All Comments on 'Aurora - Wings of the Goddess Pt. 04'

by RaptorDreaming

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
RamazaRamazaalmost 4 years ago
Awesome

I just love the stories about Aurora, but they really should learn to think ahead, don't smoke weed when you want to keep things private, don't split up when you are with unknown ppl. Simple things like that, they are borderline idiotic in their behavior,

But it's still a great adventure. :-)

RaptorDreamingRaptorDreamingalmost 4 years agoAuthor
But then again...

Thanks Ramaza, but that's the kind of thing that happens at parties... people drink and do other irresponsible things. When it looks like your companions are safe and sound in the crowd, having a good time, and you think it might be a little more comfortable in the room next door (or in this case the cat), you might be tempted to get in the spirit of things and imbibe. I mean why go to a party expecting trouble unless you want to make it, which our adventurers definitely did not. Borderline idiots do not survive long at sea.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 4 years ago
Another

Another curious adventure on Aurora. And another close hanger to wait on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great, but . . .

I've read the whole series and thoroughly enjoyed. At this point, I have throw the BS flag. I know this done to drive the story, but you have a chatarcter mismatch happening here. Vicky is the PA to one the most powerful attorneys in the country. A big corporate, flesh-eating, type A++ personality, hyper aggressive lawyer. They don't off a millimeter unless it is to give them room to attack from the flank! Her first instinct, honed from years of daily verbal combat is to attack immediately with over powering force! Assault through the ambush!! React to a verbal push with nuclear arsenal. That is daily life to her, squash your opponent ! Libby would not intimidate her in the slightest, not one bit! She tell her to get stuffed, walk away and I may forget this conversation, other wise I will pick up a phone and release the hounds . . . All of them!

RaptorDreamingRaptorDreamingalmost 4 years agoAuthor
Nice try Anonymous, but...

Victoria is a lawyer's PA. This is similar to the position of Articled Clerk in the British system. While she does hold a law degree she is not a practicing attorney (solicitor or barrister), having until recently been betrothed to a cult member who gave her no hope of pursuing her own career. Libby, on the other hand, is a hardened clinical psychologist, not to mention narcissistic sociopath with extensive experience in interpreting body language. As hostess on the cat she also has the home-field advantage.

Victoria knows Rebekah's birth certificate is a falsified document. This means the passport she helped Rebekah obtain, through non-standard means, is also bogus, which makes Victoria an accessory, however unwitting, to a federal crime. She is also slightly drunk and has been imbibing in illegal drugs, and is in a three-way relationship which even in the recent past would have been unthinkable. Her world has been turned upside-down, not in a bad way, but she's a stranger in paradise anyway and breaking all the rules.

Victoria did not go to the party expecting a fight. She was there for a good time, and did not recognise in Libby the malevolence Watson had already identified. Until the shooting had already started. To assault through an ambush you have first to recognise you are being attacked, and if you're drunk, high and having a really good time this can take a while.

Once the attack was underway, however, Libby got a lot more than she bargained for, when Victoria's body language revealed a mixture of guilt and deception. Victoria did have something to hide, not least of all a red-hot love affair with another young girl. And Libby was correct... there was far more to the old man's situation than met the eye, some of it by the looks illegal, gifting her the moral high ground and appeasing her ego.

Finally backed into a corner, Victoria sobered up enough to throw out a smokescreen behind which she could retreat, taking Rebekah with her. Put her in suit and throw them into a courtroom and things might be different but, between Libby, Kurt and his fat offsider, there was too much bad juju on the cat anyway.

This is a work of fiction after all, but characters like the predatory Libby and the sweetly naive Victoria are based absolute fact and if they do not behave as others would expect them to, well, vive la difference.

Anyway, thanks for reading the story and thanks for commenting. Always appreciated.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous