Author's Log 01

Story Info
Thoughts & updates about my stories & experiences writing.
764 words
4.65
2.3k
2

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 01/24/2024
Created 09/21/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Djmac1031
Djmac1031
785 Followers

First up: this isn't a sex story, or any story at all.

It's been (as of this writing) exactly one month since I've officially joined Literotica and had my first story published.

So I decided to start this log, if you will, to talk about my experiences so far and to update my readers on future stories.

First and foremost: Thank you to everyone who's taken time to actually read my stories. The responses I've gotten so far in such a short time have been overwhelming, and appreciated.

So what have I learned in my first full month of writing? Proofreading and editing. Read what I wrote, edit it, read it again, edit more. Rinse and repeat til it's right.

I look back on mistakes I made in my first few stories and cringe. They were easily fixed if I'd just taken a little more time with them. Call it "New Author Growing Pains" I guess.

Been getting lots of great feedback from writers and readers, both in comments and in the discussion forums. I think I've improved a lot in just a month, but fully realize I still have a lot to learn.

Let's talk briefly about my stories so far; where they came from and where they're going:

The Doctor Is In...Me: My first published story. The only real life inspiration is that I happen to have an attractive female doctor, and I did have a discussion with her about some erectile dysfunction issues. Oh, and at one point she did actually ask me how often I woke up "hard" instead of using the more medical term "erect." Other than that, the rest is pure fantasy.

One I probably should have left alone after chapter 1. By writing chapter 2, I now realize I've kinda written myself into a trap of having to continue it as a relationship story, which wasn't the intent of the original. I'm honestly not sure where this story will go at this point or if I'll even continue it. If you're a fan of it and have suggestions, I'm open to them.

Discovering Amy: This one is, and will remain, a simple love story. Bits and pieces of it are based on my own life experiences but generally it's still pure fiction. That said, I've tried to keep it grounded in reality. And it will probably end when...SPOILER ALERT...they lose their virginity to each other. So don't expect wild threesomes or lesbian sex between Amy and her best friend. Future chapters are coming, I'm just trying to discover the path they're on from here.

The Jenna Arrangement: Probably my favorite series to write so far; certainly the one that's come to me the easiest. Chapter 1 is based on a fantasy I've had floating around in my head for a long time, but the continuing chapters have surprised me in the direction they took from there. I try to keep most of my stories realistic, even when they branch off into things that only happen in sex fantasies, but I'm trying to maintain that balance especially on this one. It will continue for as long as that balance remains, and end when it feels right.

A Karen Gets Her Comeuppance: My first try at a completely farcical sex story. Some people liked it, some didn't, and that's OK. Strictly a one shot, I have no plans for a sequel.

I've pumped out eleven stories / chapters in one month, which to me seems like a lot anyway. My volume will slow down as I'm taking more time now with my writing and editing.

I'm also writing a new story, something completely different from what I've done so far. But unlike my other stories, I want to finish this one first before publishing, so I don't write myself into a corner or have continuity errors like I've made in some stories. I'm trying to learn from my mistakes.

Once I've completed it, I'll decide whether to publish it as a whole or break it into chapters. Depends on how long it winds up being I suppose. Feedback on whether you prefer short chapters or one long story in your reading habits is welcome.

I'm also slowly working my way through the forums, reading various articles, as well as trying to read and support other authors here.

So that's it for now. I may do one of these once a month or so, or whenever I feel the need to update or discuss things.

Feedback and advice is always welcome, whether in comments or directly via private messaging.

DJ

Djmac1031
Djmac1031
785 Followers