Aurora, Wayward Pt. 04

Story Info
Aurora bought a 2nd chance, Rocan has to sell the future.
50k words
4.82
4.7k
8
0

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 10/27/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Synopsis: A long-forgotten wayward people. A War Hero was rescued and given a new lease on life. Every lease has a cost. (The follow-on Series to Astra)

Inspired by so many things but not endorsed by any of them. © EmotionalStorm March 2020. This story cannot be transferred to any other site besides Literotica.com without prior authorization in writing from the author and EmotionalStorm must be credited for this work.

Authors Note: For those who have not read my bio, please note I write as a form of therapy for a Traumatic Brain Injury. I know the English majors will probably encounter issues that annoy them. If these are your focus, instead of the story itself, then this is not the story for you. I am not and will never be a professional writer. I do it to tell the story, for those who wish to read them.

--

Two days later they were in orbit of Pena over Founders Square. Aurora scanned the planet. "We have 3 Caldar and a Frolan operative on the planet. Not part of the Alien Alliance. They are traders in information. The usages for this metal in AI units and bombs should be avoided until we eliminate those outside sources."

Rocan looked over, "Contact all four of them personally."

She brought up all 4 on one communication screen so they could all see each other. "This ship is equipped with advanced sensors. We know your races. You have 10 minutes to depart the planet before I activate weapon systems and destroy your cloaked ships and then send down our AI units, Sentinel marines, to hunt you down and terminate your lives. You are spies and saboteurs. As such you will not live out the day if you remain."

He did not bother letting them respond as he killed the connection. He sighed, "Other worlds?"

Aurora looked over, "Trisan has 3 Caldar on it. That leaves 3 on Ridan. The other worlds appear clear."

He nodded, "Contact them. Order 2 of the Sentinel battleships to head for the Ridan system." Aurora nodded, He contacted the 6 individuals at the same time and told them the same thing. He also added, "I have 2 battleships with AI units, Sentinels marines, that are on board ready to come down and bring about your execution."

He ended the call. He looked over, "Launch the drones and send half of them to Trisan and the other half to encircle this world. We will try to capture them all."

He contacted the Pena Governor's office. "We ran a scan for alien lifeforms on the planets. We have given them orders to vacate the worlds in 10 minutes or be hunted into extinction. 4 on Pena, 3 on Trisan, and 3 on Ridan. We have their stealth ships targeted and are monitoring their progress."

She looked up, "You are letting them go?"

He smiled, "I have 2 Sentinel battleships inbound, 10 Sentinel manned fighters launched with half headed to Trisan. Sentinel is the name of our AI race. They can likely catch their ships and they can detect them. Those fighters also have tractor beams in which to hold and drag them back. The Caldar are dangerous. At least one was apparently in your meeting the other day; they are shape shifters who take on the form of those they eat.

If I destroy them, I wish to do it in space so it does not fall back into populated areas. The other option is sending in small teams of our Sentinel marines to bring them down. They are all spies, only 2 races involved. The Caldar had 9 operatives with 3 on 3 different colonized worlds. They like to start wars across various planets; set our people against each other. They also like to eat us; males in particular. What is the female to male ratio currently?"

She sighed, "10 females to every one male. You are saying this one race has put our numbers this far out of balance?"

Rocan chuckled, "They are a large part of the reason. The environment is the other factor. The wars are yet another. If your military is keeping you informed then I wanted you to know what was going on. This is one of the things the Home Guard does. Work to get rid of these alien spies."

She nodded, "I will inform my military commanders of what you are doing."

Rocan nodded, "We are on our way to the shuttle. The Sentinels aboard this ship will work to capture them all and keep us informed."

He ended communications while they went down, got in battle armor. They grabbed swords and knives. Aurora looked at him, "We have intercepted and captured all of the ones on Pena. The Frolan destroyed his ship. The others at Trisan are being pursued by the Sentinal manned fighters. They have a head start but we are faster. The last set has left the planet and were headed in the direction of our battleships and are now headed back our way toward the fighters I reassigned. They should all be captured by the time we land."

He piloted the shuttle down, "Check the site for explosives." She scanned the area, "I am picking up a landmine in the area where our shuttle will land. I cannot destroy it without arming weapons."

Rocan sighed, "In the shuttle landing area or where we could walk out into it?"

She made herself clear, "You would be walking into it. You could put down a telekinetic wall to walk over the mine area."

He asked, "Would my sword penetrated it to destroy the mine?"

She smiled, "It would. Good practice. There are also 12 snipers in the area. I am carrying a portable shield generator in the case I have. Including the blood samples. There are army and marine units a few blocks away."

He nodded, "Expected that would be the case."

He landed the shuttle and opened the side hatch. He set the wall a centimeter off the ground and walked out alone. He summoned up his sword to his hand and stabbed through the landmine which exploded outward from the edge of the wall.

The other two followed as he put his sword away. His voice was being projected from the Shuttle as he spoke. "We scanned for explosives before landing and knew that landmine was here along with 12 snipers that have taken up positions around the Square.

You should know we have personal shields and a portable shield with us so the sniper rifles are next to useless other than noisemakers and risks to the crowds from ricochets. Project our Governors onto the left building; for those who were not able to attend directly.

Display 10 hostages in space if you will on the right wall. Putting a picture up for the one who destroyed his own ship to avoid capture. I was going to start in the past but I figured it prudent to start with today's activity as I did launch out our Sentinel manned fighters.

I also had a couple of our Sentinel battleships move from our mining and space dock rig to be closer to the outer planets; Ridan in particular. These 9 remaining men and women that you see on the screen are not Penans. They are Caldar. They are currently held in tractor beams. A device to catch ships or asteroids in space and move or hold them in place. To our 9 uninvited guests, I make this promise. Show the people your true form and I will release your ships from the tractor beams once I have finished questioning you and you answer honestly. You do not and you will remain that way until you do cooperate."

They all appeared to be discussing options when one-by-one they changed into their true form. He looked up, "I will talk with the blue one who was in the Pena Governor's office during my meeting with her. You devour our people. With the males being preferred. Correct?"

The one wanted to stay silent but the others talked with him or it. It responded, "Your people are cattle to us. You should not have this level of technology."

Rocan nodded, "The race known as the Drakor hunt your people because of your activity. The blood of the Drakor works on most races to cure diseases, regenerate lost limbs and such, fix birth defects, and yet is toxic to you. Correct?"

The one answered, "It has done those things to other races. We cannot speak for your race."

Rocan smiled, "The Penan people are humans separated by 4,700 years of no contact. You knew this and your people did this to humans centuries ago. You have been here for centuries. You have played a major role in the destruction or should I say consumption of the Penan male population. Correct?"

The blue looked over, "Your people are different tasting than humans. You have something within you that we find tasty. More so than humans. Something on those planets has changed your people to be different than humans."

Rocan nodded, "One last question. You work to sew conflict into our societies. Set our people against each other. This is to generate more dead or missing Penans for consumption and your amusement. How long have you been here?"

The blue looked over, "We arrived shortly after your founders landed. Yes, we do not like others of our kind by color. We use your people to entertain us and to provide us the food we need to survive. Wars generate dead Penans. Which generates more food for us. We still let your populations grow."

Rocan nodded, "Yes they grow with mostly females because you covet males in your diet more than females."

It responded, "This is true. You said you would release our ships."

Rocan nodded, "Aurora release all of their ships." She released them. He gave in 5 seconds and looked over, "Destroy all of their ships."

The images quickly faded from the wall as the ships were gone. Rocan looked at the crowd, "The Home Guard is an organization made up of Penans, a race of Artificial Intelligence units known as Sentinels, and Penans who have been made hybrids by the Drakor. This is why they fear the Home Guard.

Freia and I are both hybrids. 40% of our blood by volume. That is the disclosure part. What I did to the land mind was based upon telekinesis and generating a wall to walk over in order to stab my sword through to destroy the mine. We are very cautious. We are very cautious because at the moment we are the only 2.

Because we have had our meeting and reached the first step in the Drakor hybrid graduation we are tasked with success or extermination of our entire race. Aurora who was created by Terran as an Artificial Intelligence unit can explain some of this history better. As the humans are a fully graduated species. We are considered a separate species."

Aurora stepped forward a bit, "I look Penan by design. I am a member of the Penan Home Guard by choice, as are all the Sentinels working on the ships, and construction facilities. We will cover how this came about shortly. He asked me to talk about Drakor." She threw up the image of the Pralon attack and the Ferron attack. She looked out at the crowds. "If they wanted us destroyed, they could do it. Instead, they give your people the cure to most of your ailments.

A group of Hybrids who work to bring peace and balance to your societies as a whole. They have a code that they cannot violate. To do so would mean the Drakor would kill them and then your species. Those Hybrid laws are in the 6 charters for new colonies being set up in the Samar system. 4 of those worlds would have to be terraformed. They are 4 moons."

She threw the image of the yellow star, the habitable worlds available and the 4 moons that existed. She looked at the Governors, "The first file I am sending the governors includes these laws which are not changeable and are the laws that would have to set as taking priority in the case of hybrids.

In short, they would have their own laws to deal with and they may not always align with your laws. Where that occurs, hybrids are judged by their own laws over Pena laws. A hybrid gets corrupted and they are killed. The Penans are on their second chance at getting this right."

Rocan held up a hand, "The first vid file we will show you is one in your own archives as seen by the Pena governor. The persecution of the founder of this colony for a research facility." He played it. "This is what happened in the courts."

He played the next video for the crowds. Rocan looked at the statue, "Your governor knows the ancient languages and was shown these videos earlier without the translations to modern Pena. Once she saw that, she knew the truth behind the lady in the statue in the Founder's Square.

A woman who was seeking to find a biological means of killing hybrids. When that failed, she injected their blood into herself and her co-conspirators. To live longer lives and to cure their ailing bodies. She killed thousands of children in these experiments and her cohorts continued her work for several years in small cells until captured or killed. She was responsible for 3,000 of these deaths.

Humans and Terrain AI units have estimated that over 10,000 were killed in these early years of human hybrids existence. The only thing they learned from the experiments was what we have told you. It is a cure for a lot of our people's problems. I say a lot, but not all.

She was shown a map of this system. The furthest system that had been probed by humans and found to have a world that would support a colony. That probe had a periodic table of elements, but not all of the ones we know about now.

One of those that was missing is the metal many of you wear for jewelry. Also, you build your homes, transports, eating utensils, spaceships, and cooking pans made from that metal. That metal is toxic to our people. It is also why we look so different from our founder.

The Drakor blood will not cure that poisoning of our bodies. We have medical technology that can remove it. Aurora said there are devices we could build to help reduce the amount in the air. But you would get contaminated again, every time you take a breath here. You noted we are in suits with helmets."

He took his helmet off, "I will have to have the poison removed from my system again by our medical tables. Freia will not remove her helmet as she is pregnant. She wants them to be born free of this poison. At least as free as possible as we conduct our work.

The next image we are going to show you is the attack that took place in this system in just over 320 years from now." He played the clip. "The race that attacked covets that metal. They are from another galaxy and they are ancient like the Drakor. We cannot stop this event from happening and it sent this system into a Supernova.

The simple fact is this will occur. What we can do is work to move our people to this new system that is 14 light-years away. With colony ships that are built by us, we can get people there in roughly 3 years. Groups at a time. The drawback is the metal to create these ships does not exist here."

Aurora took over, "It exists in the Sumar system. We brought some with us to build some of those ships. Your news has likely shown images of the orbital shipyard out by the outer gas Giant. We are mining metallic hydrogen from that gas giant. We are mixing it with another element called Vironidite to make it solid at room temperature.

Mix it with titanium and you have the alloy we use on our ships. Then we add a bonded coating over that. That is what makes them look black. The material for that coating is common in this system and it increases the integrity of the ships.

You could not build the ships with the materials you have. You have no ships capable of mining a gas giant because of the pressure it puts on a ship. We cannot produce a lot of military vessels, not like his, because your system contains next to no titanium.

Our focus at the moment is building the pieces needed to support the creation of colony transports, hydroponic ships, and the like. A space-based colony that will make this journey. Then many other journeys.

Also support ships and devices for the existing worlds, including medical shuttles that can have Sentinel doctors work alongside Pena doctors to learn the new technology. It will aid in the removal of toxins from your system. Hybrid blood can be made available to the population. Small shots of it will fix a lot of issues."

Freia interjected, "I had an extra toe on one foot, and missing one on another. I had a curvature in the spine and I had a genetic tubal ligation. I was born that way. I am now a mother to be and those other issues were corrected. Show them my bio scans; just the section over where my ovaries and tubes are located and the monitoring that was done as it was repaired.

Taking this blood does not make you a hybrid though it will modify your lungs to create a smaller stronger lung and a second heart like a few people still have today in our society. What was considered abnormal development was something brought here by the Drakor blood in some of our ancestors.

The other ladies in our survey team had, missing ovaries, missing and weak kidneys, and one woman had undiagnosed breast cancer that was all cured by this blood. I was made a hybrid, by my own choice, later.

The fact is we need to create more. At least a few hundred hybrids. To increase our chances of success, to leave some behind to help monitor events here while we take the first colony ships away."

Rocan stepped over and put a hand on her shoulder, "Those interested should have high MA's and advanced weapons training in swords. They also have to have a certain moral code. Wanting what is best for the Pena people over what is best for themselves.

Not coveting wealth and power. This job is a lifetime commitment of centuries. It is also one you cannot quit. To quit is to ask to be killed. Before anyone sends a message to us on this, we will send the files out on the hybrid code. Also, Aurora will filter those requests looking for lies, truths, and omissions in any incoming request.

Some will be asking why do we need so many. We have two and if we both die it is the end of our race. We need to train them in mental disciplines, telekinesis telepathy that works with those who are telepathic. We have had a few who have had that talent. Those were rare and only worked with like-minded individuals. That came from the Drakor blood of our ancestors.

We need to see those numbers in order to work a wormhole drive. That would turn a trip of 14 light-years into a trip of a few minutes at most. The images you saw were of a different fast travel engine. Those folded space. As you could see they were less accurate in their arrival and destroyed a lot of what they wanted to gain from this system. Some escaped.

They then wreaked havoc across alien species throughout this galaxy searching for scraps of this metal in other systems and destroying lives and technology along the way for many systems. Including Terra.

He thought to Aurora, * Show them the black box footage. With a translation. *

She threw the images up on the wall and they saw those ships and others, the fighting going on and the destruction caused to Terra.

Rocan called out, "Hold it there on that world being bombarded with a broken battleship. That world is Terra. The woman is a human, where we came from." He paused. "Continue the recording." She finished the jump as the death blow came to the ship.

He looked over, "She jumped from there over 35 light-years to warn us of the state of the galaxy. That metal exists on our Sentinel battleships in small quantities. Ships with no humans aboard typically. The metal has many methods of being used safely but we will not discuss those here today.

She was the only survivor; she lost her husband and the rest of her crew getting here. If the probe caught, as we believe it did, the two alien ships of different designs out near where we arrived. The larger cylinder-shaped ship was the Drakor. The small ship was the Human Hybrid council with a few members of the Drakor council who came and retrieved Victoria.

We had to explain how we got here, what it all meant, and our plan going forward. Time travel is a desperate move for any race and there are Drakor who monitor that. We gave enough information to the Drakor in this timeline that if those who monitor the timelines should come, they will understand this journey to us was about saving 2 billion Pena people from an ancient blood feud between the Drakor and this enemy.