to stand trial at the World Court."

She sighed, "Very well but if they end up in a prison. No telling what they will do to them."

He nodded, "Exactly where they should be for as long as they live. Spread across all of the colonies. We cannot protect them forever but we need to show all systems how the Home Guard is a different entity than your militaries."

She sighed, "Very well the time limit is off but I want a status update."

Rocan looked over, "When you get one, then all of the Colony Governors will receive an update. As we will have them all or there remains if they took their own lives."

She nodded, "Very well. I want these bastards put on trial for what they did."

He ended the Call * Freia, the ship is yours. Start medical treatment for our guests. You can inform them of what we are doing. Aurora, you are with me and bring your portable shield generator. Also, arm yourself and put on a terrain battle suit. In 12 hours move The Spartan toward Trisan orbit. We are taking shuttle 3 now. *

Frei sent back *Acknowledged. I will set a rendezvous point for our second guest at the halfway mark as we move in between her colony and Ridan. Then we will move in. Our first guest should be here in 4 hours. *

--

It took over 8 hours of arguments with just the judges to accept the facts into evidence and get the arrest warrants issued in a closed session. Now they understood the legality issues they would face in the future.

Rocan looked over, "Cut off all communications incoming and outgoing to Trisan." She nodded, "You want to ensure they stay in the dark and not warned by another party."

He nodded, "They have their spies."

Aurora smiled. "I just sent the Pena governor the personnel file of the spies operating in her area, based on Trisan records of employment including their file folders. A second list that was information brokers who they communicated with inside her system."

The Governor called up, "We tried to inform the Governor she has an arrest warrant coming. For her and 37 others involved in this case. Only 30 that your people will be dealing with. I could not reach her."

Aurora looked at her, "The planet is in a comms blackout. You have more than that to deal with. I sent you the list of spies she currently has working in your colony as well as a separate list of information brokers. All taken from the Trisan computer systems.

You will likely get your Security Services involved in securing most of the ones working in your building. That was why we cut off all communication inbound and outbound from Trisan.

Their news feeds are still working but we have recalibrated all of their towers to a much shorter range. The planet will get the news but the rest of the system will not. They will have to dispatch technicians who will find all of the passwords changed on the system."

She sighed, "Messing with the freedom of the press?"

Aurora sent a file to her, "They use part of their newscasts to send instructions to their operatives. I am sending the other governors there lists as well now. Along with the message, 'We are executing arrest warrants. Hold all military action. Contact Pena Governor for the initial briefing.'"

She rolled her eyes, "I have them calling in. I have separate communication with all of them."

Aurora smiled, "There transmissions are being routed to The Spartan and you have one private display without us to discuss the issues."

The Governor looked at Aurora, "I really want to get our communication system upgraded to be able to this kind of communication."

Aurora looked through her list, "The technology is not that much older than what you are using. Your technicians should be able to work with the tech. I cannot release patents though until the System Court rules on my rights to hold them.

Then I will have to deal with the legal aspects through our lawyer to get them to your contractors with a slightly reduced standard fee coming back. Every system that signs onto Home Guard I will reduce it further until it is at half the standard fee coming back.

This is to accumulate credits in which to pay Penan crew members who we are still being vetting. I have a list of around 200 so far from your system. We will not recruit from a system until the Home Guard Treaty is acknowledged."

She ended the communication. The other governors were getting testy at waiting.

--

The Pena Governor was Nanci Creu. She opened up the channel with the 3 other governors, "I have been assured this channel is just between us."

The Ridan Governor, Redia Vilo was hopping mad, "What the hell is going on? We just got a list of spies in our system and all communication with Trisan has been cut off!"

Nanci Creu looked over, "Everyone, the Home Guard is executing the arrest warrants of 30 people in that system who worked and conspired to deliver this toxin. Warrants issued by a secure System Court ruling.

It includes Governor Granden who worked it outside of her own staff and through a personal attorney. To you, it was through the blood. To us, it was through an insecticide into our food supply.

One that would have their pharmaceutical company peddling a cure to every member of every system who was 'infected' by this new rare occurring toxin. As this originated in my system; I gave specific instructions to Aurora as to whom she was allowed to track. In some cases, businesses because of the ambulance service's involvement.

It was select members of the company and not the company itself that was involved. In one case a diplomatic envoy who my security services detained before he returned to his compound. He transferred the bad blood from his compound to the ambulance service who delivered it to your couriers.

We are working 7 arrest warrants but we had to time the envoys capture just right. This included those who." She got a triple beeping sound.

Wira Kel appeared, "I asked Aurora for a moment of your time. As the latest Hybrid Justice, I felt compelled to offer my services to those families who have had to deal with being poisoned. My services will be offered pro bono to those identified as having received this blood. The farmers and all of the cases in Penna. I would cut my rates in half of any jury award or settlement they might take. Aurora assures me they are working a counter agent to deal with the food supply but the Governor will need to contact local farmers and find out if they have been using that insecticide and if any of them have been getting sick.

This will cost me hundreds of thousands of credits as I bring on additional staff to handle the load this will cause. Yet the solution that Rocan Spartan came up with is less costly than 4 colonies going to war against one. All for the actions of 37 people.

When we are done the business and personal assets will likely be liquidated and all patents for a product submitted by them sent back through for additional review. Aurora will assist in that department. I am known as Shark of Justice to the Drakor. Because I will chew them up in court.

I will not settle out of court unless the clients agree to that themselves just to end their involvement. I have an 84%-win rate in court. I am not expecting that to go down; but up. I figured while she had you collectively together and were discussing what was taking place, I would make the offer.

I wanted you to know of some additional legal options that are available to your victims. Also, to remind you that your militaries would hopefully not be reacting to this situation. Allow the Home Guard to prove their worth. They sent you a list of spies from the data collected on that planet's systems.

A system that has yet to sign on to the Home Guard Treaty. A means of giving your local courts the opportunity to deal with the offenders who invaded your system. The means to punish the Trisan government as a whole for their governor's actions. My apologies for crashing your meeting."

The governors nodded to her as she ended the connection from her side. Nanci Creu looked over, "That sound was likely a warning another party was connecting in to talk with us. That is good to know it is an option to get us to stop any sensitive discussions."

Governor Trand of Drisan looked over, "We have not signed onto this treaty yet and they have a copy of our computers. They are holding us hostage."

Nanci Creu stood, "No. They are trying to save lives by getting us to stop fighting each other. For the good of all of our people. They do not go through those records until something happens. Like poisoning 4 colonies. They are doing a measured response that should cost us no lives and save us millions of credits in declaring war.

We can hit them with a trade embargo or restriction on trade. An increase in tariffs on their goods. We are the political side. They are not. They are leveling the playing field and giving us the ability to identify any number of situations. Including the bombing lockdown, Aurora did to Congresswoman Rici to prove their measures were inadequate."

She got one of them to chuckled at that, the Governor of Gresen, Josefina Feller, "Rocan appears to have adopted Aurora's form of justice. At least in this case. Attack by surprise is normally met with the total annihilation of the enemy forces.

He is taking a more surgical approach. I have to say I do not like not being out of the loop on these decisions, but his approach sounds sincere. What will he do with those he captures?"

Nanci Creu sighed, "He will hold them under arrest and in protective custody until they stand trial. At which point once sentencing is passed those 37 will be divided as evenly as possible to each of our Colony prisons. Some might kill themselves beforehand.

How long they live inside of those prisons will deal with their level of involvement. Also, the temperament of the other prisoners and guards. Once they are turned over to the prisons then you will have some in your custody. They want them in court. They want to set the precedent for what they can and cannot do.

This is a big case and every colony is willing to kill these people for what they attempted to do. His Sentinel marines who are working with him in this effort are more impartial at the moment in this process. They will be escorting and protecting even in court.

Normally Hybrids would do that. From records he sent me after we signed. He has a lot of these marines to cover it because he does not have a hybrid base large enough to cover it yet. I am bringing Aurora into this call for a moment."

Aurora popped up on the screen and smiled, "Hello, I was told if you called to let you know that the first and second recovery teams have been deployed and he is leading the third which just left the shuttle. I will need to join them quickly."

Nanci Creu looked over. "He has 2 fighters covered in a material that can only be manipulated with telekinesis, that he knows of at least. He showed us a vid of them applying it with just his 2 hybrids onto one part of his ship.

They are designed as forward scouts for the colony transport. He also did this to one shuttle. In case any of us need a private chat with him in person. Those ships cannot be detected by our ships. He is demonstrating the need he has for that shuttle in this operation to get as many of them alive as possible.

Aurora, I need to know. How many hybrids does he have?"

She sighed, "The 3 you know about and there are 2 candidates from different systems. One has arrived at the battleship. It will become known at this point they are candidates and not hybrids. The first one is a retired Admiral from Riden, Brena Riva.

While the other is from Trisan and a former military doctor. Doctor Vera Trose. Parts of her service record were redacted. I got the unredacted portions. Because of the Caldar, she had some issues. One of which was in charge and she disobeyed his order to fight to the death. She saved 45 hospital workers in 2 rescue transport ships while getting shot by the officer in question.

The CALDAR officer in question. I went back and pulled up the security footage that was available from the rescue shuttles for her lawyer Wira Kel. He collapsed one of her lungs and broke a couple of ribs in his effort. She was given medals for her heroism and then reduced in rank for her efforts.

All for disobeying an unjust order. Freia is on board the battleship directing actions, I am with him and I need to go as I am being waved off to join him in the third extraction."

Aurora ended her feed. Nanci Creu looked over, "They might want to review that woman's unredacted service record. If Wira Kel is taking action on it; that could be costly."

Governor Trandor commented, "Once the Trisan's new governor is in place, she will have to address taking on a shark. She is one of the few who stood against them and lived. Back to these stealth crafts. Why did he let you know?"

Nanci Creu laughed, "Because he purposefully flew it above two of our patrol craft to make them aware of the fact, he had it. He wanted to prove a point, he had that technology; based on Hybrid skills, to create that. Something we cannot as yet do. Thus, he was making his case in regards to eminent domain claims. They are covered in that treaty.

1...89101112...14