Aurora - Wings of the Goddess Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Is that all?"

Vicky blinked like a bunny caught in the headlights. "Well that depends."

Beck's cabin door opened and out she stepped, tying her hair back. "Vicky..."

Hands on hips, Vicky nodded. "Rebekah..."

The silence ran into overtime until Watson moved to intervene. "Beck, maybe you want to apologise."

Beck searched the saloon for means of atonement, then melted into Vicky, face in her hands. "Sorry, Macca."

Vicky hugged Beck, reluctantly at first until she gradually thawed. "You gave us a bit of a fright back there." she said. "Especially me."

"Why?"

"Why? Why do you think? Because a few hours ago we were doing you-know-what."

"I'm sorry Vicky, didn't mean it."

"Could have fooled me."

"Can I still come and live with you?"

Vicky glanced at Watson, eyes pleading for help. He shrugged. Vicky cleared her throat. "Well that depends."

"Not again."

"Seriously. First of all you have to decide if you still really want to. And if you do..."

Beck looked up. "What?"

"I don't want you chasing cars and bailing up the neighbours."

"I won't."

"What the fff... flip was that all about?" Vicky pleaded. "One minute it's high-fives and backslaps all around, and the next... ka-boom! Like somebody just stepped on a mine."

Watson heaved a sigh. "Becky has some abandonment issues. And when I made that joke about finding a new cabin girl, well, I put my foot in it."

"You said some pretty horrible things, Becky." Vicky said matter-of-factly.

"She was frightened." Watson said in the crying girl's defence.

"Is that true, Becks? Or is that how you really feel? About me? About us? About how we treat you?"

"You treat me the best anyone ever has." Beck sobbed. "In my whole life."

Watson gathered the two females into a tight embrace. "Enough of the frikken' drama, already. Been there, done that, no good, what's next."

Vicky broke free, wiping her eyes. "Rebekah? Could we have a little talk, just you and me? In your room?"

"Am I in trouble?" Beck sniffled.

"We're all in trouble," Watson rolled his eyes, "that's where it's at. Normality's for losers, trust me."

Vicky guided Beck to the door and saw her into her cabin, then padded back to Watson, sweeping her hair back. "Let me talk to her." she said in a low voice, holding his arm. "I think I know where she's coming from."

"You do?"

"Uh huh. Pretty much the same place as me."

"Really? So what's the airfare to that frikken' planet?"

"You know," Vicky sighed, "humans are funny. When bad things happen we just accept it, it's almost as if bad luck's our due. But when good things happen, well, bugger me... we just can't handle it. It's flippin' weird I'm telling you."

"You mean females are weird. Blokes just get on with it."

"Really? That's not what Beck said."

"What do you mean?"

"Well in the beginning, she said, you did everything you could to push her away."

"Why that little blabbermouth."

"Uh huh." Vicky nodded. "And why was that can you tell me? Because you thought she was ugly? Because the thought of making love to such a gorgeous young girl was so repulsive? Or were you just afraid you might-"

"Got it, Vickers." Watson rumbled, "Thanks."

"But you see what I mean, don't you? That was probably the stuff of your wildest fantasies, right? Rampant sex with a stunning little teen?"

"Jesus Vicky. How come know so much about me?"

"You're a man, Damon, it's not difficult. Point is, I bet you never thought it could happen to you. Or even should. Like that night in Canberra. Now I don't know about you, but from my point of view it was the most fabulous experiences of my whole flippin' life. So how did I handle it? Did I come skipping across the road next morning singing tra-la-laa? No! I didn't. We know what happened, don't we?"

"Yah!" Watson grinned and pinched the tip of her nose. "You went off the deep end."

"I did. And if you hadn't been so... well... if you hadn't been you, I would have thrown myself on the mercy of that hideous old pastor. I'm sooo frikken' lucky you were so frikken' persistent."

"Well I could hardly just have abandoned you."

"Ah! But you could have. But you didn't. And now look at me. One day I was a narrow-minded, paranoid, god-bothering zombie. And the next... a Champagne-quaffing, dope-smoking sex fiend with a taste for young girl, who gives zero fucks what polite society thinks, if you'll pardon my French."

"Really? There must be a downside, surely?"

"Know what? I'm the happiest now I've ever been in my life, thanks to you, and it's my turn to pass on the favour. So if you can just push off while I have a little chinwag with Beck, I'll see if we can't sort things out."

"You'll be gentle?"

Vicky grabbed his arm and shepherded him in the direction of the companionway. "I'm always gentle, Damo. You know that."

"Want me to wait for you?"

"Mmm... nahh thanks... I don't want to rush it. We'll meet you back at the accommodation." Vicky delved into her pocket and pulled out a key. "There's a white BMW parked next to the café. I'll grab a cab to the hotel when we're done. I'll just get this sorted and we can all just kiss and make up."

"Looking forward to that." Watson intoned.

"Aren't we all."

Watson heaved a sigh. "Thanks, Macca. Good luck."

"Don't worry, Sweetheart, it's just a storm in a teacup. A little misunderstanding. Now shoo. Beck and me have chick stuff to do."

* * *

They were sitting in the garden around a table by the pool when Beck and Vicky walked in, Beck in shorts and a T-shirt looking decidedly sheepish. Freshly showered, hair still damp, she shone with a subtle afterglow that hinted at sex. Leaving Beck standing in the dock all on her own, Vicky lowered her bottom onto a patio chair beside the old man and hooked her arm through his elbow. There was a moment's strained silence, then Beck swung her hair over one shoulder. "It's me, everyone." she mumbled, fidgeting with the ends, "Feral Beryl."

Bragg reached into a pocket and pulled out his wallet. "Go ahead, Miss," he said, lobbing it on the table, "just take it. I don't want any trouble."

Beck gestured at a chair with her chin. "Mind if I sit next to you?" Bragg hesitated just that instant and Beck looked up. "Promise I won't bite."

"Not even a nibble?" Bragg pleaded. "Christ! It just goes from bad to worse."

Beck sat down beside him and Tanya scraped her chair over the slate to bracket the blonde. When the silence had run on for far too long, Watson got his feet and looked at an imaginary watch. "Sun's over the yardarm, folks. Anyone for a beer?"

Vicky came up beside him, smoothing her shorts. "Awesome idea. I'll give you a hand."

By the time they returned, bearing five bottles between them, Bragg, Tanya and Beck were falling about with laughter, as if the clock had been somehow wound back.

"We were just discussing Alana." Tanya sighed, wiping her eyes. "You know when Beck did her nut just then, she sounded just like Ally."

"Ally in a good mood." Bragg concurred, one wayward hand stroking the inside of Beck's thigh.

"I wonder if we can get Beck some sort of swear filter?" Tanya mused, "For her headphones?"

"Just imagine." Bragg laughed. "Ally to Beck... Go ahead and get on that beeeeep-ing radio and beeeeep call those beeeeeeeep beeeeeeep in the beeeeeping tower and ask for beeeeep takeoff beeeeeeeeeep clearance."

The table erupted in hilarity. As the laughter settled down they all raised their beers, toasting each other and their immense good fortune. Because it was a gorgeous dry-season day, with the bubbling of a miniature waterfall in the background and stands of ornamental greenery swaying in the balmy tropical breeze. Tanya heaved a burp then wiped her mouth. "We've been talking." she announced out of nowhere. "It's just hypothetical, mind you, but apparently Beck wants to be a pilot or something." She glanced at Beck for confirmation. "Is that right, Darling?"

Bottle at her lips, Beck nodded.

"Right. And it just so happens the firm owns a plane. A Gull Stream or something." She looked at her husband, "That's it, isn't it, Rodge?"

"Stuffed if I know." Bragg shrugged. "All sixty million-dollar private jets look the same to me. It's white, right?"

"Not sure." Tanya frowned, "The seats are beige. Now. We've got a little problem. We have this pilot, her name's Alana, and no one wants to fly with her because she's so frikking bad tempered. We usually keep her muzzled but have to take it of from time to time when she uses the radio. We're afraid one day she might get loose and terrorise the billionaires... they're a delicate lot you know, billionaires. Anyway, Rebekah..."

"Uh huh."

"Listen, if you really do want to be a pilot maybe we could come to some sort of arrangement."

Beck set her bottle carefully down. "Such as?"

"Well... if you were prepared to fly with Alana and teach her some manners... be a moderating influence if you will... well, maybe we could help you with your licence."

Tanya sat back while Beck grappled with the concept- the dream of a lifetime handed to her on a gilded plate. She looked at Watson. "What do you think old man?"

"Well..." Watson said shrewdly, "first things first... What's in it for me?"

"Bravo!" Bragg hailed, "Spoken like a lawyer."

"We know it's a big ask," Tanya continued, "but we could put you through flying school in return and pay for your ratings. We'll keep a close eye on you and of course you have to have regular holidays-"

"It's the law, I'm afraid." Bragg confirmed. "I've tried to find some way around it, but, sadly..."

"That's right," Tanya nodded, "so you'd still have time to go sailing. And, Macca?"

"Yes, Boss?"

"We were wondering. Would it be possible to put Becky up while she's at school?"

"Well that depends." Vicky said, "Does she eat much?"

Holding Vicky's gaze, Tanya took a swig of her beer. "Apparently you already know."

Vicky's blush glowed brightly under the hue of her sunburn. "Honest. I can explain everything."

"You know I am so looking forward to that."

"I know this is all hypothetical, of course," Watson cut in, "but when would she start? Hypothetically?"

"There's a hypothetical course starting next month." Bragg replied. "We've sort of already enrolled her. Hypothetically."

"Moosh?"

Beck looked up. They were trying to sound light hearted, as if this wasn't the second greatest thing that had ever happened. "Do you know," she replied, "that if you add up all the moments of the weights times the arms, and divide them by the sum of the weights, you get what's called a centre of gravity?"

"Exactly!" Bragg snapped his fingers. "I was about to say the very same thing."

"Is that like a black hole or something?" Watson asked and Bragg shrugged.

Tanya took another sip of her beer. "So. Damon? Becky? What do you think?"

"Well..." Beck hedged, "it all sounds... err... pretty flippin' fantastic, but what about Damon?"

"What about me?"

"What will you do?"

Watson opened his mouth to reply but before he could utter a word Beck said, "Without adult supervision? Doddering old gerry like you. We can't have you just wandering off in my yacht."

"No problem." Tanya reassured. "Once you qualify he can come on ride-alongs, space permitting. All over the world. And like I said, we undertake to carry out cabin-girl duties from time to time... me, Caddy, Maya-"

"And me." Vicky raised a hand.

"See?" Tanya crowed.

"And maybe you can drag Katrina out of the clutches of that horrible husband." Beck said hopefully.

"And don't forget Hayley."

"Ladies please..." Bragg piped up, "just form an orderly queue."

"Sounds like you might be busy." Beck smiled, stinging with jealousy.

"Not half as busy as you." Watson grunted. "It's gonna take a mountain of work you know. You know that, don't you?"

"Do what you love," Vicky intoned, "and you'll never work a day in your life."

Beck nodded. "That's what I figure."

"Still," Bragg said, putting the brakes on, "don't forget this is all hypothetical. Take a little while to think it over Beck. There's no real-"

"The answer is yes."

"-hurry. Pardon?"

"The answer is yes." Beck said. "Damon?"

Watson shrugged. "Mad if you don't."

Tanya banged the table with her hand. "That settles it then. Beck, Damon, I'll get my people to talk to your people and work out the details. You just keep doing what you're doing Becky and don't go cold. The more exams you pass now the sooner you get that sweet little butt off the ground. Now... I don't know about you guys but I think that deserves a toast."

Beers were raised as Beck sat reeling. It was really happening.

Tanya burped and wiped her mouth. "Anyway," she continued, "to more mundane... affairs... if you'll pardon the pun. Macca. You all holidayed-out? We need you back at work, Darlin'. Asap."

Vicky took a pull of her beer. "It's hardly been a holiday. More of a transformation really. A total and permanent paradigm shift."

"But are you ready? To come back?"

Bragg pressed his hands together. "Please, Macca. Just say 'yes'."

"Pretty please," Tanya echoed, "Diddums needs you."

"Honestly?" Vicky replied, "This whole adventure's been so amazing I don't think I'll ever be ready to come back. So I guess it doesn't really matter when I do."

"Is that 'yes'?" Bragg asked.

Vicky closed her eyes and dipped her head. "Of course, Mister Bragg."

"Tell me," Tanya asked conversationally, "just out of interest. What would you do if you had the choice?"

"If I had the choice?" Vicky mused. "I'd stay on Aurora for ever and ever with Damon and Beck. And go sailing all over the world, just the three of us. Which of course would just ruin everything. Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle or something like that- remaining in the situation would automatically change it. And, anyway," Vicky shrugged, "sounds the whole dynamic's about to change anyway."

Watson lay a hand on Vicky's. "Aurora will still be there, don't worry. And so will I, till I'm not at any rate. Stop changing you die."

"I know." Vicky nodded with a tear in her eye. "I'm just being silly. When do you want me back, Boss?"

"Tomorrow?" Bragg asked with a tiny grimace, as if it were an apology.

"It's either that or we get a divorce." Tanya said. "Buggalugs can hardly tie his own shoelaces, let alone remember how to unlock his phone. The old Macca Magic, Sweetheart. We really need you."

Vicky smiled wanly. Jetting from city to city, running from court to court, late night pick-ups, early morning starts. Schmoozing clients, pampering egos, finding the fix and taking the blame- a far cry from the long lazy days under sail. "Sure!" she said brightly over the rending of her heart. "After all you've done for me, it's the least I can do."

"That's my girl." Tanya winked. "Hunger's the best appetiser as they say, and you'll still have all those memories to keep you warm."

And that's not all, Vicky thought, sneaking a glance at the little blonde across the table. They'd be sharing her apartment soon, and hopefully a bed. They could call her gay, call her a lesbian, call her a dirty rotten dyke for all she cared, but the thought of having the little blonde bombshell on tap was enough to make her mouth water.

"And there's always next time," Bragg put in, "like Damon says. Can't make you work forever as much as I'd like to."

"No, of course, Mister Bragg."

"Mister Bragg?" Bragg demanded, looking hurt. "Who is this 'Mister Bragg' you're referring to?"

"What? Oh, sorry Mister Bragg, I mean..."

Bragg wagged a warning finger in her face. "One more time..."

Vicky grabbed Bragg's finger and kissed the tip. "You'll always be my Mister Bragg, Mister Bragg, but in the nicest possible way."

"I guess some things will never change."

"Some thing's aren't meant to."

"This beer's going down a treat." Tanya said to herself. "Look at me, not even lunch and I'm pissed as a billygoat."

"Just pretend you're a busted-ass yachtie." Watson said. "Right Beck? Remember that time we had Champagne for breakfast? When we were becalmed?"

Beck shook her head. "Nope."

"My point exactly. That's the day we set the record."

"Record?" Vicky asked, a little tipsy herself.

"Twelve wasn't it, Moosh?" Watson asked.

Beck's hand slipped under Bragg's waistband and her tiny, cool hand wrapped around his stiff tube. "You always say that. It was thirteen, remember, including one-"

"-you gave yourself." Watson nodded, "That's right."

Vicky reared back and eyed the little blonde. "Thirteen?"

"We started early."

"You're talking orgasms, aren't you?"

"Well I'm sure as hell not talking cups of tea."

"Thirteen." Vicky whistled. "Between the two of you?"

Beck shook her head. "Seventeen between us."

"No way! That must be a world record, surely."

Beck was circling the flared base of Bragg's leaking knob with her fingertips. "Records are only made to be broken." she said, straight out of her old man's book of quotes.

"I don't suppose you need volunteers?"

Tanya put a hand on her heart. "Macca! My goodness! Is that really you?"

"It's all the sea air." Watson suggested. "It's all full of ozone."

There was a moment's tense silence then Bragg cleared his throat. "You know, while we're on the subject..."

"What? Sea air?"

Bragg winced as Beck's finger's brushed his ball sac. "Volunteers. Look. We've booked a couple of apartments upstairs, and we were wondering..."

"What?"

"Well... we haven't seen Beck for a while, Tanya and me... and we were wondering..."

There was another strained pause.

"Umm..." Tanya hedged. "I don't suppose you've told Macca?"

Watson shifted uncomfortably. "Told Macca what?"

Tanya twirled her finger, "About us?"

"Our situation." Bragg hastened, forearmed with a harmless fiction should the answer be 'no'.

"It's okay, guys," Beck said, putting Bragg out of his misery, "she knows."

"Everything?"

Beck shot Vicky a glance and she gave her a tiny nod.

"Pretty much."

"I see..." Tanya said. "And?"

Vicky looked from Tanya to Bragg. "Honestly? I was horrified."

Beck's eyes went wide. Bragg's cock had just dumped its blood pressure, going from steel to marshmallow in a couple of heartbeats.

"I see..." Tanya replied coolly. "It was a miracle. You know that, don't you, not the least for Roger and me? And it led to another miracle, and another, now here we are."

"No, no," Vicky waved her down, "that's not what I mean. That was just my initial reaction. Don't forget I'm still undoing a lifetime of brainwashing. Now and then there are... echoes. That was just an old me reaction. But I went from, 'oh my god how could they?' to, you know, 'wow, that's cool' in record time." Vicky looked left and right, then leant over the table and in a low voice said, "Besides... I've been fucking the bum off her too so I can hardly point the finger."

"No," Beck said under her breath, "I've got a much better use for it."

"Do you hate me now, Macca?" Bragg implored, conscious of Beck's little hand massaging life back into his shrivelling prick.

Vicky took a deep breath. "You know, Mister Bragg, to be brutally honest... I once did. I want you to know the truth. I thought you were and absolute a-hole. Greedy, ruthless, utterly insensitive to suffering, cruel, heartless, arrogant and vain. With the self-restraint of a five year-old and the ethics of a sewer rat."

"Jesus, Macca," Tanya breathed, "tell us what you really think."

"Well I will thanks Tanya, since you asked so nicely. You... I thought you were a harlot... in the biblical sense. Avaricious, scheming, totally immoral..."

Tanya sat blinking with her jaw on the table and Vicky took a swig from her beer.

"...promiscuous, materialistic, shallow and despotic. Not to mention selfish. And ostentatious. As well as vindictive, spiteful and not very nice."