All Comments on 'Author Interview: edrider73'

by Literoticauthor

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Very Interesting and informative. Thanks.

2soon2no2soon2noabout 2 years ago

Well done. I have struggled to find an editor, until I realized that many on the list are long gone from writing, or any activity on Literotica. It's as if their wife found out and put the kibosh on such folly. I struggle, re-re-reading until it's like pulling teeth to read it again! Check their list of favorites, and don't consider any who's last favorite was more than 2 years ago.

I also resubmit when I become aware of mistakes, but a new story seems to be in limbo until it clears the 'new story' category, ...my last correction to change 'pail' to 'pale' and 'cubicle' to 'cubical' took 18 days!

Ratings are overrated. They should have a rating system just for writers of erotica. To rate someone you have to have written at least 2 stories withing the genre that you are judging. That would take away the one bombers. Ones should not even be allowed. If it makes it past the site editors it's at least a 2. The best thing that Literotica could do, would be to eliminate every vote of 1 star. Just throw it out and say nothing. It's a misuse of their vote, and as such it simple deserves to be ignored.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Regarding negative comments from repeat readers: Since edrider73 does not include tags such as "unfinished story" or "reader left hanging", it's not surprising. I can't speak for others, but I can speak about my experience. I read a lot from the list of newly released stories or through searches. I don't have a "shitty author" list, so I have to go by title, tags (if the author actually uses them), and descriptions. I tend to avoid reading the comments first to prevent spoilers. So, when writers like edrider73 posts a story with a decent title, no warning flags in the tags, and an interesting description I'm likely to read it. When I get to the end of the words before I get to the end of the story, that might be enough for me to recognize a repeat offender. I might also then look at his other stories to see if he's bamboozled me before and then mention it in the comments.

So, TL;DR, getting negative comments from people saying they have read your other stories doesn't mean they are going down your story list and deliberately reading your unfinished works just so they can complain about your failures.

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

Oh dear, if only you were as clever as you think you are! A lot of surmises I've had about your stories have been now proven.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I think the author interviews like this enhance the discerning reader's enjoyment of the author's work.

Ver well done.

Thank you.

The Hoary Cleric

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous